Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it wrong that I'm 16 and understand the Dallas reference completely? lol

I understand what you're saying but I agree with KrisRussel that the reason everyone hated the 'it was a dream' thing is because that season had been really good. I'm sure some were happy that Bobby was back though.

I mean who here would REALLY (I mean REALLY!!) hate it if it turned out season 4 and 5 where a nanite induced dream? It would mean we have Elizabeth AND Sparky back...I'm sure the majority of fans (even Sheylas...they hated that Teyla's baby wasn't John's...so even they would like a clean slate) wouldn't really care.

To be fair though, it's my theory so that's why I'm defending it...I'm probably bias! haha

Edit: Oh and thanks for the welcome backs! lol
    Last edited by Stargatecrazy; 15 July 2009, 04:51 AM. Reason: To thank people
    FORGIVE TPTB-but only after they've been taken out and shot!
    ***Elizabeth- the soul of Atlantis***
    sigpic
    Made for me by Chicky!

Comment

Wow! A ton of new voices this month, that's awesome! I'm so excited, because it just goes to show how strong Sparky is, despite a) show ending b) two years without one of the two regularly on and c) denials from some official camps.

Sparky just rules.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

And here I come to spoil everybody's mood. But in my defense, I blame Leann Rimes or at least my local radio station for playing her song that inspired this diabolical little angsty plot bunny.

First of all the song that inspired the little fic. Tissues ready? And here we go.

Spoiler:
        Probably Wouldn't Be This Way

I probably wouldn't be this way
        I probably wouldn't hurt so bad
        I never pictured every minute without you in it
        Oh you left so fast
        Sometimes I see you standing there
        Sometimes it's like I'm losing touch
        Sometimes I feel that I'm so lucky to have had the chance to love this much
        God gave me a moment's grace
        'Cause if I'd never seen your face

“McKay keeps trying to fix me up with some friend of Keller's. I told him I'm not ready, but you know how he is.

Everybody says she'd have to be crazy to go out with me. I tend to agree, but we'll see. Maybe someday.

Oh, I finally moved back to my old quarters. I didn't need so much space and it's closer to the control room. So.

I guess now I don't have an excuse not to run down there every time someone thinks they need me huh?”

I'm probably going on and on
        It seems I'm doing more of that these days.

“Torren is getting really big. You should see him. And now that he's walking, he's really giving Teyla and Kanaan a run for their money. Literally. Haha.

Ronon thinks it's time to start teaching the little guy how to fight, but I'm not so sure.

We haven't seen much of our buddy Todd lately. I guess he's handling things pretty well on his own out there.

Which reminds me, I think we finally tracked down and destroyed the last Wraith outpost. Let's hope so anyway. Zelenka says he hasn't seen any Wraith activity on the long range scanners for weeks. So we're keeping our fingers crossed.

You know...uh...Rodney says I should stop talking to you and I guess most of the others tend to agree with him. Or think I'm weird but are too polite or scared of me to say so.

And Carson thinks I should just move on, but not yet. Not quite yet. We still have a lot to talk about.

You should see the way they all look at me when they see me standing out here on our balcony talking to you.

They all think I've lost my mind. But me, I just take it day by day.”

Oh you left so fast

“You'll probably laugh but sometimes I think I see you standing there. I guess because we spent so much time out here when you were...you know...alive.

And other times I feel your hand on my face. Maybe it's just the wind but I don't really think so.

I think we still have a connection and right now, 'Lizbeth, I don't know what I would do if I lost that.

Did I ever tell you how lucky I feel to have had the chance to love you?”

I probably wouldn't be this way.

“So, I guess that's all the news for today. Ronon is waiting to go for a run and Woolsey said something about going over fitness reports.

I think they're just trying to distract me and keep me busy, but life must go on I guess.

Anyway...I still miss you...and I still love you.

I'll talk to you tomorrow.”

“Cause if I'd never seen your face
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
          Oh God oh God. xD Okay, would it be too much trouble to read this newbie-esque fic (and little add-on) of mine? Criticism helps me with my writing. My disclaimer? I'm not saying my stories are funny (even though they may be listed under the 'humor' genre) and I am still in high school, so yeah... *goes into hiding*

Isabel

Of Recognition and Acceptance
          You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed off. These stories are great and in no way can you tell you're still in highschool. Please write more because I can't wait to read more of your work.

Originally posted by Stargatecrazy View Post
          Is it wrong that I'm 16 and understand the Dallas reference completely? lol

I understand what you're saying but I agree with KrisRussel that the reason everyone hated the 'it was a dream' thing is because that season had been really good. I'm sure some were happy that Bobby was back though.

I mean who here would REALLY (I mean REALLY!!) hate it if it turned out season 4 and 5 where a nanite induced dream? It would mean we have Elizabeth AND Sparky back...I'm sure the majority of fans (even Sheylas...they hated that Teyla's baby wasn't John's...so even they would like a clean slate) wouldn't really care.

To be fair though, it's my theory so that's why I'm defending it...I'm probably bias! haha

Edit: Oh and thanks for the welcome backs! lol
          Like I said, I love the idea of s4 & s5 being a nanite induced coma... if only this would be the storyline of the movie!!
          Yeah, yeah, wishful thinking... I know...
          From "Sunday" on the show went down the drain, so I really don't think many fans would mind this scenario at all.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Wow! A ton of new voices this month, that's awesome! I'm so excited, because it just goes to show how strong Sparky is, despite a) show ending b) two years without one of the two regularly on and c) denials from some official camps.

Sparky just rules.
          Hear Hear!!
          Sparky lives!!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Spoiler:

Oh you left so fast

“McKay keeps trying to fix me up with some friend of Keller's. I told him I'm not ready, but you know how he is.

Everybody says she'd have to be crazy to go out with me. I tend to agree, but we'll see. Maybe someday.

Oh, I finally moved back to my old quarters. I didn't need so much space and it's closer to the control room. So.

I guess now I don't have an excuse not to run down there every time someone thinks they need me huh?”

“Torren is getting really big. You should see him. And now that he's walking, he's really giving Teyla and Kanaan a run for their money. Literally. Haha.

Ronon thinks it's time to start teaching the little guy how to fight, but I'm not so sure.

We haven't seen much of our buddy Todd lately. I guess he's handling things pretty well on his own out there.

Which reminds me, I think we finally tracked down and destroyed the last Wraith outpost. Let's hope so anyway. Zelenka says he hasn't seen any Wraith activity on the long range scanners for weeks. So we're keeping our fingers crossed.

You know...uh...Rodney says I should stop talking to you and I guess most of the others tend to agree with him. Or think I'm weird but are too polite or scared of me to say so.

And Carson thinks I should just move on, but not yet. Not quite yet. We still have a lot to talk about.

You should see the way they all look at me when they see me standing out here on our balcony talking to you.

Oh you left so fast

“You'll probably laugh but sometimes I think I see you standing there. I guess because we spent so much time out here when you were...you know...alive.

And other times I feel your hand on my face. Maybe it's just the wind but I don't really think so.

I think we still have a connection and right now, 'Lizbeth, I don't know what I would do if I lost that.

“So, I guess that's all the news for today. Ronon is waiting to go for a run and Woolsey said something about going over fitness reports.

I think they're just trying to distract me and keep me busy, but life must go on I guess.

*cries my eyes out* Aww that was sad. Beautifully written but ever so sad!! *insert crying sheppard smilie here* (My interenet's being too slow! lol)
            sigpic
            Made for me by Chicky!

Comment

And here I come to spoil everybody's mood. But in my defense, I blame Leann Rimes or at least my local radio station for playing her song that inspired this diabolical little angsty plot bunny.

First of all the song that inspired the little fic. Tissues ready? And here we go.

Spoiler:

Oh you left so fast

Oh you left so fast

*wipes away tear*
              Beautiful... simply beautiful...
              And I could totally see him do this and the others taking pity on him.
              Great job!

Sig by me

Comment

*cries my eyes out* Aww that was sad. Beautifully written but ever so sad!! *insert crying sheppard smilie here* (My interenet's being too slow! lol)
                Thanks. Sorry to make everybody cry.

Maybe this will help.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Sorry to make everybody cry.

Maybe this will help.
                  That little .gif was great. I like how Shep's eyes bugged out.

Nice fic too.
                  Last edited by pkprd869; 15 July 2009, 06:31 AM.
                  "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Maybe this will help.
                    OMG that's SO cute!!! SQUEE lol

My internet's being a little bit faster now, so here's the missing shep smilie from earlier:
                    sigpic
                    Made for me by Chicky!

Comment

I hate my job. It prevents me from coming on this site. Now I’m late. I have 5 stories to read, one theory on SGA and hear a song. These are my homework. This thread will never stop and it’s great. These are my homework. And moreover, my mom yells at me because she wants to see the next episode of SGA….
                      Oh and today, I spoke with Weir (an english customer where I work). Unfortunately, it was not Elizabeth because it was Mister Weir. I didn't know that John take the name of Elizabeth after their wedding.lol
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Spoiler:

Oh you left so fast

Oh you left so fast

Wonderful. *applauds*
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          I hate my job. It prevents me from coming on this site. Now I’m late. I have 5 stories to read, one theory on SGA and hear a song. These are my homework. This thread will never stop and it’s great. These are my homework. And moreover, my mom yells at me because she wants to see the next episode of SGA….
                          Oh and today, I spoke with Weir (an english customer where I work). Unfortunately, it was not Elizabeth because it was Mister Weir. I didn't know that John take the name of Elizabeth after their wedding.lol
                          Don't worry. We won't punish you if your homework is late. LOL

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          Wonderful. *applauds*
                          Thanks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! It's another Angsty Dramatic Wednesday!

SR, that fic was so very angsty indeed! Poor John, I can totally picture him going out to The Balcony alone every day to talk to Elizabeth. And everyone else is so worried about him and thinking he's losing it... waaaaahhh! *cries*

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
                            Oh God oh God. xD Okay, would it be too much trouble to read this newbie-esque fic (and little add-on) of mine? Criticism helps me with my writing. My disclaimer? I'm not saying my stories are funny (even though they may be listed under the 'humor' genre) and I am still in high school, so yeah... *goes into hiding*

Isabel

Of Recognition and Acceptance
                            Oh, those are wonderful! Honestly, I wouldn't have known you were in high school if you hadn't mentioned it, because you write like a experienced adult. These stories have a great balance of humor and tenderness that anyone can enjoy.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            Oh, Sparky is far from gone forever. On the contrary really. Especially if you consider how our ship is officially none-existent and (like someone else put so beautifully) floating in space with barely any hope of recovery.
                            But then again, we do have constant on-screen proof of our ship and we have some amazing writers and artists, and that also helps a lot to keep a ship alive.
                            Sparky is the best fandom with the best fans in the universe. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Oh, I really am. She's gonna be like: "Oh my, he really said that?" or something
                            And you better ask Joe about it
                            Don't worry, I will!

*grins and hi5's SK*
                            You have to love Sedge on Atlantis
                            You betcha! Ohhhh, can you imagine John playing fetch with Sedge in the water while Lizzie is sitting nearby, all wrapped up in a blanket and resting because she's still recovering from her rescue, and giggling her head off at John being silly? Squee! *huggles Sedge*

Hey Guys!

I'm not exactly new here...I just haven't been on here for absolutely AGES! lol

Shame that Stargate Atlantis finished with only 3 seasons isn't it? *is NOT in denial* haha

I have a theory about Seasons 4 and 5 which feeds my denial if anyone wants to check it out. My Theory

So yeah...I'm a bit bummed out that we no longer get to see Sparky on screen, even just standing next to each other had me SQUEEing lol...but I'll just have to go and watch Echoes (my fave episode) again...

*wanders off after something shiney*

Oh and Anuna I LOVE your signature banner!!!!!!!!
                            So it's not welcome, but rather, welcome back! Hooray!

I love that theory! Maybe it's a little Dallas-ish, but it's a scenario that totally fits in with the show. And yeah, I don't think anyone, regardless of what side of the shipping fence they're on, would argue with dumping Seasons 4 and 5 in a retcon that resets the show to a pre-Sunday mode.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey Guys!

I'm not exactly new here...I just haven't been on here for absolutely AGES! lol

Shame that Stargate Atlantis finished with only 3 seasons isn't it? *is NOT in denial* haha

I have a theory about Seasons 4 and 5 which feeds my denial if anyone wants to check it out. My Theory

So yeah...I'm a bit bummed out that we no longer get to see Sparky on screen, even just standing next to each other had me SQUEEing lol...but I'll just have to go and watch Echoes (my fave episode) again...

*wanders off after something shiney*

Oh and Anuna I LOVE your signature banner!!!!!!!!
                              Love that theory and it's nice to see you here; I've read your work on fanfiction.net and it's the best!

I absolutely loved both fics. I can't believe you're only in high school. You write with a very mature voice. And speaking as the grammar Nazi, your use of words and correct spelling thrill me.
                              Thank you! That means a lot to me. I'm also sort of a grammar Nazi myself.

Spoiler:

Oh you left so fast

Oh you left so fast

Oh man, I'm tearing up! It's very beautiful.

You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed off. These stories are great and in no way can you tell you're still in highschool. Please write more because I can't wait to read more of your work.
                              Thanks so much. I feel a bit more confident now.
                              rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Something to lighten the mood just because I wanna.

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X