Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Is there anything in particular that you have already read, so I don't post any repeats?

I certainly never thought he slept with Mara. He looked way too uncomfortable with her pushiness, even before she ambushed him. And once she did drop her robe, it seemed like he was really squicked out and only playing along with her until he could get away from her... and then she gave him the perfect excuse when she mentioned that she wanted him just so that she could secure the throne for herself. Instant cold shower! *snickers*
    I have read all of Anuna's & Oparu's fics. Most of Irony's. Those are the big ones that stand out. I am all for repeats. Thanks you!

As for uncomfortable John, oh yes! He was not very happy at the possibility was he? He was remotely curious in Epiphany, but here he was just not interested.
    sig made by me

Comment

» I love that Epiphany picture, and Elizabeth's interactions with John during the whole "rescue".

» Eh, I guess we're on The Tower now. Did I mention how much I hate this episode? I'm afraid I have many of the same issues with this episode that Eri does - cliches abound, it was horribly done, and most of it had little appeal and it was vastly predictable. Oh - and as a side note, Joseph Mallozzi penned this one.

» I hate the lack of Elizabeth in this one, too. For discovering an Ancient city that well may be Atlantis-esque (c'mon; the frakking tower looks the same), it's awful stupid that we don't have our governor of the colony come visit to explore or at least meet with the society's leaders.

» I really didn't have a problem with the Kirking - which, so far, was pretty much only Chaya and Teer who I wasn't in love with but they didn't bother me. Mara was the first Kirkette that, erm, disturbed me. And annoyed me - gah, that voice of hers. It was that unnecessary "sexual assault" scene that put me off altogether. Argh. Mara makes me want to take a very cold acid shower.

» CARSON! I'll forget the rest of the episode, just rememeber the super Sparky parts and Carson in his nummy shirt. Life is good.

» Sparky moment at the end - makes up for the suffering this episode, mainly Mara and the asshat with the posh British accent put me through. Hee! So cute. That balcony is so their balcony.

» In fact, I wouldn't mind if every SGA episode ended with Shep and Weir talking on the balcony. Like Boston Legal

Comment

Can someone point me to crack!fic recs, so I can get a general idea of what people do? I tried to start but I'm hitting a wall.

Preferrably on fanfic.net--I can't get LJ. *flutters eyelashes*
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Oh that's... that's... that's.... EEEEW!

I mean really! Ugliest pair of boots I ever saw! Now I have to write a fic about Elizabeth teasing John about the boots.

I bring more fluff: Not dating by Shane Vansen
          That is one of the cutest fics around.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          Eri: Crack!Fic. Please?

Cazz: Thanks for the vid rec. It's sweet.

Anuna & SC: Love the fic recs. You guys I am going to ask for a giant list next week please. All smut/fluff/angst. I am on vacation for three weeks starting July 4th. My plan is to finish watching Farscape & Supernatural, and read as many sparky fic humanly possible during those weeks. *more toothy grin*

SR: Ya need to write a crack!fic too. *g*

Now my 2c for The Tower .... why does everyone think John slept w/ Mora? I swear I thought he'd thrown her out of his room, and it was pretty clear. Do I have to suffer through watching it *again*?
          Have a great vacation! I'm not sure who the people are who think John really slept with Mara. Maybe those who aren't exactly John fans. I dunno. The original scene was with John and Otho the next morning. John makes it clear that he sent Mara away, but that part was cut. The balcony scene just reinforces it.

I'm not so sure exactly what crack!fic is either. I thought it was stuff like the one where John turns into a cat or others with everyone seriously OOC. Anything someone would write while on crack basically.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            I have read all of Anuna's & Oparu's fics. Most of Irony's. Those are the big ones that stand out. I am all for repeats. Thanks you!
            Let's see, you're going to be on vacation for three whole weeks, so some nice long fics would be a good fit. As you said that you've read most of irony_rocks' stories, there's her Diminishing Proximity (listed at the above link) and the Wild West Atlantis AU series that IR has written several stories for.

I also pimp highly recommend Stargate Renaissance (written by Melyanna, Miera and AngelQueen), West Gate (written by Melyanna), and Langford University (like Wild West Atlantis, it's written by a whole bunch of people).

Gee, most of my faves in the big epic fic category are AUs. Sparky fits in everywhere!

And Eri asked for some crack!fic, preferably on fanfiction.net... unfortunately, I've never seen anything good on ffnet. All of the really good stuff is on LJ. I'll post the links to 'em anyway if you want them... There's some damn fun zombie!fics out there that'll have you rolling on the floor! (darnit, now where did I put the link to that one where Lucius Lavin got killed by zombies!)
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I'm not so sure exactly what crack!fic is either. I thought it was stuff like the one where John turns into a cat or others with everyone seriously OOC. Anything someone would write while on crack basically.
              That's what I thought it was, too. Basically something that is so ridiculously off the wall that it would never happen on the show... like the zombie!fic I mentioned.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

At first, I wanted to write a certain fiction about Rising (to please you by giving killing John and Liz together), but now I'm writing Quarantine

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  At first, I wanted to write a certain fiction about Rising (to please you by giving killing John and Liz together), but now I'm writing Quarantine
                  Good luck with that. There wasn't much in canon in Quarantine that pleased us. Maybe John climbing the tower, no matter how improbable and ridiculous. And we'd rather you left them alive together. lol
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good luck with that. There wasn't much in canon in Quarantine that pleased us. Maybe John climbing the tower, no matter how improbable and ridiculous. And we'd rather you left them alive together. lol
                    Yeah, that was the only part of Quarantine that I liked. Definitely insane and unrealistic, but it was fun, and it was Shep, so I liked it.

Comment

I think I have some of the mentioned carckfics saved to my hard drive... I can send it to you, Eri They're from LJ. Can we send them to Eri as a word file?

As TSK mentioned - I hate Kirking episodes is general for two reasons: first - Kirking doesn't really fit with John's personality. That's the first hint of stinking bad writing for me. Only the writers who don't know their characters can do something like this. The second reason is - because its dumbing John down. John is smart, that's the only way I can see him, only canon I accept, and precisely because he's smart Elizabeth is his match. Birds of feather... you know. Smart guys don't like stupid girls, that's a fact of life.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I think I have some of the mentioned carckfics saved to my hard drive... I can send it to you, Eri They're from LJ. Can we send them to Eri as a word file?
                        Hmm, I'll have to go gather those zombie!fics I was talking about. Those are definitely crack!fic at its finest.

As TSK mentioned - I hate Kirking episodes is general for two reasons: first - Kirking doesn't really fit with John's personality. That's the first hint of stinking bad writing for me. Only the writers who don't know their characters can do something like this.
                        Yeah, for a man who obviously has issues with being able to express emotion of any kind (and he admits it!), and especially those of an intimate nature, the idea of him going from hot chick to hot chick as often as the rest of us change our underwear is ridiculous. He clearly holds his feelings to be so sacred that sharing them with someone is an act of immense trust; he won't let his guard down with just anyone.

The second reason is - because its dumbing John down. John is smart, that's the only way I can see him, only canon I accept, and precisely because he's smart Elizabeth is his match. Birds of feather... you know. Smart guys don't like stupid girls, that's a fact of life.
                        *nods* Yup. John could've been Mensa (and is, in the AU from "McKay and Mrs. Miller"). Elizabeth has two Ph.D's. He would totally think that she's hot!

Comment

» John likes his women ubersmart

» And - my photoshop muse is about as bad a TPTB's. Try to finish Sparky art piece tomorrow

Comment

One thing about How it should have been stories: The violations of physical laws that don't end in character death are beneath my contempt. I wouldn't bother myself with writing them without character deaths (okay, chapter 3 ended with character survival, but you know what I mean)

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              Hey, at least it's there's a Sparky reference somewhere. Bound together in death (although I'm guessing it's more like drowned together). Have I ever mentioned to you (Razzie OT)

Spoiler:
                              in Progeny, if you look closely where Atlantis is under attack and they all run out of the control room, there is one shot where they start to run for the stairs, and plastic faux debri starts falling on them, but David Nykl obviously doesn't realise where he is supposed to be standing. Torri grabs him by the arm to stop him. just before a big piece lands where he would have been standing. One actor looking out for another, or unspoken love??

I think I have already. If not I'm sure somebody else has already noticed that.
                              sigpic

Comment

The Tower

I have to say that, as much as I love Sparky, I think John did sleep with (wth is her name?) the alien cliche/princess. He certainly seemed into it to me (up until the point where she says that she wants him to father a child). In faux reality, they've been in relative isolation for 1.5odd yrs. People have needs. And yes while I think he would have preferred to sleep with Elizabeth, he would be capable of transferrance. Wouldn't it have been funny if in the morning he had accidentally called her Elizabeth? There may/may not have been a scene cut. I'm a big believer in on-screen writing. Why should they assume that everyone goes through that footage, or looks things up on the net (take TNG's Nemesis for example - there was a myriad of stuff in that that supposedly wrapped all of the characters up, but only in the 'extras')

Re the ep itself, yep plot holes galore. Half of the expedition should have been investigating the city, or at the very least a science team. For that matter, why did they not go back to Athos and investigate the sister city there?? The aristocracy - sigh. This ep was s2's Lucius eps. I tend to agree with the screencap (Eri's??) with Elizabeth being glad she wasn't in the ep.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X