Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Good thoughts. Online fans had been begging for an episode for a long time that was about what the expedition did on a day off. There was lots of talk on various threads about how they wanted to see just an ordinary day with no danger that mixed the cast up in various and different combinations to show us who was friends, what sports/interests they had took part in, etc. MG claimed after Sunday that he presented the idea to TPTB and they said you can't do an ep without some sort of danger. Thus the exploding tumors were born. I guess, for them, the death of Carson was just icing on the cake. And we fans learned you won't always like it if you get what you asked for.
    Those scenarios should have been illustrated in different ways eg John & Ronon being paged whilst playing golf, instead of sparring; Carson bugging someone about fishing during a consultation....

It occured to me that that ep would have been an excellent one in which to introduce Keller. The tumour could still have exploded - when Carson was further away, and blowing a hole in the side of the tower - while she was finishing operating on the other guy. She'd then have to patch up Carson. Perhaps his arm is injured to the point where he can't operate again, meaning Keller has to be chief surgeon.

I see where he was going with the 'danger'. When you look a Echoes, another character ep, it has the same scenario - slow building tension over the course of an ep, with a 'bang' at the end. Except the bang in Echoes was the giant Deus Ex Machina of the Deadalus, and to me is the weakest part of the ep.

I liked the gunfight. It was just the setting that was a problem. I kept picturing the team wearing lederhosen.
    In hindsight, it reminds me of the cigar scene. A ripoff of something else, done in a poorer fashing

Again, I think I remember a fanfic like this. Someone else may remember it. I think it's one where John realizes how much Elizabeth goes through when he's late.
    Actually, I think Eri13 has one, although I don't remember the name. Testament? It's a very good read, even a bit of Weir whump.

I have an answer but it would blow the whole forum into another galaxy and I'd be thrown out an airlock. So I'll cheat and say I wish he would kill all those replicators floating in space, snag Franibeth and keep her until she becomes useful.

We haven't talked about New Year's resolutions on this thread, have we? I have just one. And that is to "feed my bliss". In other words, I am deleting things that annoy me, ignoring things I can't change and staying where I know I will find something to make me happy...e.g. this thread. Feeding my bliss also involves speaking my mind unless it will hurt someone's feelings whom I like. So, if you follow me on Twitter, be warned. Openmindedness will be appreciated.
    You have free reign here

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    I wouldn't mind that scenario at all.

Now onto the meme:

Day 4: A character you wish Kolya would kill

I have three candidates - Michael, because I would enjoy an episode where Kolya is forced to join hands with Atlantis, because of something very very bad Michael had done to the Genii (and because Michael had gotten more and more boring, each new time he showed up.); my second candidate would be Oberoth, because he took Elizabeth from us, and the third one would be Lucius, for his sheer stupidity.

At the end, I'd go with Michael.

Spoiler:
    Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships
    Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause
    Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
    Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
    Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
    Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
    Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
    Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
    Day 13: A scene that made you blush
    Day 14: Favorite pairing
    Day 15: Least favorite pairing
    Day 16: Favorite season
    Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
    Day 18: Favorite side character
    Day 19: Most annoying side character
    Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
    Day 21: Best quote
    Day 22: Worst quote
    Day 23: Saddest character death
    Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
    Day 25: Favorite kiss
    Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
    Day 27: Funniest screen cap
    Day 28: Favorite enemy
    Day 29: Least favorite enemy
    Day 30: One thing you would change
    Day 31: How it should have ended
    Michael is a good one. Presumably it would require an arc over a few eps. Kolya would presumably be doing it because Michael has been killing Genii, and his death would elevate Kolya's standing within the Genii.
    sigpic

Comment

My New Year's resolutions:
      - To stay honest and ambitious (even if my last boss thinks there are flaws)
      - Try to be more calm. My friends and family can't fallow me.
      - Try to not kill my dad (especially now that he gave me his cold)
      - And laugh and laugh and laugh.

The first and last ones are not a big change in my life but I hope I will succeed fot the third one.lol
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Indeed you are and you do a great job of ignoring the parts you disagree with. LOL
        You're like my fandom big sister - and I'm not ignoring, I'm letting you have an opinion of your won. That, and I respect that you know about some things more than I do. *hugs you*
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Day 4: Which Character You Wish Kolya Would Kill?

Well I know this will sound a bit odd, but maybe Simon Wallace, this is though if Kolya somehow made it to earth or if Simon wound up some how comming on Atlantis afterall. This is because Kolya seems to like to pick on Sparky specfically and I could see him going after someone Elizabeth loved for dramatic lisence (Cant spell). It could have been an interesting plot.

PS HAPPY BDAY JOE AND PAUL!
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            You're like my fandom big sister - and I'm not ignoring, I'm letting you have an opinion of your won. That, and I respect that you know about some things more than I do. *hugs you*
            *snort* Thanks for calling me big sister and not the "M" word. LOL

And OMG! TheLadyMore, you read my mind. Happy birthday to both Joe and Paul. I hope all your wishes come true. And I hope Joe is wishing for a new series.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And OMG! TheLadyMore, you read my mind. Happy birthday to both Joe and Paul. I hope all your wishes come true. And I hope Joe is wishing for a new series.
              And on which part my answer or the happy bday?

And maybe Joe could get a part of a comic book hero....that would be EPIC!
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

D'OH!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE, PAUL and our very own FALCON HORUS!!!!

Comment

Nah, you already have one fandom daughter. And I just need a big sis to stand up for me from time to time. *madhugs*

Comment

Anuna: You're my aunt. I love my new family!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FALCON!!!!!!
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Happy birthday to Joe, Paul, Falcon Horus, and Anuna tomorrow, I think
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                        And on which part my answer or the happy bday?

And maybe Joe could get a part of a comic book hero....that would be EPIC!
                        The happy birthday. I had just remembered.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        Anuna: You're my aunt. I love my new family!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FALCON!!!!!!
                        This family is certainly growing.

Happy Birthday FH!
                        sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BDAY FH!

I should be the wacky cousin in this family!
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy First Screw the Angst Wednesday of 2011, and a very Happy Birthday to Joe, Paul, and our darling Falcon Horus!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Thank goodness. That means she'll be around for the next twenty years, and even survive the AU timeline reset. Phew.
                            LMAO!

Not for SGARising but I think there are quite a few fanfics like that. Someone may have one bookmarked. I guess you could count The Last Man as sort of like this. We got to see one possible future and it wasn't very pretty.
                            Speaking of The Last Man, I'm rather keen to explore more of the possibilities proposed in that possible future. We saw a few things that happened in TLM also happen in the main timeline (Carter getting command of the Phoenix General Hammond, Woolsey taking command of Atlantis, and McKay and Keller getting together), and sure, the first two may have happened because Amanda Tapping decided not to come back for S5, but they were verrrry interesting coincidences. Keller even made note of it in The Seed, but after that, the issue seemed to vanish. I'd certainly like to play with it some more.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh! Happy Birthday to Falcon Horus & Joe & Paul! Hope they have a fantastic day!
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                                HAPPY BDAY FH!

I should be the wacky cousin in this family!
                                You can be the wacky cousin. Now we need a crazy aunt we keep in the attic. And that weird uncle who does magic tricks and gives noogies.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy First Screw the Angst Wednesday of 2011, and a very Happy Birthday to Joe, Paul, and our darling Falcon Horus!

LMAO!

Speaking of The Last Man, I'm rather keen to explore more of the possibilities proposed in that possible future. We saw a few things that happened in TLM also happen in the main timeline (Carter getting command of the Phoenix General Hammond, Woolsey taking command of Atlantis, and McKay and Keller getting together), and sure, the first two may have happened because Amanda Tapping decided not to come back for S5, but they were verrrry interesting coincidences. Keller even made note of it in The Seed, but after that, the issue seemed to vanish. I'd certainly like to play with it some more.
                                I always wished they would do more with that also. And who knows if they wouldn't have in S6? I think they might have been setting up the Keller/Hoffan virus scenario with McKeller but I doubt they would have gotten rid of her. They would probably have Carson find a cure. I noticed in TLM that Carson was never mentioned which since they had just found him was a definite oversight.

But if John and Teyla were still around, Ronon wouldn't want to leave so that takes that scenario out of the equation.

They definitely had more continuity with that ep than any other I remember. All through S5 John was giving McKeller little looks that made me think he was remembering TLM. Not that he was jealous like some think. LOL One big thing they dropped the ball on though was Michael's obsession with Torren. We never found out what that was all about. Maybe Kanaan knows. Hmm?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X