Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
    There's not enough pictures in this thread anymore. I miss pictures.
    Love!!!!!!!!!! You best freaking remember who this is, this time!

Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
      Love!!!!!!!!!! You best freaking remember who this is, this time!

love all the screen caps that aare going up.... we need new wallpapers... i have just about got all of them....
      i am having cravings...... *wallpapers*
      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

That JM blog was mysterious indeed. Maybe by the balancing of Carrot Cake Ice-Cream ingredients he is referring to the balance of shippy elements in the show (as others have pointed out). Or most likely, is just messing with us. He is clearly trying to cover the complaints of both sides--those who thought the ep leaned too much toward Shep/Weir and those who thought it leaned too much toward Shep/Teyla. Maybe there is going to be running theme of carrot cake now lol.

Anyway, did anyone think Shep's
        Spoiler:
        strong reactions to Weir indicate his frustration over not being able to control her. Or, perhaps, her refusal to be totally dependent on Shep?

Also, does anyone else find it significant that we get a half confession of deep feelings form Shep in "Thirty Eight Minutes" (the first bug attack ep) and an almost admittance from Weir about her feelings from Shep the SECOND time he has a horrible Warith/bug bite?

Just curious to see if anyone has thoughts on that,

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
          That JM blog was mysterious indeed. Maybe by the balancing of Carrot Cake Ice-Cream ingredients he is referring to the balance of shippy elements in the show (as others have pointed out). Or most likely, is just messing with us. He is clearly trying to cover the complaints of both sides--those who thought the ep leaned too much toward Shep/Weir and those who thought it leaned too much toward Shep/Teyla. Maybe there is going to be running theme of carrot cake now lol.

Spoiler:
          strong reactions to Weir indicate his frustration over not being able to control her. Or, perhaps, her refusal to be totally dependent on Shep?

Also, does anyone else find it significant that we get a half confession of deep feelings form Shep in "Thirty Eight Minutes" (the first bug attack ep) and an almost admittance from Weir about her feelings from Shep the SECOND time he has a horrible Warith/bug bite?

Royal
          i agrre it is a little strange.. but i like strange...
          Spoiler:
          i do see the whole she/weir thing going on in the buggin out episodes, but i hope they gve us something a little more tangable in the future eps...

hats what i think even though it may be asking too much... i hope not though

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch

Heh. Might be what he's saying...very well could be. It makes as much sense of that as anything I could think up. TPTB like generating 'talk' and 'debate' as much as possible.

Spoiler:

YES! Royal, you have hit upon a great point and one angle I don't think we've looked at closely enough.
            Spoiler:
            Everything Shep did from the start of his transformation to the eventual end was about 'control'. Teyla didn't/couldn't/was afraid to stand up to him-but Elizabeth was able to. Even at the end, with her life on the line, she faced him in the eyes and stood up to the evil power overtaking him. In her office, the wraithbug/john mixture told her "This is MY life!" And her answer- "I know that." He was forced to hand her the keys and let her drive...let her make his decisions for him. We probably should look at that aspect a lot closer.

Hmmmm...I hadn't really thought much about that. Interesting. I don't know if there's much to make out of it. If you really wanted to get 'into' symbolism, you could say that John is/will be transforming as a person and Elizabeth will be the reason/catalyst.

Royal
            Good post Royal. Interesting thoughts.

-B

Comment

I hate carrot cake. Vegatables do not belong in cake.

::runs far from any comments from TPTB::

Comment

'sigh' It's official. I am...well not really obsessed...ok obsessed with this pairing! I spent part of the last three days reading J/E fics at ff.net. They're my new favorite ship! I guess it is because it is a ship that might actually have a chance. Unlike S/J there are no regs between them because she's a civilian, right?

I finished my J/E fic today. Just click on the link in my sig if you want to read it. I'm already starting a new one.

Spoiler:
                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

random s/w sig if anybody wants . . . just credit.

and, yes, apparently I'm taking requests.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                  I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                  Spoiler:
                  Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Finished my second Shep/Weir vid.

When the Heartache Ends
                    Song by: Rob Thomas
                    Size: 10.8MB
                    Spoilers: Season 2, up to Conversion
                    Notes: Sheppard and Weir angst. Inspired by all the post-Conversion Sparky fics I read about how Elizabeth and John stick by each other through the worst of times.

Enjoy! (I hope)

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
                      McKay: Elizabeth...why are rubbing John's leg!?

I'm no good at thinking of questions but i'm all for Q&A/deep analysis over the hiatus. Also putting in a request for Very Secret Atlantis Journals Season 2. Pretty please Athena Or had you planned on doing them over the S2-S3 break...or just not at all?

Whistler, i love your sig and i'm snagging the johnElizabeth one Of course i'll credit. Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                        'sigh' It's official. I am...well not really obsessed...ok obsessed with this pairing! I spent part of the last three days reading J/E fics at ff.net. They're my new favorite ship! I guess it is because it is a ship that might actually have a chance. Unlike S/J there are no regs between them because she's a civilian, right?

I finished my J/E fic today. Just click on the link in my sig if you want to read it. I'm already starting a new one.
                        love the fan ficc... i had already read it... i have put you on my author alert list and am ready and waiting for any new stuff you might have

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          Oops, wasn't clear enough. I was talking about The Eye. John shoots Kolya and saves Elizabeth, and then after she tells him that no, she's not all right, he tells her she will be. Then he grabs her hand and they run out of the gate room together. It's all out of frame, but you can tell that he reaches forward and grabs her hand to get her moving. I've wondered for a while now if that was scripted, or just something JF did.
                          Ah, okay. Makes much more sense now!

Comment

ooohh i love that scene... it is my favourite from the 1st season

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                              As far as I can gather, there are fraternization regulations for officers and civilians working under their leadership (which puts Shep/Teyla in the exact situation as Jack/Sam), but civilians over officers is so unusual that there are no regulations covering the topic. So a relationship between Sheppard and Weir is not against the letter of the law (though there's still the whole ethical and professional subject, but that can be sorted out. Angstilly. )

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                              Finished my second Shep/Weir vid.

When the Heartache Ends
                              Song by: Rob Thomas
                              Size: 10.8MB
                              Spoilers: Season 2, up to Conversion
                              Notes: Sheppard and Weir angst. Inspired by all the post-Conversion Sparky fics I read about how Elizabeth and John stick by each other through the worst of times.

Enjoy! (I hope)
                              Saw that posted in LJ, but I couldn't get the download there to work. Got it via this link, and I'm glad I did. That's a wonderful vid!

a time to mourn

Comment

Ill second that. I really like that song and it reminds me of Shep/Weir. Well done Blue

Lovebar made by natz099
                                My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Working...
                                X