No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think I'm gonna go back to being a perminant resisdent in this thread. I can't deal with the pessimist speculation. Sure I have the same doubts as a lot of people do, but I can't be dealing with it. I came to GW to escape from feeling like poop. If that means I have to stick around in this 'zen' thread then fine. It seems any even remotely semi-optimistic ideas I have elsewhere just gets ignored and I'm basically refered to having shippy glasses on. Sure things seem bad now, but IMHO it really isn't going to be as bad as people make out, surely. I mean it's bad, but there's bad and then there's feeling so depressed you no longer feel motivated even by your own ship. And I also don't feel comfortable that discussion seems to be moving to Sheyla bashing. Not good. I'm not really into character/ship bashing in promotion of something I love.
    Basically. I know what I love, I know what I hate, I know the doubts I have. I'm sick of talking about it and being ignored.

Sorry. Just had to get that off my chest. On with a happy zen day it is

Just about to beta your fic now Anuna

Also, last evening i started reading a really good fic. I'll get the link for you all later because it really is very good.

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
    ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

I need some cheering up Sparky!style. Anyone up for it? Anything you can give me.

Comment

I'll give you a pic spam

It's you, it's you, it's really you!

heehee just watched Toy Story 2 this morning and I could not resist posting that

J: Disney comparisons...again?!
        E: Unbelievable...She thinks I'm a yodelling cowgirl!

J: I can't altogether remember the ending of that film, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't get the girl.

E: Is that all you care about?

J: Hmm...Well...Yeah, pretty much. You'd make a cute cowgirl.

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
          I'll give you a pic spam
          Spoiler:

It's you, it's you, it's really you!

heehee just watched Toy Story 2 this morning and I could not resist posting that

J: Disney comparisons...again?!
          E: Unbelievable...She thinks I'm a yodelling cowgirl!

J: I can't altogether remember the ending of that film, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't get the girl.

E: Is that all you care about?

J: Hmm...Well...Yeah, pretty much. You'd make a cute cowgirl.

Thank you muchly! *giggles at last caption and says indeed*

Comment

Originally posted by A.L. View Post
            Yes, someone, please help retain the Up!Zen as of late by refuting this nasty rumor. Please? *sniff*

AL
            This is not a rumor, I'm afraid, it's what's happening, unfortunately. We have scans of the article.

Well I think I'm gonna go back to being a perminant resisdent in this thread. I can't deal with the pessimist speculation. Sure I have the same doubts as a lot of people do, but I can't be dealing with it. I came to GW to escape from feeling like poop. If that means I have to stick around in this 'zen' thread then fine. It seems any even remotely semi-optimistic ideas I have elsewhere just gets ignored and I'm basically refered to having shippy glasses on. Sure things seem bad now, but IMHO it really isn't going to be as bad as people make out, surely. I mean it's bad, but there's bad and then there's feeling so depressed you no longer feel motivated even by your own ship. And I also don't feel comfortable that discussion seems to be moving to Sheyla bashing. Not good. I'm not really into character/ship bashing in promotion of something I love.
            Basically. I know what I love, I know what I hate, I know the doubts I have. I'm sick of talking about it and being ignored.

Sorry. Just had to get that off my chest. On with a happy zen day it is
            Where have you been ignored? You shouldn't feel ignored, you should be concerned only when there's negative response to your post and there hasn't been one, at least you haven't said so. I'm not upset if not every one of my posts is quoted, at least nobody attacked me, which does happen as you know! LOL You can't blame the lot if they don't feel optimistic after what Cooper said now, really...

Originally posted by dana View Post
            I need some cheering up Sparky!style. Anyone up for it? Anything you can give me.
            I watched this Sparky vid with the song My Valentine by Martina McBride several times today. Only clips from season 1 are used (what a beginning!) but it's so gorgeous, it's such a romantic song and it fit with my melancholic feeling I have for the wonderful Sparky. Maybe try that? http://www.poopypooh.com/vids/sgaship.html

Vids help me at the moment and listening to songs I relate to them.
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
              Where have you been ignored? You shouldn't feel ignored, you should be concerned only when there's negative response to your post and there hasn't been one, at least you haven't said so. I'm not upset if not every one of my posts is quoted, at least nobody attacked me, which does happen as you know! LOL You can't blame the lot if they don't feel optimistic after what Cooper said now, really...
              I'm so glad you said that Celcool. Because this is a *discussion* thread. And discussion thread works both ways. You have to take the good with the bad.

Comment

You know, you guys made nearly all the possible Disney comparison but you've forgotten two of the most important ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                  I'm so glad you said that Celcool. Because this is a *discussion* thread. And discussion thread works both ways. You have to take the good with the bad.
                  It would be nice to see some actual discussion of Sheppard/Weir ship instead of discussing what can and can't be discussed.

When does Atlantis start airing again?

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                    This is not a rumor, I'm afraid, it's what's happening, unfortunately. We have scans of the article.

Spoiler:
                    Just forget it. It's not even important. I couldn't think of the right words to say at the time so it came out sounding a bit wrong. I don't feel ignored, i'm just a little sad that something like this is bringing me down, especially after everything on here has helped bring me up over the last month and a bit. And really I don't see how Cooper's comments were damaging to the ship at all. He didn't say the ship was being killed off. He just told us what was happening. We were all looking for answers and someone to step forward and admit was going on. Cooper did this and then everyone moans at what he said. Least he stepped forward and said it like it was, unlike JM tiptoeing around us all.
                    But anyway. It doesn't matter now. People keep campaigning. That is all anyone can do. But I just have done my speculation and I've tried to make optimistic thoughts about it. I don't want to keep getting sucked down into the same circle of dispair for a while...at least until I find a happier place to be again in my mind.

Anyway. Sparky discussion. My sister is pretty much converted now We were talking about Doctor Who (*****ing about the new girl...it's like our new little game) and I said how if Atlantis did emotion as well as DW did it for the last ep then we really would be in for treats. So then talk went onto Atlantis s4 spec:
                    Spoiler:
                    Saying that the writers will at least give us some sort of really angsty/cute goodbye scene. My sister kept saying about if we had a gateroom scene if maybe we'll get a kiss or something. Ya know, like a little thank you for everything kiss on the cheek. We at least want hugs. If they're gating Elizabeth back to earth then I want a decent and emotional goodbye scene that makes me cry. We know the writers can do that sort of thing, even without it being obviously shippy but having enough shippyness for us to see it as shippy.
                    I want to keep believing that something like that will happen because that is my ideal angst/ship combo. I'll keep believing it I think. No harm in that.
                    And something like that will be like another advancement in their relationship and understanding of each other on an emotional level, so when Elizabeth is brought back and her and Shep have a scene, it will likely be a much more personal feel to it. 1)because of all thats happened and 2)because she will no longer be his boss.

But least I know my sister has jumped on the ship...probably because I never shut up about SGA at the moment and can't resist saying shippy comments whenever we watch one of the DVDs

My friend is sleeping round next week to have an SGA DVD marathon. I was like well we won't have time to watch all the episodes...I'll have to make a list. So we decided to do a list. Basically it's been put together based on Shep-rating and Ship-rating haha we're fruit loops.

I had to overall about Conversion though. I showed her some screen caps from it and she's like 'omg I don't want to watch him go all minging like that' but I was like it's the best ep in season 2! Shep whump! Ship! Elizabeth versus Caldwell! Best damn ep. I won We're watching it heehee.

That is all I have to say right now...I'm feeling creative so I need to go create something pretty in photoshop. Maybe it will be Sparky. I haven't done anything for a while for those to. Was meant to make a new desktop the other night but it changed into a Sam/Martouf desktop instead
                    If any of you want any Sparky graphics made then give me a shout

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                      Six more days.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
                        Six more days.
                        lucky lucky I hope we get re-runs of season 3 sometime. I know sky one are re-running season 1 at the moment so eventually they will get to season 3 again

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                          It would be nice to see some actual discussion of Sheppard/Weir ship instead of discussing what can and can't be discussed.

But you know we have the same issue with pr0n talk

SOON!!!

Comment

Six more days.
                            Gawd, that's been a long six months!

lucky lucky I hope we get re-runs of season 3 sometime. I know sky one are re-running season 1 at the moment so eventually they will get to season 3 again
                            Pffff *flips teh bird at the Sky customer*

-I totally agree on your prior post, btw, re: Sparky in S4.
                            -Heh, Conversion is the only reason that I want to buy S2.

When I stayed at La's for a week, we got through about 5 films, all of Wonderfalls, S1 of Farscape and some of S2. So I'd say one week to watch all of SGA is totally doable.

Comment

Six more days.
                              Yup, finally this coming Friday! And it starts "Return 2" where we left off in "Return 1"
                              Spoiler:
                              were Lizzie is sitting behind John as to prepare to go save the closets Atlantis!
                              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
                                Yup, finally this coming Friday! And it starts "Return 2" where we left off in "Return 1"
                                Spoiler:
                                were Lizzie is sitting behind John as to prepare to go save the closets Atlantis!
                                What she's not
                                Spoiler:
                                staring straight at his neck, hoping to imprint in his mind that they should start making Sparky!Babies? *innocent*

And don't forget "Plan F like F..." part. Love this!

Comment

Working...
                                X