No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, because I made you all sit through my lack of technological ability....another canon Sparky moment. At least that's how I choose to interpret this little scene from Submersion.....
    Spoiler:

SHEPPARD: Not that I think you’re nuts.

TEYLA: It’s alright, John. (She smiles.) I am relieved.

WEIR: So am I. Well, we have a lot of exploring to do.

SHEPPARD: “We”?

WEIR: Until Rodney delivers the preliminary status report, I’m all yours. Put me to work, Colonel.

SHEPPARD: Alright, let’s make up some time. Break into teams. Ronon, you’re with Teyla. Elizabeth, you’re with me -- or I’m with you, however you wanna put it.

(Ronon hands him a rifle and he walks off, Elizabeth following him.)

WEIR: Either [ee-ther] way ... or either [eye-ther] way.

(Ronon hands Teyla a pistol and they too head off.)

sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by luciana View Post

Next Animated Sparky Moment Will Follow Soon.
      Just Need More Caps.
      Love It!!!

Comment

Although it's "cheesy" and "not one of my best" sigs?

Some people chose the wrong day to tell me things like that.
        I felt bad already now I'm pissed.

Nevertheless I'm going to do another sig of "38 Minutes".
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post

Wha? Huh? Well, all I know is that everything of yours which you have shared here has been beautiful in my eyes. You Go Girl!
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
            And, because I made you all sit through my lack of technological ability....another canon Sparky moment. At least that's how I choose to interpret this little scene from Submersion.....
            Spoiler:

WEIR: Until Rodney delivers the preliminary status report, I’m all yours. Put me to work, Colonel.

SHEPPARD: Alright, let’s make up some time. Break into teams. Ronon, you’re with Teyla. Elizabeth, you’re with me -- or I’m with you, however you wanna put it.

Heehee! I love that scene. A little moment of cuteness to break up the tension of everything else that's going on in this very serious episode. And it gave JoeF and Torri a chance to let Sheppard and Weir to have another one of those playful moments that always makes them shine.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wha? Huh? Well, all I know is that everything of yours which you have shared here has been beautiful in my eyes. You Go Girl!
              Thank you very much.
              I think the sigs you and Torri are using are some of my best.
              And I don't say that very often.

I'm happy you're using it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post

What? Don't let those nasty Sparky-haters get you down! Your sigs are awesome and we love them! *hugs*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And now, to my Canon Day fic rec:

Five Times John Saw a Different Side to Elizabeth, by witchofthedogs. Five moments actually seen in canon or inspired by things seen in canon, that give John a perspective that no one else in Atlantis ever sees. It is so John, and so Elizabeth, and so them together, while also fitting seamlessly into the episodes as we know them. And that final part... John's not the only one who believes.

Happy reading!

Comment

As long as you like them. I do them just for the Sparky lover.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Heehee! I love that scene. A little moment of cuteness to break up the tension of everything else that's going on in this very serious episode. And it gave JoeF and Torri a chance to let Sheppard and Weir to have another one of those playful moments that always makes them shine.
                      I LOVE Submersion for the two major Sparky moments we get. The "You're with me or I'm with you" "either way or eye-ther way" line--come on! The writers were totally going for something there. I call it the 'Scooby Moment"--fred and daphne leaving shaggy and velma to be alone together.

And then their conversations in the hallway are nice--business-like, but nice.

I also like the scene in the beginning, when John leans over and does a 'papa to mama' kinda question:

SHEPPARD (to Elizabeth): Well, still glad you came?

(Elizabeth, who had been lost in thought until now, jerks out of her reverie.)

WEIR: Oh, sorry. (Sarcastically) I was preoccupied thinking about the geothermal drilling platform.

SHEPPARD: Shouldn't take us much longer. We just passed the thermal layer and I'm getting some readings a couple of hundred feet ahead.

WEIR: If we did manage to find an alternate and potentially limitless power supply, that would make even this insufferably long search seem worthwhile.

(The heads-up display comes up on the windshield.)

SHEPPARD: OK, kids, we're here.
                      He even added the 'kids'. Jeez. Submersion was Sparky in disguise.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I think so too. And Submersion was mama/papa Sparky at its best.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          I LOVE Submersion for the two major Sparky moments we get. The "You're with me or I'm with you" "either way or eye-ther way" line--come on! The writers were totally going for something there. I call it the 'Scooby Moment"--fred and daphne leaving shaggy and velma to be alone together.

And then their conversations in the hallway are nice--business-like, but nice.
                          'Scooby Moment.' So true!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          I also like the scene in the beginning, when John leans over and does a 'papa to mama' kinda question:

He even added the 'kids'. Jeez. Submersion was Sparky in disguise.
                          Aagh! How could I have forgotten the teaser scene? *headdesk* Everything from the banter between the squabbling 'kids' in the backseat to the 'mom and dad' moment up in the front. That was classic Sparky!family. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            And now, to my Canon Day fic rec:

Five Times John Saw a Different Side to Elizabeth, by witchofthedogs. Five moments actually seen in canon or inspired by things seen in canon, that give John a perspective that no one else in Atlantis ever sees. It is so John, and so Elizabeth, and so them together, while also fitting seamlessly into the episodes as we know them. And that final part... John's not the only one who believes.

Happy reading!
                            I liked them too. The 3rd? 4th? one raises an issue I had with s3

Spoiler:
                            Weir with a gun. TH had previously said that Weir would never hold a gun, and yet it TR she has an ARG. Technically it won't kill humans, but I got a big shock when I bought the dvd set (it hadn't fully aired on nz tv by that stage). Surely they could've included a convo about what a big deal that was. Another missed opportunity
                            sigpic

Comment

i posted a while back here about my dead old forum and if anyone is willing to pimp it
                              however, the registration problem is fixed now (thank you Essex) so ....

(Link >>) PIMP IT SPARKIES! (<< Link)

i dont care what so ever what you guys do on there, just please please please... make it be alive ..

Comment

Okay that last post wasn't really Sparky related => Weir thread?? I might derail that too

So what fics should I read? Bear in mind I haven't read many. I don't like the mushy stuff so much (that's kinda why I watch tv coz reading makes one process the emotions at the same time & I'm a [pig of a] guy) but do really like the angsty stuff.

Also SR I tried to get you a good Youtube clip about teenagers. IDK. Gateraid + tech = boom. Will try again soon. That website is down

EDIT: It should work now. Was searching from the wrong website. Boom
                                Last edited by gateraid; 17 June 2008, 12:59 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X