No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What episode in season 6 are u going to promote John?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      What episode in season 6 are u going to promote John?
      I believe that will be #17, "Gravity."
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I believe that will be #17, "Gravity."
        When are u guys actually going to start "Airing" the episodes?

Comment

We haven't set a date yet. I'm hoping it'll be early next year.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, finally home from work!

Dang. I missed some good stuff!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Yes, they could be having a candlelight dinner, she could comment on how she forgives him for all that went wrong in their marriage, he says "forgive me? ME?!", then his shirt starts to turn red, and he wakes up in a pile of blood, saying "#@$%*!^, not AGAIN, dammit!!" Or they could be having conversation about how the expedition is going, whichever suits the plot better
            *cackles* Oh, John would just LOVE that last idea ...

But if you're talking containment, try this info on the Prometheus (I couldn't find one that had a crew compliment for the Deadalus, but I assume there is one). It had 115 people. The other five 304's are larger, so presumably have more crew (or the same, they are more advanced). That's over five hundred people that just disappeared from Earth, plus all the teams that are based on Atlantis. Not to mention the ones that are still on Earth, operating out of the SGC. Five Colonels command the ships, plus the mid range officers that are in charge of SG teams. That's a lot of personel 'missing', I'm sure a General wouldn't be missed. After all, apparently nobody on Earth has questioned where all these civilians have disappeared to.
            People would just blame it on the aliens. Nobody would know how close they really were.

But as I said, it's academic anyway, as a Lt Colonel is what we have. And presumably, there aren't many high ranking officers there, besides Sheppard and Lorne. His previous 2IC was Lt Ford.
            True. So I'm wondering, if Major Sheppard hadn't been handpicked at the last minute, would Lt. Ford still have been Sumner's 2IC? Or did somebody get kicked out to make room for John? Because Lorne transferred over from the SGC and became the 2IC on Atlantis, beginning of Season 2, correct, I think? I could be wrong. It's been hours since I've had coffee.

And it's not even a very good one of the hair either, he has a fuller perm in other ones I've seen
            It's worse? I don't even wanna see it ...

Little bit offensive though
            I didn't really read the whole thing, and when I did I went oops ... I mainly meant Elizabeth FTW bcuz she's picking on his hair ... cuz she doesn't do that with John. Cuz his hair is hot and doesn't look like he just tried out for Shakespeare Summer Camp.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Yeah, all those promotions in a 10 year period were way too close together, especially at such high levels. Anything beyond captain can take at least 5-7 years in between. And the jump between Colonel and General can take decades.

Or they dream about what beautiful children they could have had with that other person. Or is that just the delusional fans again? I get confused.
            *smirks*

Usually the Generals stay behind the lines and run things. I know with Afghanistan and Iraq the Generals are holed up in various command centers, usually the Pentagon and CENTCOM in Tampa, Florida. They occasionally visit the war zones but don't work from there. I think Atlantis would be considered too dangerous a place for the big brass.
            Yep. Except if it's Jack O'Neill. That man survives anything!!!

That's always been a bit hazy. I think the pilots are USAF and the security force is Marines. Sunday is a good guide because they are in uniform. Plus you can see the duty uniforms in all the other eps. Lorne is always dressed similar to John.
            But not as good looking.

Good reasoning. Also this being SciFi anything is possible and in reality a program like this would be outside the usual parameters so anything is possible. Plus there is that pesky artistic license thingy.
            ... Which is the reason why Elizabeth didn't die and is still alive and kicking in our universe ... riiiiight???

And finally did anyone else hear about this? Joe's new movie
            Nuh-uh. *goes to check it out*

Since we're talking about rank I know John will get promoted to Full Bird Colonel but can you imagine him pulling an O'Neill and accepting a Promotion to General and if so where do u think he would be stationed? SGC, The Pentagon (At Homeworld Command) or Atlantis?
            I think that eventually, when John has grey and gets promoted to General, he'd find a way to stay on Atlantis. Of course, in my perfect universe, Atlantis would become the SGC of sorts for the Pegasus Galaxy, he'd be running the military contigent and Elizabeth would still be in her office, polishing the butt mark that General Sheppard still leaves on her desk. *cackles*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Hm, not right now, I think. Not that he'd make a bad General, I think it's too early to push him that far and essentially put him behind a desk. I can imagine a nostalgic, grayish haired John who had been through everything and had seen all that there is to see, and perhaps has a bad leg and needs a cane to walk (*hides from SR*), I think only that John would be content, if not happy, behind a General's desk.
            *Shippy grabs a spork for gently prod Anuna*

I'm in charge for John - episode in the second half of the season, where we did decide to promote him and I'm looking forward to explore what the promotion to Full Bird colonel means to John. It's going to be a promotion that he, pretty much, earned on his own - not that he didn't earn the promotion into Colonel in the first place, he did, but bigwigs didn't even consider giving it to him - that was my impression at least. I think Elizabeth served as a mediator of sorts, she made the big military heads take a look at John from essentially different perspective. I doubt she would ever stick up for him and place a demand she did, if she a) didn't trust him and b) didn't know he very much earned his promotion. But this time Elizabeth hasn't been there to make the river bend, so to speak, and this new promotion comes as something John had earned all of his own. I think it will be interesting to take a look into his head at the moment when everything he's been doing receives an official acknowledgment of sorts.
            I had something to add here ... and forgot while I was typing. I'll come back to this. But I agree completely!!!

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I, however, have been quite busy. Unfortunately, none of that busyness is Stargate-related. Oh drat.

Well, I know that Mayel and Nancy will be having a discussion/confrontation of sorts in our season opener, when Mayel is trying to get Earth to agree to let Atlantis return to the Pegasus Galaxy.
            Just as long as it doesn't consist of "he's mine!" "No, he's mine!" "Mine!" "Mine!" Just kidding, eagerly awaiting it!!!

*cackles* I did! Looks like just the sort of crazy story that Joe loves!
            Okay. I've really gotta go check it out. After this is done.

On the jumpers, I always figured that the Replicators simply built them to Ancient specifications (including the ATA gene programming) because that was all they knew (and at the time, they were not capable of rewriting their own code). But since the Replicators themselves were also Ancient technology, they could use any ATA-dependent technology just like syncing up a Bluetooth headset to a cellphone.
            *has a heart attack because SK just compared Ancient tech to Bluetooth*

What is this world coming to?!?!?!?! Heh. Ooh, too funny. But thanks, the fic bunnies just took an idea from reading this and tossed it into a story of mine ...

It'll be very interesting! And it's going to be a great turning point for his character moving forward into Season 7.

What, you mean like some stereotypical 'bash the debauched rich man' storyline?
            As long as Elizabeth is there to take care of him, bash him all you like.

When are u guys actually going to start "Airing" the episodes?
            Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh???
            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 22 November 2010, 06:42 AM.

Comment

And finally did anyone else hear about this? Joe's new movie
              Is he supposed to be playing a British character???

*falls over laughing*

Well, in any case, I love these kind of movies!!! Especially with the Flan in it!!!

Comment

Okay, a few Sparky pics I messed around with on my iPod:

And a little advertising for "Of Detectives and Doctors":

Okay, this girl needs to get some reacquainted with sleep.

Night!

PS -- and the sad thing is, that last sentence? Not intentional.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  True. So I'm wondering, if Major Sheppard hadn't been handpicked at the last minute, would Lt. Ford still have been Sumner's 2IC? Or did somebody get kicked out to make room for John? Because Lorne transferred over from the SGC and became the 2IC on Atlantis, beginning of Season 2, correct, I think? I could be wrong. It's been hours since I've had coffee.
                  I don't think it was ever explicitly spelled out, but the impression I got from Rising and the, ahem, 'discussion' about Sheppard's promotion in The Intruder was that Ford was technically Sumner's 2IC. Sheppard, though he was a higher rank than Ford, was really along for the ride in more of a 'consultant' role; he was there to be a light switch for the scientists. But when Sumner died, military protocol being what it is, Sheppard was the one who was obligated to step up and become military commander.

Yep. Except if it's Jack O'Neill. That man survives anything!!! :LOL:
                  He's got more lives than a cat, that's for sure.

... Which is the reason why Elizabeth didn't die and is still alive and kicking in our universe ... riiiiight???
                  You got it!

I think that eventually, when John has grey and gets promoted to General, he'd find a way to stay on Atlantis. Of course, in my perfect universe, Atlantis would become the SGC of sorts for the Pegasus Galaxy, he'd be running the military contigent and Elizabeth would still be in her office, polishing the butt mark that General Sheppard still leaves on her desk. *cackles*
                  Sounds like a great universe to me!

*has a heart attack because SK just compared Ancient tech to Bluetooth*

What is this world coming to?!?!?!?! Heh. Ooh, too funny. But thanks, the fic bunnies just took an idea from reading this and tossed it into a story of mine ...
                  *snickers* What can I say, it was the first logical-sounding analogy that popped into my head.

Okay, a few Sparky pics I messed around with on my iPod:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...y/286cdbf7.jpg
                  Hahahahaha! Gotta love it!

And a little advertising for "Of Detectives and Doctors":

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...c741e008-1.jpg
                  'a case that hit too close to home?' Uh oh, now I'm getting nervous...

Okay, this girl needs to get some reacquainted with sleep.

Night!

PS -- and the sad thing is, that last sentence? Not intentional.
                  Mmm, sleep. I need some of that, too. Nighty-night, and pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

I'm not sure about the game. But what I've learned so far makes me wince a little. We gotta trust Joe's sense of humor to get us through this one I think. Seeing him on the big screen will be worth it. I'm assuming it's a movie movie and not a TV movie.
                    At least we know there will be at least one good actor in it The movie itself may be pleasantly surprising. I've just never found either movies based on games, or comics, to be that satisfying, due to their constant 'nods' to things that happened in the previous medium (which I generally haven't watched or participated in). But that's merely a personal bias.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    "Spore" is a video game. But it's nothing like the what that movie was described as, so unless it's a different "Spore", it's not based on the video game.
                    I don't know too much about it. I hope they change the name, it sounds like some sort of infection

Since we're talking about rank I know John will get promoted to Full Bird Colonel but can you imagine him pulling an O'Neill and accepting a Promotion to General and if so where do u think he would be stationed? SGC, The Pentagon (At Homeworld Command) or Atlantis?
                    Not at Atlantis, if he were promoted to General, but see below

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    Hm, not right now, I think. Not that he'd make a bad General, I think it's too early to push him that far and essentially put him behind a desk. I can imagine a nostalgic, grayish haired John who had been through everything and had seen all that there is to see, and perhaps has a bad leg and needs a cane to walk (*hides from SR*), I think only that John would be content, if not happy, behind a General's desk.

I'm in charge for John - episode in the second half of the season, where we did decide to promote him and I'm looking forward to explore what the promotion to Full Bird colonel means to John. It's going to be a promotion that he, pretty much, earned on his own - not that he didn't earn the promotion into Colonel in the first place, he did, but bigwigs didn't even consider giving it to him - that was my impression at least. I think Elizabeth served as a mediator of sorts, she made the big military heads take a look at John from essentially different perspective. I doubt she would ever stick up for him and place a demand she did, if she a) didn't trust him and b) didn't know he very much earned his promotion. But this time Elizabeth hasn't been there to make the river bend, so to speak, and this new promotion comes as something John had earned all of his own. I think it will be interesting to take a look into his head at the moment when everything he's been doing receives an official acknowledgment of sorts.
                    I look forward to this. I know promotions mean transfers generally, but given that they have tried to put a Colonel in charge three times (Sumner initially, Everett was to relieve Weir, then Caldwell was to assume Sheppard's duties), not counting Colonel/Dr Carter, the precedent is there that they would at least prefer a Colonel on Atlantis.

And by the time of that virtual ep, he surely would have earned the promotion. I'll be interested to see your take on his inner voice.

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I, however, have been quite busy. Unfortunately, none of that busyness is Stargate-related. Oh drat.

Well, I know that Mayel and Nancy will be having a discussion/confrontation of sorts in our season opener, when Mayel is trying to get Earth to agree to let Atlantis return to the Pegasus Galaxy.

*snorts*

That's easy enough. It's certainly not unheard of for military personnel to be tapped for classified operations that they can't talk to their families about; for that matter, plenty of civilian scientists are working on projects for private companies that they can't talk about either. Also, in "The Intruder," Weir mentions that everyone coming into the expedition has to agree to a one-year commitment; that's likely the standard tour of duty, which again, is not out of the ordinary for the military and long-term scientific projects. As long as they have regular communication with their families and everything (at least in public view) appears to be going well, there's nothing to arouse any suspicion.
                    I'm sidestepping that now, as we could still be debating it weeks from now

*cackles* I'm itching to get to the finale! Gotta get the rest of 'em done first, of course. And ohhhh, the stuff we've got for Teyla is awesome and totally amazing. I can't wait to see what Anuna does with Box of Dreams!
                    I suspect the ones that have limited descriptions will actually be the best, I find that's usually the case with tv viewing

You're a bad, bad man.
                    That's not the word people usually use

Hey, you started it! LOL!
                    Yes. Yes I did. And after this, I'm going to start something on facebook. If I can be bothered.

On the jumpers, I always figured that the Replicators simply built them to Ancient specifications (including the ATA gene programming) because that was all they knew (and at the time, they were not capable of rewriting their own code). But since the Replicators themselves were also Ancient technology, they could use any ATA-dependent technology just like syncing up a Bluetooth headset to a cellphone.
                    This is another of those discussions that could go on and on. I agree with your reasoning, and it's a perfectly logical explanation, it's just that I don't think TPTW considered it when they wrote those eps. It seemed to me it was one of those things we weren't meant to think about Like how come, if the Wraith were descended from humans, a (very) small number of them didn't have the ATA gene? You're probably right, and if we'd gotten more replicator eps, that's probably how it would've played out.

It'll be very interesting! And it's going to be a great turning point for his character moving forward into Season 7.

What, you mean like some stereotypical 'bash the debauched rich man' storyline? [/QUOTE]

It's possible Ford still may have been, but they may have gotten another Major or Captain. It's a bit of a drop in rank otherwise. I guess we'll never know

It's worse? I don't even wanna see it ... :EEK:
                    Yep. In that screenshot, it looks disturbingly like hers. In the ep, it looked more like he'd had it permed and it was even bigger.

[quote
                    I didn't really read the whole thing, and when I did I went ops: ... I mainly meant Elizabeth FTW bcuz she's picking on his hair ... cuz she doesn't do that with John. Cuz his hair is hot and doesn't look like he just tried out for Shakespeare Summer Camp.
                    [/quote]

I didn't think so, it's possibly the worst thing I've ever said on GW. What is Shakespeare Summer Camp?

I don't think it was ever explicitly spelled out, but the impression I got from Rising and the, ahem, 'discussion' about Sheppard's promotion in The Intruder was that Ford was technically Sumner's 2IC. Sheppard, though he was a higher rank than Ford, was really along for the ride in more of a 'consultant' role; he was there to be a light switch for the scientists. But when Sumner died, military protocol being what it is, Sheppard was the one who was obligated to step up and become military commander.
                    Hmmm. I will need to reread the transcript. I suppose you could argue that Sheppard hadn't been included in the original chain of command, being from a different branch of the military. That wasn't my understanding though, especially given their gateroom chat. But I am nothing if not....often wrong.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Ford was kinda acting like the 2IC a bit ... IMO ... and thank goodness that John was there to step up, so he and Elizabeth could have their first fight on the balcony. *snickers*

He's got more lives than a cat, that's for sure.

You got it!

Sounds like a great universe to me!

*snickers* What can I say, it was the first logical-sounding analogy that popped into my head.

Hahahahaha! Gotta love it!

'a case that hit too close to home?' Uh oh, now I'm getting nervous...
                      Be afraid ... be very, very afraid ... MWAHAHAHAHAH --

*Shippy smacks fic bunnies for hacking new password*

Sorry. They got even less sleep than me, apparently.

Not at Atlantis, if he were promoted to General, but see below

I look forward to this. I know promotions mean transfers generally, but given that they have tried to put a Colonel in charge three times (Sumner initially, Everett was to relieve Weir, then Caldwell was to assume Sheppard's duties), not counting Colonel/Dr Carter, the precedent is there that they would at least prefer a Colonel on Atlantis.

And by the time of that virtual ep, he surely would have earned the promotion. I'll be interested to see your take on his inner voice.
                      As we all are.

I'm sidestepping that now, as we could still be debating it weeks from now
                      Let us turn our thoughts to subjects of a Sparky nature.

love and loves chocolate. Oh, and .

This is another of those discussions that could go on and on. I agree with your reasoning, and it's a perfectly logical explanation, it's just that I don't think TPTW considered it when they wrote those eps. It seemed to me it was one of those things we weren't meant to think about Like how come, if the Wraith were descended from humans, a (very) small number of them didn't have the ATA gene? You're probably right, and if we'd gotten more replicator eps, that's probably how it would've played out.
                      Yeah, you're right. I'm getting a headache just contemplating that. Heh.

It's possible Ford still may have been, but they may have gotten another Major or Captain. It's a bit of a drop in rank otherwise. I guess we'll never know

Yep. In that screenshot, it looks disturbingly like hers. In the ep, it looked more like he'd had it permed and it was even bigger.

I didn't think so, it's possibly the worst thing I've ever said on GW. What is Shakespeare Summer Camp?
                      Sarcasm. He just looks like he is getting ready to star in some theater production of Hamlet. It's extremely disturbing. Elizabeth should've left him just because of how the hair looked. *shrieks* And the fact HER 2IC has MUCH better hair.

Hmmm. I will need to reread the transcript. I suppose you could argue that Sheppard hadn't been included in the original chain of command, being from a different branch of the military. That wasn't my understanding though, especially given their gateroom chat. But I am nothing if not....often wrong.
                      Yeah, I'm gonna go check that out too.

Meanwhile, I'm at work, and in between projects there is WiFi here!!! Frakkin awesome!!!

Comment

On the bolded, not in the SG military -Reynolds, Marks, Harriman, Janet, Carter from Captain through Colonel, Cam, Jack to 1 Star. There's no "up or out" either; Davis is long overdue for promotion and even Lorne is pussing it still being a Major. And on the rare occassions when people are transferred they just go to other SGC/HWS posts.
                        Last edited by ddc; 22 November 2010, 06:22 AM.
                        DDC

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                          On the bolded, not in the SG military -Reynolds, Marks, Harriman, Janet, Carter from Captain through Colonel, Cam, Jack to 1 Star. There's no "up or out" either; Davis is long overdue for promotion and even Lorne is pussing it still being a Major. And on the rare occassions when people are transferred they just go to other SGC/HWS posts.
                          Yeah, I remember reading a few post-EatG fics where Lorne gets promoted to Lt. Colonel once Atlantis arrives back at Earth.

And yeah, Davis totally deserves a promotion. He's the go-to guy, always behind the scenes, making stuff happen.

And now, an announcement from the fic bunnies:

We thank you for giving into our ransom demands. We now are proud to bring you the latest chapter of Of Detectives and Doctors. Stuff actually happens in this chapter. Thank you.

... Yeah, the bunnies came out of hibernation. BTW, whoever got my home addy and sent me a LARGE basket of Hershey's and M&Ms ... little creepy at first, but thank you, much appreciated. Just kidding, for whoever actually BELIEVES that my home addy is posted somewhere on the Web.

Comment

I've got War and Peace!!!!!!!

*bounces*

I finally got it delivered today!!!! Yay!!!!

For pretty pics on the book and the others items I won, check my LJ HERE.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post

*bounces*

YAY!!!

I'm so tired, I was about to say, "You got a book, so wha--" And then I cut myself off before I said something horrible and got tomatoes thrown at me. Bad Sparky fan!!!

BTW, your pics are awesome!!! And so are all the "Sparky" pics ... HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post

*bounces*

Oh wow! You got a lot of stuff. War and Peace FTW!
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X