X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    *ponders* *considers the rewards* *ponders some more*

I'm thinking it might be worth it.
    Yeah it's a pretty good risk-to-reward ratio.

Comment

I'm a Commodore. I don't even remember a Commodore from Star Trek. Tell me that means I can be shipped with John.
      I can recall a Commodore Decker from the original series. Only reason I remember is he was in one of my fav episodes (he piloted a ship into the planet killer device).

Why would in the world do you want to be shipped with John?
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        I can recall a Commodore Decker from the original series. Only reason I remember is he was in one of my fav episodes (he piloted a ship into the planet killer device).

Gosh, I can't think of a single good reason.

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          No no. It's not a ghost. It's me. I'm alive but very very very busy.

I have nothing to say except I miss you, guys. I hope I will have some time soon. I want to be back in this wonderful place. I saw there are some newbies here. Welcome.

And Happy birthday SW!
          Hi Probie! Are you counting down the days until you see Joe & Torri?

Yeah, that's not a very good reason. *cough*

FYI - I'm on SGA Rising with Firefox and it's fine.
          sigpic
          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Hiya, Probie! Long time, no see! How are you doing?

I'm a Commodore. I don't even remember a Commodore from Star Trek. Tell me that means I can be shipped with John.
            Didn't Chris Pike eventually become a Commodore after he left command of the Enterprise in the original series?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Are you prepared to be hated by 90% of fandom?
            You really think that it'd be lower than 100%?

*ponders* *considers the rewards* *ponders some more*

I'm thinking it might be worth it.
            I'd say so, too.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post

Umm...

[/B]

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...red/booboo.jpg
            *interrupted from licking computer monitor* Uh, what was the question again?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That was great. You're really good at getting inside John's head.
              Thank you boss I tried to write that with a little of my own experience, but given that Sheppard and I aren't all that similar, I doubt it ended up the same as if it'd been written by one of the show's writers

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! I hope everyone's teams are doing well! And Happy Birthday to our very own ShipperWriter!
              Dunno about college football, but Ireland beat Australia in the Rugby World Cup during the weekend, heh heh. This tournament has proved quite suprising to date. The opening weekend featured the funniest conversion kick I have ever seen - the bloke from Scotland was mid-swing when the ball fell over (it's an oval shaped ball)

I dunno about anyone else, but I would've been happier with the scenario you just proposed than seeing a Replicator claiming to be Weir spacing herself and leaving no conclusive evidence to prove whether or not she was the real Weir. Your idea holds more hope than what we ended up with.
              The trouble is that most of the ideas involving Weir in s4 would've meant a complete rewrite of the season, so I can see why they avoided it. A pity, because there were some good ideas floating around at the time on the net, as I'm sure there would have been in the writers room. For whatever reason, they chose to go in the other direction

Happy Birthday, ShipperWriter!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]31938[/ATTACH]
              Happy belated birthday too!

Just checking in after a draining night taking my elderly people out for dinner with my brother's family. My mother just couldn't understand how I'd gone into a gas station and gotten money. I tried to explain an ATM but she just didn't get it. Eventually I said I robbed the gas station.
              Ah. This is a stick up. Give me all of my money.

All very good questions. The whale thing was a huge headdesk for me. I know RCC wrote it, but were none of the others brave enough to say "hey, Rob, there was this episode called Echoes where Rodney was treating his whale like a pet, so he wouldn't be afraid of them"?
              Rob is like a multiplier IMO. With him, a good episode is awesome, whilst a bad one can be terrible.

Yes, you are. Out of us CMO's, you're the only young female which gives you immunity because you can be shipped with Rodney.... (the downside is, you have to be shipped with Rodney)

Hope you feel better soon!!!
              And if we're still sticking with the ST theme, I probably look the closest to Phlox. Dammit, I can't catch a break lately

I'm not sure of the AF equivalent, but in TOS (I'm sketchy here coz I've only watched a handful of them) I think a Commodore was in charge of a handful of vessels as well as his (what, it was ST in the 60's) own.

[/B]

Spoiler:
              You remind me of the girls in this country who went nuts after one of our All Blacks had a wardrobe malfunction during the World Cup debut match.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Didn't Chris Pike eventually become a Commodore after he left command of the Enterprise in the original series?
              Possibly. In the movie, he becomes an Admiral.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Dunno about college football, but Ireland beat Australia in the Rugby World Cup during the weekend, heh heh. This tournament has proved quite suprising to date. The opening weekend featured the funniest conversion kick I have ever seen - the bloke from Scotland was mid-swing when the ball fell over (it's an oval shaped ball)
                I don't understand Rugby at all. My professional football team (not soccer, US football), the Oakland Raiders, lost their game in the last 14 seconds. I think I need to switch over to college football. At least those people aren't paid millions of dollars to play poorly. Or perhaps I need to switch over to the team of my actual location. The New England Patriots are actually winning at the moment.

The trouble is that most of the ideas involving Weir in s4 would've meant a complete rewrite of the season, so I can see why they avoided it. A pity, because there were some good ideas floating around at the time on the net, as I'm sure there would have been in the writers room. For whatever reason, they chose to go in the other direction
                Well, the real problem is that certain factions simply wanted to remove Weir so they could replace her with their favorites, even if said favorites didn't really fit.

Rob is like a multiplier IMO. With him, a good episode is awesome, whilst a bad one can be terrible.
                Yeah, that sums it up pretty well. Doppelganger was good in terms of cinematography but the plot had serious issues. And killing Kate was so unnecessary.

You remind me of the girls in this country who went nuts after one of our All Blacks had a wardrobe malfunction during the World Cup debut match.
                *hee* Ok, some wet Torri for ya...

normal_111_theeye_14.jpg

Some Vegas John for us. See, equality!!

normal_519_vegas_11.jpg

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Unfortunately, after serious contemplation, I'm going to leave the Forum for a while. I have a lot of RL things to take care of, and I always escaped in here when life got crazy, but instead of being "vacation", it's turned into another life, and I need to take care of my real RL instead of ignoring it.

I haven't been insulted by anyone, just wanna clear that up, but it's time to "get my head out of the clouds and come back down to Earth."

I'm really glad that I've gotten to know everyone here, and enjoy celebrating the awesomeness that is Sparky!

Bye for now!

*signs off*

Comment

I think there was at least one Commodore in Star Trek. I was under the understanding that the father of that guy who was in the movie (the first movie) was a Commodore. I think his name was Decker or something.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Unfortunately, after serious contemplation, I'm going to leave the Forum for a while. I have a lot of RL things to take care of, and I always escaped in here when life got crazy, but instead of being "vacation", it's turned into another life, and I need to take care of my real RL instead of ignoring it.

I haven't been insulted by anyone, just wanna clear that up, but it's time to "get my head out of the clouds and come back down to Earth."

I'm really glad that I've gotten to know everyone here, and enjoy celebrating the awesomeness that is Sparky!

Bye for now!

*signs off*
                      We'll miss you!! RL definitely has to come first, though. I hope you'll still be around Twitter from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        I think there was at least one Commodore in Star Trek. I was under the understanding that the father of that guy who was in the movie (the first movie) was a Commodore. I think his name was Decker or something.
                        Yeah the decker in star trek the motion picture was named Will Decker and It was clearly established in the novelization of the film that Will Decker was the son of Commodore Matt Decker. (the commodore from the original series.) I'm quoting memory alpha - the star trek wiki.

Comment

I don't understand Rugby at all. My professional football team (not soccer, US football), the Oakland Raiders, lost their game in the last 14 seconds. I think I need to switch over to college football. At least those people aren't paid millions of dollars to play poorly. Or perhaps I need to switch over to the team of my actual location. The New England Patriots are actually winning at the moment.
                          From what I gather, rugby is more complicated than US football, although I'm sure football has its nuances too. Rugby is not as popular worldwide though, and our national team gets a public hanging if they don't do well. I'm a little concerned about this tournament, the All Blacks (that's the name of the team, not a racial slur) don't do well under pressure.

Well, the real problem is that certain factions simply wanted to remove Weir so they could replace her with their favorites, even if said favorites didn't really fit.
                          If they were smart, they could've had both actresses. I watched some behind the scenes stuff for SG-1 the other day where Amanda talked about the ep of SG-1 she'd just directed, and said she would've been really keen to direct some of the SGA eps. They could've quite easily had Carter as a recurring character and had AT as a director, perhaps she may have even stayed with the franchise *shrugs* I've always thought the military/civilian thing didn't work out that well, save for Trinity, where Weir was kinda pushed into a decision with some actual debate about it beforehand.

Yeah, that sums it up pretty well. Doppelganger was good in terms of cinematography but the plot had serious issues. And killing Kate was so unnecessary.
                          They may as well have killed Chuck, or nobody at all.

*hee* Ok, some wet Torri for ya...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31946[/ATTACH]

Some Vegas John for us. See, equality!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31947[/ATTACH]
                          Thank for, I'm all for equality

Bye for now!

*signs off*
                          You'll always be welcome here

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          I thought he had another father, the Holy Father That was a really bad 7th Heaven joke if nobody got it. I think he was a minister or something

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          Yeah the decker in star trek the motion picture was named Will Decker and It was clearly established in the novelization of the film that Will Decker was the son of Commodore Matt Decker. (the commodore from the original series.) I'm quoting memory alpha - the star trek wiki.
                          I see. We have determined exactly five eights of FA about what a Commodore actually does. But I think it's safe to assume that SR can be shipped with John if she's Starfleet and he's Air Force
                          sigpic

Comment

i see. We have determined exactly five eights of fa about what a commodore actually does. But i think it's safe to assume that sr can be shipped with john if she's starfleet and he's air force
                            fa?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              fa?
                              Umm, not much?
                              sigpic

Comment

Bye for now!

*signs off*
                                You'll always be welcome here!!! Hope you are able to get everything in your RL taken care of without too much trouble.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X