Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Guys, since my life turned freakin' insane lately - I want you to know that I'm around, just busy, and that I'll be able to talk/chat in the weekend -- I'll be all yours!

PROBIE, I don't even have the words to say to describe how excited I am. Thank you SO MUCH. You're amazing. I'm glad you're here, I'm glad you had such awesome time.

Guys, I am heading for bed now - catch up with you tomorrow, and if you need me to do writing, send me a PM, e mail, whatever. Like I said, I'll be free on the weekend. LET'S DO THIS!!!!
    *huggles Anuna*

Nighty-night, pleasant Sparky dreams, and we'll be here to chat whenever you've got some free time! ZOMG, we're gonna have so much fun!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I have a strange effect on him.lol
    Hee! I think we all have a strange effect on him.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Personally, as I'm writing her I'm thinking of Gemma Arterton:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2605345/
      I like her too
      Damn it, now I'm confused

Comment

Me when I talking to Joe about the cards. You can see his strange face and my hand with the cards.lol

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview...353&u=14452711
        HeeHee!!!

That is awesomeness with a big honkin' cherry on top!

Comment

Alert for those in the US: SyFy is rerunning Season 3's 'Sateda' right now! Great episode for some of that awesome classic SGA team action! And of course, hearing McKay squealing like a girl after he gets shot in the butt with an arrow.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
          I like her too
          Damn it, now I'm confused
          Me too!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          HeeHee!!!

That is awesomeness with a big honkin' cherry on top!
          And don't forget the whipped cream!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Me when I talking to Joe about the cards. You can see his strange face and my hand with the cards.lol

Haha! That is priceless!

Ahh on the actress for Mayel! I like both Amy and Gemma too! However I had already started this before Eri brought up Gemma, so oh well.
            I'm pretty sure it's safe to post since I didn't put anybody's head on anybody else's body, just drew different clothes over a pic. Anyway, here's one possibility. Amy Adams as Mayel...

I went with the original outfit I had designed, just because.
            Spoiler:

sigpic
            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              I think we'd initially discussed having the girl who played Torri's double be an inspiration for the part.

Personally, as I'm writing her I'm thinking of Gemma Arterton:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2605345/

http://www.topnews.in/gemma-arterton...g-eyes-2104672

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/gallery/gemma-photo/

Don't ask me why--she just popped into my head and there was Mayel. But that's just what works for me--as I'm not describing features on her to allow imagination a little room, other than, perhaps, the dark red hair--it's not really going to matter in the end who everyone agrees on.
              She's cute but too young. I still like Amy Adams best.

Such a Joe expression. Like "what am I supposed to do with all those?" LOL But he figured it out. Good for him.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Kristen Dalton's the actress that always comes to mind first when I think of red headed actresses. She's 44. But she may not be the type you're looking for I don't know. I have nothing to urge either way - as one of your resident lurkers I'm just throwing it out there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot, she's also played on Stargate before - she played the human goa'uld hybrid in Resurrection. I confess I don't remember that episode very well though. Here's a pic.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0198306/
                http://www.kristendalton.com/

Well, and there's Amanda Righetti from The Mentalist, but she may be a little young - 27 I think.
                Last edited by Killdeer; 30 November 2010, 05:48 PM.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                  Ahh on the actress for Mayel! I like both Amy and Gemma too! However I had already started this before Eri brought up Gemma, so oh well.
                  I'm pretty sure it's safe to post since I didn't put anybody's head on anybody else's body, just drew different clothes over a pic. Anyway, here's one possibility. Amy Adams as Mayel...

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...sMayelcopy.jpg
                  Sweet! I am so snerching that pic!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  She's cute but too young. I still like Amy Adams best.
                  Hmm, that's a good point, Gemma does look a little young in some of the shots I've seen. The casting sides for "Rising" said that Sheppard was supposed to be around 35-40, and Joe Flanigan was 37 at the time, so I've been picturing Mayel to be just about that age, maybe 3-4 years younger at the most.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  Kristen Dalton's the actress that always comes to mind first when I think of red headed actresses. She's 44. But she may not be the type you're looking for I don't know. I have nothing to urge either way - as one of your resident lurkers I'm just throwing it out there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot, she's also played on Stargate before - she played the human goa'uld hybrid in Resurrection. I confess I don't remember that episode very well though. Here's a pic.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0198306/
                  http://www.kristendalton.com/

Well, and there's Amanda Righetti from The Mentalist, but she may be a little young - 27 I think.
                  Oooh, Dalton's definitely around the right age, though I'm kind of leaning away from picking someone who's been on Stargate before; let's not forget the endless Narim/Simon jokes. At least Narim had better hair than Simon's in "The Intruder."

Righetti might do; she looks a bit more mature than Arterton, and if we want to make Mayel a bit younger than Sheppard, I think she'd be a good choice.

But I'm still sticking with Amy Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Oooh, Dalton's definitely around the right age, though I'm kind of leaning away from picking someone who's been on Stargate before; let's not forget the endless Narim/Simon jokes. At least Narim had better hair than Simon's in "The Intruder."
                    LOL, true. The Narim/Simon thing always bugged me. Although it can work though - Paul McGillion played Ernest Littlefield on SG-1 before becoming better known as Carson Beckett in SGA. But again I stress I'm not urging anything - just throwing out options.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL, true. The Narim/Simon thing always bugged me. Although it can work though - Paul McGillion played Ernest Littlefield on SG-1 before becoming better known as Carson Beckett in SGA. But again I stress I'm not urging anything - just throwing out options.
                      Heh, that's true about McGillion; of course, a lot more time had passed between his one appearance as Littlefield and when he was cast as Carson than between the last of Narim's three appearances and Garwin Sanford being cast as Simon, so... absence and the heart growing fonder, or something like that.

Comment

Or the memory growing dimmer.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        sigpic

Comment

Or the memory growing dimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

But I'm still sticking with Amy Adams.
                            You just had to mention Simon's hair before my bedtime!

I love Amy Adams so would totally vote for her, but just for fun here's a few more: Kate Winslet, Gillian Anderson, Debra Messing. Not sure any of them really fit though. The actress I would love to use is Catherine Bell, but the one look I don't really like on her is red hair! Hmm, maybe I'll find another part for her in my episode.

And Probie, you ROCK, girlfriend!!!! What a great convention you had!
                            sigpic
                            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              Haha! That is priceless!

Spoiler:

Ooh, awesome picture! Yep, Amy Adams has my vote too. Just as long as John doesn't fall too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                                You just had to mention Simon's hair before my bedtime!
                                Hahahaha!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                                I love Amy Adams so would totally vote for her, but just for fun here's a few more: Kate Winslet, Gillian Anderson, Debra Messing. Not sure any of them really fit though. The actress I would love to use is Catherine Bell, but the one look I don't really like on her is red hair! Hmm, maybe I'll find another part for her in my episode.

And Probie, you ROCK, girlfriend!!!! What a great convention you had!
                                Catherine Bell! Oh, she'd be wonderful in any role! Hmm, she would've made a good Nancy, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X