Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
    Okay, you can credit RP for this because of a comment she just made, plus the fact it's 2 AM and I'm a bit punchy.

John sends a message:

http://sgamessaging.com/ver1/viewMes...b9112506a77451

Gotta go to bed. Dang.
    That's great!!!!
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Hmmm, here is the counter question:
      Spoiler:

- would Travellers attack? I don't know a lot about them but do they make sense as bad guys with secret agenda?
      Hmm, that's a possibility...
      Spoiler:
      Would this attack be something that all of the Travelers are backing, or is it just a smaller faction? From what we've learned, they do have some sort of ruling council (Larrin spoke of having to speak to them in BAMSR), but it seems that each ship does have a certain level of independence to accept or reject council decisions. There could be rivalries going between ships, perhaps not unlike the rivalries between Wraith hive ships. Secret agendas? Sounds good!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Okay, you can credit RP for this because of a comment she just made, plus the fact it's 2 AM and I'm a bit punchy.

John sends a message:

Gotta go to bed. Dang.
        Oh, that is brilliant!

And I hear you about bed... mine is calling me.

Nighty-night, Sparkies!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hmmm I'd say

Spoiler:
          It's only Larrin's fraction. Go check out my LJ. There's the whole thing written down.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            I've been thinking we should have an episode viewing party on the thread. We choose an episode to watch, log on the board at an agreed-upon time, synchronize our DVD players, push play, and then start posting about the episode as we watch it. It'd be like a live DVD commentary.

Anyone think this sounds like a good idea?

I'm feeling the same way. I'd had an idea for a story after Adrift/Lifeline that never got out of outline phase. The cameo in BAMSR gave the idea a new direction for a while, but then I got distracted by other things. And when the spoilers started coming out for GitMo, the story went into overdrive again. *headdesk*

I'm still feeling pulled in many directions, and it's probably because I still haven't seen it yet. I feel an instinct to want to hate it because it's not Torri, but I'm pleased to hear everyone's reports about JoeF knocking it out of the ballpark with the Woobie!John and Sparky goodness. I guess the best way to put it is that it's better than it could have been, but not as good as it should have been.
            Let's do it!
            sig made by me

Comment

John sends a message:

Gotta go to bed. Dang.
              Love it!
              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
                Nothing Else Matters aside from Sparky. I'm sure that you'll all agree.

This is my ending to 'Ghost in the Machine' I hope you enjoy this coda.
                If we could really have this ... *sigh*
                sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by SoulSpinder View Post
                  Falcon- you didn't have to credit me. It's not like I was able to help that much. But thanks anyway!
                  Yes, I do.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                  » I luff Falcon's new lemming signature
                  It was time for a change.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  *squees* Those are wonderful! "Rose" was so beautiful and so sad, and "Confession" was such fluffy fun. Well done! Happy Sparky Green!
                  Thank you.

Falcon Horus, the stories are amazing!!!
                  I tried my best. Thank you.

I have still one that could be Sparky maybe but it requires some more detail first.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  *applauds* Lovely. I especially love the Rose story.
                  Thanks.

That's funny.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
                    You know, I wondered how ‘Ghost in the Machine’ would go down. I really did. But I wasn’t expecting what I got…

Spoiler:
                    Right from the very beginning, when Elizabeth started communicating though the computers I started to cry, hard. I could just picture what it must have been like for her, lost and trapped for all those months, especially when Rodney was synthesizing her voice. I was half expecting a digitized copy of Torri, but I’m glad that it wasn’t.

And I am so glad that it wasn't Torri playing this character, if it had been I don't think that I would have calmed down yet...It's been about half an hour now and I've finally stopped crying...finally...

I want to relate all that I felt in this episode but it’s still too much of a blur, and despite how I was totally wracked with sobs by the end (I knew that they wouldn’t just seal her in a lab) I know that I’m going to have to watch it again. Ghost in the Machine was a freaking fantastic, bloody brilliant, jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring, breathtaking-wow episode.

This was the most sparky filled episode that I have ever seen, the angst level…the moments between ‘Elizabeth’ and John were just heartbreaking. Beautiful and sad and terrible and heartbreaking all at the same time….

I applaud Carl Binder for his brilliance, I applaud MM for capturing the essence of Elizabeth to a ‘T’, I love Joe F for reminding us that John still loves Elizabeth, I love David H for putting so much guilt and emotion into his scenes, I love Rachel for her poise in portraying Teyla, I love Jason M for his stoic-ness in Ronan and most of all I loved the episode.

It was more than I expected, better than I expected. They didn’t end the storyline. They left it open, WIDE open. And this time John KNOWS what has happened to her and he’s going to have to live with that…or do something about it.

I can only hope that JM and the rest of TPTB realize what an absolute Gem they have here with a storyline. I so hope that they don’t leave her out there forever…but even if they do we had this episode and most of all I am so glad that you all loved it.

I’ll say what I’ve always said…

SPARKY EVER AFTER….ALWAYS
                    You said this very well. Have you posted your thoughts on the episode thread?

Yep, we'll always be better than the show. I'm watching justhere's clips. Feels so weird. The only thing that convinces me it's really Elizabeth - are John's reactions to her. And Rodney? I want to hug him really hard. Poor thing.

The scene with Teyla is very weir. Very very weird.
                    John's reaction was the whole show. Think about the script. Without his faces there would not have been much Sparky. Except for that one part about
                    Spoiler:
                    what if one of them wanted to stay. *oh Johns* That just broke me.

And on the Teyla scene. I think she was very cautious not to reveal where her family was. But the idea that she had been gushing about Kanaan tickles me to no end. And Elizabeth clearly did not think John was the father.

Funny. I asked my husband if he saw the scene where Elizabeth thought the baby was John's and then John came in all jealous. And you should have seen his face. Uh no.

Dang it. I have to do RL stuff until this afternoon. Be back.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*applauds to Eri*

As for fanon writers, I need a bit of help.
                      Spoiler:

I need some enemy to invade Atlantis, just like the Genii did in S1. I'm not sure I can use Genii this time, it has to be someone to wreck havoc on the city and things have to go very badly... help me out please? You'll get some John whump from me.
                      Hmmm, here is the counter question:
                      Spoiler:

- would Travellers attack? I don't know a lot about them but do they make sense as bad guys with secret agenda?
                      Spoiler:
                      The Travellers might have an agenda alright, BUT do they have the means to pull this off? Even with their ships, attacking Atlantis would be dangerous to say the least, so if you'll go with the Travellers, you'd need to give them a significant edge.

When it come to someone invading Atlantis, the Replicators are the first thing that comes to mind. They could dial the gate and fire some kind of energy that would disable the gate shield (I've got an idea how, if you are interested).

Comment

For Falcon Horus and Reiko ONLY
                        Spoiler:

John didn't get any kirking lately. He's been so desperate he took a piece of cardboard, painted a face on it, glued it to a mop and pretends it's his lover for two reasons:

Spoiler:
                        He lost Elizabeth to a REAL MAN...

Elizabeth: This is MY idea of a wedding kiss, Radek!

Spoiler:
                        ...and then he lost Teyla to a REAL WOMAN

Kate: Teyla, what do we need men for anyway?

Comment

Of this discussion of enemies...

Spoiler:

The only thing I have with the Travellers being the invader is that they are first and foremost a trading, hiding, people. Now why Atlantis would possibly be the only place they could safely "attack" as none of their enemies know where it is, I'm not sure they'd attack someone who's a potential tool. They had major help from the Atlantis crew.

Granted they ARE very independent. It's possible that they could come after something they believe is vital that Atlantis (likely the IOA?) denies them. But if you want truly violent intentions, I'm not sure they'd be the best. I'm not saying that they're without backbone-Larrin proved us otherwise- but they don't seem like a group of people to "waste" valuable resources.

If you want to play on the "maybe we're not the good guys" you could have a group of people whose society deterorated due to a prod in an existing feud from our dear team/introduction of ideas/technology.

You could have technology scavengers. Having a cloaking type system themselves (Think who's perception filter- there, but you just don't want to/can't look at it. So possibly flawed.) they spot an uncloaked puddlejumper and follow it back to the mother load of all tech so far in the galaxy- Atlantis.)

those are just random thoughts. HOpe it helped some.
                          "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                            Spoiler:

John didn't get any kirking lately. He's been so desperate he took a piece of cardboard, painted a face on it, glued it to a mop and pretends it's his lover for two reasons:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Poor John... No luck for him.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

;.; I can't be amused too? *sniffsniffs*

*walks away like a bad person for having looked.*
                              "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulSpinder View Post
                                ;.; I can't be amused too? *sniffsniffs*

*walks away like a bad person for having looked.*
                                Very few Sparky shippers can take that kind of humour lightly

Comment

Working...
                                X