Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    New and exciting? I may enter SGA big bang this year, and I have a good idea that needs plot and politics. Would anyone be willing to bounce ideas off and brainstorm with me?

Or, would you guys talk me out of this?
    I will totally enable you and brainstorm with you! I'd love to see you with a fic in the big bang!
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

Always happy to help in brainstorming

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
        Hi everybody, hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your families.
        I don't have a family anymore but I spent it with my best friends, so it wasn't that bad.

Back to our favourite pairing, I need a little help from you, 'cause I'm trying to write my Sparky fic and I have a hard time.
        I have these two ancient starships, found by our heroes on a uninhabited planet, repaired and now part of Atlantis Fleet. I can't seem to find two names for these ships that haven't been used before or are so ordinary (I had thought about Pegasus and Galaxy, but I'm quite unhappy about both names).
        Thanks for any help!
        Try with Greek mythology? Since that is where most SG ships names come from. How about Artemis and Apollo?
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          I will totally enable you and brainstorm with you! I'd love to see you with a fic in the big bang!
          Last year I wasn't able to finish my story on time. It was bad to do an AU story; this year, if I enter the challenge, I'll stick to SGA verse. I was actually inspired by our Sparky S6 discussions and some other shows I was/am watching. I'm about to post about it all on my LJ, do you want me to include you in my Big bang filter?

Comment

Last year I wasn't able to finish my story on time. It was bad to do an AU story; this year, if I enter the challenge, I'll stick to SGA verse. I was actually inspired by our Sparky S6 discussions and some other shows I was/am watching. I'm about to post about it all on my LJ, do you want me to include you in my Big bang filter?
            Yes include me please!
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Try with Greek mythology? Since that is where most SG ships names come from. How about Artemis and Apollo?
              Mmm ... good advice ... I'll search also for other Greek names Thanks!

What's this Big Bang? A contest? And how do I include you in this Big Bang Filter?

Comment

@nepthys - Big bang is a ficathon, with really BIG stories. A story must have at least 40 000 words, has to be written by certain deadline and then the big bang site with all stories and story related art and videos goes live in one gret bang. That's why it's called Big Bang. It's not a contest, but when you enetr it, it feels like a contest against yourself. I've done it once. It was tiring *g* You don't have to include me, I'll include you - you are on my friends list on Livejournal, I will add you to Big bang filter so you will be able to read my big bang related entries.

@drew - adding you

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                  Me too. Better you than me. LOL

I was about to suggest that. How about Agamemnon and Hephaestus? I also like Damocles. Here's a good site.

And 'Nuna, I'm working on that crack!fic we talked about. I fear it may be too cracky for the general public though. Stay tuned.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Hi everybody, hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your families.
                    I don't have a family anymore but I spent it with my best friends, so it wasn't that bad.

Back to our favourite pairing, I need a little help from you, 'cause I'm trying to write my Sparky fic and I have a hard time.
                    I have these two ancient starships, found by our heroes on a uninhabited planet, repaired and now part of Atlantis Fleet. I can't seem to find two names for these ships that haven't been used before or are so ordinary (I had thought about Pegasus and Galaxy, but I'm quite unhappy about both names).
                    Thanks for any help!
                    Take a look at Latin words and names, since Latin is supposed to be derived from the Ancient language.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    Hello all! I hope everyone had a good weekend! We stayed in for a traditional Easter lunch yesterday and it was very nice. I had so much CANDY...

Anything new and exciting for this Sparky week? Though my beach weekend is two weeks away, I'm feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
                    New and exciting... you mean aside from our impending discussion of Primum Movens?

New and exciting? I may enter SGA big bang this year, and I have a good idea that needs plot and politics. Would anyone be willing to bounce ideas off and brainstorm with me?

You know I'll brainstorm with you, and I'd love to be on your Big Bang filter!

What's this Big Bang? A contest? And how do I include you in this Big Bang Filter?
                    Atlantis Big Bang. I did it last year. Very fun, but very exhausting.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'd love to hear ideas! I would consider Big Bang but I don't know if I want to do something that will take up a good portion of my writing time. I just finished Testament. =\

Agreed--though I think the Apollo was the one in First Strike *smacks it*

Ares and Athena--both Gods of War (half-siblings). Agamemnon and Menelaus--twin kings of Greece in The Iliad/The Odyssey. Ummm...that's all I can think of right now. I'm sorta allergy-attacked at the moment...
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Yep. Ares and Athena are good ideas. *g*

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          I'd love to hear ideas! I would consider Big Bang but I don't know if I want to do something that will take up a good portion of my writing time. I just finished Testament. =\

Agreed--though I think the Apollo was the one in First Strike *smacks it*

Ares and Athena--both Gods of War (half-siblings). Agamemnon and Menelaus--twin kings of Greece in The Iliad/The Odyssey. Ummm...that's all I can think of right now. I'm sorta allergy-attacked at the moment...
                          Correct on Apollo.

Allergies. Aaack. I've been alternating between a sore throat, congestion, sneezing and runny nose for two weeks. The trees are getting the green fuzzy leaves and the pollen is coming. Aaarrgghhh!
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            I like Apollo (thinking about Sheppard ), Anthea (meaning "Blossom), Gaia (meaining "Earth") and Phaedra (meaning "bright").
                            Since I have only two ships, I think I'll go for Apollo and Gaia. Thanks!

Edit: Aaaaagggghhh ... had forgotten about Apollo Starship in First Strike
                            Ok, so I think I'll use Gaia and Phaedra.

Comment

I feel like writing something kinky, smutty and Conversion - based. *g*

Comment

I feel like writing something kinky, smutty and Conversion - based. *g*
                                Yes, I can't write smutty but I like reading it

Comment

Working...
                                X