Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    OMG, talk about coincidence! I was just at FF.net and saw this fic, and was going to post a rec here! It's adorkably cute and sweet (something I think we all need right now!), and that last bit with Rodney? Made of win!

Go read this one, Sparkies!
    (grins very widely) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      You had both better run far and fast. Real football involves lots of padding and burly men with really cute behinds and muscles, lots of muscles.
      And sometimes lots of hair.

And as SK said, if John likes it, it okie dokie by me. *smirks*
      Yup.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by SheilaJane47 View Post
        Hello everyone! I am new here, but I love football... and John... and Shweir... so, I THINK I found the right place
        Oooh, our second newbie of the day! Welcome to the only sane thread on GW!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Welcome to the only sane thread on GW!
          Liar!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Liar!
            You're right; there are two sane threads on GW. The Anti thread is the other one.

Comment

Stargate: Renaissance update! Part 2 of The Summit is now online!

Comment

Hello everyone! I am new here, but I love football... and John... and Shweir... so, I THINK I found the right place
                Hello! Welcome to the best thread on GW. (What? I'm not biased at all!)

@Eri - Beckham is a sissy. There are better players than him (or English national team ).
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Thank you for the welcome! I have read so many of your stories over on Command Dynamics, Anuna, and I love every single one of them, so thank you!!!

I'm actually heading back over there, just realized I haven't been there in a little bit ...
                  THANK YOU! That's so great to hear, somebody liking those stories *g* I'm very excited about yours!
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Oh. My. God. Anuna, I'm already bowing down to you, if possible i am bowing lower. I've just read Lullaby Exercise. Oh. My. GOD! It gave me shivers, i was on the edge of my seat....wow. Left me breathless.
                    http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...y.php?sid=1397

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                    I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                    Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      Hello! Welcome to the best thread on GW. (What? I'm not biased at all!)
                      Heh!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      @Eri - Beckham is a sissy. There are better players than him (or English national team ).
                      The whole thing with Beckham was a total publicity stunt from the get-go. I mean, you should've seen all the TV news people out here in LA going ga-ga over it when he first arrived. One of the stations even had a live telecast of their weekday morning show from the Galaxy's home stadium the day they had that rally to officially welcome him to the team. But when you see people on the street in LA, do you see anyone wearing Beckham soccer jerseys? Nope. They're all wearing Lakers basketball jerseys with Kobe Bryant's number. And those that aren't... are wearing USC football jerseys. Forget the Galaxy, forget the Lakers. LA belongs to USC and football. John would be proud.

Comment

LOL!

But the way I see it, hey, John's a football fan, so it helps us to get into his head.

*snickers at you both*
                        But the "real football" comment makes sense. There, you can only kick the ball or headbutt it (unless you're the goalie) whereas in all other versions of "football" you can pick up the ball and run with it. Some would think that really shouldn't be called "football" (like my Mum for instance)

And I'm not gonna get started on American Gridiron vs Rugby League. Something tells me that be dangerous discussion here.

And this is incredibly OT... let me think... I know, in the last episode of Press Gang (a British show from the early 90's) the newsteam got a football team together. Short of players, they asked Spike to join them, as he said he knew a lot about football. So he turns up on the day in full Gridiron gear, not realising that, being British, what they meant by "football" was really soccer.

Now my on-topic question is... With John's love of football, can anyone picture him making a similar sort of mistake (though not in Spike-style)?

Welcome!

And we call it Sparky. I'm not sure why, I only know that people object to the way "Shweir" sounded (or something like that--I wasn't here at the beginning).

Question before I post the next wallpaper/sig set. Does anyone have the link to the Westgate stories. I hadn't gotten into The West Wing back when they were being updated, so I never even looked at them. Now that I'm a mad WW fan, I'm interested.

Wallpaper:

Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          (cringes) For the record ... I live in Florida but am neutral in any sports, yet I still feel as if my presence here is awkward ... So I bring you a peace offering:

John/Elizabeth fic at FF.net!!!

Five chapters, it's all done now, includes Jack/Sam ship , first chapter explains background and everything ... Definite John/Elizabeth ship ...

Hope ya like it!!!

Just read this, it's brilliant. Poor Rodney!

Comment

Welcome. It's always great to have new Sparky fans.

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
                            <snippies>
                            Now my on-topic question is... With John's love of football, can anyone picture him making a similar sort of mistake (though not in Spike-style)?[/COLOR][/FONT]

<more snippage>
                            In one of the early episodes, I forget which one, John made a negative remark about Canadian Football. That's not soccer, I know, but I would love to have seen a soccer/football discussion. With attempts to explain the difference to Ronon. JM and some of the other writers seems to be college football fans, so I guess that's where it comes from. I know that JF is not, but he does a good job faking it.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You're right; there are two sane threads on GW. The Anti thread is the other one.
                              Thank you!

In one of the early episodes, I forget which one, John made a negative remark about Canadian Football.
                              In Hide & Seek (season 1), he makes a random remark about hockey not being a real man's sport, and he tells Teyla not to tell Rodney because he's Canadian.

In Echoes (season 3) he yells at Rodney, who can't hear him, 'Canadian football is a joke', 'Celine Dion is overrated' and 'Zelenka is smarter than you'.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And we call it Sparky. I'm not sure why, I only know that people object to the way "Shweir" sounded (or something like that--I wasn't here at the beginning).
                                Why Sparky? Look here.

Question before I post the next wallpaper/sig set. Does anyone have the link to the Westgate stories. I hadn't gotten into The West Wing back when they were being updated, so I never even looked at them. Now that I'm a mad WW fan, I'm interested.
                                West Gate can found here.

Comment

Working...
                                X