• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    You and me both.
    *snerks*

Heck, even Elizabeth sacrificing herself in Lifeline served to further the plot. It was still utterly sucktastic, but at least it was consistent with her devotion to duty and putting Atlantis first.
    The preview I'd read for FS was, among other things, Dr Weir goes to desperate lengths to save the city. To me, that promo said she was going to die in that ep *scratches head* I assumed there was going to be some sort of danger in a particular room (prob the ZPM room) where she stayed to push a button. I didn't think a window would explode in her face

Yes, her death did further the plot. Not her plot though (if that makes sense)

*snorts*
    Precisely
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      The preview I'd read for FS was, among other things, Dr Weir goes to desperate lengths to save the city. To me, that promo said she was going to die in that ep *scratches head* I assumed there was going to be some sort of danger in a particular room (prob the ZPM room) where she stayed to push a button. I didn't think a window would explode in her face

Yes, her death did further the plot. Not her plot though (if that makes sense)
      Any way you look at it, she pulled a Spock.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Any way you look at it, she pulled a Spock.
        Thank goodness. That means she'll be around for the next twenty years, and even survive the AU timeline reset. Phew.
        sigpic

Comment

well speaking of 20 years. you guys ever thought about doing a "what if" episode? set in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            well speaking of 20 years. you guys ever thought about doing a "what if" episode? set in the future?
            I've always wanted to see an ep where either John or Rodney is either delayed, or injured, so have to sit out a mission. The team (with their 'fill in') is delayed (not because they weren't there, just a 'standard' SGA mission) and it is pointed out to John/Rodney that what they are experiencing is what everyone else experiences whilst they are late. But that could happen after John is promoted, or never, it would depend on the story obviously. What? Me write it? Surely you jest I just come up with the insane ideas
            sigpic

Comment

omg, i soooo agree with shipperwriter all the way XD
              i gotta start this thing too now. me like it

Spoiler:
              30+1 Days of SGA

Day 1: Your favorite character
              Day 2: Your favorite episode
              Day 3: An episode you hate
              Day 4: A character you wish Kolya would kill
              Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships
              Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause
              Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
              Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
              Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
              Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
              Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
              Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
              Day 13: A scene that made you blush
              Day 14: Favorite pairing
              Day 15: Least favorite pairing
              Day 16: Favorite season
              Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
              Day 18: Favorite side character
              Day 19: Most annoying side character
              Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
              Day 21: Best quote
              Day 22: Worst quote
              Day 23: Saddest character death
              Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
              Day 25: Favorite kiss
              Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
              Day 27: Funniest screen cap
              Day 28: Favorite enemy
              Day 29: Least favorite enemy
              Day 30: One thing you would change
              Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 1: Your favorite character
              Weir
              Well, what shall i say... we all love her XD
              she's cute, she's very smart, she's quite pretty, she's single - so she is all for shep *hrhr*, she's a FEMALE leader (not that i'm a feminist or something, but i cant stand those stuck-up military guys), she's doing what she thinks is best & she's actually contributing something to the show (in comparison to characters like teyla who just follow shep and do nowthing)

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                No really

God I want to pet that hair!
                not you just XD

Comment

I'm coming dangerously close to actually doing this meme

Sunday was a strange ep. I thought I wanted it (a character based ep) but when I got it, it turned out it actually wasn't. Sounds like every arguement I've ever had with women, except in reverse No? Okay, fine

They did a good job of dialling up the tension. By the time they had the scene in Weir's office, I was really nervous because I could see what was going to happen (also, I agreed with her - this is insane). Usually you can spot a character death in Stargate a mile away, because that character gets a lot of focus prior to it. Take Janet's death in Heroes. I had zero spoilers for SG1 prior to s10, so there was no way for me to know she was going to meet her maker. But she had so much screen time (in a way that really made you appreciate her) in Heroes I that I got a sinking feeling, which was confirmed as soon as I saw Carter in tears in Heroes II.

So while I 'liked' the ep, I think it illustrates an inherent flaw in the writing of the show (if we are to take what they say at face value). MG gets half way through it, then realises that Carson has to die? What? A regular? It's no wonder they can't write an arc if the end result of a standalone ep is that a regular cast member is written out (in the second worst possible way - death dream claims the title) on a whim, instead of rewriting the ep. It's another indictment that they needed an entire character based ep, instead of incorporating small moments in other eps *shakes fist*

That ended up by being quite OT
                  Good thoughts. Online fans had been begging for an episode for a long time that was about what the expedition did on a day off. There was lots of talk on various threads about how they wanted to see just an ordinary day with no danger that mixed the cast up in various and different combinations to show us who was friends, what sports/interests they had took part in, etc. MG claimed after Sunday that he presented the idea to TPTB and they said you can't do an ep without some sort of danger. Thus the exploding tumors were born. I guess, for them, the death of Carson was just icing on the cake. And we fans learned you won't always like it if you get what you asked for.

Irresponsible was so boring I fell asleep during it and didn't bother to watch the end. It wasn't until I looked online afterwards (note that I didn't bother to rewatch the dvd) that I realised Kolya was even in it On second viewing, some good team moments, but Koyla deserved a seperate ep.
                  I liked the gunfight. It was just the setting that was a problem. I kept picturing the team wearing lederhosen.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  Not for SGARising but I think there are quite a few fanfics like that. Someone may have one bookmarked. I guess you could count The Last Man as sort of like this. We got to see one possible future and it wasn't very pretty.

I've always wanted to see an ep where either John or Rodney is either delayed, or injured, so have to sit out a mission. The team (with their 'fill in') is delayed (not because they weren't there, just a 'standard' SGA mission) and it is pointed out to John/Rodney that what they are experiencing is what everyone else experiences whilst they are late. But that could happen after John is promoted, or never, it would depend on the story obviously. What? Me write it? Surely you jest I just come up with the insane ideas
                  Again, I think I remember a fanfic like this. Someone else may remember it. I think it's one where John realizes how much Elizabeth goes through when he's late.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:

I have no idea. For some drama, I will say Elizabeth (but the breath of life will resurrect her....I'm watching too much LOTS lol).
                    No I don't have an answer for this one.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      Spoiler:

I have no idea. For some drama, I will say Elizabeth (but the breath of life will resurrect her....I'm watching too much LOTS lol).
                      No I don't have an answer for this one.
                      I have an answer but it would blow the whole forum into another galaxy and I'd be thrown out an airlock. So I'll cheat and say I wish he would kill all those replicators floating in space, snag Franibeth and keep her until she becomes useful.

We haven't talked about New Year's resolutions on this thread, have we? I have just one. And that is to "feed my bliss". In other words, I am deleting things that annoy me, ignoring things I can't change and staying where I know I will find something to make me happy...e.g. this thread. Feeding my bliss also involves speaking my mind unless it will hurt someone's feelings whom I like. So, if you follow me on Twitter, be warned. Openmindedness will be appreciated.
                      sigpic

Comment

That sounds like a very tempting prompt! I don't mind you coming up with ideas!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

i can't think of anybody. cause if i pick someone that someone likes then i'm going to get my six chewed out so i respectfully pass on this question.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            I have an answer but it would blow the whole forum into another galaxy and I'd be thrown out an airlock. So I'll cheat and say I wish he would kill all those replicators floating in space, snag Franibeth and keep her until she becomes useful.

We haven't talked about New Year's resolutions on this thread, have we? I have just one. And that is to "feed my bliss". In other words, I am deleting things that annoy me, ignoring things I can't change and staying where I know I will find something to make me happy...e.g. this thread. Feeding my bliss also involves speaking my mind unless it will hurt someone's feelings whom I like. So, if you follow me on Twitter, be warned. Openmindedness will be appreciated.
                            Hey you, I am definitely following you on Twitter and I think I am openminded enough Must answer that super interesting PM you've sent me.

i also have just one New Years decision and that is to read at least one book a month.

Comment

Thank goodness. That means she'll be around for the next twenty years, and even survive the AU timeline reset. Phew.
                              I wouldn't mind that scenario at all.

Now onto the meme:

I have three candidates - Michael, because I would enjoy an episode where Kolya is forced to join hands with Atlantis, because of something very very bad Michael had done to the Genii (and because Michael had gotten more and more boring, each new time he showed up.); my second candidate would be Oberoth, because he took Elizabeth from us, and the third one would be Lucius, for his sheer stupidity.

At the end, I'd go with Michael.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Hey you, I am definitely following you on Twitter and I think I am openminded enough Must answer that super interesting PM you've sent me.

i also have just one New Years decision and that is to read at least one book a month.
                                Indeed you are and you do a great job of ignoring the parts you disagree with. LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X