Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *snorts* That was... interesting. I was sitting in my office (which is on the second floor of the house) watching TV when the quake hit. It was just this low rolling motion that suddenly built up a little more and made my office chair roll a little bit across the floor. With me sitting in it. That was a weird feeling. The only annoying thing was that afterward all the local TV stations were going batsh*t crazy running around like chickens with their heads cut off reporting on the quake. I got bored after about 10 minutes and went back to working on my story proposal for House of Mirrors.

Bingo, that's the fic! I knew it was an older one, but I couldn't remember who wrote it to be able to track it down. Guh, it's quite a yummy one.

*snickers* I'll go kick the San Andreas Fault for you.
    *LOL* Ah, news. They always go crazy. We were that way during the 'snow' (weather stations kept wanting to list all of our snow days this winter as blizzards but it never got bad enough to call it that). Yes, people were weirded out by how much we got, but it's not like were afraid we were going to be snowed in. The way the news played it was like the South just hit the next ice age.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      *LOL* Ah, news. They always go crazy. We were that way during the 'snow' (weather stations kept wanting to list all of our snow days this winter as blizzards but it never got bad enough to call it that). Yes, people were weirded out by how much we got, but it's not like were afraid we were going to be snowed in. The way the news played it was like the South just hit the next ice age.
      You should have been here. I watched for awhile because it was fun but when you have the same guy on the same street corner with the yardstick measuring the snow, it just gets ridiculous.

Now today the whole town has gone McNabb crazy. Eri will understand that reference. LOL
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        You should have been here. I watched for awhile because it was fun but when you have the same guy on the same street corner with the yardstick measuring the snow, it just gets ridiculous.

Now today the whole town has gone McNabb crazy. Eri will understand that reference. LOL
        *LOL* Yes. However, considering we're 2 hours away from ~*T-I-G-E-R*~ for you can guess what sport my network is going nuts over. All us Comcast Sports Nets are fighting each other for the top story. CSN-Wash has your McNabb story (so does Philly) and CSN-Midwest is all about Butler.

Comment

See, isn't that always the way? Whenever something the least bit out of the ordinary happens with natural phenomena, the media goes into apocalypse mode. The tabloidization of the media continues.

*LOL* Yes. However, considering we're 2 hours away from ~*T-I-G-E-R*~ for you can guess what sport my network is going nuts over. All us Comcast Sports Nets are fighting each other for the top story. CSN-Wash has your McNabb story (so does Philly) and CSN-Midwest is all about Butler.
          And in the meantime, Fox Sports Net is carrying baseball (the Dodgers, meh) and... darts. LOL!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I swear if I never hear about the blizzard of 1993 again I'll be just fine...
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scary kitty View Post
              see, isn't that always the way? Whenever something the least bit out of the ordinary happens with natural phenomena, the media goes into apocalypse mode. The tabloidization of the media continues.

and in the meantime, fox sports net is carrying baseball (the dodgers, meh) and... Darts. lol! :d
              roflol
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

See, isn't that always the way? Whenever something the least bit out of the ordinary happens with natural phenomena, the media goes into apocalypse mode. The tabloidization of the media continues.

And in the meantime, Fox Sports Net is carrying baseball (the Dodgers, meh) and... darts. LOL!
                Yes. It's because news can broadcast all day now rather than just a few hours a day with EMERGENCY cut ins when the story is super important. Something has to fill the time. =\

Good, down with FSN!

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                  I swear if I never hear about the blizzard of 1993 again I'll be just fine...
                  *snickers*

Yes. It's because news can broadcast all day now rather than just a few hours a day with EMERGENCY cut ins when the story is super important. Something has to fill the time. =\
                  Which sure pisses off my mom whenever her soaps get preempted.

Good, down with FSN!
                  You betcha! They're pretty good about not going overboard with the crazy stuff.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Gotta love it. They don't know whether to spit or go crazy. (Another Southern saying for 'Nuna. Only it's not "spit".

Oh, I forgot today is opening day for the Nationals and the prez is throwing out the first ball which will pretty much gridlock traffic all over that part of town. Earlier they were warning everybody to leave for the game early because of the increased security. Same thing happened yesterday when he decided to attend Easter services. It ain't like on TV when you see the presidential motorcade consisting of a couple of cars speed across town. It's this. (Only with DC cops.) I mean it. Every single time. Even if he's just going to dinner a few blocks away. Look at the little labels on the vehicles. It's quite fascinating. And they don't mention the advance team that seals the manhole covers, removes the mailboxes. and closes the streets along the way. The traffic reports call it "police activity" which is code for get out while you can because when he moves, nobody else moves. If he's going out of DC, there will also be helicopters. LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

Gotta love it. They don't know whether to spit or go crazy. (Another Southern saying for 'Nuna. Only it's not "spit".

Oh, I forgot today is opening day for the Nationals and the prez is throwing out the first ball which will pretty much gridlock traffic all over that part of town. Earlier they were warning everybody to leave for the game early because of the increased security. Same thing happened yesterday when he decided to attend Easter services. It ain't like on TV when you see the presidential motorcade consisting of a couple of cars speed across town. It's this. (Only with DC cops.) I mean it. Every single time. Even if he's just going to dinner a few blocks away. Look at the little labels on the vehicles. It's quite fascinating. And they don't mention the advance team that seals the manhole covers, removes the mailboxes. and closes the streets along the way. The traffic reports call it "police activity" which is code for get out while you can because when he moves, nobody else moves. If he's going out of DC, there will also be helicopters. LOL
                      Oh God. I must show this to Mr. Nuna. This would pretty much drive him insane.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I just have to *LOL*. Every single channel (not just sports) had up the ~*TIGER*~ press conference either on network or live streaming and now they're coming back and asking if you watched the press conference. Like:

EW.com at 2 PM ET: LIVE Tiger Press Conference NOW!
                        EW.com at 3 PM ET: TIGER press conference recap NOW!
                        EW.com at 4 PM ET: LIVE TIGER press conference--did YOU watch?

*headdesk*

To turn it back, sorta:

Elizabeth: John, calm down.
                        John: No, seriously, if someone doesn't stop with the craptastic "Michael escaped again" coverage, I'm going to shoot them. This stupid 24-hour Pegasus Galaxy news network was a HORRIBLE idea!

Comment

*snerks*

*snerks again* Though I have to admit, it's informative if we ever need the information for fic.

I just have to *LOL*. Every single channel (not just sports) had up the ~*TIGER*~ press conference either on network or live streaming and now they're coming back and asking if you watched the press conference. Like:

EW.com at 2 PM ET: LIVE Tiger Press Conference NOW!
                          EW.com at 3 PM ET: TIGER press conference recap NOW!
                          EW.com at 4 PM ET: LIVE TIGER press conference--did YOU watch?

*headdesk*
                          *gags* Seriously, isn't there something in the Geneva Convention against shoving all this crap onto every channel at the same time?

To turn it back, sorta:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i.../allies409.jpg

Elizabeth: John, calm down.
                          John: No, seriously, if someone doesn't stop with the craptastic "Michael escaped again" coverage, I'm going to shoot them. This stupid 24-hour Pegasus Galaxy news network was a HORRIBLE idea!
                          BWAHAHAHAH!!!! Eri, you are SLAYING me!

Just for that, I dare someone to sneak a line into one of the SS6 episodes about what might happen if there really was a Pegasus Galaxy News network!

Comment

*grabs thread and shakes* Sparky wake up! I just flipped to the back of my photobucket album and found this.

Spoiler:

and this

sigpic

Comment

Pardon the double post but I'm bored and was checking out YouTube. Amazing Sparky vid. I never would have thought how perfect this song is for John.

sigpic

Comment

SR wow...amazing Sparky vid is right! The intensity in his gaze in some of those clips is just *guh*
                                Spoiler:
                                and I kinda dig the parallel between John/Elizabeth and Christian/Satine (and want to watch Moulin Rouge again now)

I think I like it when you're bored and searching youtube!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X