Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    Oh yeah, I wanted to share my fic link like a couple of you asked of me when I suggested writing one.

You guys can let me know what you think. Keeping in mind...I'm a total newbie. ; ) Also a slave to shippy romantic fic...

The Opposite Side of Goodbye is here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2519396/1/
    Oh that was wonderful!

Comment

Just love all the ages represented. Bama, you sure can call me Gran if you want to. My son will probably never stop horsing around and give me a grandbaby, so that will have to do for now. We all seem to be intelligent, professional, future professional and former professional women. Could that be why we admire Elizabeth/Torri so much? It's projecting I know. Pardon the 10 cent psychology, but it is. We can't let just anybody have our boy.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
        Just did some research.
        Torri went to Guildhall in London. Ewan McGregor graduated in 1992.
        Presuming it's your traditional 3 year course, which most are, that puts her around 33 or 34.
        Does that sound about right?
        Based on the fact that I read somewhere that she went to England to study when she was 18....
        I seem to recall reading an article about the time Atlantis began that said Torri was 32, so 33 or 34 is probably accurate.

Oh yeah, I wanted to share my fic link like a couple of you asked of me when I suggested writing one.

You guys can let me know what you think. Keeping in mind...I'm a total newbie. ; ) Also a slave to shippy romantic fic...

Great fic, Bama!

Originally posted by Dorka
        Nah, my parents (late 40's) always ask me: "Aren't you a bit old to watch a serie like this."
        They thought, when I began watching with 11 that I will stop, when I get a bit older... but here I am! (o.k my parents are generally a bit anti-SciFi ) I think it's great, when there are all age-groups...makes it more intresting
        My parents are also in their late 40s, but they've just started working their way though the SG-1 DVDs. At the pace their going, I figure they'll be all caught up on both shows at the end of next season. (I'm 25 myself, if anyone is actually trying to figure the average out or something.)

Oh, and welcome to...all the newcomers I haven't welcomed yet. People are coming in so fast it's hard to keep up. I bet we hit post 7000 inside of two weeks if there's one good Shep/Weir scene in one of the next two episodes.

a time to mourn

Comment

Hey everybody I just like to say, how much I enjoy this thread. You guys are just wonderful, giving fun thought provoking posts about our two favorite characters. Love the pics.

Tonight most of us have a new episode "Duet". I am really looking forward to this episode. Everything I read from all the Stargate crew have said this is one of their favorite episodes. I mean we have
          Spoiler:
          David Hewett at his comedic best, a Beckett/McKay moment, Ronan trying to fit into Atlantis, and most likely Sheppard and Weir arguing about Ronan and hopefully talking about the kissing bandit . Which means hopefully a lot of eye gazing and close proximty. Should be a great episode.
          Lady F

Comment

Welcome hail_dorothy!

stargatecaps.com

Comment

Oh goodness. . .I LOVED your story!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                I seem to remember a discussion about sexing up Liz's outfit a few pages back...

[tag]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Bridgess/kickassLiz.png[/tag]
                I..I..there are no words!

WELCOME HAIL DOROTHY!

Alyssa, congradulations on post 6,000! Wont be long before we're taking bets on who will get post 10,000

I can't see letting her fight wraiths but I do think a little light training with a gun might be a good thing for her. Never know when your life might be in your own hands in a world like this.
                I agree. Given the environment they are in, i think it would be prudent for her to carry a weapon. Not a P90, just a hand-gun.

I know a lot of us have read it, but for all you noobies, if you want a fic where you get action!Lizzie fully armed, then check out Quiet Riot. Angsty fic - be warned.

Wow, Torri went to college/uni with Ewan McGregger! I'm amazed she found time to study and pass, what with all the drooling that was to be done Johnny Depp! *thunk* Indeed, that chick does have good taste.

Oh yeah and for the age stats - I'm 19 (20 next month).

*saves Bama's fic to read later*
                Last edited by SallyLizzie; 05 August 2005, 06:12 AM.

Comment

I sent my review already. Lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                    Ooh! A Club!...Can i join??...Do we get badges?...Ok, Im pretty sad I know

Lovely Hair and smile pic ahoy!

I think I just swallowed my tongue. *stares* *stares some more*There just no way Sheppard could ever deny the he'd love to get with that omg!!

*points to evidence*

Okay, so I altered that in PSP. They weren't standing that close. But still. He totally would.

And yeah, as a lurking shipper for both Sam/Jack and Mulder/Scully through the ship wars, watching the fruitcakes tear each other to pieces was not fun. But this happy little lovefest is brilliant. We totally win.

Comment

Wow!! its nice to know we have so many Xfiles shippers in here...the more the merrier Just great for ever growing SW shipdom! *nods towards TPTB*

BTW I`m 38 and proud to be part of this shipperdom..anyway age is not relative when it comes to romance..isn`t it

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
                      - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Wow... guys, you realize that we hit 5,000 posts on July 16? We've added a thousand posts in under three weeks!

Welcome to the new people! Glad you found your way here. And hopefully we'll have more of our trademark discussion style by the end of the night. (Who knows, I might even update Revelation before the day is done...)

As for tonight, I know the episode information doesn't have much to do with Sheppard or Weir, but let's just remember that some of our favorite moments in Season 1 were the most unexpected.

Speaking of which, what was the most unexpected Shep/Weir moment of Season 1 for everybody?
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Must... stop... staring... at... shippy... pix!!!!

:sigh: forget it... RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            Speaking of which, what was the most unexpected Shep/Weir moment of Season 1 for everybody?
                            "38 Minutes" - the ending in the infirmary. . the "what were you going to say?" diddy. Caught me totally off guard as I wasn't expecting any Shep/Weir.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Wonderful! Thankyou
                              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

My goodness you guys were chatty last night! You guys are going to make me late for work. Since I usually browse through this thread before heading off to hell.

Wow, I think 1000+ posts in several weeks. That must be a record for us!

When I think about it, I've been watching SG every since I came onto syndication and I can't really remember what year that was. Because syndication is weird like that. But it has been a long time. (I'm 23 by the way.)

I'm lucky that my Dad is also a huge Scifi fan, so I can get away with saying "I'm not going anywhere on Friday nights!" Only problem is that his English isn't that good, so I have to explain the technobabble and stuff to him. That's why I usually end up watching early and late airings of the episodes.

As for most unexpected Shep/Weir moment in Season 1...there were so many! There was the "38 Minutes" and the cute moment in "Home." But if I had to pick one, I say "The Eye." The killing rampage after he thought Elizabeth and the hand holding/"Are you okay" afterwards...I believe that was when I gave up and decided not to resist the ship.
                                Last edited by Athenaktt; 05 August 2005, 06:43 AM. Reason: I can spell really!
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X