Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yamna View Post
    and about sunday, you think that it will have true relation to Weir with Mike and that the writers will put side the sparky to favour the sheyla?
    I think it's possible they are bringing on Mike in the hopes of pairing Sheppard off with someone else. They might think that if they give Liz a boyfriend, the Sparky's will be happier with Sheppard and Teyla or Jewel's character.

Another possibility could be that they are giving Sparky an obstacle because they are planning on eventually making Sparky canon. *begs tptb for this option*

I have a feeling that they have no intention of making any ship canon. They know they probably have an unlimited amount of seasons or movies and don't want to "ruin the show" with RST.

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
      They might think that if they give Liz a boyfriend, the Sparky's will be happier with Sheppard and Teyla or Jewel's character.
      Well, that would tie with their usual shenanigans of claiming to know "what the fans want" and then choosing what will make the minority best pleased... >_<

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000 View Post
        I
        I have a feeling that they have no intention of making any ship canon. They know they probably have an unlimited amount of seasons or movies and don't want to "ruin the show" with RST.
        Funny how "ruin the show" abbreviated is almost RST.

From the SG TPTB's track record, I don't think the will make any ship canon. The only canon ship was Sharee/Daniel and that was established in the movie.

But if they keep having John and Elizabeth continue doing their Sparky thing. It's all good with me.
        Last edited by Athenaktt; 26 December 2006, 02:57 PM. Reason: I can't speel... :(
        ~Athena

Comment

I think it's possible they are bringing on Mike in the hopes of pairing Sheppard off with someone else. They might think that if they give Liz a boyfriend, the Sparky's will be happier with Sheppard and Teyla or Jewel's character.

Another possibility could be that they are giving Sparky an obstacle because they are planning on eventually making Sparky canon. *begs tptb for this option*

I hope they are making it obstacle for to finally admit how he feels about . I want my Sparky couple and I want it now.
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
            Funny how "ruin the show" abbreviated is also RST.

From the SG TPTB's track record, I don't think the will make any ship canon. The only canon ship was Sharee/Daniel and that was established in the movie.

But if they keep having John and Elizabeth continue doing their Sparky thing. It's all good with me.
            Ruin show the! *lol* But yeah, if they keep it like it is now (especially this season), then I'm all for it. =) If UST is well done, it really rocks and I don't need to see RST for many years. *lol*
            sigpic

Comment

SGA is on the cusp of cancellation ratings wise. They need to pull in fans to watch the show live, not on DVR or dln, next season. The long hiatus is going to hurt the show as well as not having SG-1 as a companion piece.

Looking at the popularity of the different ships, I think J/E is by far the most popular. (Unfortunately, at this point in history, a show like SGA would not have a slash ship which seems to be extremely popular, at least on the internet.) Objectively, the Shep-Weir thread pulls in the most eyeballs (3x the number of views compared to its rival ship). Casual internet viewers who are not posting are more interested in this ship than its rival.

So, TPTB are probably determined to get the biggest ratings they can early in the season. Promoting J/E ship will pull in the casual viewers to make SGA must-see TV. They need to find ways to make it appointment television. I'm still guardedly optimistic.

Comment

Hmmm, sounds logic, but is that also their way of thinking? After all,
                Spoiler:
                they apparently also thought getting rid of Carson would increase ratings, and I heavily doubt it will.

I guess I'll be surprised if they would "openly" advertise Sparky for the upcoming season (or even the 2nd half of season 3?), but here's to hoping!
                But like I said, I'm content if they leave it like it is now (without making any other ship RST, of course *lol*).
                Last edited by leelakin; 26 December 2006, 06:25 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                  Hmmm, sounds logic, but is that also their way of thinking?
                  Spoiler:
                  After all,
                  they apparently also thought getting rid of Carson would increase ratings, and I heavily doubt it will.

I guess I'll be surprised if they would "openly" advertise Sparky for the upcoming season (or even the 2nd half of season 3?), but here's to hoping!
                  But like I said, I'm content if they leave it like it is now (without making any other ship RST, of course *lol*).
                  I am assuming that TPTB are thinking this way. Who knows what they're thinking sometimes.

Spoiler:
                  I really don't understand why they are getting rid of Carson. Is it a way to cut down on costs b/c Jewel Staite's services don't cost as much? Do they want more women in the main cast? I wouldn't call her a "a hot babe" type actress, but a very good character actress. Maybe a possible ship candidate for Rodney?

I don't necessarily want RST, but I sure want them to make up their minds and pick a ship and slowly develop it. I don't like the way they jerk the shipper audiences around between the two ships.
                  Last edited by Flowerbud; 26 December 2006, 07:31 PM. Reason: adding spoiler tags

Comment

I think it depends on how well the SG1 movies do. If they do well, then I doubt tptb will make any SGA ship canon. They'll just treat Sparky and Sheyla the way they did Sam/Jack. If the movies don't do well and SGA is twisting in the wind all by itself then they might play up the most popular ship in the hopes of increasing interest in the show.

Part of me is optimistic because of the popularity of our ship, but part of me worries because tptb have only acknowledged Sheyla. I can't believe they don't see Sparky. It's their show, they write the lines and do the editing. I don't think we're hallucinating. Maybe they're denying the existance of Sparky just to get us more excited. Who knows. *shrugs*

Comment

I don't know, I think that little conversation at the end of the Coup D'État commentary was acknowledgement enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                        I don't know, I think that little conversation at the end of the Coup D'État commentary was acknowledgement enough...
                        What did they say? I don't have s2 so I haven't heard that. I've only heard them say there wasn't anything between Liz and Sheppard but there was sexual tension between Teyla and Sheppard.

Comment

What did they say? I don't have s2 so I haven't heard that. I've only heard them say there wasn't anything between Liz and Sheppard but there was sexual tension between Teyla and Sheppard.
                          Here you go.

Spoiler:

Episode:
                          John: Then I say we call it a night.
                          Elizabeth: That we can do.

Commentary:
                          Martin Gero: What do you think? Do you think they hook up offscreen in this episode?
                          Martin Wood: Well, you should see ‘em – as soon as I say cut, they just dive into each other’s arms.
                          David Hewlett: They’re all over each other.
                          Martin Wood: Yeah, they can’t keep their hands off each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                            Here you go.

Spoiler:

Episode:
                            John: Then I say we call it a night.
                            Elizabeth: That we can do.

Commentary:
                            Martin Gero: What do you think? Do you think they hook up offscreen in this episode?
                            Martin Wood: Well, you should see ‘em – as soon as I say cut, they just dive into each other’s arms.
                            David Hewlett: They’re all over each other.
                            Martin Wood: Yeah, they can’t keep their hands off each other.
                            How cute!!! Thanks for posting.

Comment

How cute!!! Thanks for posting.
                              Isn't it just? And you're welcome, love! Anything to keep the Sparky flame burning.

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                                Well they did advertise the second half of the second season with the kiss. I remember because I was all OMG there really is a kiss.

They also showed the kiss when they promoted TLG. Now I know its not tptb that do the promos but scifi people. At least they know what brings in the ratings, or at least were trying to bring in the ratings.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X