Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Yes, and I find this very interesting. Sounds like the plot for the next movie to me.

Shannon writes: “The previous question about Weir left me wondering – do you think the robot Weir is awake while floating through space or did she shut down?”

Answer: Her system – and the systems of her fellow replictors – have shut down. However, if anyone is foolish enough to mount a recovery and then attempt to awake them, they’d be asking for trouble.

And a bit OT but I couldn't help but notice this questions also.

Spoiler:
    Venya writes: “Does Sheppard’s infatuation with Teyla have anything to do with his ex-wife?”

Answer: Sheppard is infatuated with Teyla?
    I never expected the return to the Weir storyline, but it's kinda nice that he acknowledges she could be rescued. And, has inadvertently posed an interesting plotline for future stories, as in 'what if John and co. really DID go back and get her and accidentally set off the other replicators?'

Not a bad plot. Certainly not as farfetched as some of the other SGA storylines.

*le SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHH* Sorry I'm a slacker guys. Since I got back from England, I honestly haven't had a weekend (or week) to myself, and it's no better this week. But I'll be covering an NCAA regional baseball tournament later this week/weekend, and my mornings should be free, so hopefully I can watch Sunday again finally and do a recap. I do want to get through the last four episodes of Season 3 before SK's 'post-athons' catch up to them (otherwise we'll be doing double episode duty).

Here's a question for you guys, though...my intention was to go through the 'Elizabeth' episodes of S4/S5--Adrift, Lifeline, TMC and GITM, with mentions of other 'Elizabeth moments' (like in Reunion/BAMSR) on the side. After that, I was going to stop. For one thing, this being the Sparky thread it doesn't make sense to do discussion/recaps with non-Elizabeth episodes, and two, I am not the best schooled in the latter parts of S4/S5.

I will have a final special treat at the end, and I believe Anuna was going to do a Vegas version with a Sparky twist.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      I never expected the return to the Weir storyline, but it's kinda nice that he acknowledges she could be rescued. And, has inadvertently posed an interesting plotline for future stories, as in 'what if John and co. really DID go back and get her and accidentally set off the other replicators?'

Not a bad plot. Certainly not as farfetched as some of the other SGA storylines.

*le SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHH* Sorry I'm a slacker guys. Since I got back from England, I honestly haven't had a weekend (or week) to myself, and it's no better this week. But I'll be covering an NCAA regional baseball tournament later this week/weekend, and my mornings should be free, so hopefully I can watch Sunday again finally and do a recap. I do want to get through the last four episodes of Season 3 before SK's 'post-athons' catch up to them (otherwise we'll be doing double episode duty).

Here's a question for you guys, though...my intention was to go through the 'Elizabeth' episodes of S4/S5--Adrift, Lifeline, TMC and GITM, with mentions of other 'Elizabeth moments' (like in Reunion/BAMSR) on the side. After that, I was going to stop. For one thing, this being the Sparky thread it doesn't make sense to do discussion/recaps with non-Elizabeth episodes, and two, I am not the best schooled in the latter parts of S4/S5.

I will have a final special treat at the end, and I believe Anuna was going to do a Vegas version with a Sparky twist.
      Sounds good to me. I can help with details from any eps you haven't seen. And we'd probably get modded if we got into the non-Sparky ones. LOL
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Anuna will do Vegas with a Sparky twist indeed. Just tell me when you're in the mood for it.

Hm. Are we just going to call it quits when we're done with discussing eps? I'd love to have more discussion with you guys, and maybe now is a good moment to decide how do we go about it, if you're up for it. And I really hope you are.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Yes, and I find this very interesting. Sounds like the plot for the next movie to me.

Shannon writes: “The previous question about Weir left me wondering – do you think the robot Weir is awake while floating through space or did she shut down?”

Answer: Her system – and the systems of her fellow replictors – have shut down. However, if anyone is foolish enough to mount a recovery and then attempt to awake them, they’d be asking for trouble.

And a bit OT but I couldn't help but notice this questions also.

Spoiler:
          Venya writes: “Does Sheppard’s infatuation with Teyla have anything to do with his ex-wife?”

Answer: Sheppard is infatuated with Teyla?

LOL @ the OT bit.

But. We do know John has a tendency of making foolish decisions and doing foolish things. let's not even mention his looking for trouble talents. I find it completely in tune with his character to mount the mentioned rescue mission. In fact, it would be a great plot for the movie, because saying "We don't leave our men behind" while Elizabeth is floating in space is just a shameful thing to do.

Okay, maybe they're not leaving men behind, but only women? Who happen to be civilian leaders?

Anyway guys, I have a question for you - once we're done with episode reviews, how do you feel about doing an in depth analysis of Sparky relationship and how it developed through seasons? We could break it down by episodes, or come up with a different way of doing discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            LOL @ the OT bit.

But. We do know John has a tendency of making foolish decisions and doing foolish things. let's not even mention his looking for trouble talents. I find it completely in tune with his character to mount the mentioned rescue mission. In fact, it would be a great plot for the movie, because saying "We don't leave our men behind" while Elizabeth is floating in space is just a shameful thing to do.

Okay, maybe they're not leaving men behind, but only women? Who happen to be civilian leaders?

Anyway guys, I have a question for you - once we're done with episode reviews, how do you feel about doing an in depth analysis of Sparky relationship and how it developed through seasons? We could break it down by episodes, or come up with a different way of doing discussions.
            I am good with that. I love discussion based on canon. I say we start from the beginning with pictures to back up every little Sparky moment.
            sigpic

Comment

I am good with that. I love discussion based on canon. I say we start from the beginning with pictures to back up every little Sparky moment.
              Yes. YesYesYes. Lots of pretty pictures can inspire our beloved fellow artists. (where are Torri and Reiko?)

Comment

Yes. YesYesYes. Lots of pretty pictures can inspire our beloved fellow artists. (where are Torri and Reiko?)
                Dunno. Torri was around recently. I haven't seen Reiko for awhile. She usually keeps things going really well. We need fresh ideas!
                sigpic

Comment

LOL @ the OT bit.

I'm in favor of that too. I love heady discussion, it's my stress relief, even if you wouldn't think it...

Comment

I'm in favor of that too. I love heady discussion, it's my stress relief, even if you wouldn't think it...
                    Yes, I know what you mean! And I'm very interested in your special surprise

Comment

It certainly focuses the mind that's for sure. With lots of big words and smart sounding ideas! We are so very clever. *strokes chin*

OT
                      Spoiler:
                      My son has a beard. He says stroking it when you make a point makes you look smarter. LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

It certainly focuses the mind that's for sure. With lots of big words and smart sounding ideas! We are so very clever. *strokes chin*

OT
                        Spoiler:
                        My son has a beard. He says stroking it when you make a point makes you look smarter. LOL
                        I concure with your son, though if there is anything to stroke on this chin that might be scary. *strokes chin*

Comment

I concure with your son, though if there is anything to stroke on this chin that might be scary. *strokes chin*
                          *chinstroke*

Do you think John's beard made him look smarter? I would love to read a fic about Liz musings about John's beard. UST please, with some yummy RST at the end? A kiss perhaps?

Here's some inspiration:

Spoiler:

Comment

First - HELLO beloved Sparkies......RL has sucked me in lately, but I'm popping in to say a cheery hello!

Sounds good to me!

I'm up for that!

*chinstroke*

Do you think John's beard made him look smarter? I would love to read a fic about Liz musings about John's beard. UST please, with some yummy RST at the end? A kiss perhaps?

Here's some inspiration:

Spoiler:
                            I'd love to read a fic like that too! And what yummy inspiration.

OT (kinda)
                            Spoiler:

My hubby is growing out his goatee. He wants to get it long enough so I can put braids in it with little skull beads. Should I be worried? I must say, I think it looks good on him so far (no braids or skulls yet)....
                            sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                              OT (kinda)
                              Spoiler:

My hubby is growing out his goatee. He wants to get it long enough so I can put braids in it with little skull beads. Should I be worried? I must say, I think it looks good on him so far (no braids or skulls yet)....
                              Be afraid. Be very afraid.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ok, no beads please. John has that thick black beard, and Elizabeth thinks it looks "interesting". And then...?

Comment

Working...
                                X