Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
    I always found the CSIs to be a little too...serious? Yeah, serious. My sister used to love them but she got bored and stopped watching after last season so I don't really catch any episodes now. NCIS, well I've only seen season 3 and now just watching season 4, so I can't comment on the first 2 seasons. My mum has got me into it
    I got into CSI for the whole sciencey stuff...I'm a genetics major so I know something about some of the techniques...then the characters suckered me in.
    Never really watched NCIS...that's the one with Micheal Weatherby in it, right?

yup yup Tribe fan here used to watch it every Saturday morning.
    How bizzare. But cool. Ever post on the (now dying) BB?

FS picspam to stay on-topic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Hey Guys! loong time no see

sorry i havent ebene on for a while st00pid internet is really slow and the time runs out to load GW lol... too many graphics, but hey im using a different computer so the net is fast lol.
      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaBee View Post
        I got into CSI for the whole sciencey stuff...I'm a genetics major so I know something about some of the techniques...then the characters suckered me in.
        Never really watched NCIS...that's the one with Micheal Weatherby in it, right?
        Michael Weatherly, yup yup

How bizzare. But cool. Ever post on the (now dying) BB?
        nope, I haven't. never really got into the fandom of it all. Great series though. I saw the DVD box sets on sale in HMV the other day so I'm going to save up and get them sometime
        EDIT: actually that's a lie. I think I remember posting a couple of times on the bb on tribeworld.net. It was about outfits or something. My Tribe obsession was with the makeup and cloths love it all.

And I don't wanna fall to pieces
        I just wanna sit and stare at you.
        I don't wanna talk about it
        And I don't want a conversation
        I just wanna cry in front of you.
        I don't wanna talk about it
        'Cause I'm in love with you.

'Fall To Pieces' - Avril Lavigne

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
        ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Sara annoys me. But not as much as Teyla. I do, on occasion, find her amusing though so it's not that bad.

What I do find bad - sorry, Anna - is GSR. Personally I find the dynamics kinda creepy and very wrong. BUT, that hasn't stopped me watching. Even before they were made canon they had scripted moments, like Sara asking Gil out, but it never got in the way of my enjoyment for the show (except in Fallen Idols where the scene seemed tagged on for no obvious reason which left me thinking WTF? But that just makes it easier for me to ignore. Props to the silver lining. *g*).

The thing I love most about shipping on CSI is that, despite Sara/Grissom and Catherine/Warrick being the ones with the scripted shippy scenes, TPTB have never denied the chemistry that has always existed between Catherine/Grissom. Infact, there's an episode where it's assumed Cath is Grissom's wife and doesn't deny it, but goes along with it instead.

And the best thing about it all... it never seems like I'm watching a soap opera with dodgy love triangles, etc.

And that's why the idea of Sparky not going canon, or Sheyla and McShep going canon doesn't phase me. When two people have such great chemistry - like Marg and Billy, and Joe and Torri - aslong as they're in a scene together there will always be sparks.

So I say, bring on S8 bc I need my daily CSI fix, lol S4! Bc even if there aren't any typically shippy lines scripted (which I personally doubt) I'm sure there are going to be a lot of GREAT Sparky scenes in the eps that Lizzie/Torri are in.

Comment

Originally posted by Purejoy and sparky is love and so is green ass
            Sara annoys me. But not as much as Teyla. I do, on occasion, find her amusing though so it's not that bad.

What I do find bad - sorry, Anna - is GSR. Personally I find the dynamics kinda creepy and very wrong. BUT, that hasn't stopped me watching. Even before they were made canon they had scripted moments, like Sara asking Gil out, but it never got in the way of my enjoyment for the show (except in Fallen Idols where the scene seemed tagged on for no obvious reason which left me thinking WTF? But that just makes it easier for me to ignore. Props to the silver lining. *g*).

The thing I love most about shipping on CSI is that, despite Sara/Grissom and Catherine/Warrick being the ones with the scripted shippy scenes, TPTB have never denied the chemistry that has always existed between Catherine/Grissom. Infact, there's an episode where it's assumed Cath is Grissom's wife and doesn't deny it, but goes along with it instead.

And the best thing about it all... it never seems like I'm watching a soap opera with dodgy love triangles, etc.

And that's why the idea of Sparky not going canon, or Sheyla and McShep going canon doesn't phase me. When two people have such great chemistry - like Marg and Billy, and Joe and Torri - aslong as they're in a scene together there will always be sparks.

So I say, bring on S8 bc I need my daily CSI fix, lol S4! Bc even if there aren't any typically shippy lines scripted (which I personally doubt) I'm sure there are going to be a lot of GREAT Sparky scenes in the eps that Lizzie/Torri are in.
            Damn', why I can't I green that? Just like Sparky, you can totally see the actors are faking their denial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkGryx8dKec
            2nd time around? Hm, me can't wait for season 84!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post

*shrugs*

Each to their own.

Personally, Catherine annoys me a lot of the time (though also, not as much as Teyla).

I'm not going to deny there is chemistry between Cath and Griss, I just prefer to view it more as platonic.

As for the Sparky stuff...here here. Well said.

And whoa!! Not good...I just realised I'm supposed to be 1) at uni and 2) in the middle of a lecture instead of sitting here posting! Eep! Ah well...I'll make it there in time for the next lecture. *eyes clock*

Comment

Ah, BillyMargET, now there's an OT3 I can get behind! *bg*

*ET = Entertainment Tonight, not E.T. the cute little alien that wants to phone home, LOL.

It just proves that it doesn't matter what different fans, PTB, actors, interviews says... It all comes down to what comes across on screen.

Comment

Amen to that
                  seriously though, I can't see any main charrie pair going canon in SGA in the near future. So yay us cos at least we have the great chemistry between Joe and Torri to fall back on Plus, we know there are always gonna be great scenes written for them that we can interpret as shippy.
                  All is good.

Originally posted by AnnaBee View Post
                  And whoa!! Not good...I just realised I'm supposed to be 1) at uni and 2) in the middle of a lecture instead of sitting here posting! Eep! Ah well...I'll make it there in time for the next lecture. *eyes clock*
                  Ooooo not good. I should really be sleeping, but that is so over rated. I'm not even tired at the moment.

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                  ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Ah, BillyMargET, now there's an OT3 I can get behind! *bg*

*ET = Entertainment Tonight, not E.T. the cute little alien that wants to phone home, LOL.

It just proves that it doesn't matter what different fans, PTB, actors, interviews says... It all comes down to what comes across on screen.
                    ROFLMAO!!!!! E.T. OMG, I had never thought of that.... LMAO!!!!! *eg* I can't breathe...huhuhuhu

"To what comes on E(.)T(.)" MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Amen to that
                      seriously though, I can't see any main charrie pair going canon in SGA in the near future. So yay us cos at least we have the great chemistry between Joe and Torri to fall back on Plus, we know there are always gonna be great scenes written for them that we can interpret as shippy.
                      All is good.

Ooooo not good. I should really be sleeping, but that is so over rated. I'm not even tired at the moment.
                      LOL, I'm gonna blame it on lack-of-sleep. Darn cramps

Comment

This Mortal Coil :
                        Spoiler:
                        Torri!BamBam

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                          This Mortal Coil :
                          Spoiler:
                          Torri!BamBam
                          A translation please BG? My brain is catching up on this purejoy discussion I watched a little bit of CSI:LV and I always thought Gris is gonna end up with Cath.
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

BamBam was asked if he had worked with Torri in S4 and he replied in the affirmative, saying this week. JM has said that this week they are shooting TMC, which he also said stars Torri.

Comment

To get this thread back on track, back on the Sparky tract I researched this:

From Wikipedia

Mortal Coil is a poetic term that means the troubles of daily life and the strife and suffering of the world. It is used in the sense of a burden to be carried or abandoned.
                              *quiver*

I am afraid.

I am very afraid....
                              sigpic
                              Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                              |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Dancing! Simultaneous turn!
                                warning: image is over 600kb
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...