Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Absolutely. MF said something along those lines a few weeks ago. I know people found the locker room scene of Broca Divide to be really funny, but the more I think about it, the more I'm concerned by it. Had a man attacked a woman the way Carter jumped O'Neill, people would have thrown a fit about it. If this incident sparks a romance, then I'm sorry, but TPTB need serious help. This isn't grounds for romance. It's grounds for assault.
    Spoiler:

OK...NOW you guys have me worried. Is there some link somewhere for spoilers and pics that I am missing?!? Share please!
    I am trying really hard to maintain a very logical approach to this seemingly whacked episode. What worries me is that TPTB haven't the logical and realistic approach to characters or relationships that I have. A 'real' kiss simply does NOT go along with the flow that has been built in previous episodes this season-AT ALL. I still contend that whatever occurs is a somewhat, if not total insane John reacting to a violent event around him in the way an insane body might. If there is a kiss-at all- I hope like hell that it is incredibly violent and out of sync with everything we've come to know about the caring John we all love. I hope that Teyla as well as everyone else will be able to see that clearly as well.

This is the fear some of you had when you were talking about the writers playing to the teen crowd though. This is (possibly) the type of 'violent' sexually charged sort of encounter that appeals to them. I'm like you guys-if THAT is the sort of male/female 'love' they want to explore on Atlantis, then I'll be done. I could stomach a lot of things before I could anything like that.

Clue me in...

-B

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      Absolutely. MF said something along those lines a few weeks ago. I know people found the locker room scene of Broca Divide to be really funny, but the more I think about it, the more I'm concerned by it. Had a man attacked a woman the way Carter jumped O'Neill, people would have thrown a fit about it. If this incident sparks a romance, then I'm sorry, but TPTB need serious help. This isn't grounds for romance. It's grounds for assault.

Which is what concerns me a little about Conversion. Broca Divide and several other episodes with alternate realities or alien interference seemed to be the basis of Sam/Jack imo. I really would hate to see tptb do that do any ship on Atlantis.

Comment

"Conversion" sounds a lot like a blending of "Broca Divide" and "Bane" (mostly "Bane") - neither of which were very good SG1 episodes. I'm not really expecting a lot from this episode, but Flanigan's make-up looks cool.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
          Which is what concerns me a little about Conversion. Broca Divide and several other episodes with alternate realities or alien interference seemed to be the basis of Sam/Jack imo. I really would hate to see tptb do that do any ship on Atlantis.
          Ditt-FREAKIN-O!

I found the photos for anyone hasn't seen them'...

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...howfolge&ID=28

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
            Spoiler:

OK...NOW you guys have me worried. Is there some link somewhere for spoilers and pics that I am missing?!? Share please!
            I am trying really hard to maintain a very logical approach to this seemingly whacked episode. What worries me is that TPTB haven't the logical and realistic approach to characters or relationships that I have. A 'real' kiss simply does NOT go along with the flow that has been built in previous episodes this season-AT ALL. I still contend that whatever occurs is a somewhat, if not total insane John reacting to a violent event around him in the way an insane body might. If there is a kiss-at all- I hope like hell that it is incredibly violent and out of sync with everything we've come to know about the caring John we all love. I hope that Teyla as well as everyone else will be able to see that clearly as well.

This is the fear some of you had when you were talking about the writers playing to the teen crowd though. This is (possibly) the type of 'violent' sexually charged sort of encounter that appeals to them. I'm like you guys-if THAT is the sort of male/female 'love' they want to explore on Atlantis, then I'll be done. I could stomach a lot of things before I could anything like that.

Clue me in...

-B
            Spoiler:
            I think it depends on how Teyla reacts to the kiss because John isn't thinking straight so John can't do anything about that but if Teyla responds badly then there goes the ship... probably... Because it's like the Broca Divide kiss except Jack wasn't in love with another woman or Sam visa versa. So I don't know what to think or to expect!

Okay how about a nice shippy picture to calm the nerves?

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              "Conversion" sounds a lot like a blending of "Broca Divide" and "Bane" (mostly "Bane") - neither of which were very good SG1 episodes. I'm not really expecting a lot from this episode, but Flanigan's make-up looks cool.
              Actually, I didn't mind Broca Divide or Bane all that much (especially Broca Divide, but that's mostly for Janet's incredible interaction with Neanderthal!Jack), but you're right; neither episode was much to write home about.

I've been leery of this episode ever since we started getting news about it. I think it has the potential to be something really incredible, something that Joe Flanigan will just astound all of us with, but at the same time, I'm worried that TPTB have taken the low road with it.

My comfort at this point is that they're not talking about it like it's supposed to be a comedy. Broca Divide was supposed to be funny, at least in part, and it ended up being rather scary in its lack of consequences for unwanted sexual advances.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

OK how did we go in 2 pages:

Spoiler:
                Conversion should end S/T! in a cool way! Yeah!

to

Spoiler:
                Its gonna re-start S/T... ewww!

eeeep! Speculation hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon

Spoiler:

to

Spoiler:

We could be over looking the episode, but I guess we'll have to wait two weeks from now...

Why does it have to be so far away?

Comment

Don't worry, Rubicon. I still think this is the death knell. Epiphany and The Tower
                    Spoiler:
                    This is why I'm not concerned about Sheppard kissing other women. I'm okay with random guest stars at this point in the series. I still dislike the plot device, but I can deal with it. John's not involved with Teyla later in the season. I think Conversion kills that.

It's like Whistler said. They started it; they have to deal with it. This early in the series, dealing with it is most likely ending it.
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Spoiler:

to

Spoiler:

This is why I try to stay away from speculating on something I haven't seen yet. Though I do find other's speculation interesting. I'd drive myself crazy worrying about something I've read from the spoilers if I made assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopoony
                        What is the LTP incident ???
                        The scene in Letters To Pegasus when he asked what she expected of him and she replied, "too much, I fear." He seemed to slip a little off his pedestal in that one.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

This thread is far too serious now.

Therefore, it's time for a RANDOM CHICKEN POST!

Comment

Spoiler:

to

Spoiler:

Because honestly, it could realistically go either way and that is what is so iffy right now. This could be very good for S/W or somewhat bad.
                            We'll see soon...

Comment

Would the chicken like a mint?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                I feel the love. . .Shep/Weir, Ronon/Teyla, McKay/Zelenka.
                                OK, which one of you is going to tell Teyla and Weir about Shep and Dex? Huh? Have you not yet experienced the splendor that is SHEX?

(sorry, I just had too.......I'll leave now)

Slinks quietly away.....
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X