Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yup, it's like I said, they give a free pass to their favored chosen, and the rest are left with the scraps from the table and ignored. If they're lucky.

At least here, Sparky gets the love they deserve!
    And they obviously were not among the chosen. LOL

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Balanced writing isn't easy, but it's not that hard, especially if you're enjoying what you're writing. I just can't believe how they managed to make most of the SGA characters wallpaper - ized. You need talent to do that, I think.

Speaking of writing, I've noticed something about my writing -- I'm good with ideas, meaning I easily come up with something fairly original, but then I don't know what to do with it. I suck with plots and making the idea happen. Do you guys have any piece of advice for me?
    I'd just say write, write, write. Try writing the same plot in different way, with different voices and from different POV's.

In - very - deed!

Guys, did you notice we're coming closer to big milestones? We're almost at 89 000 posts, and it's not very far to reach 90 000 from there!
    Woot! Post post post. With all the new folks and old folks returning we should hit 90,000 in no time. Without spamming.

My mom is toeing 60, but she looks 15 years younger. I wish she were in better shape and better health than she is, though. People often say she looks good, but she doesn't really feel like that, and I think she's even aggravating it a bit and making herself feel worse. Which makes me frustrated because I can't help her - she doesn't really let me help. Long story.

Do you guys thing John or Elizabeth fear ageing?
    I agree with everyone else. They're too busy to bother worrying and with Old!Liz and Old!John they already know what they will look like. John will hate the aching joints though. Not that I would know anything about that.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      Thanks...and ITA, John would HATE it when he realized he wasn't as fast as he used to be, but all in all I think he'd take it all in stride (at least the physical appearance changes).
      Like my granddad. The man has never been sick in 85 years, and now he has a fracture of the femoral neck, with which he kept walking around (!!!) and complains how horrible it is when the body gives out. When they fixed it he wouldn't stay in bed for a single day and basically drove everyone nuts, removing the syringes from his arm and sneaking of into the bathroom to have a smoke. And then he got really angry when they put in new ones. Men!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Outline, outline, outline. If you have a good idea, I'd say think about what you see in your head for where it would go, then jot those down as points A-B. You're trying to get to Z, so figure what you'd like Z to be (are they married? Are they dead? Etc). Brainstorm major plot points/cliffhangers/key moments and skeleton them out, then see if you can fill in the blanks.

That's about all I got.
        And then sometimes you get struck with inspiration when a better idea develops halfway through the story.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Anuna, I signed up for NaNoWriMo this year and started writing last night. My story has already changed three times (just a little, but enough to take it in a different direction) and I'm only a little over 2000 words in....I've decided to just let it go...if it's crap, I'll change it later....

speaking of....I'm writing an youth/YA fantasy story...anyone know anything about faeries? I've done a little research, but need all the info I can get my hands on...
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            And they obviously were not among the chosen. LOL
            *snerks*

Woot! Post post post. With all the new folks and old folks returning we should hit 90,000 in no time. Without spamming.
            I can't wait for SyFy to start running SGA on weekdays again, we could do mini-post-a-thons again and play 'spot the Sparky eye!sex.' That's always a fun group activity!

I agree with everyone else. They're too busy to bother worrying and with Old!Liz and Old!John they already know what they will look like. John will hate the aching joints though. Not that I would know anything about that.
            Or Lizzie's bum knee.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I want to get to 90,000 before December 1! C'mon Sparkies, we can do it!
              I love this mission. Yes we can do it.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              Yes! Especially if you play on clay courts, I love clay courts!
              It's tiring to play on it but it's funny because we can slide on clay courts.lol

About fanfiction: One of my friend write a lot of fanfictions (but not for the good show lol) and she always start her stories with this quote "The fanfiction is a way for the culture repairing the damage caused in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of people" ans she adds "this is my contribution to the reconstruction"lol.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                Like my granddad. The man has never been sick in 85 years, and now he has a fracture of the femoral neck, with which he kept walking around (!!!) and complains how horrible it is when the body gives out. When they fixed it he wouldn't stay in bed for a single day and basically drove everyone nuts, removing the syringes from his arm and sneaking of into the bathroom to have a smoke. And then he got really angry when they put in new ones. Men!
                Men of that generation in particular. My dad was taking no medication until he was diagnosed with leukemia at age 80. He lived another 9 years and always said he'd be in perfect health if it wasn't for that blasted leukemia. LOL Sure dad. Right up until his last day he was telling the nurses and docs he felt fine and asking how they were.

And then there's my husband who had a plantar's wart removed from the bottom of his foot. A week later he was complaining that it was still sore. A little investigation revealed that he had been riding the exercise bike at the gym every day. I suggested maybe he'd want to lay off that for awhile. "Oh yeah, maybe that would help." *headdesk*

I can see John thinking he could do at age 80 what he did at 40 and Elizabeth gently leading him in the right direction. You gotta protect that fragile male ego. LOL
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                  Hee, some of them never really age and keep acting as if they were boys. I can imagine John like that, and Elizabeth rolling her eyes at him. I think they'd both stay physically fit, go hiking, walking, doing stuff together outdoors because they're both adventurers. She'd be more snarky and John would soften up a bit and tell funny heartfelt stories just to make her laugh. They'd be one of those couples who'd spend their entire life loving each other, and one wouldn't outlive the other much - something like Johnny Cash and his wife June. *sniffle*
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    About fanfiction: One of my friend write a lot of fanfictions (but not for the good show lol) and she always start her stories with this quote "The fanfiction is a way for the culture repairing the damage caused in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of people" ans she adds "this is my contribution to the reconstruction"lol.
                    LOL! I love that!

Comment

Hee, some of them never really age and keep acting as if they were boys. I can imagine John like that, and Elizabeth rolling her eyes at him. I think they'd both stay physically fit, go hiking, walking, doing stuff together outdoors because they're both adventurers. She'd be more snarky and John would soften up a bit and tell funny heartfelt stories just to make her laugh. They'd be one of those couples who'd spend their entire life loving each other, and one wouldn't outlive the other much - something like Johnny Cash and his wife June. *sniffle*
                      *sniffle* indeed. We already saw that she had softened John up a bit from Carter's comment in S4 that he was influenced by being in Weir's old office. I forget which ep. But I loved that they included that idea.
                      sigpic

Comment

*giggles* that's fantastic!
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

Comment

*sniffle* indeed. We already saw that she had softened John up a bit from Carter's comment in S4 that he was influenced by being in Weir's old office. I forget which ep. But I loved that they included that idea.
                          It was during Doppelganger.
                          sigpic

Comment

They totally would do that. *joins in the sniffle train*

I like the idea of them doing outdoors-oriented activities. Hiking, camping, horseback riding through a forest to have a picnic lunch... *sighs*

Comment

LOL! I love that!
                              Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                              *giggles* that's fantastic!
                              It also means that you, writers on this thread, have a lof of works with SGA. It's a big "building site".
                              sigpic

Comment

It was during Doppelganger.
                                Written by Robert C. Cooper. And didn't JoeF say that Cooper understood Sheppard better than anyone else?

It also means that you, writers on this thread, have a lof of works with SGA. It's a big "building site".
                                Heh. I've heard it said that the quality of fanfiction is in inverse proportion to the quality of the source material. Meaning, the worse the source material is, the better the fanfiction is in comparison. Funny, that.

Comment

Working...
                                X