Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Sounds good to me. I also like Anuna's suggestion of including a picture of each character. Make it up to look like an actual personnel profile in the expedition database, so it'll have basic stats like name, age, birthdate, birthplace along with a short bio. Stuff like that.
    I can take care of the pictures and of the look of the profile, but who'd volunteer to write it all?

Definitely agree with that; we don't want to tip our hand about upcoming character appearances. Also, will we be doing profiles for guest characters, like Nancy or Mayel?
    I was thinking yes. But of course they wouldn't have to be as elaborate as our main cast.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      If guest characters don't have an actual actor/actress yet, you have to cast someone... if you're up for that... then why not.
      I know that a while back we were trying to look for actresses who were fit for the role and fit for the profile, but I forgot if we actually came up with someone.

Sig by me

Comment

If guest characters don't have an actual actor/actress yet, you have to cast someone... if you're up for that... then why not.
        Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        I know that a while back we were trying to look for actresses who were fit for the role and fit for the profile, but I forgot if we actually came up with someone.
        I think we did have a couple of contenders for Mayel... In a related question, did we come up with a surname for Mayel? I could swear that we had, but I can't find it in my notes (and I need it for RtP). Ack!

I can take care of the pictures and of the look of the profile, but who'd volunteer to write it all?
        I could, I suppose.

I was thinking yes. But of course they wouldn't have to be as elaborate as our main cast.
        True, dat. I was thinking that, for the first episode, we'd have our main cast (Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, Ronon, Woolsey, Keller and Beckett) listed along with major recurring characters (like Lorne, Zelenka and Kanaan). And we'd bring in key guest cast (Nancy, Mayel, anyone from Stargate Command or the IOA that pop up, like O'Neill, Landry or Shen) as needed.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

In what kind of format do you want it?

I could give it a shot... I haven't done much for Rising yet, other than advice on continuity here and there.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

True, dat. I was thinking that, for the first episode, we'd have our main cast (Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, Ronon, Woolsey, Keller and Beckett) listed along with major recurring characters (like Lorne, Zelenka and Kanaan). And we'd bring in key guest cast (Nancy, Mayel, anyone from Stargate Command or the IOA that pop up, like O'Neill, Landry or Shen) as needed.
            Good plan. In the meantime I'll think about how to link it to the ep most easily and without having to make too many pages (I'm a lazy webmaster )

In what kind of format do you want it?

I could give it a shot... I haven't done much for Rising yet, other than advice on continuity here and there.
            Format doesn't really matter. Just a txt is fine, it's easiest to c&p it to the website.

Sig by me

Comment

Format doesn't really matter. Just a txt is fine, it's easiest to c&p it to the website.
              K. I'll give it a try.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

K. I'll give it a try.
                Cool!!

Sig by me

Comment

If anyone wants to use the sgarising address to email from, let me know, add it to your 'send from' address list and then I can approve it. If you need the password to add it, let me know too and I'll send it to you. That way when I forward an email to someone or put someone in BCC, you can reply to the person without using your actual email address.

In the meantime, I have someone volunteering to help out with graphic stuff. I BCC'ed my reply to SK and told the girl (woman) that we are still looking for people to help out with the concept art and asked her to send us some links to her work.

Sig by me

Comment

Wow. You've been busy while I was away!!! Two full pages in 10 hours!

If you need any extra help typing out bios, I'd like to volunteer. With what little spare time I have, but still, let me know!

Squeeeeeeeee!!!

Whoa. Still can't believe it!

Comment

Well I Just been catching up on what I miss these past couple of days. Was really shocked and amazed at the same time that Joe F was promoting SGA Rising at the con. I guess he wants to see what you guys can do so kudos to you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        OMGOMGOGM! I just read a tweet from the Swedish con that Joe was promoting SGARising.

We need to confirm this. ASAP.
                        Wow. Just WOW. This is amazing! First Torri, now Joe.

I need to sign up for Twitter... *makes note*
                        sigpic
                        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

A little free advertising from Da Man himself, and the power of Twitter. It's a beautiful thing.
                          That it is!!!
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Oh, WOW!!!! This news about Joe and SGA Rising is AMAZING!!!!! SQUEEEEEE!!

I so need to get to work on my first ep! SK and Eri, could you send me a PM with the final status of the Athosians and their relationship with Atlantis/Teyla by the end of the first episodes? That would be wonderfully helpful.

Also, I'm more than willing to help do a bit of concept art should the need arise (although it's very cool that Kris has found someone outside ).

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a long time now. But I wanted to come out of lurkdom to congratulate you guys on the SGA Rising stuff. I was squeeling for you all! Can't wait to read it!!
                            Hi! Welcome to the Sparky thread!

I think we did have a couple of contenders for Mayel... In a related question, did we come up with a surname for Mayel? I could swear that we had, but I can't find it in my notes (and I need it for RtP). Ack!
                            I don't remember anything about a last name, just the Great Vote over her first. I vaguely remember talking about actresses, but I don't remember anything clearly. Ah! All the discussion and brainstorming seems so long ago!

Also, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

And squee Kris over getting War and Peace (love the pics! )!
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              If you need any extra help typing out bios, I'd like to volunteer. With what little spare time I have, but still, let me know!
                              Everyone who wants to help with the bios, let Falcon Horus know. I'm making her responsible for this! If she doesn't mind to be responsible for this, that is.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                              Yup, you really need so sign up for Twitter
                              Twitter is fun!!!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              Also, I'm more than willing to help do a bit of concept art should the need arise (although it's very cool that Kris has found someone outside ).
                              Cool!! We'll need to discuss what needs to happen per episode. Clothes, weapons, cities or buildings, anything that the original concept team did really.
                              So writers, if you want to see something done. Let us know. We really should start making teams. FH can head the bio team. Does SR head the writers team or is she responsible for keeping an eye on everything with being showrunner? Then maybe SK can be heading the writers team. I'm heading the website team... although it's not much of a team . And then we need someone to head the concept art team. This would also make it easier for me to know who to contact when I get a question about something specific.

And she volunteered. The contact page really does help

I don't remember anything about a last name, just the Great Vote over her first. I vaguely remember talking about actresses, but I don't remember anything clearly. Ah! All the discussion and brainstorming seems so long ago!
                              That means we should brainstorm over this again!

And squee Kris over getting War and Peace (love the pics! )!
                              IKR!!!! I just can't stop staring at it

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                Well I Just been catching up on what I miss these past couple of days. Was really shocked and amazed at the same time that Joe F was promoting SGA Rising at the con. I guess he wants to see what you guys can do so kudos to you guys.
                                When you word it like that I get nervous. LOL We can't disappoint him. But he doesn't know yet that we are granting his request from earlier in the year.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                                Wow. Just WOW. This is amazing! First Torri, now Joe.

Actually various members of the SGARising team have been talking to Joe for the last year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't SK first mention it to him last fall ('09) at the LA con? Or was Kris's talk with him at FedCon the first? Anyway, he expressed interest right from the start and said he thought it was a worthwhile endeavor and we should do it. He even joked about us needing $100million to start and we just went wild on here. We must have made an impression because he hasn't forgotten us and is now telling others. So SGARising FTW! Someone on Twitter said he admires our initiative. Score! We haz the Flan vote!

Everyone who wants to help with the bios, let Falcon Horus know. I'm making her responsible for this! If she doesn't mind to be responsible for this, that is.

Yup, you really need so sign up for Twitter
                                Twitter is fun!!!

Cool!! We'll need to discuss what needs to happen per episode. Clothes, weapons, cities or buildings, anything that the original concept team did really.
                                So writers, if you want to see something done. Let us know. We really should start making teams. FH can head the bio team. Does SR head the writers team or is she responsible for keeping an eye on everything with being showrunner? Then maybe SK can be heading the writers team. I'm heading the website team... although it's not much of a team . And then we need someone to head the concept art team. This would also make it easier for me to know who to contact when I get a question about something specific.

And she volunteered. The contact page really does help

That means we should brainstorm over this again!

IKR!!!! I just can't stop staring at it
                                I just keep an eye on everything which means that I organize the overall plan and try to keep everyone informed and part of the action. Eri has done most of the work on the community I think with much help from SK. Now that we are getting close to the roll out, we need to talk among ourselves to get everything nailed down before we go further. All the new eyes on the project need something to bring them back so we have to be very careful and try to get across that we are not appealing to just one corner of fandom in spite of who we are and in what thread we hang out.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X