Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The only place where many people gather every day... so, I have a question which could be rhetorical but you may answer if you really want to.

I'll put it under wraps cause it's a little OT:

Spoiler:
    How insane do you think I must be to want to do a musicvid to Reel Around The Sun from Riverdance?

^^That's from one of their performances, but the CD-version includes the tap-sounds, which I intend to use to indicate change and all that. It would be a season 1 to 5 vid...if I can manage cause I must be really insane. Oh yeah, and to add to the insanity I can only use windows movie maker.
    Sounds like a really good idea to me, not insane at all. Riverdance is awesome. Go for it!
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

The only place where many people gather every day... so, I have a question which could be rhetorical but you may answer if you really want to.

Spoiler:
      How insane do you think I must be to want to do a musicvid to Reel Around The Sun from Riverdance?

^^That's from one of their performances, but the CD-version includes the tap-sounds, which I intend to use to indicate change and all that. It would be a season 1 to 5 vid...if I can manage cause I must be really insane. Oh yeah, and to add to the insanity I can only use windows movie maker.
      Gee, will it surprise you if I say I love this idea?

Looks like if you attempt it, you'll have lots of cheerleaders here!
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Spoiler:

I'd love to see a vid made with that music... It would be very original.
        And you can do a lot of good things with WMM, you just need to be really patient sometimes

You know, I want to use as much of the original expedition as is possible, and highlight great (Sparky) moments in season 4. I definitely want grieving John, and BAMSR Elizabeth, Franibeth when she walks through the gate and glances back whistfully. Not sure what images I can use from season 5 though (apart from GITM).... that could proof to be problematic.

How is the Spark in season 5? I find that it usually means good team too, and many usable imagery.
        Spark in season 5 makes me go 'bwa'. There is some, but because 80% of s5 revolves around McKeller, the group dynamic that we loved so much in the first three seasons isn't that dominating anymore.
        The best angst John faces are definitively in Vegas and the face that almost made me cry in agony was the one he made after he saw Franibeth walk through the gate.

Sig by me

Comment

Mmm.... on that note, anyone know any other video programs I can use, that are maybe better than movie maker, and not so trying on the patience.

I know my way around Premiere, but I would need to acquire it again and my computer is too full to handle the amount of diskspace and virtual memory needed to make Premiere work.

And of course, woobie-faced John... he always makes for good vidding. So much emotion and no words.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Mmm.... on that note, anyone know any other video programs I can use, that are maybe better than movie maker, and not so trying on the patience.
            Before Premiere I used PowerDirector. It's sort of similar to WMM, but much better and it's got nice effects too. Very low learning curve, especially if you've worked with other editing programs before. And it's a fairly small program.

Sig by me

Comment

On a completely OT-note:

OMFG!! There's a new Star Trek trailer and it looks frakking AWESOME!!!
              *flails and faints*
              For people who are interested:
              http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo...er3_large.html

Sig by me

Comment

*watches tumbleweed blow by*

Sig by me

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies!

*joins KrisRussel in watching the tumbleweeds blow by*
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I know my way around Premiere, but I would need to acquire it again and my computer is too full to handle the amount of diskspace and virtual memory needed to make Premiere work.

And of course, woobie-faced John... he always makes for good vidding. So much emotion and no words.
                    I've heard some good stuff about Sony Vegas, though I've never worked with it myself. I think Anuna has, though.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Random announcement:

T-minus 23 hours and 30 minutes to this week's post-a-thon!

Comment

Checking it all out... Thanks.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Let there be life!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Random announcement:

T-minus 23 hours and 30 minutes to this week's post-a-thon!
                          Yay and I'll be able to join in

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            Let there be life!!
                            Muahahah!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            Yay and I'll be able to join in
                            Awesome! We'll be watching Michael and Inferno tomorrow... I imagine we'll have a lot of fun with those two!

Comment

Oh, and another random announcement: The tiebreaker round is over, final results are up. And check out the picspam of ships that Killdeer posted! Sparky's is from The Siege... right before The Hug.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Oh, and another random announcement: The tiebreaker round is over, final results are up. And check out the picspam of ships that Killdeer posted! Sparky's is from The Siege... right before The Hug.
                                Yeah, I looked at it earlier this afternoon. I absolutely love love love that pic of Sparky!
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X