Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy Birthday to me!

Hmm, I always saw Carter's reactions regarding everyone else's feelings about Elizabeth as being somewhat stilted. She never mentioned Elizabeth, not even indirectly, in her 'hi, I'm your new boss!' speech in Reunion, and I found her little comment about John thinking more diplomatically because he was in Weir's old office seemed more of a backhanded slap at Weir than anything else. Of course, that may just be the lingering afterimage of how Carter jerked Weir around on SG-1 that's talking.

Agreed, and I think it's especially true of McKeller, which wasn't affected by behind-the-scenes real life events as the pregnancy subplot was. They didn't really have much choice on the latter, so I give them a bit of slack on it. I still don't excuse them on the poor storytelling throughout that arc, though.
    Happy Birthday, Scary Kitty!!!!!! I hope you have lots of fun planned for today.

I barely remember Weir on SG-1, so I don't really have any feelings about Carter in that respect. But what I saw was TPTB trying to pretend Elizabeth never existed and trying to show us that her and John's relationship could be duplicated with Carter. All they succeeded in doing was to prove just the opposite. There was no way to wipe out her memory and no other relationship like theirs.

And the plot changes in S4-5 just make me wish more and more that I had been spoiler free. It was interesting though watching it through Mr. SR's eyes and witnessing firsthand his WTF? reaction to it all. I remember when Teyla's pregnancy came out that he wondered aloud about her crush and how this proved that it had to be an Athosian. Funny man. But then he disappointed me by saying McKeller wasn't all that far fetched due to their previous interactions. Can't win 'em all, I guess, but he did agree that the age difference was problematic.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Scary Kitty!

I hope you have lots of cake, mojitos, and Chipolte. As well as chocolate and peanut butter.

happybirthday28.jpg

happybirthday35.gif

return1-2.jpg
      Crap! Did you know it was Scary Kitty's birthday? Did we get her a present?
      We gave her the mint jar last year. I don't know how we'll top that.
      Can I go in with you guys?
      No.

ps - why doesn't your name show up on the Forum's list?
      Attached Files

Comment

Kitty might have it hidden - or the time is still behind or in the future or...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I'm still giggling at Falcon using the phrase "y'all".
          You just had to do it didn't you, JT-2.

Ever since I read your post reminding us Falcon used y'all, I've had this imagine in my head of Kate holding a Lemming wearing a dress right out of Gone With The Wind and saying "Isn't this dress Teyla got Falcon just the cutest thing ever."

Now I'm tempted to turn it into a ficlet and work Sparky in somehow so I can post it here.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            sure, i'll beta for ya. i just finished revising my essay for an english course i'm taking. so whenever you want me to beta, just PM me.
            Thanks!!! Check you're messages when you get a chance. I just sent it a little bit ago.

Comment

Happy Birthday Scary Kitty!!!

Now seems a good time for a minor confession as well. I've been fighting this for a while but I've finally given in and joined your Sparky Chipotle Cult. I can't get enough of their food!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

Ever since I read your post reminding us Falcon used y'all, I've had this imagine in my head of Kate holding a Lemming wearing a dress right out of Gone With The Wind and saying "Isn't this dress Teyla got Falcon just the cutest thing ever."

Now I'm tempted to turn it into a ficlet and work Sparky in somehow so I can post it here.
                Oooh, funny ficlet idea! LOL!!!!!

Comment

De-lurking (again!!) to share a little something I made for this weeks 'tutorial week' on the Artwork for All thread

Just seems like the perfect place to share this
                  sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                    De-lurking (again!!) to share a little something I made for this weeks 'tutorial week' on the Artwork for All thread

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/.../Sparky001.jpg

Just seems like the perfect place to share this
                    That is great. Your sig is kinds nice too.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      That is great. Your sig is kinds nice too.
                      Thanks SR, the sig was made during this weeks challenge too
                      sigpic
                      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

ROTFL!!!
                        Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/.../Sparky001.jpg
                        Awesomesauce!

Comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! Going out to dinner at my favorite new Japanese place tonight... Bring on the sake!

Love the new Sparky sig, Madness reigns!

I barely remember Weir on SG-1, so I don't really have any feelings about Carter in that respect. But what I saw was TPTB trying to pretend Elizabeth never existed and trying to show us that her and John's relationship could be duplicated with Carter. All they succeeded in doing was to prove just the opposite. There was no way to wipe out her memory and no other relationship like theirs.
                          Too true. And TPTW sure got a rude awakening when we didn't roll over and go along with their plans like the sheeple they thought we were. But they brought that on themselves.

And the plot changes in S4-5 just make me wish more and more that I had been spoiler free. It was interesting though watching it through Mr. SR's eyes and witnessing firsthand his WTF? reaction to it all. I remember when Teyla's pregnancy came out that he wondered aloud about her crush and how this proved that it had to be an Athosian. Funny man. But then he disappointed me by saying McKeller wasn't all that far fetched due to their previous interactions. Can't win 'em all, I guess, but he did agree that the age difference was problematic.

You know, as headache-inducing it might have been, it would've been fun to see Mr. SR's reaction to SGU.

Happy Birthday, Scary Kitty!

I hope you have lots of cake, mojitos, and Chipolte. As well as chocolate and peanut butter.
                          Thanks! The Chipotle will probably wait until Saturday, but I have cake!

Spoiler:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32286[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32283[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32287[/ATTACH]
                          Crap! Did you know it was Scary Kitty's birthday? Did we get her a present?
                          We gave her the mint jar last year. I don't know how we'll top that.
                          Can I go in with you guys?
                          No.

ps - why doesn't your name show up on the Forum's list?
                          Hmm, not sure how they'd top it either...

Spoiler:
                          After all, just look what kind of mischief they got up to when they got me The Jar!

Doooo it! I dare you! I double dare you!

And 'Sparky Chipotle Cult'? I like it!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And I thought I was sarcastic. I bow to the new queen. Those who loved the Sam/John interactions but hated John/Elizabeth probably just hated Elizabeth. That's simple logic. But some of the analysis that supposedly proves Sam and John were friends is a bit flawed. She was his superior. They only worked together for a few months. He respected her as a commanding officer. There was nothing personal to it. Plus, she was kind regarding Elizabeth and treated him like a grieving husband. I think, considering her own situation, Sam saw right through to John's heart and had a soft spot for him because of it.
                            I can only guess, but I assume some of the examples they would be using about any Sam/John friendship would be the communal team eating thing, coz good 'ol Sam was just one of the gang. And yes, she treated him with kid gloves somewhat in Doppleganger. Although if she said 'when I was in SG-1' one more time I was going to throw something at the screen!!!!

True, but that argument doesn't hold up overall. Look at Teyla's pregnancy and McKeller. A viewer can now look at episodes shown out of order and wonder about both of those. So, they were inconsistent. Sparky would have created a lot less disturbance than the pregnancy for sure.
                            Not only that, their enemies had arcs. The Genii changed leadership, the replicators were introduced and then eliminated (kinda), and there were two leadership changes on Atlantis. I guess from a writing standpoint it's probably easier when the characters themselves don't actually change.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy Birthday to me!

H
                            A
                            P
                            P
                            Y

B
                            I
                            R
                            T
                            H
                            D
                            A
                            Y

Hmm, I always saw Carter's reactions regarding everyone else's feelings about Elizabeth as being somewhat stilted. She never mentioned Elizabeth, not even indirectly, in her 'hi, I'm your new boss!' speech in Reunion, and I found her little comment about John thinking more diplomatically because he was in Weir's old office seemed more of a backhanded slap at Weir than anything else. Of course, that may just be the lingering afterimage of how Carter jerked Weir around on SG-1 that's talking.
                            Agreed, the introduction was a bit of a mis-step, especially considering she was mentioned by name in the following bedroom scene.

Agreed, and I think it's especially true of McKeller, which wasn't affected by behind-the-scenes real life events as the pregnancy subplot was. They didn't really have much choice on the latter, so I give them a bit of slack on it. I still don't excuse them on the poor storytelling throughout that arc, though.
                            I just don't get it with the Teyla pregnancy though. If they were insistent that they weren't going to hide the pregnancy, and if they were insistent that John wasn't going to be the father (either by natural means or by Michael's intervention), then why didn't they make Ronon the dad? And why did they kill Kate just when they really needed her?

Happy Birthday, Scary Kitty!!!!!! I hope you have lots of fun planned for today.

I've often wondered how I would've viewed s4 had I been spoiler free too. They didn't explain some of the changes very well. I often think they rely too much on the fact that a lot of fans are on the net and getting the information that way, or through the commentaries.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Kitty might have it hidden - or the time is still behind or in the future or...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
                            Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! Going out to dinner at my favorite new Japanese place tonight... Bring on the sake!

Love the new Sparky sig, Madness reigns!

Too true. And TPTW sure got a rude awakening when we didn't roll over and go along with their plans like the sheeple they thought we were. But they brought that on themselves.

You know, as headache-inducing it might have been, it would've been fun to see Mr. SR's reaction to SGU.

Thanks! The Chipotle will probably wait until Saturday, but I have cake!

Spoiler:

Hmm, not sure how they'd top it either...

Spoiler:
                            After all, just look what kind of mischief they got up to when they got me The Jar!

Those naughty, naughty dolls
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              And why did they kill Kate just when they really needed her?
                              Because male characters have more fans so killing off Zelenka or Lorne was just not done.

*pouts*

Comment

I'm trying. This one may take a while and be in need of a really good beta, though.

I couldn't resist. The second time I went to Chipotle, I thought of you and that phrase popped into my head.

Comment

Working...
                                X