No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only way I could stomach the crap-fest of Sanctuary...

(an Ancient w/all those super powers, what was up with that hair of hers?! Quick someone invent the brush for her. But, I digress.)

was to predict a future episode, whereupon Sheppard needs her big weapony-energy-ball to save {insert random scientist here}. Chaya will try to get all mind-meldy on Shep and he'll be all...ewwww... You are sooo 1st season! Step Off!

I admit, I was amused at several points, but I was wondering who all these people were?!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon
      Chaya will try to get all mind-meldy on Shep and he'll be all...ewwww... You are sooo 1st season! Step Off!
      Love your theory.

(P.S. Mind-meldy? Do i have the wrong show? ) LOL

Lovebar made by natz099
      My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
        Love your theory.

(P.S. Mind-meldy? Do i have the wrong show? ) LOL
        I think the writer of the episode may have had the wrong show. I believe the person who wrote Sanctuary wrote for a Star Trek show.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
          Why, oh why did one of you not WARN me for goodness sakes about that horrific, stupid excuse for an episode called 'Sanctuary'?
          Yes..."Sanctuary" which several have renamed "Skanktuary" is one of the episodes we wished we never saw or wish to see again. I felt that everyone was ill written and grossly out of character. The episode itself felt like a verbal recap of the first half of the season, especially when John was showing Chaya around.

The writer was new, I believe he use to write for "Enterprise", I may be wrong. Either way it felt clear that the writer wasn't really familar with the SG or SGA universe or with the characters for that matter and the episdoe just ended up pointless. But at least after this episode we got the wonder "Before I Sleep." Watching that definately helps cleanse the awful after taste left by "Skanktuary".
          ~Athena

Comment

Well Bama, now you can join in on sporking fugly space sluts for Weir's sake!!!

Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Why, oh why did one of you not WARN me for goodness sakes about that horrific, stupid excuse for an episode called 'Sanctuary'?
              YES!!! I retain the "prestige" of being the only person in this thread who actually liked that episode.

There was nothing redeeming AT ALL about that episode that I can see. Please, someone point it out to me if I'm missing something. I'd like to discuss the 'hot zone' incident but right now, I have got to have a strong drink.
              Well, for one, Teyla encourages Sheppard's interest in Chaya, ending the Shep/Teyla ship with the subtlety of an atomic bomb.

Also, it sets up John's apology present in the next episode for his little indiscretion in this one.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                YES!!! I retain the "prestige" of being the only person in this thread who actually liked that episode.

Well, for one, Teyla encourages Sheppard's interest in Chaya, ending the Shep/Teyla ship with the subtlety of an atomic bomb.

Also, it sets up John's apology present in the next episode for his little indiscretion in this one.
                That's why he's on the couch for the last two weeks first for defying her in "Hot Zone" then that little fling in "Sanctuary". The man had to make his way back into Elizabeth's good graces somewhere and the beginning of "Before I Sleep" is a step in the right direction.
                ~Athena

Comment

In fact, I liked Sanctuary too.

I was afraid to see it after all what had been said and I thought that I'd hate Chaya but I really liked her character. And after seeing it, I thought that the episode was very interesting.

I mean, we all knew that Sheppard was going to have a little romance in the serie and I don't see how this episode could be a threat to Shep/Weir.

I don't believe we're going to see Chaya again, she is one of the numerous character created by writers to bring a romantic side in series.
                  Just look at Sam and Jack, they have met other people and that have never prevented them from being in love with each other all along.

So in my opinion, Sanctuary was a good episode and Chaya was an interesting character. I don't really see what's wrong with that episode. There will be others episodes like that one before Sheppard and Weir come to realize their true feelings, but I just think that it makes the show spicier.

And as for Sheppard's behaviour, I wasn't that shocked. It could have been worse, a lot of worse. I think that J. Flanigan did a very good job on that one. Sheppard was attracted by Chaya and he was very blind about who she was. He took her defense but he was not like "I'm going to have sex tonight !!". He was really interested by her, and that was very cool.

But, hey, don't worry, I'm saying all that, but I will forever be a SHEP/WEIR shipper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snoopoony
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~

Save Dr Elizabeth Weir: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=39466 (spoiler for Atlantis season four)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Just wondering...Is anyone here going to the Sydney one? I think they both JF and TH will be on together, because its only one day...omg, i cant believe we're going to be in the same room as them....

Right, anyone got any suggestions for questions? Throw them at me!!
                    Yeah I would have many suggestions for questions
                    - Torris star-sign (yeah I know I'm repetitiv so-> my absolute first suggestion )
                    - What they think about the many Liz/John-Shippers
                    - Whats their favourite city
                    - Are there any News about Sedge in Atlantis
                    - How many pet's does Torri have
                    - etc.....etc....etc....etc....

Besides.....IT'S FRIDAY

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                      Yeah I would have many suggestions for questions
                      - Torris star-sign (yeah I know I'm repetitiv so-> my absolute first suggestion )
                      - What they think about the many Liz/John-Shippers
                      - Whats their favourite city
                      - Are there any News about Sedge in Atlantis
                      - How many pet's does Torri have
                      - etc.....etc....etc....etc....
                      Right! *jots down notes* Thanks for that! LOL

Originally posted by Dorka
                      Besides.....IT'S FRIDAY
                      True that! Now, to count down till Sunday when i can actually SEE the episode. Until then, i have to survive on you guys dissecting and posting pics of the ep Hint, hint?

Lovebar made by natz099
                      My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by snoopoony
                        In fact, I liked Sanctuary too.
                        One silly question about "Stanktuary" (not as offensive as "Skantuary").. . where the heck did that dumb picnic basket come from? Did someone bring it as their one personal item? Or did the SGC figure the Marines would need it for those "quiet times"? *LOL* Just had to get another dig at that episode.

Just a reminder for the poll on "Hottest Woman on Atlantis" - voting is still going on - they had to start over, and reset the parameters so you can only vote once a day. So, if you haven't voted in awhile, go here:

http://www.sciencefictionbuzz.com/sgapolls.html

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

True that! Now, to count down till Sunday when i can actually SEE the episode. Until then, i have to survive on you guys dissecting and posting pics of the ep Hint, hint?
                          I have to wait till Sunday too... but I'm happy about friday exact because the screencaps, Spiolers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
                            Well Bama, now you can join in on sporking fugly space sluts for Weir's sake!!!

LOL! Heck, join me up twice after that piece of tripe! ; )

And yeah, it seems just as bad to me after sleeping on it. I asked myself if I was just irritated at it due to the spacebabe! factor and I honestly don't think that was it. At no time, did I honestly feel that anything regarding our boy and girl's ship was remotely threatened due to the sheer ridiculousness of the entire set-up. It was just so...so...STUPID. I don't know any other word for it. I mean, I feel dumber for having sat thru it. ; (

LOL! at the picnic basket comment. I mean, let's see...everyone was allowed one personal item and yet he rounds up something that looks like that? LOL! Just par for the core in this ridiculous ep imo. I was like, "WTH?" after every character opened their mouth. I'm one of those people that never buys that a quickie 'fling' could result in deep, binding emotional feelings. But even if I could have bought that Shep felt some deep connection to spacebabe, what in the WORLD would it have been based on other than her C-cup bra and perfect waistline? Give me a break? The most sensible thing in the episode was when Shep, at the end, gives a strange look at spacebabe and goes, "This is Weird." Um, yeah. That's one word to describe it. I mean the ending was just a fitting stupidity to heap upon this ep's sad head. It was almost as if the director got to the end of the thing and realized it was ridiculous and said, 'WTH mates...OK...Joe, just say, 'Cool!' and let's get this damn thing over with before we totally mutilate our entire cast of characters."

Un freakin believable!

-Bama

Comment

At no time, did I honestly feel that anything regarding our boy and girl's ship was remotely threatened due to the sheer ridiculousness of the entire set-up.

But even if I could have bought that Shep felt some deep connection to spacebabe, what in the WORLD would it have been based on other than her C-cup bra and perfect waistline?

-Bama
                              Testosterone overload? They seemed to be trying to set him up as some kind of loverboy just because he is good-looking. Would they make a beautiful woman a promiscuous slut? Hmmm maybe. Once again catering to the young (my husband says not only the young and he should know) male audience who want to imagine themselves in Shep's place.I guess if we can project ourselves onto Elizabeth (Pardon my armchair psychology. My best friend is a therapist.) so can they. At least it gave us a chance to see Shep's romantic side. How many men would think about the picnic? Just imagine all the things he could do for Elizabeth. Bring her a flower, dammit!

At no time did I honestly feel that anything regarding our boy rang true because everybody was so out of character they were unrecognizable. Elizabeth in particular acted like she was spaced out the whole time. I would question anybody's leadership ability who was that clueless about what her second in command was up to. And assigning him to watch her. Please!! Rodney was the only one who seemed to get it at least part of the time.

Unfortunately, it sounds like from some of the spoilers that
                              Spoiler:
                              he will probably do some similar things again but maybe not to this extent.
                              He is male after all, and if he never does anything stupid Elizabeth won't have anything to forgive him for. Bama, go back and watch the beginning scene from Before I Sleep. That's a "forgive me for being a man I'm not worthy" face if I've ever seen one.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                                Poor Torri! She's going to think we're all amateur astrologers! Everyone's so obsessed with when she was born! It would be nice to know...... I think maybe she's a water sign..... maybe.....
                                Oh, and Atlantis definitely needs a resident pet or two! Maybe McKay's cat can join Elizabeth's dog!!

Also -- have I said lately how good it is to have discovered you guys? I have no friends who are into Atlantis. NONE!!! What's wrong with these people? They're all hyped up over McLeod's Daughters!! (to those outside Aus, it's a really unrealistic series about a bunch of girls running a huge farm together.. wearing designer clothing as they drench sheep --- funny that, we used to get around in trakkies and gumboots!)
                                We get McLeod's daughters here in the states on the WE (Women's Entertainment network) and I've caught it a time or two. You summed it up well. ; ) Very unrealistic. Even a stupid American like myself could see that. I can't believe that Aussie women wouldn't like Elizabeth or even Teyla better than those chicks.

-B

Comment

Working...
                                X