Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Okay, I have to ask (and forgive my ignorance)--how does someone in Eastern Europe become a Country Music fan?
    I was curious about that too -- are they lots of Country fans there? *is ignorant*

Here in the PNW we get a mish-mash of all kinds of music. I don't think there's any music specific to my region.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Okay, I have to ask (and forgive my ignorance)--how does someone in Eastern Europe become a Country Music fan?

I must admit, and don't hate me, but living in the South, I get way too much country music. I prefer metal and hard rock.

With lots of guitar.

I do love old school country, though. Johnny Cash rocks. Loretta Lynn and Willie Nelson fan, too. And Hank Williams (and HWJr).
      *giggle*

I think one of my uni - friends is to blame. She gave me a compilation to listen to, and the first song on it was "A boy called Sue" by Johnny Cash. I remeber I loved the compilation. "El Paso" by Marty Robbins and "Blue Eyes Crying In the Rain" stuck out. I wanted more Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson, and as I searched, I came across other artists. Other friend of mine got me hooked on several Alan Jackson songs. I discovered Alison Krauss all by myself and got my boyfriend hooked on it. SR got me hooked on Emmylou Harris.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        *giggle*

I think one of my uni - friends is to blame. She gave me a compilation to listen to, and the first song on it was "A boy called Sue" by Johnny Cash. I remeber I loved the compilation. "El Paso" by Marty Robbins and "Blue Eyes Crying In the Rain" stuck out. I wanted more Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson, and as I searched, I came across other artists. Other friend of mine got me hooked on several Alan Jackson songs. I discovered Alison Krauss all by myself and got my boyfriend hooked on it. SR got me hooked on Emmylou Harris.
        That's pretty awesome!

I'm actually a fan of Japanese pop music, too. I don't know how exactly I came to like that alongside Metallica, but I do. But I blame my love of that from cheesy anime shows. Love those too.

I did get a big kick out of the fact that Sheppard was a huge Cash fan. My nephew is 5 and can sing "Folsom Prison Blues" from beginning to end.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Has this been posted? I don't think it has.

From the latest Stargate Magazine.

Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?

JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.

WHAT!!!! Umm that is sparky. I'm loling cause it seems JF did that on purpose.
          Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 15 December 2008, 02:11 PM.
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post

JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.

I'm gonna second that WHAT?!?!?! Like WTFOMFGBBQ!!!!!!!

JOE FLANIGAN WANTED SPARKY!!!!!!

That must be in issue #26; I'm looking at #25 (dated Nov/Dec 2008) right now, and according to the back page, #26 is supposed to have interviews with several members of the cast, including JoeF, and it's due on newsstands on December 23. Sometimes it shows up a little early, but it wasn't at my local B&N when I was there Sunday night. Damn! I have so got to get my hands on that! Like NOW!

*runs around, screaming and flailing in glee*

ETA: And hey, haven't I said before that it wouldn't surprise me if JoeF was doing all the Shep angsting over Weir stuff out of spite because of what the producers did to Torri? Hey, I'll take it. Joe rules.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

JOE FLANIGAN WANTED SPARKY!!!!!!

That must be in issue #26; I'm looking at #25 (dated Nov/Dec 2008) right now, and according to the back page, #26 is supposed to have interviews with several members of the cast, including JoeF, and it's due on newsstands on December 23. Sometimes it shows up a little early, but it wasn't at my local B&N when I was there Sunday night. Damn! I have so got to get my hands on that! Like NOW!

*runs around, screaming and flailing in glee*

ETA: And hey, haven't I said before that it wouldn't surprise me if JoeF was doing all the Shep angsting over Weir stuff out of spite because of what the producers did to Torri? Hey, I'll take it. Joe rules.
              HE SO DID!!!!!

Honestly after the whole baby thing with Teyla I think JF decided that John Sheppard was in love with Elizabeth Weir. The end.

EDIT: I was bored and viewing friends friends on lj and that is where I found that little piece of the JF interview. I think the person got it on their mail.

EDIT #2: OMG GUYS WE STILL GET SPARKY!!! BEST SHIP EVAH.
              Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 15 December 2008, 02:30 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

*trips over Scary Kitty* Wow, what happened here? *nudges Scary Kitty* I think she hyperventilated...anyone? Oh wait what's this note in big red writing? *reads*

OMG! SPARKY!!!!! *screams, flails and falls next to Scary Kitty*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                  *trips over Scary Kitty* Wow, what happened here? *nudges Scary Kitty* I think she hyperventilated...anyone? Oh wait what's this note in big red writing? *reads*

OMG! SPARKY!!!!! *screams, flails and falls next to Scary Kitty*
                  Ooomph! *sits up and passes a bottle of champagne to nogigglingmajor*

*grabs some more bottles of champagne and starts passing them around*

HE SO DID!!!!!

Honestly after the whole baby thing with Teyla I think JF decided that John Sheppard was in love with Elizabeth Weir. The end.
                  I think so, too. That's the only explanation that makes sense. God bless Joe Flanigan. *raises a glass in salute to Joe*

EDIT: I was bored and viewing friends friends on lj and that is where I found that little piece of the JF interview. I think the person got it on their mail.

Sweeet. I'll have to keep an eye open for issue #26, it should be out soon. *squees*

SPARKY RULES!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*giggle*

Did anyone say country/bluegrass music? Alison Krauss? Emmylou Harris? OMG I LOVE country/bluegrass music and I´m proud to say that I´m NOT ashamed to listen to country/bluegrass music, I remember when I first heard a song with Alison Krauss after that I got hooked I bought all her CD, she has angelic voice, I love her she is my favorite. Here are a few others that I like to listen to and I think are brilliant too: .Jhonny Cash, Shania Twain, Martina McBride, Taylor Swift, Carrie Newcomer, Jewel, Sara Evans, Faith Hill, Little Big Town, Dixie Chicks, Emmylou Harris, Rascal Flatts, George Strait. This is just a part of the artist that I like I think most people that were my age would not admit it that they liked or listened to country/bluegrass music. I´m glad there are some fellow country/bluegrass lovers here too.

HE SO DID!!!!!

YAY! JF is the BEST and SPARKY RULES!!!

Comment

That made my day. You gotta love that guy.

Queue The Eye/The Siege Part 3
                      BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

The Sally Gardens is one of my favorite songs. (I love traditional music from ariund the world, I can even sing that song.)

I also love finding sparky - themed songs. Here's something that reminds me of them:

"Loving her was easier (than anything I'll ever do again)"

Spoiler:
                        I have seen the morning burning golden on the mountains in the skies.
                        Achin' with the feelin' of the freedom of an eagle when she flies.
                        Turnin' on the world the way she smiled upon my soul as I lay dying.
                        Healin' as the colours in the sunshine and the shadows of her eyes.

Wakin' in the mornin' to the feelin' of her fingers on my skin.
                        Wipin' out the traces of the people and the places that I've been.
                        Teachin' me that yesterday was something that I never thought of trying.
                        Talkin' of tomorrow and the money, love and time we had to spend.

Lovin' her was easier than anything I'll ever do again.

Comin' close together with a feelin' that I've never known before, in my time.
                        She ain't ashamed to be a woman, or afraid to be a friend.
                        I don't know the answer to the easy way she opened every door in my mind.
                        But dreamin' was as easy as believin' it was never gonna end.

And lovin' her was easier than anything I'll ever do again.

Sue me, I just love country music.
                        No, suing. You know country is my first love. The twangier the better. I love it all...new, old and in between. But I also like most other kinds of music except rap and that stuff I call car crash rock.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        I was curious about that too -- are they lots of Country fans there? *is ignorant*

Here in the PNW we get a mish-mash of all kinds of music. I don't think there's any music specific to my region.
                        Didn't what they used to call grunge rock come from Seattle? Whatta ya call them...you know the guy who killed himself? *iz embarrasingly ignorant*

Okay now how do you expect me to go to sleep tonight?
                        Joe Flanigan is a genius!

But then I always knew that. And I also knew that I was neither stupid nor imagining things. Just how great would it have been if he ran the show?

*guzzles a whole bottle of champagne and orders more*

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

SPARKY SPARKY SPARKY SPARKY SPARKY

WIN WIN WIN

*dances*

Comment

*joins Reiko*

Do you realize that he has just described the first 3 years of Sparky? Now I remember how he likes to tease and how some of his jokes are quite oblique and you might miss the full meaning the first time. He's telling us exactly how he played John. It's not imaginary. It really happened. OMG! This is huge.
                            Thank you, Joe.

We pledge to be your fans forever and follow you wherever you go and watch everything you appear in.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

HAHA you guys are awesome.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Do you realize that he has just described the first 3 years of Sparky? Now I remember how he likes to tease and how some of his jokes are quite oblique and you might miss the full meaning the first time. He's telling us exactly how he played John. It's not imaginary. It really happened. OMG! This is huge.
                              That is totally what I thought too. I mean come on it's a little bit too obvious not to be about sparky. I expected him to say at the end "wait we already had that and they killed her off"
                              sigpic

Comment

From the latest issue of the Stargate Magazine. (Pinched from the f'list).

**dances in glee**

Comment

Working...
                                X