Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I was thinking that too. As far as I am concerned Sparky is canon. Especially considering how this franchise does not do ship. Just look at Sam/Jack.
    *snerks*

We have so many wonderful scenes you can't count them all. Plus GitM which pretty much everybody says is Sparkified. No matter what happens in the future John will never forget her. We can't realistically expect them not to hook him up with a lesser model. But we can choose to ignore it.
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. We win.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
    I saw a comment on a LJ entry that made me laugh. I didn't recognize the poster so I have not idea if she leans toward any particular ship, but she didn't like GITM because it was held hostage by Shep/Weir.
    *dies laughing*

Our ship so rocks!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey there, Sparkies!

Found another fun and fluffy fic to leave you with tonight:

Love Is, by chiarahhue. Elizabeth and John. Rodney. Caldwell. You can learn a lot during a snack break between meetings.

Happy reading!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I was thinking that too. As far as I am concerned Sparky is canon. Especially considering how this franchise does not do ship. Just look at Sam/Jack.

We have so many wonderful scenes you can't count them all. Plus GitM which pretty much everybody says is Sparkified. No matter what happens in the future John will never forget her. We can't realistically expect them not to hook him up with a lesser model. But we can choose to ignore it.
        To be fair, some of that is due to the show not having an 'ending'. There was supposed to be a kiss in TLC (when it was a movie script) but because the show was ongoing at that point, it got scrapped. More hints in s8, then the show got renewed. Come s9, RDA wasn't there, so a one-sided relationship is a little pointless. And then, she's on SGA. I read there was a veiled S/J reference in Trio which got edited out.

Maybe that's why they've tried to shy away from a full-on ship in SGA? They didn't want to get caught out by renewal etc?

I saw a comment on a LJ entry that made me laugh. I didn't recognize the poster so I have not idea if she leans toward any particular ship, but she didn't like GITM because it was held hostage by Shep/Weir.

Thanks! It's now working for me too. Must have been a hiccup.
        *snort* criticism gladly accepted
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          To be fair, some of that is due to the show not having an 'ending'. There was supposed to be a kiss in TLC (when it was a movie script) but because the show was ongoing at that point, it got scrapped. More hints in s8, then the show got renewed. Come s9, RDA wasn't there, so a one-sided relationship is a little pointless. And then, she's on SGA. I read there was a veiled S/J reference in Trio which got edited out.

Maybe that's why they've tried to shy away from a full-on ship in SGA? They didn't want to get caught out by renewal etc?
          That's certainly possible, I suppose. And pretty darn stupid of them if it is true. If it was handled by the really good writers who are capable of pulling it off *cough*Carl Binder*cough* then it could be done, and done well, without it taking over the show and turning it into a bad soap opera in space. Other sci-fi shows, like Babylon 5 and Farscape, have been able to successfully pull off romance between main characters without upsetting the balance in storylines and characters, so it's not like it's impossible.

But apparently it is for Stargate. The gutless wonders strike again.

*snort* criticism gladly accepted
          And worn as a badge of honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            That's certainly possible, I suppose. And pretty darn stupid of them if it is true. If it was handled by the really good writers who are capable of pulling it off *cough*Carl Binder*cough* then it could be done, and done well, without it taking over the show and turning it into a bad soap opera in space. Other sci-fi shows, like Babylon 5 and Farscape, have been able to successfully pull off romance between main characters without upsetting the balance in storylines and characters, so it's not like it's impossible.

But apparently it is for Stargate. The gutless wonders strike again.

And worn as a badge of honor.
            I'm not saying that they can't do it, just that the reason they have may be more likely a commitment issue (no, that was not a self reverential man joke). If you compare S/W (or S/T) with S/J, IMO they jumped into S/J thinking that they only had a few years left (after which they would have run out of ideas - similar to 'we don't know what to do with Carter' in s10) but couldn't commit to it because they would have been together for maybe 8yrs now.

S/W is natural. I've never 'gotten' someone like that. Maybe that's my issue, maybe that's what I look for when I watch tv (to see something I'm missing). There's speaking, and then there's communication. The fact that they never hooked up on screen is irrelevant to me.

EDIT: Yeah, sorry, that's a rant. Good thing I stopped before I espoused my theories on what sci-fi means to some people. It's mostly to do with 'hanging a lantern' on things. Bla bla
            Last edited by gateraid; 21 August 2008, 11:42 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJamieway View Post
              Dropping off a fic. I wrote this weeks ago, but only recently thought of a title for it.

"I Know What You Did Last Night"
              Summary: Is Elizabeth really seeing Evan Lorne? Featuring Nosy!Rodney and Jealous!John. (Rated: T)
              I know you're not truly a sparky Pajus, but you may like this one.

[for Pajus only

Spoiler:
              If you want to avoid all sparky, just skip to the last paragraph. It is funny
              sigpic

Comment

I know you're not truly a sparky Pajus, but you may like this one.

[for Pajus only

Spoiler:
                If you want to avoid all sparky, just skip to the last paragraph. It is funny
                Spoiler:
                I am saying that I can't imagine Elizabeth being with a Sheppard-class idiot, BUT when someone tells me about a story that is well written, I set my shipping interests aside and evaluate it as such. Anuna's TSM got a 9.6 out of 10 from me. Unexpected got 5 out of 10,... I could continue. I'm just not able to write Sparky as more than friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I am saying that I can't imagine Elizabeth being with a Sheppard-class idiot, BUT when someone tells me about a story that is well written, I set my shipping interests aside and evaluate it as such. Anuna's TSM got a 9.6 out of 10 from me. Unexpected got 5 out of 10,... I could continue. I'm just not able to write Sparky as more than friendship.
                  Spoiler:
                  Sheppard class idiot *chuckle* (sorry SR if ur reading this ). To be honest, I don't presume to know what your tastes are. I got a laugh out of the last bit. I thought you might too. I've read TSM, but not Unexpected. I'm an odd kind of sparky fan. The lovey dovey stuff doesn't do much for me, but if it is written in a similar vein to the show, its made of win
                  If it makes you feel any better, your (& Anuna's) Teyla/wraith stunner is actually the best ff I've ever read. If only TPTB could write like that
                  Last edited by gateraid; 22 August 2008, 01:55 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

god, you guys did in here many posts since i was last online...

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                      god, you guys did in here many posts since i was last online...
                      been busy (both us and you)

Comment

Hi sparkies

I hope they will bring Elizabeth back in the movie or if there is any possibility of another movie, so there (I would prefer Torri of course but MM would be great too). I belive that all the Sheyla think won't happen, TPTB are not very eager to write ships and this ship is no canon. Sparky is canon. As zu wrote, even S/J shippers (including me) are still waiting.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        » It's a TV Show in development by David Hewlett. (Originally from the film A Dog's Breakfast). It's an dramedy like the Office but on the set of a very stereotypical, cheesy Sci Fi show. Seems like David got really good research on it in S4 and S5

» If it's greenlit (has it been yet?) I have no doubt we'll see some of the (former) SGA cast on it.
                        I loved Dog's Breakfast, so funny. I am really curious about Starcrossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                          been busy (both us and you)
                          yeah very
                          i was on holiday first and now i'm moving, so its a bit stressy over here

Comment

Originally posted by southern red View Post
                            i was thinking that too. As far as i am concerned sparky is canon. Especially considering how this franchise does not do ship. Just look at sam/jack.

We have so many wonderful scenes you can't count them all. Plus gitm which pretty much everybody says is sparkified. No matter what happens in the future john will never forget her. we can't realistically expect them not to hook him up with a lesser model. but we can choose to ignore it.
                            i l u
                            sig made by me

Comment

Thanks! It's now working for me too. Must have been a hiccup.
                              I saw that too. We need icons and banner. It was just that obvious.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Hey there, Sparkies!

Found another fun and fluffy fic to leave you with tonight:

Love Is, by chiarahhue. Elizabeth and John. Rodney. Caldwell. You can learn a lot during a snack break between meetings.

Happy reading!
                              Lovely.

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
                              Hi sparkies

I hope they will bring Elizabeth back in the movie or if there is any possibility of another movie, so there (I would prefer Torri of course but MM would be great too). I belive that all the Sheyla think won't happen, TPTB are not very eager to write ships and this ship is no canon. Sparky is canon. As zu wrote, even S/J shippers (including me) are still waiting.

I loved Dog's Breakfast, so funny. I am really curious about Starcrossed.
                              Welcome. I've always had a soft spot for the S/J shippers.

I doubt there's any chance of a movie involving Elizabeth. But I hope that's just me being pessimistic again. Hey, it worked for GitM.

Boy this has been the week of meltdowns hasn't it?
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yep, I'm having one. Actually it's more like nervous breakdown.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X