No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i got a stuffy nose and i really want to nip it in the bud got any advice of what to take?

Comment

here's another John wanting Elizabeth back song it's a little song called "All I want for christmas is you.

here are the lyrics

I don't want a lot for Christmas
      There's just one thing I need
      I don't care about the presents
      Underneath the Christmas tree
      I just want you for my own
      More than you could ever know
      Make my wish come true
      All I want for Christmas is you

There's just one thing I need
      I don't care about the presents
      Underneath the Christmas tree
      I don't need to hang my stocking
      There upon the fireplace
      Santa Claus won't make me happy
      With a toy on Christmas day

I just want you for my own
      Make my wish come true
      All I want for Christmas is you baby

I won't ask for much this Christmas
      I don't even wish for snow
      I'm just gonna keep on waiting
      Underneath the mistletoe
      I won't make a list and send it
      To the North Pole for Saint Nick
      I won't even stay awake to
      Hear those magic reindeers click
      'Cause I just want you here tonight
      Holding on to me so tight
      What more can I do
      Baby all I want for Christmas is you
      baby
      All the lights are shining
      So brightly everywhere
      And the sound of children's
      Laughter fills the air
      And everyone is singing
      I hear those sleigh bells ringing
      Santa won't you bring me the one I
      really need
      Won't you please bring my baby to me

This is all I'm asking for
      I just want to see my baby
      Standing right outside my door
      Oh I just want you for my own
      Make my wish come true
      Baby all I want for Christmas is
      You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4hwR...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Mmmmm, chicken soup is always yummies! Thank you! *summons a spoon and digs in*

*cackles at the 'carrier monkeys' comment and melts at the Christmas Eve dinner kick story*

Oh yes, if there's ever a good reason for cloning Carson... getting to have our very own personalized Carson is it!
        I've called them carrier monkeys for years
        and darnit my own Christmas Eve story is giving me plot bunnies.....*sigh*
        *ponders the thought of her own Carson clone* mmmmm.....

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        yeah i got a stuffy nose and i really want to nip it in the bud got any advice of what to take?
        zinc and vitamin C. my hubby uses Airborne and SWEARS it works...
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

My sick homies I have some hot totties. (Hot tea and Jack Daniels.) They'll work... either it'll clear the sinuses and relieve the soar throat, or you'll just pass out fall asleep after enough I like Carson, but I'd prefer Frasier as my bedside doc

LCJS that is a good Christmas song.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

about the airbourne i'll try it. i swear today is my angst john day for some strange reason.

Comment

My dad and I (I think I got my cold from him) have been popping Zicam RapidMelts; he's already doing much better today, so hopefully I'll have this thing licked in the next couple of days.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              My sick homies I have some hot totties. (Hot tea and Jack Daniels.) They'll work... either it'll clear the sinuses and relieve the soar throat, or you'll just pass out fall asleep after enough I like Carson, but I'd prefer Frasier as my bedside doc

LCJS that is a good Christmas song.
              Mmmm, a hot toddy sounds nice... lemon juice, honey, rum (lots of rum!) and hot water or tea. Ahhhh...
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

i got one more christmas angsty john song and it's

Christmas (baby come home) by Darlene love and here are the lyrics

(Christmas)
                The snow's coming down
                (Christmas)
                I'm watching it fall
                (Christmas)
                Lots of people around
                (Christmas)
                Baby please come home

(Christmas)
                The church bells in town
                (Christmas)
                All ringing in song
                (Christmas)
                Full of happy sounds
                (Christmas)
                Baby please come home

They're singing "Deck The Halls"
                But it's not like Christmas at all
                Cuz I remember when you were here
                And all the fun we had last year

(Christmas)
                Pretty lights on the tree
                (Christmas)
                I'm watching them shine
                (Christmas)
                You should be here witha me
                (Christmas)
                Baby please come home

But it's not like Christmas at all
                Cuz I remember when you were here
                And all the fun we had last year

(Christmas)
                If there was a way
                (Christmas)
                I'd hold back this tear
                (Christmas)
                But it's Christmas day
                (Please)
                Please
                (Please)
                Please
                (Please)
                Please
                (Please)
                Please
                Baby please come home
                (Christmas)
                Baby please come home
                (Christmas)
                Baby please come home
                (Christmas)
                Baby please come home

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Apparently, he knows Morse Code or some words.

Transcript of "Travellers"

"McKAY: That's Sheppard. Now I don't know why he didn't just send a regular message but maybe he was dealing with a damaged transmitter, or maybe he was trying to communicate without being detected, but it's definitely him.

DEX: How d'you know it's him?

McKAY: It's Morse code. S.O.S."
                  Merci. Also answers my question about John, though of course I figured he knew it.

*Manly back pats for my fellow sparkies* Man sounds like y'all had a bad day. Probie sounds you had really rough one. Maybe this song will cheer you up. Jole Blon I hope you get a laugh out of it. There's a funny story behind the lyrics I'll tell if you want.

Hmm, maybe some fluff that's fluffier than Cool Whip can perk everyone up.

Spoiler:
                  Tender Buttons

John Sheppard shook his head leaving the briefing room. Normally he just tries to stay awake, but today was more about not staring. Elizabeth was wearing her “button pulling blouse” as John called the garment. Even McKay noticed Elizabeth’s choice of wardrobe.

“Hey John, I know this might seem... inappropriate, but did you notice Elizabeth’s shirt?” Rodney asked as they walked towards the mess hall.

“It was pretty hard not to notice,” John replied.

“Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one,” Rodney shrugged.

“At least it was something other than red,” John looked at his watch.

“Maybe we can nominate Elizabeth for ‘What Not to Wear’,” Rodney suggested.

“You know about that show?” John shot a look of disgust at Rodney.

“Stacy London is really hot,” Rodney defended.

“True, but I don’t think we can get her clearance,” John joked.

“You know what’s on the menu for today?” Rodney asked.

“Chicken breast...” John and Rodney stopped walking to deal with the irony.

Later that day John went up to see Elizabeth to drop off a mission report. Normally he would just upload them to the database, but the servers were down so he had to submit a hard copy. But delivering a piece of paper was low on John’s list of concerns. Before he entered Elizabeth’s office John kept repeating “Don’t stare” to himself.

“Hey Elizabeth, here’s my last mission report,” John placed a manilla folder on Elizabeth’s desk.

“Thanks John. Do you have that write up I wanted you to do?” Elizabeth looked up form her computer.

“Write up?” John questioned.

“Yes, I mentioned it in the briefing this morning,” Elizabeth leaned back in her chair.

“Oh. Right. When did you want that by?” John tried not to stare at Elizabeth’s button by toying with items on Elizabeth’s desk.

“As soon as possible,” Elizabeth paused and gave John a concerned look.

“What?” John replaced the pot he gave Elizabeth on her desk.

“You’ve been a little distracted today. Is everything okay?” Elizabeth let a hint worry into her tone.

“Yeah everything’s fine,” John switched to looking at his feat.

“Are you sure? If you want to talk about it I have some time,” Elizabeth leaned forward.

“No!” John’s voice squeaked as he shifted his eyes away form Elizabeth.

“John, it’s obvious something is bothering you what is it?” Elizabeth placed her palms on the desk and leaned forward a little more.

“It’s just...” John’s will finally gave and his eyes drifted right to Elizabeth’s pulling button.

“John, up here,” Elizabeth motioned with her hand.

“Sorry, but...” John hung his head in shame, “that button looks like it might pop right off any second.”

“Button?” Elizabeth looked down to examine her blouse, “oh my,” Elizabeth noticed the button was right at her d colletage.

“Not that I stare... well... I mean... you’re very... ah... I’m gonna go do that write up,” John jumped out of his chair and left Elizabeth’s office.

“Men...” Elizabeth rolled her eyes and smiled.
                  Takes a real man to poke fun at male mannerisms. Thanks, prkprd for the pick-me-up.

My dad and I (I think I got my cold from him) have been popping Zicam RapidMelts; he's already doing much better today, so hopefully I'll have this thing licked in the next couple of days.

Mmmm, a hot toddy sounds nice... lemon juice, honey, rum (lots of rum!) and hot water or tea. Ahhhh...
                  Feel better! *passes along the remedy of rest*
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I was going to suggest Zicam but SK beat me to it. I also use those awful tasting zinc lozenges.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm home! It's 7.20pm here and I'm home. Alléluia!
                      Bad news:I spent my day (11am-5pm) with my "stupid customer". I was supposed to see him only this morning but he didn't want to leave me (Maybe because of my charm.lol) and I ate a poor sandwich in 5 minutes. Now I'm hungry.
                      Good news: I did a great/big sale. It was long but the result is excellent and I take my revenge on the price.lol.
                      Bad news: I have to work tomorrow.
                      Good news: It will be my last day!!!!

pkprd869: Of course, I want the story about this song.
                      It's always nice to read your fics, my homie.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Merci. Also answers my question about John, though of course I figured he knew it.
                      Avec plaisir.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Bad news:I spent my day (11am-5pm) with my "stupid customer". I was supposed to see him only this morning but he didn't want to leave me (Maybe because of my charm.lol) and I ate a poor sandwich in 5 minutes. Now I'm hungry.
                        Good news: I did a great/big sale. It was long but the result is excellent and I take my revenge on the price.lol.

Avec plaisir.
                        Glad ya got that crazy fool back homie. I don't have a story using the song, I guess maybe I could make one. Anyways, if you listened to the song, it's obvious Waylon butchered the French language. The story goes he really liked the song and wanted to record it. Neither Waylon nor Buddy Holly, who produced the session, knew the words so they just went with what they thought the lyrics were. I guess years later somebody requested "Jole Blon" in a concert and Waylon could only remember the first verse because he had no idea what he was really singning.
                        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Glad ya got that crazy fool back homie. I don't have a story using the song, I guess maybe I could make one. Anyways, if you listened to the song, it's obvious Waylon butchered the French language. The story goes he really liked the song and wanted to record it. Neither Waylon nor Buddy Holly, who produced the session, knew the words so they just went with what they thought the lyrics were. I guess years later somebody requested "Jole Blon" in a concert and Waylon could only remember the first verse because he had no idea what he was really singning.
                          It's a nice story. I didn't know this song before but I start to really like it.
                          I hope you will write a story using it.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Thanks to everyone who sent their best wishes and virtual cold remedies... for the moment, the cold is being held at bay. I slept pretty good last night, can breathe through both nostrils (mostly) and I'm not coughing very much. *knocks on wood and pops another Zicam*

Yay Probie! Way to go for conquering the customer from hell!

*blows nose*
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Avec plaisir.
                              There's always a customer like this. It's good you only had one. LOL

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Thanks to everyone who sent their best wishes and virtual cold remedies... for the moment, the cold is being held at bay. I slept pretty good last night, can breathe through both nostrils (mostly) and I'm not coughing very much. *knocks on wood and pops another Zicam*

Yay Probie! Way to go for conquering the customer from hell!

*blows nose*
                              *passes out antiseptic wipes*

And then: The obsession list

Spoiler:
                              1. We are officially obsessed with John/Elizabeth when someone posts a pic with ice sculpture and we all see Sparky in it.
                              2. .....when I see my boss and I wonder what he would think if I give him a hug.
                              3. when every new song I hear turns into a Sparky fanmix in my head...
                              4. When I look in a catalog at this year's collection of UGG boots and imagine John getting Elizabeth a pair of them for Christmas...
                              5. When your XBOX gamer tag is Sparky4evr...
                              6. When upon receiving your free copy of SIMS3, your first thought is "Oh, I can make Elizabeth and John and make them fall in love, get married and make Sparky bebbies!"
                              7. When you write oodles of fanfiction fixing the mess on the show so that you can get John and Elizabeth together.
                              8. When 98.9% of your sketchbook is filled with drawings of either Sparky or their kids.
                              9. When you buy the John and Elizabeth action figures just to put them in... 'compromising positions.'
                              10. When the majority of your conversations with your friends inevitably mention Sparky in some form or another
                              11. When you look on various websites for mixed drinks for a "Sparky" cocktail. And find one.
                              12. when you see the words sparky or John and Elizabeth in the same sentence.
                              13. When you are reading a book about firetrucks to your kids and can't help but grin like an idiot when you read that the fire dog's name is...yup...you guessed it...SPARKY!
                              14. When you name one of your hair colour mixes "Sparky Red".
                              15. When your computer is a veritable shrine to Sparky: wallpaper, folders full of pics, artwork, more wallpapers, fanfics...
                              16. When you drive by the local marina and giggle knowingly at a yacht named 'Sparky.'
                              17. When you've worked out the only difference between your ex-principle and Elizabeth is that your principle doesn't have a Sedge, and you try to work out who John is.
                              18. All of your favorite songs end up in your sparky fanfics, either as titles or quotes.
                              19. When you read other couples fanfiction and substitute John and Liz to see if it would work.
                              20. You read the Sparky Thread in the mornings instead of the news paper.
                              21. You print out Sparky fanfiction so you can read it away from your computer.
                              22. When this morning, you receive a call of Elizabeth from Atlantis and you can't stop smiling and imagine that there is maybe a John with her. But it was not the real Atlantis but just a name of a company and Elizabeth was the customer. (This is the second time this has happened)
                              23. You see a carnival with a ferris wheel and you immediately think of John taking Elizabeth for a ride.
                              24. Whenever you hear something else named Atlantis (Space Shuttles, Space Stations, ships, hotels, mythology) and you immediately make John & Elizabeth a part of the story.
                              25. When every time you see a couple with UST in another show, you think that Joe and Torri could do it better.
                              26. When asked what you would ask for if someone gave you a present and money wasn't an object, you immediately think of buying the rights to the franchise and making a movie so John and Elizabeth could get together.
                              27. You wished you could've been at the Fourth of July parade where David Hewlett and his wife cosplayed as John and Elizabeth to see them in person.
                              28. Red and black become your new favorite colors.
                              29. While watching your most favorite Christmas movie of all time, you can't help but wanna see John and Elizabeth in the big, romantic dance scene instead of the actual characters
                              30. You see kids playing with a dog that looks like Sedge and wonder if the kids are John and Elizabeth's.
                              31. you see a copy of war and peace and you wonder if john has a picture of elizabeth in it. or they read it together and wrote notes on the side to discuss the current chapter they are one.
                              32. Every time Joe or Torri guest stars in something other than SGA, you keep hoping to hear their characters give a closet Sparky mention.
                              33....at night when you "daydream" about potential Sparky fic ideas as you drift off to sleep....hoping for good sparky dreams..
                              34......when you have Sparky dreams more than 1 night a week....
                              35. When you're secretly pleased by the fact that your hair color is caught somewhere in the middle between John and Elizabeth's.
                              36. When you write Sparky fanfic anywhere, even in a doctor's waiting room.
                              37. When while buying your Christmas tree you wonder if John and Elizabeth would have a live or artificial one and picture them arguing about it.
                              38. When you're at a spin class, doing sprints, look down, see your seat is on the "E" setting and wonder "I wonder if John and/or Elizabeth would do this to keep in shape?"
                              39. when you see a couple of young kids and the girl gives the boy a hug and the boy is shocked and you wonder if john and elizabeth did that if they ever met as kids.
                              40. When you keep thinking about John and Elizabeth's favorite foods and you get the idea of doing an Atlantis cookbook. true story
                              41. When you have a plan to break your tv (without your parents suspect you, of course) just to see eyes/sex in good quality
                              42. When the first thing you think of when your TV dies is how much better Sparky will look on a new one.
                              43. When the first thing you watch on your new HDTV is one of your favorite Sparky episodes.
                              44. When you draw pictures of yourself with John and Elizabeth, just cause you love them so much.
                              45. When watching the ep "Home", after Elizabeth says something's not 'right' after Simon kisses her, you literally yell at the TV "That's because he's not John!"
                              46. You get a tattoo and wonder if John or Elizabeth has one.
                              47. You see a pendant that looks kinda-sorta like a stargate, and you think it would make a great present for John to give to Elizabeth.
                              48. You see a messy haired baby and think of Sparky babiez.
                              49. You begin thinking up new ideas to do 'manips' using them
                              50. You hear a song on the radio, and wonder if it would go well with a Sparky vid
                              51. You wonder if Elizabeth and John would go clothes shopping together and what kind of goofy fun they could get into
                              52. Seeing an ad for Christmas pajamas with candy canes on them makes you think about Sparky and gives you a smutty plot bunny.
                              53. Upon getting a Wii for Christmas you and your hubby look at each other and say, at the same time, "We can make John and Elizabeth Mii's"
                              54. You go to Disneyland, and while watching the Christmas fireworks show, they start playing 'I'll Be Home For Christmas,' and you think about how John and Lizzie won't be together for Christmas.
                              55. You and your fellow Sparkies come up with themes for every day of the week on what to discuss/fic/picspam about John and Elizabeth.
                              56. When getting ready for a night out a karaoke, you look at the Sparky Song List and pick songs from there to sing.
                              57. When your friends know your obsession enough to give you an absolutely amazing drawing of John and Elizabeth (that kissing manip I did) for a Christmas present.
                              58. And when you scream (really) and sink to the floor in happiness when you open said present.
                              59. You check the thread at least once every hour, eagerly awaiting the moment when the thread hits a new post milestone.
                              60. You sing "Something to Talk About" at karaoke and almost start to giggle at the line "Stand just a little too close" because it makes you think of Sparky (well...I wanted to giggle at pretty much the whole song...)
                              61. All this talk about blizzards and getting snowed in makes you want to read/write some fic about John and Lizzie cooped up in a cozy cabin during a snow storm.
                              62. You name the various components of your computer setup for Atlantis and Sparky.

63. Even baking chocolate/peanut butter cookies reminds you of Sparky.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                *passes out antiseptic wipes*
                                Oh, I've got the wipes, the bottles of hand sanitizer, a face mask. No kidding.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                And then: The obsession list

<snippage>

63. Even baking chocolate/peanut butter cookies reminds you of Sparky.
                                Or snowball cookies stuffed with red cherry halves.

Comment

Working...
                                X