No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm the best daughter in the world. Ok don' t say it to my mom or it will be
    Mom: Do you buy the panties of Lorne?
    Me: My customer or you Lorny?
    Mom: Don't try to be funny and give me an answer NOW
    Me: Heu....no
    Mom: You're the worst daughter in the world.
    Me: I love you too.

Glad you like it.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!! Sparky vids
      Thanks so much for sharing Probie!!!!!
      I just love our ship so much

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!! Sparky vids
        Thanks so much for sharing Probie!!!!!
        I just love our ship so much
        My pleasure....and also my duty.
        sigpic

Comment

*runs in and hides in corner*

All LJ's fault - Doppelganger picspams ... and I didn't even need to look to be reminded.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            I'm the best daughter in the world. Ok don' t say it to my mom or it will be
            Mom: Do you buy the panties of Lorne?
            Me: My customer or you Lorny?
            Mom: Don't try to be funny and give me an answer NOW
            Me: Heu....no
            Mom: You're the worst daughter in the world.
            Me: I love you too.

Glad you like it.
            You are indeed the best daughter in the world. And I don't even ask you to get me anyone's undies.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ok, so how did the poll about the website and title end?

Sig by me

Comment

*snort* With all the Joe excitement, I forgot. If anyone hasn't voted, I'll give you the rest of today.

Atlantis Rising 7
                The Virtual Series

Atlantis Rising
                By fans, for fans!

Virtual Atlantis: The Series Continues
                By Fans, For Fans

Atlantis Reprise 1
                By fans, for the fans

atlantisrisingonline.com 2

sgarising.com 7
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  You are indeed the best daughter in the world. And I don't even ask you to get me anyone's undies.
                  I'm blushing. Thank you

Funny thing. It's football night here but my dad and I did a gift to my mom. She can keep the big tv and we will have the small one. We are so nice.lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Anuna, if you're around. I can't answer your PM. Your box is full again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Inbox cleaned up!!! Send it agaaainnnnn.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Heh! I was just going to ask about that...
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Heh! I was just going to ask about that...
                          Great minds...

Sig by me

Comment

Great minds...
                            Sparky minds... the most intelligent in the cosmos! *raises a glass*
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Sparky minds... the most intelligent in the cosmos! *raises a glass*
                              Hear hear!! *joins in the toast*

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                I think you just justified the nomad status, but aside from living in tents, I don't see any evidence of nomadic life. They had obviously been on Athos a long time. They planted crops which would make them semi-nomadic at best. They were a relatively primitive farming/hunting culture in my views. And since it's another galaxy, Earth sociology doesn't apply. They're a conglomerate of many types of societies. But canon shows them to be structured, family oriented, relatively religious, reserved in behavior regarding courtship and fairly ritualistic.
                                From what I remember from 'Rising', Teyla said that they moved their hunting camps around. I guess that's where the nomadic part came from (sorry if this question has already been resolved). Now this might imply that there are other, more established, settlements on the planet, but we never heard about any and Teyla's tone made it kind of seem like there weren't. I agree about the different branches/tribes scattered around Athos though.

And I kind of got the impression that the Athosians were technologically advanced at some point far far in the past, but that had been all but obliterated with only a few small things still in use, like the fire starters. I also kind of think that the super fancy lighters were originally Athosian, because of her "We mastered fire long ago" line. Of course, we never did get confirmation on the city. Likely it was Ancient, or at least built by the Ancients, and the ancient Athosians kind of lived there too and traded and learned from them and got to make use of technology that they later kept. Of course, that's assuming the Athosians were around when the Ancients were.

Sorry if this is a bit of a ramble. It's late, that's my excuse.

And yay! A toast! Here's to Sparky minds indeed!
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X