No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading up... everything Wayside writes is beautiful. You should all read her 'Cradle Song'... very Sparky and extremely sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
      I just remembered the name of a fic I really like.....

"Danger Zone" by Bama.

I don't think it is online anymore though. She took a lot (if not all) of her stories offline a while back. I haven't checked lately though to see if she reposted any. Darn good story that one is.
      I miss Bama. She really kept things interesting. *wipes a tear*

I found these fics which are also quite good.

http://www.wraithbait.com/viewuser.php?uid=434
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Where did she go to anyways? She wrote ALOT and I loved it. lol.
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          Where did she go to anyways? She wrote ALOT and I loved it. lol.
          I don't know. She's been gone probably a year. Got disgusted and left I guess. We're not all gluttons for punishment. LOL. But she sure did keep things stirred up. She could really make you believe Sparky was real. I wonder if she knows it wasn't all in our heads. That would sure make her happy. Oh gosh, now I'm all nostalgic.

You know, this proves that it's the people here who make this ship so special. Well, aside from the obvious that is.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Here's ch. 22 of Adopting Rodney. Pheww, this fic is wearing me out.

http://sg-lab.livejournal.com/72390.html#cutid1

Comment

Those fan fics were really good. It's sad to see though that people have left. I hope that no one else goes. It is hard at times though to keep the faith. Although I don't post much I read all your opinions with interest everyday and when I feel that I have something of interest to contribute I will post. In fact I will make an effort to do so. As the beginning of S4 gets closer we need to support each other more than ever. We can only hope that things do not go as bad as we think they will. To all you extremely talented fan fic authors, keep the good work up, you have a real gift. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

What promo?

I don't have sci-fi since I moved so I'm super out of the loop.

Wow, what great thoughtful posts. We just make so much sense around here. Maybe that's our problem. LOL.

I think all the recent analysis and reanalysis of old episodes has been a great help. We are at a crossroads, and a lot of us have given up and drifted away. But all it would take to wake this place up and return Sparky to the days of glory is one little moment onscreen that confirms their feelings for each other. We don't know yet that that's not coming. We do know that in the long term they will lose each other. Maybe for a time. Maybe forever. But until Adrift and Lifeline we have no idea what they are planning.

I find it hard to believe that they will just drop any hint of a strong friendship between them and have John treat Elizabeth's situation coldly. We've already seen in the promo
                Spoiler:
                him screaming her name and trying to go after her while Ronon holds him back. That shows emotion to me and surely it is not an isolated moment.
                I think over the next few weeks we need to prepare ourselves for some very heavy moments that we can always hold up as proof that they had a special bond. And it will always be backed up by what has been on screen for 3 years.

82 moments so far. What episode is next?

Comment

I miss her too. Reminded us that Sparky wans't jsut some crazed thing taht we faint over, but something real!!... ooh Ficcy! *runs off to read*
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Hello people. Sorry for being away - first I was at work and then I finally got to spend some quality time with my bf, quality meaning we got to be alone at last. (and we even managed to watch "Siege". He nearly fell asleep. Party poop.).

Did we discuss "Brotherhood"? I don't think we did. It was one of those "how to get into trouble according to McKay" episodes, right? The team is off world trying to find ZPM in Da Vinci Code style (that made the ep interesting). Plus there was Kolya, and he is my fav baddie of Stargate.

In the meantime there was this discovery of long range sensors on Atlantis, right? I have to rewatch a bit, to see if there was any sparky moment. I think there was this tiny moment at the end, after John returns to the city. Bit of eye!sex, right?

About fic recs... I read both stories by Bama on Wraithbait and they are both amazing. Can't tell which one I like better. The first kiss one was hotter than many smut fics I read. The smut fic is sweeter than many fluff pieces, and I can only say I'm sorry I wasn't around the thread when she was here.

Wayside's Cradle Song is one of my fav fics - daddy John and his precious baby girl. Wonderful.

Guys, I agree we need to support each other now. Here is an interesting thing - I ran into a post by one of GW posters who did an university paper where he compared three lead women from contemporary science fiction: Captain Janeway, Elizabeth and Laura Roslin of BSG. I asked the guy to send me the paper and he mailed the document to me. I read it with pleasure, because it was really well written and analysis he did on Elizabeth was most interesting. I don't think he is a shipper but he did notice and mentioned (in his paper!!) there was a hint of romantic relationship between John and Elizabeth. And that is a literature student who isn't a shipper, but understands sci fi genre very well. It's not only in our heads.

I'm in the process of making Elizabeth video, and the work includes cutting a lot of scenes where she is with men of Atlantis in scene. Can you guess with whom she shares the scene most often? Yup. It's John. Now add the nature of their interaction to the mixture... and we also know it was scripted - at least part of it was scripted!!! - so yeah, we, the people who call ourselves Sparkys are the ones who make this ship so great, special, interesting, exciting, sqeeeable.... what happens beyond S4 with Sparky depends more on us here than on TPTB.

I'm planning a fun little Sparky vid soon. Stay tuned.

EDIT: http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...ry.php?sid=627 - a fic about John's hair. It's not only Elizabeth who finds it adorable.
                    Last edited by Anuna; 06 September 2007, 02:11 AM.
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Hey Anuna!! *waves*

Comment

*waves back*

I know it's very OT but I just read
                        Spoiler:
                        that Luciano Pavarotti died last night. I am shocked!!! I really enjoyed to listen to him!! *is sad*

I have to go out now, but some time later you can expect a new fic rec

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                          I just remembered the name of a fic I really like.....

"Danger Zone" by Bama.

I don't think it is online anymore though. She took a lot (if not all) of her stories offline a while back. I haven't checked lately though to see if she reposted any. Darn good story that one is.
                          I have it in an MS Word format if anybody wants it.
                          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Its Awfully quiet in here tonight...heloooooo *echoes*

Comment

Glad to see Bama was a known presence here, too. I first discovered Bama at RUNHP (website devoted to the TV show "The Nanny") Yep I'm a big Fran/Maxwell shipper too. Sigh, at least they made that ship canon.

When I discovered SGA and then I discovered SGA fic, I was thrilled. There are so many great stories out there! I used to write fic at RUNHP, but haven't discovered my muse yet for SGA. Don't get me wrong, I love reading SGA fic and I am 100% convinced that the J/E ship does exist. I'm just not at the point where I feel I can write a convincing story. BUT, I keep reading sparky fic, daydreaming about sparky stories, jotting down sparky ideas and someday, I'm gonna dip my big toe into the Sparky Story Pool!
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                                I have it in an MS Word format if anybody wants it.
                                *raises hand*

You sent me that one and some others and I'm afraid they are lost due to reinstalling Windows. *facepalm*.

Pretty please?

Oh I finished my Elizabteh vid. It's sqeeeable!!! Just wait 'till it's video week guys!!

Comment

Working...
                                X