No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, look at what I did with your help.

Let's all follow The Leader!

No Shep but I'm still learning how to make these things. Patience it's a virtue.

Big thank yous!

That's what Weir stands for.

Comment

Sooo...I just made my first signature. Be easy on me as I haven't used photoshop in ohhhh nearly a decade. So it took far too long to make, but it's worth it, I feel/hope. I would love any feedback/suggestions/criticisms.

<3 Shep/Weir <3

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
          . . .

Now you KNOW that after typing that you will have to finish, right?? That has wonderful potential... I'm intrigued... muahaha...

Athena, were you going to upload a new story to L_U?

Plain sheppy LJ background (or anyother background really..)
          ah...the Langford fic will have to wait until tuesday at least, because the finished copy of that fic...is stored in my office computer. *facepalm*
          ~Athena

Comment

Let's see.

Comment

I did it. I have a sig.

Here is the full version of that.

Still learning. Bear with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Baroness
                Maybe we should have our own thread. The Stargate Atlantis Newbies. They haven't got a clue.
                I'm so with you there! I'm not even a newbie.....just a computer thicko!!!!

Thanks for the tips though, SallyLizzie and Melyanna. I really should take some time out to learn all this stuff....just not really interested in computers that much!

Comment

What can I say instead of the fact that all the wallpapers, pics etc. Are so Nice !!!!!!!
                  Baroness, your idea about "to see Weir being trained by Sheppard on the art of self defense." will be so amazing ! I agree totally with that. It will implies a lot of shippy moments...*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by juju77
                    What can I say instead of the fact that all the wallpapers, pics etc. Are so Nice !!!!!!!
                    Baroness, your idea about "to see Weir being trained by Sheppard on the art of self defense." will be so amazing ! I agree totally with that. It will implies a lot of shippy moments...*sigh*

I think that it is totally possible. If only it would occur to the writers.

Question- Why was my sig reduced in size to the point that people can't read what it says? That was not the original size when it first appeared. Can someone please shine some light on this? Please!

Comment

Just wanted to drop a little line saying how wonderful all the artwork, sigs, pics, etc. y'all have been posting are.

And Mel, you do realize that after posting that line, you have to finish the story. Or I'm afraid I'll have to send Guido after you to see that you do.

Baroness, I would love to see Shep training Weir in self defense. Shippy moments aside, I think it would make sense, especially if
                      Spoiler:
                      she goes offworld next season.
                      And I could see her being happier with martial arts or hand-to-hand training than with learning to use a firearm.

Athena.... NO!!! I wish I didn't know you had a new Langford U fic that I'll have to wait until Tuesday for!!! Now tomorrow is going to drag on and on and on while I wait for it.

Ah, well, early day tomorrow so must to bed now.
                      ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                      The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Baroness
                        I think that it is totally possible. If only it would occur to the writers.

Question- Why was my sig reduced in size to the point that people can't read what it says? That was not the original size when it first appeared. Can someone please shine some light on this? Please!
                        There are limits to the sig size, 700x200 it think. I'm not sure what happens when you go over the limits though...

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon_(5)
                          Wowwww, I would ask you how you make those so great but then you’re answer would either be something really complicated that I don’t understand or I don’t know, I just do (which is my answer when asked how I do many things). So, all I’m gonna say is they’re Great!
                          Thanks for all the kind comments, usually my wallpapers are a happy accident, but the one on the right I remember how to do.

For the main pic, this tutorial was key, but when you are done hide the original image, the desaturated pic, the first smart blur and the embossed one.

Then double the hard light colour. For the final layer change the mode from colour to colour burn and the opacity to 76% and the fill to 41%.

If you're still with me (if I haven't scared you off), there should be six layers, from top to bottom:
                          - blend mode: Colour burn, opacity 71%, fill 40%
                          - blend mode: Hard light, opacity 100%, fill 100%
                          - blend mode: Hard light, opacity 100%, fill 100%
                          - glowing edge, gaussian blur, opacity 100%, fill 100%
                          - glowing edge, opacity 40%, fill 100%
                          - smart blur, opacity 40%, fill 100%

Yep, that's about it.

The one on the right was easier, but it's harder to explain. Let's just say it was a happy experimentation.

Comment

Firstly, WOW! Great jobs on the sigs/wps everyone

Ooo a JohnLiz training scene, just think of all the possibilities...

*continues jumping around in circles waiting for Mel and Athena's fics *

Thanx for the info Blue. I might actually have a go of some happy experimentation of my own when i get the time.

Comment

Ummm I think we all know that it will end up as Mr John Sheppard and Mrs Elisabeth Sheppard one day in the series... Cause if it doesn't oh so help me... *shakes fist*

Comment

Originally posted by Proxy Blue
                                Ummm I think we all know that it will end up as Mr John Sheppard and Mrs Elisabeth Sheppard one day in the series... Cause if it doesn't oh so help me... *shakes fist*
                                Dang right!!

But if they did actually kiss in S2 (espsecially if i wasn't expecting, although that's very unlikely on here what with the spoilers and all ) then i think i would just die!

Comment

Working...
                                X