Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Popping up to leave some smut: http://anuna-81.livejournal.com/52161.html#cutid1

Enjoy!
    I love you so much right now.

Absolutely fantastic fic!

Comment

Popping up to leave some smut: http://anuna-81.livejournal.com/52161.html#cutid1

Enjoy!
      god bless you sweety!

this is exactly what i need now ... everything over here is **** and i cant get out of my depression mood... thanks for making me focus on something good.

Comment

*hhhee*

thats an awesome fic.. just read it *drooling* poor rodney at the end .. rofl...

go ppl and read it.. its worth it *yummy*

Comment

*sticks head in, looks around, takes a tentative step forward*

Hi guys, I love this discussion. Your thoughts on Rising have been spot on. How could anyone not see the Sparky? It boggles.

My husband was flipping channels last Friday and landed on Hide and Seek. We watched for the sheer fun of seeing one of the early ones and laughing about how everybody except Shep looked really young. Ha. I swear the man has found the fountain of youth. Anyway, what struck me also was how much better it was than anything they write today. It was a tight script that showed interactions between various people to the extent that you got a good feeling of how close they had become in just a little while together. The scene with Carson and Grodin *pauses to scream Peeeetttteeeerrrr!* comes to mind when they were laughing at Rodney. And Rodney here IMHO was comic relief without being annoying. How can he have grown more sympathetic and more annoying at the same time? *iz confuzzled*

Sparky though was just all over the place in every scene together. I had forgotten how much eye sex this one has. They are just joined at the hip at times and right away you get the sense that they are running the city jointly. He doesn't stand around and wait for her orders so much as they come up with a plan together. I may actually watch this again later after I get back from my hair appointment so I can be more specific. In the meantime I look forward to your discussion.

And here's to Sparky:

Pesky
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Enjoy!

God bless you Anuna! Smut here I come!!!
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by mcat View Post
              (I've been talking mostly about John, but I also want to note that Elizabeth tells him to shut up, something which has amused me ever since the first time I saw it. Here's this accomplished, renowned diplomat saying "shut up" in an argument. I think it shows that Elizabeth isn't interacting with him like a diplomat to a recalcitrant foreign leader--she doesn't need to use her diplomatic "tricks" on him--she's just interacting with him person to person. It's Elizabeth, not Dr. Weir. Sorry for the long aside.)

Anyway, finally we have the ending scene, again on the balcony. They argued here, they make up here, they make out here. What's most notable to me that hasn't been specifically mentioned is the obvious surprise and almost-confusion on John's face when Elizabeth offers him a team. Despite their earlier disagreement and her moments of anger with him, here she is, handing over the keys of the city to him (excuse my metaphoring). He was not expecting that level of trust from her, and certainly not so soon. It has to mean a heck of a lot to him, and I think this is where he really starts to loosen up, even teasing her a bit. And as the camera pulls away, we can see how comfortable they already are with each other. Our John still has a lot of issues to work out, but she's already put chinks in his armor.

And that is why I've shipped Sparky ever since the first episode. (I don't even think I noticed Sheyla at all as a possibility, ha.)
              No apologizing! You make tons of good points, asides and metaphors included, so please continue!

I also love she tells him to shut up--it's just like you say, that she gets down to the level of person-to-person rather than leader-to-subordinate immediately. Despite his record being what it is, and the fact that what he's suggesting is dangerous, she turns immediately to him instead of the other 'trained, loyal' marines for advice. She knew he was the best person to be her co-head and leader from day one. Poor Sumner, he had no chance.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              *sticks head in, looks around, takes a tentative step forward*

Hi guys, I love this discussion. Your thoughts on Rising have been spot on. How could anyone not see the Sparky? It boggles.

My husband was flipping channels last Friday and landed on Hide and Seek. We watched for the sheer fun of seeing one of the early ones and laughing about how everybody except Shep looked really young. Ha. I swear the man has found the fountain of youth. Anyway, what struck me also was how much better it was than anything they write today. It was a tight script that showed interactions between various people to the extent that you got a good feeling of how close they had become in just a little while together. The scene with Carson and Grodin *pauses to scream Peeeetttteeeerrrr!* comes to mind when they were laughing at Rodney. And Rodney here IMHO was comic relief without being annoying. How can he have grown more sympathetic and more annoying at the same time? *iz confuzzled*

Sparky though was just all over the place in every scene together. I had forgotten how much eye sex this one has. They are just joined at the hip at times and right away you get the sense that they are running the city jointly. He doesn't stand around and wait for her orders so much as they come up with a plan together. I may actually watch this again later after I get back from my hair appointment so I can be more specific. In the meantime I look forward to your discussion.
              Thanks for ushering in Day 2! Hide and Seek:

For the record, I just have to mention that one of my favorite lines/scenes from Hide and Seek has to be her complaining about the 10,000 year old plants. That always makes me laugh, for some reason. I think it has to do with the delivery by Torri.

First Sparky for me, other than the scene of Sheppard and McKay being stupid (I have to admit, though, I love that scene because it's so boys being boys!) is in the meeting where Teyla questions the trust of the Lanteans, and John immediately jumps in and holds Weir's position. It's the 'united front' theme we'll see on and off again throughout the show.

One of the things I really like about "Hide and Seek" is that it is devoted to establishing personalities and relationships. And the writing was really good--I liked how everything sort of reflected and came back again to a certain point of significance ("I think you 'passed out'" "That was a Hail Mary").

My favorite John/Elizabeth scene is the one where they call out McKay, causing his shield to finally deactivate. It's Elizabeth's initial 'set-up', but John immediately gets where she's going and joins in. It's an intelligent assessment and one of snappy, smart humor (Elizabeth's expression when she says "I thought so" is absolutely priceless)--plus, their's that 'united front' thing again. And McKay senses it too, knowing they're both thinking the same thing. His reaction is one of a guy having to justify his actions to both of them, not just Elizabeth.

Throughout the story they're comfortable in each other's presence--established in the beginning when John has no problem boasting he shot at Rodney, and Elizabeth's reaction is 'stupid boys' rather than something more disciplinary. She never orders him around; he backs her up. As he does in 'Suspicion', he defends Weir's position rather than question it. The bond continues, and helps set up the scene at the end of "38 Minutes" that shows why they react the way they do at the potential of John being killed--despite only having known each other for a few weeks.

Shout outs to Grodin (because I loved him *sigh*), Elizabeth's decisionmaking authority, her immediate ability to translate Halling's Ancient, John's telling of Friday the 13th as a horror story, Elizabeth's cute candle scene ("It's going to get very dark in here"), and being dressed in civvies.

Only one minor complaint. They should have had Weir like football. I say that from a biased standpoint because I LOVE football. She should have been a sporty girl.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

*throws in some icons*

More Elizabeth ones at my LJ *points to sig*
                I'm rewatching hide and seek tonight

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                  *throws in some icons*

Shamelessly stealing and is off to read the discussion.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                    *throws in some icons*

awww - they are soo cute!!
                    they suite to my 'mom & dad' icons .. yaaaay .. sparky family!!

snagging a few of them - hope you dont mind

*jumps into lj*

Comment

So, I want to re-watch H&S before I post anything, but I don't know if I'll have time tonight. How long does each episode's discussion go on? As long as we want, right?

Sparky on youtube

Comment

This picture is just crying out for a caption .
                        BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post

This picture is just crying out for a caption .
                          Hey Rodney, you are getting awfully close to MY man's chest!
                          (in thought) If only that was Elizabeth's hand **sigh**
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            For the record, I just have to mention that one of my favorite lines/scenes from Hide and Seek has to be her complaining about the 10,000 year old plants. That always makes me laugh, for some reason. I think it has to do with the delivery by Torri.
                            I love that bit, too. It's just so dead-pan, you can't help but laugh. Torri hit just the right note on it.

One of the things I really like about "Hide and Seek" is that it is devoted to establishing personalities and relationships. And the writing was really good--I liked how everything sort of reflected and came back again to a certain point of significance ("I think you 'passed out'" "That was a Hail Mary").
                            Yes! They hit the ground running... and somewhere along the way, they hit a wall...

Shout outs to Grodin (because I loved him *sigh*), Elizabeth's decisionmaking authority, her immediate ability to translate Halling's Ancient, John's telling of Friday the 13th as a horror story, Elizabeth's cute candle scene ("It's going to get very dark in here"), and being dressed in civvies.
                            Got to agree here... it's the little moments like these that made this episode, and really, all of Season 1, so very enjoyable.

Only one minor complaint. They should have had Weir like football. I say that from a biased standpoint because I LOVE football. She should have been a sporty girl.
                            Heck yeah! And hey, Elizabeth used to teach at Georgetown... so I guess she's supposed to be an East Coast girl, and football is just friggin' HUGE back there, right? (Of course, I say this as a West Coast girl who is a die-hard USC fan and alumna...)

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                            Hey Rodney, you are getting awfully close to MY man's chest!
                            (in thought) If only that was Elizabeth's hand **sigh**
                            Elizabeth's hand... ripping my shirt off...
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey you started discussing the episodes from the beginning again already? But we haven't even finished counting the Sparky moments yet. The last episode we did there was Aurora.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              And here's to Sparky:

Pesky
                              Too good!

Comment

uhm... sparky!spam?

Spoiler:

liz sure dreams *omg.. isnt he amazing*

Comment

Working...
                                X