Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Eri, that needs to be written. You have so many good ideas - lately my inspiration has been running low, and I hope you guys don't mind me asking you to bounce some ideas. My writing muse is hiding somewhere.
    Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
    I second that.

Everyone has.
    I'd love to!! But, the idea of writing something long like that (considering I'm still working on another one that long) is extremely daunting. Perhaps when work lets up a little bit I'll get seriously bit by the writing bug and I can whip them up. Lately, when I pull out my laptop for work, I stare at the screen going 'blink blink blink'.

I wouldn't mind getting spurred for some short ficlets, however--that helps me whenever I feel my muse has left. I'd actually like to try an email string type fiction because the message board fiction Anuna sent me a few months ago was priceless.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
      LOL - well, it's true, I haven't ready of your fics yet. Im kind of single-minded when it comes to SGA fics - I like my Sparky.

But, I'm sure your fics are lovely, obey all the laws of physics, etc.
      I can give you links to stories that are either shipless or don't contain John or Elizabeth at all

You know what? Read HK-47's mission reports. It's one of the few stories that can be called a parody and a tragedy at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        So, for my dream resolution in canon:

Spoiler:
        I'd go one of two ways:

1) The final movie is about wrapping up Michael and Elizabeth. Atlantis finds out that a final, devastating Siege is being planned for the city--one that might destroy it. The entire thing is a revenge move for Michael who simply wants to kill everyone on Atlantis. It's revealed that he knows way too much about the internal workings of the city.

It's realized by Rodney that the only person who might have that intimate a knowledge of Atlantis's systems is Elizabeth Weir, who inhabited the computer when she was disembodied. Upon checking the space gate, the Atlantis people are horrified to find that Elizabeth's 'FRAN' body is missing.

Michael communicates with them and reveals he does, indeed, have Elizabeth captive. What's worse, he's perfected his organic engineering, and has placed her in a completely organic body--she's human again and looking like her old self. Being this way, she is being tortured for the information she knows.

The group determines the only way to stop Michael is to blow up his approaching fleet. Many cool CGI affected battles ensue. John and his group land on Michael's hive ship for sabotage. Many sabotage-style moments with Rodney snarking and Ronon shooting occur.

They find Elizabeth. John gets woobie. They encounter Michael. Teyla kills him.

There is one final problem--the explosion that will detonate the fleet and stop the final attack has to be done from the Bridge. Only Elizabeth knows the way. She volunteers to go and orders John and company to leave. John does--but halfway out of the ship he has a big "NOT THIS TIME" scene, where he determines he's left her behind too many times and won't do it again. He orders Rodney to fly the jumper to safety if he doesn't return in 5 minutes. There is a slight McShep moment. Teyla gives him a headbump.

He makes his way to the Bridge, where he finds a forlorn Elizabeth waiting for the explosion. He makes his way to her and tells her he won't leave her again. He wraps her in a hug as the explosions begin around the bridge; the jumper flies away and the ship explodes.

And just when you're about to cry...

John asks Rodney what took him so long--from the bridge of the Daedalus, who beamed Elizabeth and John up right before the ship blew. They return to Atlantis. Everybody is happy.

Oh, yeah, and the dreamalicious moment--the final scene is on the balcony, with John asking the completely human Elizabeth what she's going to do now. She says that she'd like to stay on Atlantis, not necessarily as leader, but as a team member. He tells her he finally finished War & Peace. She chides him about it. Some cheesy parallelism device leads to him revealing he never wants to lose her again. She looks at him, steps over to him, kisses him.

FADE. TO. BLACK.

*ummmmmm...can you tell I've been thinking about this for a while?*

My second scenario would simply have Elizabeth ascending in some manner while a replicator, and popping back up as Torri for John at the end. That way it could be in any movie.
        I love you.
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Anyway, people. SGA is almost over. How would you like to see it end - nevermind the cannon? If you could make your dream come true scenario for SGA, what would it be?
          Rawr. There's lots of stuff I would do if taking over for S4 -- for one, the obvious, keep Lizzeh. But if going with current 'canon' (please note I have only seen about half of s4 and only 3 episodes of s5):

In short:

Spoiler:
          1. My 'lantis family is reuinted. I don't care how -- still working the details -- as long as it's a good way and they are. Keller fulfills her ultimate Mary Sue destiny by becoming a hero and sacrificing herself for the greater good.

OPTION 2:
          Bittersweet, real!Lizzeh ascends at the very end.

OPTION 3:
          If Lizzie (or anyone else) ain't getting a happy ending, no one is. Kill everybody. Blow up the city and the Daedalus while you're at it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            BSG is one of those that I would love to get into as soon as it's run regularly on syndication and I can catch Season 1. I've heard it's phenomenal. DSN was also the only Trek I watched and I really enjoyed it. I've not been much of a Trekkie, though--I generally watch Sci-Fi not too far removed from Earth.

I can't say 'never mind the canon' because I want it to end my way in canon. My dream resolution in fanon is easily realized because it's my fanon world.

So, for my dream resolution in canon:

Spoiler:
            I'd go one of two ways:

1) The final movie is about wrapping up Michael and Elizabeth. Atlantis finds out that a final, devastating Siege is being planned for the city--one that might destroy it. The entire thing is a revenge move for Michael who simply wants to kill everyone on Atlantis. It's revealed that he knows way too much about the internal workings of the city.

It's realized by Rodney that the only person who might have that intimate a knowledge of Atlantis's systems is Elizabeth Weir, who inhabited the computer when she was disembodied. Upon checking the space gate, the Atlantis people are horrified to find that Elizabeth's 'FRAN' body is missing.

Michael communicates with them and reveals he does, indeed, have Elizabeth captive. What's worse, he's perfected his organic engineering, and has placed her in a completely organic body--she's human again and looking like her old self. Being this way, she is being tortured for the information she knows.

The group determines the only way to stop Michael is to blow up his approaching fleet. Many cool CGI affected battles ensue. John and his group land on Michael's hive ship for sabotage. Many sabotage-style moments with Rodney snarking and Ronon shooting occur.

They find Elizabeth. John gets woobie. They encounter Michael. Teyla kills him.

There is one final problem--the explosion that will detonate the fleet and stop the final attack has to be done from the Bridge. Only Elizabeth knows the way. She volunteers to go and orders John and company to leave. John does--but halfway out of the ship he has a big "NOT THIS TIME" scene, where he determines he's left her behind too many times and won't do it again. He orders Rodney to fly the jumper to safety if he doesn't return in 5 minutes. There is a slight McShep moment. Teyla gives him a headbump.

He makes his way to the Bridge, where he finds a forlorn Elizabeth waiting for the explosion. He makes his way to her and tells her he won't leave her again. He wraps her in a hug as the explosions begin around the bridge; the jumper flies away and the ship explodes.

And just when you're about to cry...

John asks Rodney what took him so long--from the bridge of the Daedalus, who beamed Elizabeth and John up right before the ship blew. They return to Atlantis. Everybody is happy.

Oh, yeah, and the dreamalicious moment--the final scene is on the balcony, with John asking the completely human Elizabeth what she's going to do now. She says that she'd like to stay on Atlantis, not necessarily as leader, but as a team member. He tells her he finally finished War & Peace. She chides him about it. Some cheesy parallelism device leads to him revealing he never wants to lose her again. She looks at him, steps over to him, kisses him.

FADE. TO. BLACK.

*ummmmmm...can you tell I've been thinking about this for a while?*

My second scenario would simply have Elizabeth ascending in some manner while a replicator, and popping back up as Torri for John at the end. That way it could be in any movie.
            *bows in reverence* That is so great! I think it sounds like a perfectly logical movie...so voting for this one.

Oh and on BSG. I only saw the first half od s4 and fell head over heals. You didn't have to be following the show to understand the huge change that occured for Laura in the Hub and relevations. I didn't know a thing but I understood and I cried. So a AR shipper. *sigh* Can't wait for january!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
            I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
            Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              I can give you links to stories that are either shipless or don't contain John or Elizabeth at all

You know what? Read HK-47's mission reports. It's one of the few stories that can be called a parody and a tragedy at the same time
              Pajus = Stargate's Shakespeare?

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
              I love you.
              Me too. That really would be a dream scenario - I think it would satisfy most people.

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
              *bows in reverence* That is so great! I think it sounds like a perfectly logical movie...so voting for this one.

Oh and on BSG. I only saw the first half od s4 and fell head over heals. You didn't have to be following the show to understand the huge change that occured for Laura in the Hub and relevations. I didn't know a thing but I understood and I cried. So a AR shipper. *sigh* Can't wait for january!
              I'm not there yet but that sounds interesting tears? Oh noes
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Pajus = Stargate's Shakespeare?
                No way. I'm more like a Gero... with correct physics

Comment

Is GW slow for anyone else? I have not been able to get on here because it is so slow to load.

Click on pic for epic picspam.
                  sigpic
                  My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by pip2 View Post
                    hiya! i'm new on here, and ive not read all the posts yet but i thought this is one i can at least attempt to answer

i'm not sure exactly which episode i realised it in but ive always wanted them to end up together, from the beginning it was weir that wanted sheppard on the team, even tho he was military it wasnt like he's been picked by them. (loved when he turned to wave to her on his first off-world mission from atlantis)
                    i liked how much they talked to each other and only ever occasionally fighting about who was 'in charge' they appreciated and respected each other.i LOVED weirs character and was really upset when she left, although i still really love the show, i think things really changed from that point. i think it was because they both cared about each other, they both understood the 'burden of command' and it was something they could share, the way she worried about him and visa versa.
                    if i had to pick an episode probably 'the eye' when john shoots kolya and he asks if shes ok, and she says no and he says you will be - gets me everytime i watch it
                    Welcome!

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                    Hey pip! *waves*
                    Just here to post some new arts I did.

Feel free to snurch them.
                    Very nice! So's the hug wallpaper.

Here's my next wallpaper/sig set

Wallpaper:

Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                      Is GW slow for anyone else? I have not been able to get on here because it is so slow to load.
                      There are others with that same problem. Greg and Darren are aware of it, and will try to fix it somehow.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post

Click on pic for epic picspam.
                        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        There are others with that same problem. Greg and Darren are aware of it, and will try to fix it somehow.
                        I hope it's soon because it's driving me crazy. Not a patient person. In the meantime try opening several tabs and flipping back and forth.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Anuna I really tried to get the same colors again. But I just can't remember how I did them.

sigpic

Comment

New story is a go.

Private Journal of Elizabeth Weir

No Summary yet, but plenty of action in this one, can’t be without it when Kolya is involved. So expect angst and plenty of it.

On livejournal but viewable for everyone.

Please post your thoughts on it if you can? I’m trying a newish style with this story on how it’s written so would love to hear everyone’s view on it.

Big thanks to gateraid who already has viewed.

Enjoy
                            BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                              Anuna I really tried to get the same colors again. But I just can't remember how I did them.

That is perfect!!! Thank you!
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Yeah, GW has been really slow for me, too...glad it's on this end, though, and not mine...I don't know how much more I could have taken.

Hi all new people, in case I forget to say hi...

Someone give me an episode prompt--I want to try and write up a 'post-scene' email between some people about it. Just for fun.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X