Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Fantasy is a very important part of why we're all here, so the more the better I say. However, I think the reason a lot of us have been so down lately is that they are trying to take even that away from us. If we don't see anything on screen to base our fantasies on, most of us will find other entertainment. A lot of us, myself included, seem dangerously close to not caring. Something that we've been predicting might happen from day one. RST is not crucial, but there has to be something there to base a ship on. I plan to give the new season a chance and will most likely not stop watching, but I won't be as emotionally involved. The best part of the whole experience anyway has been the fun here on this thread.
    I agree with all of this. Only thing is I do still care, probably too much. I'll have to wait and see if season 4 manages to crush my Sparky love.

And you're right, this thread has always been great fun. I remember when I found it and was thrilled that there were all these people who loved Sparky like I did. Everyone was having such a good time I had to join in. Now it feels like we are standing on the edge of a cliff...

I'm not jumping yet.
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
      I can relate, hey I can't even bring myself to watch the show without knowing how many episodes Weir will be in.
      It's weird really, that I can't watch the show, but I still love this ship so very much, to the point that I don't care much about what happens canon-wise. As long as there is fic I'm happy, that's the only thing that worries me a little, I would hate for our wonderful writers to lose their muse 'cause to me the show isn't that important for my ship satisfaction, but I need fic. Heck, here I am four years after TXF ended, I was so jaded about the way Mulder and Scully's relationship was handled that I couldn't watch the show again, but reading MSR fic puts a smile on my face. When I read fic I don't care about how badly tptb screwed up, I don't care about how the ship was dealt with on the show, because RST in fics is a thousand times better than the mess CC made.
      So yeah, as long as there is fic I'm a happy fangirl.
      *sigh* We need more epic Sparky fics. XF fics spoiled me something rotten. *runs off to read "The Magician" and "Generations" again*
      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
        *sigh* We need more epic Sparky fics. XF fics spoiled me something rotten. *runs off to read "The Magician" and "Generations" again*

I have a few epic sparky fics in the boiler. When i eventually get them finished is a whole other ball of goop!!...
        A few are AU too.

Comment

Originally posted by Speckleberry View Post
          I have a few epic sparky fics in the boiler. When i eventually get them finished is a whole other ball of goop!!...
          A few are AU too.
          *gets out her official!fic!poking stick*

Comment

I would love to be able to write epic fics, lol. But me and plots don't seem to go hand in hand. Darn! That said, the first fic I ever wrote was 15 pages and I still haven't finished it. I should work on tweaking that sometime.

Comment

The longer the fic, the more I get into it (assuming it's all well-written, of course!)... "The Magician" books were each nearly a megabyte (or more) as a text file! I think I have the first one printed out somewhere... it's a couple hundred pages at least, and that's printed single-spaced, size ten font. And that's just the first book in the series! *loves on teh long!fics*

Comment

A few are AU too.
                AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!! *squeals* I love AUs. *hands your muse some chocolate*

Comment

*gets out her official!fic!poking stick*

*runs from the poking stick*

The one that i'm working on now "The Diplomat and the Billionaire" it's nearly 40 pages and just scratching the surface. I've got SapphireJewelledQueen poking me for it too!! and there are a few other ones, and an original fic that can easily be turned sparky!AU.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                    The longer the fic, the more I get into it (assuming it's all well-written, of course!)... "The Magician" books were each nearly a megabyte (or more) as a text file! I think I have the first one printed out somewhere... it's a couple hundred pages at least, and that's printed single-spaced, size ten font. And that's just the first book in the series! *loves on teh long!fics*
                    *jaw drops* Holy cow!!

The problem I have with long fics like that is that I need to get into it from the beginning, and keep an interest in it so I can keep up with the updates. Otherwise, I never end up finding time to read them. (if that makes sense)
                    Last edited by SallyLizzie; 28 January 2007, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                      *jaw drops* Holy cow!!

The problem I have with long fics like that is that I need to get into it from the beginning, and keep an interest in it so I can keep up with the updates. Otherwise, I never end up finding time to read them. (if that makes sense)
                      Oh i understand!! that's why i intend to always finish my fics before i post them!! And how that the first few pages snag people. This one i'm working...it had Sapphs squeeing on the first page...but that's sapphs...Lol.

Comment

Oh i understand!! that's why i intend to always finish my fics before i post them!! And how that the first few pages snag people. This one i'm working...it had Sapphs squeeing on the first page...but that's sapphs...Lol.
                        I hear ya on that one! I've started writing many-a-fic over the last few years, but couldn't bring myself to post because a) they're dumb () and b) I know that I have a tendency to not finish fics, and I wouldn't want to leave people hanging if I hadn't actually finished it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebinia View Post
                          Yep very quiet here today. I've decided to concentrate on more creative things just now. I figure there's no point worrying about the fate of Sparky/Liz until we see what's actually going to happen at the end of the season.

Anyway, here's my first attempt at a manip based on the gorgeous look Lizzie gives John in Tao of Rodney
                          Spoiler:

Oooh, pretty!

OoOH! I have to share this here. I drew this the other day, and it's quite cute, if i do say so myself...

Aww, that's cute!

Kindu, unfortunately your manips won't download for me, but I'm sure they're great!

Comment

*jaw drops* Holy cow!!

I'm a sucker for long fics, long books, long t.v shows, long everything, off course, sometimes longer =/= better, one of my HP friends tried to get me to read HP fic, and I dare you to find me an HP fic shorter than 20 chapters, and I couldn't get past the first page.
                            But on the XF fandoms there were these epics, remember the one I rec'ed on my LJ?, I loved reading LONG fics. It wasn't until I got into SGA and started reading Atlantis fic that I gave drabdles a try, on XF they were called vignettes, I never used to read vignettes, I went straight to the 500 kb and longer ones.

Comment

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!! *squeals* I love AUs. *hands your muse some chocolate*
                              Aww, they're SO AUable!! (Oo! Except I could never see John as Capt Von Trapp a monk or Lizzie as Sister Maria Elizabeth. However, the image of Rodney running round the hills wearing curtains is... well, amusing at least. )

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                              I've started writing many-a-fic
                              *stops you right there and whips out her BigPokingStickOfCertainDoom!*

Luz, I never really liked drabbles/vingettes either. Until I wrote something that I couldn't really expand on, so slapped 'drabble' on it and hit 'Post'.

Comment

I'm a sucker for long fics, long books, long t.v shows, long everything, off course, sometimes longer =/= better, one of my HP friends tried to get me to read HP fic, and I dare you to find me an HP fic shorter than 20 chapters, and I couldn't get past the first page.
                                But on the XF fandoms there were these epics, remember the one I rec'ed on my LJ?, I loved reading LONG fics. It wasn't until I got into SGA and started reading Atlantis fic that I gave drabdles a try, on XF they were called vignettes, I never used to read vignettes, I went straight to the 500 kb and longer ones.
                                I did the exact same thing. XF vignettes never really did anything for me. But those epics... oh, man, I've got so many of them saved to my HD. I checked The Annex religiously for updates.

*stops you right there and whips out her BigPokingStickOfCertainDoom!*
                                I am immune to the stick! Bwahahahaha! I can come up with story ideas all day (although I think about them later and they sound sooo stupid ) but I can't follow through on an idea. And it doesn't help that "Echoes" TOTALLY stole a story idea I started working on after GUP first aired.

Comment

Working...
                                X