Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    Hey Weirfan! What's the catch gal? ; ) YOU of all people, commenting on a happy john pic on the shep/weir board? If I didn't know better, I'd say we're turning you. Step closer to the light darlin...closer...it is blinding. *winks*

Great pic. We needed that.

-B
    Uh...not really, I'm a little more open to this ship since I've been around here. It's nice, and has become my second ship, mcweir is still my #1 but I'm seeing them a little more equal, love both, they just make sense.

I had to comment on John, he's so cute.
    McKay: I'm invulnerable!
    Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
    McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
    My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
      That's just mean, i don't like ppl being mean about Weir just cuz they're upset about their ship. Weir too old for Shep? *raises eybrow* That's just silly I believe the characters are around the same age, truthfully I think Shep's a little old for Teyla. I agree with you, its just mean to trash the actor cuz they dislike the character, poor Torri isn't reading message boards cuz of that.
      Torri probably said, 'Screw em', lit up another cig, found her another Canadian mountain to scale with her new beau and tossed em the finger around her backside. She is too cool. Smile Torri smile. ; )

*winks to you from the weirnut thread* ; )

-B

P.S. to the Weir/Shep shippers...one thing I love about the potential in this ship is that it can be a mature adult relationship. We get so few good long-termers these days on tv or film...

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
        Uh...not really, I'm a little more open to this ship since I've been around here. It's nice, and has become my second ship, mcweir is still my #1 but I'm seeing them a little more equal, love both, they just make sense.

I had to comment on John, he's so cute.
        You know I love the 'Rod'. His ego is the sexiest thing about him tho imo. ; ) I don't really have a 'second ship' yet...maybe I'll buy real estate in the tey/dex land with a little more prodding.

But I do *so* enjoy Eliz./Rodney scenes together. She just stays on his case all the time but in such an 'Elizabeth' way that you love her for it. ; )

Ok...back to regularly scheduled shep/weir drooling...
        *Waves hand to teacher and points at Weirfan* "SHE is distracting me from workin Miz Teacher!" *Sticks out tongue at Weirfan*

-B ; )

Comment

Torri probably said, 'Screw em', lit up another cig, found her another Canadian mountain to scale with her new beau and tossed em the finger around her backside. She is too cool. Smile Torri smile. ; )

Wow, I could totally believe that, she is way too cool, OMG I love her so much.

*winks back* I need to go over there soon.
          Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?

Comment

-B
            Honestly, I could see that too.

P.S. to the Weir/Shep shippers...one thing I love about the potential in this ship is that it can be a mature adult relationship. We get so few good long-termers these days on tv or film...
            True. Oh the potential that this relationship has....

Comment

Spoiler:
              "Sheppard becomes infected with a retrovirus which is slowly devolving him into an iratus bug, so Beckett, McKay, Ronon and Teyla go on a mission to find some bug eggs to use in a stem cell treatment that Beckett has come up with. Meanwhile, the major is slowly turning into a monster and wrestling with his human and more primal sides. The episode has some very strong emotional moments between Sheppard and Elizabeth, who is struggling with the very real possibility that she could lose him for good"

Yep...this episode is sounding SO good!

[/QUOTE]

There. I fixed it. Ah.... It reads way better now and I've melted into a pile of goo on the floor. ; )

I want her crying, desperate, breathless, incoherent, longing, needy, pissed, angry, frustrated, shocked, and telling him how she feels about this bleepin thing! Dadgumit! Turn it loose woman!

-B

P.S. No offense Elinor, but it had to be done. ; )

Comment

Mature? You want mature? *ROTFL*

Heck, that's why I like these two together. They TALK - they make decisions, they are INTELLIGENT. This isn't a relationship based soley on how "gorgeous" they look together.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  Mature? You want mature? *ROTFL*

Heck, that's why I like these two together. They TALK - they make decisions, they are INTELLIGENT. This isn't a relationship based soley on how "gorgeous" they look together.
                  FP, are you being snarky? ; ) Can't we drool just a bit?...hey they *do* look gorgeous together! But yeah, they do communicate-love it. They do make adult decisions *together*-love it. They do respect each other-love. They do support each other-oh yeah. They are becoming close friends above all-neccessity.

So many today take all of the above for granted when building a foundation for a relationship and imo, those are the very things a ship must have in place first if any kind of sexual attraction can go beyond a first kiss.

What a very fine ship.

-B ; )

Comment

FP, are you being snarky? ; ) Can't we drool just a bit?...hey they *do* look gorgeous together! But yeah, they do communicate-love it. They do make adult decisions *together*-love it. They do respect each other-love. They do support each other-oh yeah. They are becoming close friends above all-neccessity.

So many today take all of the above for granted when building a foundation for a relationship and imo, those are the very things a ship must have in place first if any kind of sexual attraction can go beyond a first kiss.

What a very fine ship.

-B ; )
                    Actually, the "gorgeous" remark was in regards to a different ship - the one where they never hold convo's and are just oh so "HOT" together. *LOL*

Shep and Weir ARE gorgeous together, but they do something different. .they TALK to each other.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

You know I love the 'Rod'. His ego is the sexiest thing about him tho imo. ; ) I don't really have a 'second ship' yet...maybe I'll buy real estate in the tey/dex land with a little more prodding.

But I do *so* enjoy Eliz./Rodney scenes together. She just stays on his case all the time but in such an 'Elizabeth' way that you love her for it. ; )

Ok...back to regularly scheduled shep/weir drooling...
                      *Waves hand to teacher and points at Weirfan* "SHE is distracting me from workin Miz Teacher!" *Sticks out tongue at Weirfan*

-B ; )

I love him too, and personally I think TPTB are shipping tey/dex too fast. If I see any actual canon ships, I'd like some more time perhaps, 3rd 4th season.
                      On Rodney real quick, hes so adoreable love him, I'm writing this really weird Liz dream fic (mostly mcweir with a hint of mcshweir) and have Rod dancing around in Scooby Doo boxers. (I know, I'm pretty weird)

I love their scenes together of course, one of the reasons why I'm a mcweirite.

*drools* Shep and Weir are sooo HOT, I love the actors and I think the same thing about another ship too.

Shep and Weir ARE gorgeous together, but they do something different. .they TALK to each other.
                      True, they do talk, personally I think shweir and mcweir are the only ships that have the emotional thing going for them. I mean we see John and Liz talking all the time and Liz and Rodney are really good friends. I love all 3 characters and would like to see more interaction between them all.

Comment

torrihigginson.info

Comment

Actually, the "gorgeous" remark was in regards to a different ship - the one where they never hold convo's and are just oh so "HOT" together. *LOL*

Ah...'gotcha'. ; ) Sarcasm is soooo difficult to communicate over the internet. We do pretty well most times I think around here though... *grin*

And we love talk...and more talk...and hugs and er...eye..er...'bonding'. ; )

-Bama ; )

Comment

Here's one you gals might find amusing...ripped from another board. I don't post much at all on these but it's just fun to see what the 'guys' and the 'anti shep/weir's are saying...

Ok i´ve read pretty outrageous stuff here and i feel like i must bring some sense and order to this topic-

I voted Sheppard and Weir, to me that is obvious . Each time he´s in danger she gets worried in an obvious way and you can always see what behind her ¨it´s good to have you back¨s all the time...

And now that Ronan is on the show you can see how he wants Tayla and he is more like her than Sheppard is and they have much more in common. My god Tayla is so sexy ! But i also saw Weir pictures in the forum from the convention wearing normal clothes and boy she has an awsome body.
                            ok little of topic here so to me it would be :

Ronan - Teyla
                            Sheppard - Weir

Posted on Aug 30 2005, 2:40 PM

I agree that Weir really likes Sheppard, but I just don't think he returns his feelings...
                            The way he always stands up for Teyla certainly makes me believe that he has feelings beyond friendship for her...

And in her case...well.... who could resist Shep?????

------

Am I the only one that finds it a little odd here that it seems more females are anti-Shep/weir than males?

-B

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'll do my best not to relurk.

On the subject of some people refusing to see what is in front of their eyes--My hubby, not one of the blind people, but one who is probably one of the least interested people in the world about the shipping world or who ends up with whom for the most part, though he has grown to appreciate Carter/Jack because it is so subtle, developed over time naturally, and you can make what you like of it either way, and it doesn't get in his way. He has heard several times from me of course how I think Teyla/John have no chemistry and Elizabeth/John do and how I wish TPTB didn't seem determined to press a relationship on us that they had decided on at the beginning and that just didn't work....He's heard that a few times. But anyway, we had watched Siege the week before and were somewhere in Intruder when he says out of the blue 'so they're putting Sheppard and Weir together now?' Astounding! He was seeing it himself. Because it was THERE on the screen in plain view. As I had two weeks before read in the tv guide that
                              Spoiler:
                              they John/Teyla were going to be having a flirtation, and formed my fears about the kiss,
                              I told him that TPTB weren't intending that at all, but that that is what we see natually about the couple and reiterating yet again that I wished TPTB could get over their preconceived ideas and see it for themselves. I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, I think and it is starting to annoy even me After reading so many optimistic posts and ideas on this thread, I've decided to be optimistic myself. There is a lot of time and show left in this series and the longterm is what we want anyway.

Marella smacks herself. Tortoise and the Hare. Gotta remember the Tortoise and the Hare.
                              Last edited by marella; 30 August 2005, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Am I the only one that finds it a little odd here that it seems more females are anti-Shep/weir than males?
                                Aren't a lot of the most rabid Sam bashers also female? Some of the same factors at play?

Comment

Working...
                                X