Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    ITA that they couldn't continue fighting like in HZ, but the bit of tension in FS was welcome.
    Spoiler:
    And now that things were left unsettled between them, it might cause even more John!angst.

Congrats Vicky on 1500!!!
    Spoiler:
    Well, I do hope that John will feel bad because they had left things like this. If he doesn't, I'll feel really disappointed!

And thankies!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky View Post
      Spoiler:
      Well, I do hope that John will feel bad because they had left things like this. If he doesn't, I'll feel really disappointed!
      First Strike
      Spoiler:
      You can tell just by the look on his face when Elizabeth wishes him good luck and walks off that he's disappointed.

I agree that you couldn't keep up the tension they had in HZ (well you could but there'd be no Sparky); that type of behaviour is destructive. And as great as it is to see them learn from that - from each other - and their relationship develop, imo it was also great to see that revisited.

It shows that they haven't become complacent. That although they've intergrated dealing with their differences into their lives, those differences still exist. I like being reminded that they're two strong, independent characters.

I like how they remain professional and get on with it, and deal with that conflict after the fact. So while I don't want to see John suddenly renegue where he stands on the action they took, I think it would be nice to see them talking about it, especially in view of what happened to Elizabeth.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
        First Strike
        Spoiler:
        You can tell just by the look on his face when Elizabeth wishes him good luck and walks off that he's disappointed.

I agree that you couldn't keep up the tension they had in HZ (well you could but there'd be no Sparky); that type of behaviour is destructive. And as great as it is to see them learn from that - from each other - and their relationship develop, imo it was also great to see that revisited.

It shows that they haven't become complacent. That although they've intergrated dealing with their differences into their lives, those differences still exist. I like being reminded that they're two strong, independent characters.

I like how they remain professional and get on with it, and deal with that conflict after the fact. So while I don't want to see John suddenly renegue where he stands on the action they took, I think it would be nice to see them talking about it, especially in view of what happened to Elizabeth.
        In "First Strike", you are right
        Spoiler:
        John and Elizabeth disagree with each other, but they don't have the same tension as in "Hot Zone". Which like you said, shows that there relationship has evolved.

I think in First Strike Elizabeth is disappointed that John agrees with Ellis and I think the same can be said for John. But the two of them have reached a point where they understand where each side is coming from. I like how didn't just fight about it instead, accepted each other's decision. Also I think Elizabeth said "good luck" to john before the mission because she knew there was no point in arguing about the mission anymore, and she wouldn't want John to go on the mission feeling bad. To me that scene showed that, even though Elizabeth disagrees with him she still wants him to succeed and come home in one piece.

I guess from "Hot Zone" to "First Strike" is one example of Sparky's natural progression in the conflict department.
        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
          In "First Strike", you are right
          Spoiler:
          John and Elizabeth disagree with each other, but they don't have the same tension as in "Hot Zone". Which like you said, shows that there relationship has evolved.

I think in First Strike Elizabeth is disappointed that John agrees with Ellis and I think the same can be said for John. But the two of them have reached a point where they understand where each side is coming from. I like how didn't just fight about it instead, accepted each other's decision. Also I think Elizabeth said "good luck" to john before the mission because she knew there was no point in arguing about the mission anymore, and she wouldn't want John to go on the mission feeling bad. To me that scene showed that, even though Elizabeth disagrees with him she still wants him to succeed and come home in one piece.

I guess from "Hot Zone" to "First Strike" is one example of Sparky's natural progression in the conflict department.
          I totally understand your point here!

Liz: John the thread is on page 3, we should do something about it!
          John: Well, I have an idea... *wiggles eyebrows*

Comment

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3023/theyknowfv2.jpg

Liz: John the thread is on page 3, we should do something about it!
            John: Well, I have an idea... *wiggles eyebrows*
            *falls into gutter*

*drags herself out*

Nice manip.

*falls back into Sparky!gutter*

Comment

*pops in before goes to sleep*

Congradulations Vicky!!! proberly spelt congrats wrong to

Great Minips Guys.. keep you the sparky

*Sparky love baby*
              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaBee View Post
                *falls into gutter*

*drags herself out*

Nice manip.

*falls back into Sparky!gutter*
                Manip isn't mine... Though I don't remember who it is... I know it was posted around a year ago, in this thread.

Comment

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how Sparky will be handled in S4? I think it will continue, but like all relationships, it will have to somewhat change.

Comment

Ok I won't be here a lot tonight cause I'm still on my SGA marathon with a friend of mine... Well now I'm rewatching season 3.... Tonight we're gonna start with Progeny... and right after: TRW !! WOW !!! Happy "sparky" days !!!....
                    Well just wanted to share my happiness with you guys ^^

WTF ???? !!!! Season 4 starts this fall????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                      Ok I won't be here a lot tonight cause I'm still on my SGA marathon with a friend of mine... Well now I'm rewatching season 3.... Tonight we're gonna start with Progeny... and right after: TRW !! WOW !!! Happy "sparky" days !!!....
                      Well just wanted to share my happiness with you guys ^^

WTF ???? !!!! Season 4 starts this fall????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                      Well, we're thinking it starts in the Fall...

I'm still optimistic to think Sparky will continue in Season 4. Even if
                      Spoiler:
                      Elizabeth is recurring.

I finally saw "The Constant Gardner" this weekend and in that movie the wife dies, but through various flashbacks you knew that Ralph Finnes (sp?) character loved his wife. The angst was there and you felt horrible for him. This isn't the happiest example since the ending was depressing, but it's just another example where a character can disappear/die and the ship is still there. As long as the team doesn't forget about Elizabeth. There is still hope.

Like someone said before Sam/Jack is still going strong even though Jack has been gone for 2 years now.
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
                        Well, we're thinking it starts in the Fall...

I'm still optimistic to think Sparky will continue in Season 4. Even if
                        Spoiler:
                        Elizabeth is recurring.

I finally saw "The Constant Gardner" this weekend and in that movie the wife dies, but through various flashbacks you knew that Ralph Finnes (sp?) character loved his wife. The angst was there and you felt horrible for him. This isn't the happiest example since the ending was depressing, but it's just another example where a character can disappear/die and the ship is still there. As long as the team doesn't forget about Elizabeth. There is still hope.

Like someone said before Sam/Jack is still going strong even though Jack has been gone for 2 years now.
                        Well for s4, it had been confirmed in one of GW new articles.

Spoiler:
                        I haven't seen the movie, but I like the comparison with Sam/Jack because I'm one of those who are still into Sam/Jack despite him being gone. And we still have hints here and there.

Now whether or not it'll be the same with John/Elizabeth depends on TPTB. We know it wasn't a ship they had planned at first and they were overcome by John/Elizabeth being so popular, but then we got eps and/or scenes like TRW, teh hug... They couldn't have done that without it meaning nothing (especially TRW since I've heard even noromos thought it was a shippy ep) but we never know with them I guess.

Comment

Well for s4, it had been confirmed in one of GW new articles.

Spoiler:
                          I haven't seen the movie, but I like the comparison with Sam/Jack because I'm one of those who are still into Sam/Jack despite him being gone. And we still have hints here and there.

Now whether or not it'll be the same with John/Elizabeth depends on TPTB. We know it wasn't a ship they had planned at first and they were overcome by John/Elizabeth being so popular, but then we got eps and/or scenes like TRW, teh hug... They couldn't have done that without it meaning nothing (especially TRW since I've heard even noromos thought it was a shippy ep) but we never know with them I guess.
                          Hehe, I've heard from a fair amount of noromos and slashers that see Sparky that I'm convinced we aren't making the Sparky moments up.
                          ~Athena

Comment

After talking about HZ, upon not being able to sleep I decided to throw the DVD on. Dude! Series one was good!

There's a rawness which I think we've lost (to be expected though as Atlantis isn't gooing to stay new to them forever), the scientists looked like Trek extras (), and I felt a stronger military presence there (quite likely helped by Ford and Bates), thus helping the brains v. braun aspect of the show.
                            And it was BLUER! I swear, the city was much more blue back then, as opposed to the silver look it has now.

Anyway... back to the good stuff. SPARKY!!
                            -John and Teyla's convo when they geared up
                            -Elizabeth telling John, as head of military operations, she couldn't risk him getting infected and John telling Elizabeth he couldn't risk her getting infected (not bc she's teh boss, just bc she's Elizabeth )
                            -John calling her "Elizabeth" when she refused to answer him and that breaking her, so to speak.
                            -Elizabeth snarkily chewing John out
                            -Their convo at the end where she asks if he's okay before asking for his trust and addressing him disobeying her
                            -most importantly, GRODIN KNOWS!

Seriously, I'd forgotten all about that little look! Totally LOL at that, hehe.

But the weirdest thing I found when watching HZ was that for the majority, they still addressed each other by 'Dr. Weir' and 'Major Sheppard.' Seemed so strange after becoming used to 'John' and 'Elizabeth'.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                              But the weirdest thing I found when watching HZ was that for the majority, they still addressed each other by 'Dr. Weir' and 'Major Sheppard.' Seemed so strange after becoming used to 'John' and 'Elizabeth'.
                              Yeah, but they were in a military situation and she was royally p/oed at him so I didn't think that it was that OOC at that point...now in Submersion that was peculiar her calling him Colonel- but the same scenario applies because they were on the clock and she was in front of his team but... *sigh* ...what ever, any Sparky moment is a good Sparky moment IMHO, especially when there is conflict and angst.....

....on another out of thread point

NO NEW EPISODES TILL FALL?????

Fall Premiere

*sigh* I know that it isn't that surprising but *GRRRR* I thought the whole plan for holding the second half of season 3 so long was to go STRAIGHT into Season 4....
                              Last edited by Anjirika; 21 February 2007, 04:59 PM. Reason: adding something about season 4
                              sigpic
                              Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                              |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Got this from Joe's blog. Think it could be about Elizabeth?

“Is there any chance that there'll be another Earth-based scenario simliar to what we saw with Return Part 1?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Signs point to yes.

This makes me sad
                                Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 21 February 2007, 09:24 PM.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X