Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    So, for something entirely different, who's going to be watching the Downton Abbey season finale tonight on PBS?
    Me! I've already seen it once but I'll be watching it again. Is there a new Once Upon a Time on too? If so, then I'll also be watching that.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Hey, GW, I thought that bug was fixed! You just ate my post again.

What I said was "Too bad Falcon wasn't here to read my Kate comment."
      *kicks GW*

And yeah, it'd be nice if Falcon could join us for the Kate episodes.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Me! I've already seen it once but I'll be watching it again. Is there a new Once Upon a Time on too? If so, then I'll also be watching that.
        Don't know about Once Upon a Time, I'm not watching that one.

Ahh, alternative ways to get your international TV fix. Gotta love it.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ooooh, just noticed that I'm getting close to my 15,000 post milestone. Cool.

Comment

Ooooh, just noticed that I'm getting close to my 15,000 post milestone. Cool.
            Exciting! You have to plan some awesome Sparky fun for that one!

Comment

Exciting! You have to plan some awesome Sparky fun for that one!
              Hopefully I'll have my 'breakfast in bed' fic done before I hit the mark.

Comment

Hopefully I'll have my 'breakfast in bed' fic done before I hit the mark.
                That would make an excellent 15,000th post! Wow, 15,000!

Comment

Hey, GW, I thought that bug was fixed! You just ate my post again.
                  It's a database error apparently, one that's not as easy to fix as Greg would like it to be.

What I said was "Too bad Falcon wasn't here to read my Kate comment."
                  What comment? *goes back a few pages*

John knows all about the other Teyla ships and tries to help out. *nods* He sent Teyla to see Kate as well.
                  Ah, that comment.

John wants his friends to be happy.

And yeah, it'd be nice if Falcon could join us for the Kate episodes.
                  I'll try. Though maybe send me a message... I always seem to get my times confused.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    What comment? *goes back a few pages*

Ah, that comment.

John wants his friends to be happy.
                    In-very-deed. Just as he wishes to be happy, too. *pets John*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    I'll try. Though maybe send me a message... I always seem to get my times confused.
                    I shall make a note of that. *salutes*

Comment

Good evening/morning ... I wasn't here at all today, between having things to do, going shopping with Mom, and a cook out at a friend's house tonight ...

Won't be here tomorrow, maybe in the evening, but hopefully I can work offline and get some stories updated so I should have something to post either tomorrow night or Tuesday.

Night!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkyville!

A little present I dug out of my files before I go. Sparky, fluffy, John in jeans doing manual labor ... what more could you ask for?!

And no, this isn't the "Trading Places" fic I was talking about a couple days ago. That one will be posted tomorrow.

Have a good one, see y'all later!

Spoiler:
                        "Garbage"

Elizabeth glared at the accumulating pile of garbage inside her quarters as the door closed, letting a heavy sigh escape her. She had been specifically promised that her room would be spotless by the time she got back from the briefing with SGA-3.

Apparently, John Sheppard was not keeping his word today.

"John, are you here?" she called out, glancing around the bedroom, the bathroom, trying to determine his location.

"In here!"

She followed the voice to a doorway, leading into a smaller room off of her living space. As she predicted, John was laying sideways on the floor, holding a wrench in one hand and bracing himself with the other. "Hey 'Lizabeth," he greeted without looking up.

Closing her eyes, Elizabeth dropped her head. "What are you doing?" she asked, crossing his arms.

"I promised I would have this done and cleaned for you today," he replied, pushing himself away from the newly assembled furniture, sitting on the floor for a moment. He glanced up at her, puppy eyes taking over. "Doesn't it look good?"

She opened her eyes again, making contact with his. "It looks great. But you promised that all of the boxes would be gone by the time I came back."

John sighed, standing up and wiping his hands on his jeans. "Sorry, it took me a little longer than expected. Believe it or not," he told her with a smirk, "this is my first time putting a crib together."

She smiled back at him as he walked up to her, planting a kiss on her forehead as their hands met atop her pregnant belly.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Good morning, Sparkyville!

A little present I dug out of my files before I go. Sparky, fluffy, John in jeans doing manual labor ... what more could you ask for?!

And no, this isn't the "Trading Places" fic I was talking about a couple days ago. That one will be posted tomorrow.

Have a good one, see y'all later!

Spoiler:
                          "Garbage"

Elizabeth glared at the accumulating pile of garbage inside her quarters as the door closed, letting a heavy sigh escape her. She had been specifically promised that her room would be spotless by the time she got back from the briefing with SGA-3.

Apparently, John Sheppard was not keeping his word today.

"John, are you here?" she called out, glancing around the bedroom, the bathroom, trying to determine his location.

"In here!"

She followed the voice to a doorway, leading into a smaller room off of her living space. As she predicted, John was laying sideways on the floor, holding a wrench in one hand and bracing himself with the other. "Hey 'Lizabeth," he greeted without looking up.

Closing her eyes, Elizabeth dropped her head. "What are you doing?" she asked, crossing his arms.

"I promised I would have this done and cleaned for you today," he replied, pushing himself away from the newly assembled furniture, sitting on the floor for a moment. He glanced up at her, puppy eyes taking over. "Doesn't it look good?"

She opened her eyes again, making contact with his. "It looks great. But you promised that all of the boxes would be gone by the time I came back."

John sighed, standing up and wiping his hands on his jeans. "Sorry, it took me a little longer than expected. Believe it or not," he told her with a smirk, "this is my first time putting a crib together."

She smiled back at him as he walked up to her, planting a kiss on her forehead as their hands met atop her pregnant belly.
                          Awww, I saw that coming as soon as you revealed that he was putting something together. So cute.

We had a great time watching Suspicion yesterday, and during our post-a-thon a number of interesting points came up. So for our discussion this week, let's revisit the ones I can remember some of them.

The Athosians: What did we learn about them? Why did they turn against Teyla? What's with Halling? Did they really want to move to the mainland? Why or why not?

Teyla: Leader of her people? Why did she decide to stay on Atlantis? How could she have explained her motives better to her people? Has she changed her mind about John and Elizabeth?

Inconsistencies: OMG! Discussing this episode is difficult because of the constantly changing minds of just about everyone. Let's look at just a few.

John supports Teyla against his own people and in spite of logic.
                          John supports Weir instead of Teyla.

Teyla is loyal to her people and knows they are all innocent.
                          Teyla feels betrayed that her people want to leave.
                          Teyla gets angry (at least I think she was supposed to be angry) that the Athosians are accused, yet doesn't trust strangers.

And finally, was Bates wrong? Was Elizabeth wrong to support him? Did they handle the questioning well? How about the way she treated John? Could she have handled him better?

Wow, that's a lot. Choose one or many and tell us what you think. You have all week.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Awwww, ShipperWriter, you made me melt into a puddle of happy goo with that ficlet! So cute!

Quite a lot of great questions on Suspicion; I'll want to ponder them for a bit over lunch before I post my answers.

Comment

I'm home from my "wonderful day off" at Busch Gardens. And ugh, that was probably the worst time I've ever had at BG. I think I would've had more fun if I'd gone alone. ;(

The group was supposed to be myself, my mom, an older couple and their grandson. Well, the grandfather got sick last minute, so the four of us go. Not only was their 2 yr old grandson a hassle ALL DAY, but his mother requested that the grandmother stay with him at all times. And she was looking forward to going because she loves coasters!

So I rode one of the "big" ones once by myself, and the little one in Sesame Street with the toddler. I now have a massive headache that nothing is helping, and my ear is stopped up and I can't hear too well right now. I turned up the TV a little too loud and it irritated the crap outta my mom, who in turn has irritated the crap out of me all day because I'm supposed to be on a diet, and whenever I would pick up something that technically isn't on the diet, she would glower and make a comment that just ticked me off.

... Okay. OT temper tantrum done.

Thank you, SR & SK, about my fic! I'm going to work on my other one, and we'll see if I get it done and posted for tomorrow. It would be apropos.

*lurking*

Comment

Oh geeze, that sucks to hear you didn't have a good time. *hugs*

If you ever get out to LA, look me up. I'll take you to Disneyland. And to heck with the diet!

Comment

Working...
                                X