Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    Ohhh...you two are making me just sigh in pleasure. ; )

It is inevitable -no doubt about it. It's that obvious to me. And Mel...I'm with you on 'that look' she gave him when she denied him the only thing that he could have asked of her that was too much for Elizabeth to ever handle. I wanted to melt when she said it that way. It was just...incredible.

-B
    Awww...me melting too !!!..one couldn`t see wraithyJohn`s face but that whole scene was conveyed through the "eye angst". Joe & Torri did great

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
    - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Originally posted by seetheship
      Awww...me melting too !!!..one couldn`t see wraithyJohn`s face but that whole scene was conveyed through the "eye angst". Joe & Torri did great
      I love that line from zero. point. snark. !!! Has she posted her review yet!? I bet it'll be a dandy! ; ) I can almost laugh thinking about it.

-B

Comment

Would someone out there be willing to make a vid for John and Elizabeth using Ginny Owen's song, "If You Want Me To"? I know it's been used for Farscape, but it really works for J/E too. I mean, those lyrics are so them.

Any takers?

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
          I love that line from zero. point. snark. !!! Has she posted her review yet!? I bet it'll be a dandy! ; ) I can almost laugh thinking about it.

-B
          No zero.point.snark reviews for the week up yet. They must be tied up with university studies, or something silly like that.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Wow, after three days of not having time to hang 'round here, it really is good to be back! And trust me- three days is an awfully long time, especially because of the rate that you post at!

The more I hear about TLG the more I want to see it. What I would love to see evolve on atlantis it the control that members of the team have on the coo technology via their genes.

Maybe
            Spoiler:
            in TLG a second gene is discovered and Elizabeth has it. It could be a stronger version of the first that needs a higher degree of control to use it properly. That could be why it took so long for the Atlantis team to realise that it exists.
            I suppost that it's a long shot, but it's something that I would like to see happen in the series alot.

Originally posted by bama
            Maybe if we chant she'll get the review up faster?
            We want Zero.point.snark, we want Zero.point.snark...

*scuttles off to watch Lost.*

Comment

For some reason my Tivo didn't get the previews for the finale. I saw the teeny-tiny clip @ Scifidotcom and...
              Spoiler:

The team is trapped in an alternate reality???? WTF?? Where did this come from??

'Splainy?

Comment

Other things I liked:
                Spoiler:
                After he wakes up from the coma and Elizabeth immediately comes closer to the bed, almost leaning forward. Even after what happened before she is close by him (yeah I know he had restrains on but still) and then walks alongside him (very closely) to the gate.

And the scene where he remarks on her bedside manners and then adds in a lower voice (or a whisper) that he appreciates her trying. I liked that

Comment

Hey B... look you @ 750!!! I think ZPS is getting hit every 2 min at LJ.......It`s probably the next best thing after this thread for Sparky! goodness. Definitely a post-ep must!.......
                  and oh yes.....I also rec http://www.livejournal.com/users/phrenitis/73828.html? for 'Conversion" Sparky!picspam

_________

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
                  - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    Yeah, that's what I think too. Most of what we've seen with her is the leader, but occasionally we get glimpses of a warmer woman who cares deeply and wants friendship and love – in all forms – in Atlantis. The popcorn scene in Hide and Seek, the War and Peace scene of Home, the gate room scene in The Eye, most of Before I Sleep, and the hug of Siege III were all little glimpses of that. And we got wonderful, wonderful warmth in Conversion too.

I had a point to that... oh yeah! The common thread is what brought out that warmth in these scenes – John.
                    I think Elizabeth is someone who can get out of her head and enjoy life. I think that's part of what I like about her.

Sam as the female character on SG-1 has always seemed to be stuck in her head and on her doohickeys. Probably also why I never could see S/J.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                      Other things I liked:
                      Spoiler:
                      After he wakes up from the coma and Elizabeth immediately comes closer to the bed, almost leaning forward. Even after what happened before she is close by him (yeah I know he had restrains on but still) and then walks alongside him (very closely) to the gate.

And the scene where he remarks on her bedside manners and then adds in a lower voice (or a whisper) that he appreciates her trying. I liked that

You know, that is a great point!
                      Spoiler:
                      It is she who walks by his side in his darkest hour...(oh NO hidden meaning *there* I'm sure...pffftttt.) After the attack, after all she'd put up with out of the wraith 'side' of him, and although her own hope was almost vanished, she still wanted to be the one to go to him in the infirmary and offer that one last chance for him to save himself. And uh, John honey, if you didn't notice, I don't *think* that was exactly ...protocol. ; ) The woman did everything but turn rocks over to save you man.

-B ; )

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        No zero.point.snark reviews for the week up yet. They must be tied up with university studies, or something silly like that.
                        Pffftt... really. Some people need to get their priorities straight!

Comment

Originally posted by leafy
                          The more I hear about TLG the more I want to see it. What I would love to see evolve on atlantis it the control that members of the team have on the coo technology via their genes.

Maybe
                          Spoiler:
                          in TLG a second gene is discovered and Elizabeth has it. It could be a stronger version of the first that needs a higher degree of control to use it properly. That could be why it took so long for the Atlantis team to realise that it exists.
                          I suppost that it's a long shot, but it's something that I would like to see happen in the series alot.
                          Leafy, good to see you back round gal. ; )

I like the idea of the second gene. There is just soooo much about the city and the ancients that they don't know yet. I always enjoy the stories that take place on atlantis the absolute most because it keeps john and elizabeth together and jointly central to whatever is going on and I'm not really big on the badguy of the week offworld stories...they all seem somewhat alike to me and it's too much like sg1 which I can only mildly get into.

-B

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskhah
                            You say that as if it were a bad thing... and as if you weren't one of us.
                            I'm really a 'covert' Sheyla on an undercover 'mission' to information gather and spread false hopes among you. Heh heh...

Comment

Convert them all i say... bring them into the goodness that is Sheppard/Weir...
                              i love this ship... love it love it love it!!!!!

gotta fly see y'all tonight!
                              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

After Conversion, should we say that John is one of her main weaknesses?

Comment

Working...
                                X