Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizzyana View Post
    Welcome Jacen Hawke
    I love your sign Jacen Hawke and you creation christmas, it's pretty.
    aw thanks heh tryed to draw that christmas one on the Balcony on atlantis but atlantis can be difficult to draw
    sigpic

***Support Your Stargate***

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Lethe View Post
      Hurray! I finally have power back at my house after that wicked wind storm took out half our state. I was all excited to come on here and find out what had happened in "Sunday," only to discover that yet again there was a mistake in the airing order. *sigh* Is accuracy really too much to ask for? (You'll have to forgive the snarkiness...my transformation back into a civilized human may take a while .)

So Binder wrote "The Game"?

Spoiler:
      I'm a little surprised it doesn't have anything shippy in it; of course, maybe the other guys told him to tone it down a bit because he's making things too obvious .
      I don't think its a mistake with the airing orders. The order of epiode release was most likelyl the production order, and from lurking in some of the episode threads, Ken Cuperus, Creative consultant, mentioned that there are some things in "Sunday" that are spoilery to later episodes. So I guess they decided to air stand alone episodes first before starting on the arc in preparations for another cliffhanger finale.

So "The Ark" should air Jan 8. and hopefully "Sunday" airs Jan 15...

As for Binder writing "The Game", I was worried the concept of the episode would be bad, but since Binder was writing it, I knew he would some how manage to get Elizabeth in it more. He seems to like showing Elizabeth working her diplomatic skills...

Spoiler:
      and it makes sense that he has the little moment where Elizabeth finishes John's sentence by filling in the blank again, like in "Inferno", which he also wrote the teleplay for.
      ~Athena

Comment

Just for you, firedust22:

The Game
        Spoiler:
        Shippy undertones, as noted by me:

First of all, the whole episode seemed like something right out of fanfiction, what with angry Elizabeth and John being in trouble for his boyishness, and honestly I think he had a guilty and/or pouting look on his face half the time.

Then there's the part when John and Rodney are talking with the leaders of their countries. Rodney is uninterrupted during his talk but Elizabeth calls John on the radio during his to see how it is going. And when he says he's being a little uh..... Elizabeth jumps right in with "stubborn" in that tone of voice that says "just like you."

Then during the scene in Elizabeth's office, this might be a stretch for shippiness but at first when Rodney is speaking, John isn't even looking at him, he just stares at Elizabeth. And when Elizabeth says "Gentleman" John looks at her, ready to listen to her, though Rodney continues arguing, and pulls John back into the argument.

Then when they're on the Daedulus (which Elizabeth diverted to check up on them...ok not shippy but still, John was the one who mentioned it) Ronan and Teyla, who had been split up, joined up and asked each other how it was going.

Then at the end when Elizabeth takes a break from negotiations and says Hi to Rodney and John, the first thing John asks is how's it goin? He obviously cares about her and her work. And Elizabeth first pauses between them, then walks around so she is standing next to John. And you even get Rodney claiming to be destracted because "She was...uh...she was..." Continuity on a certain crush, perhaps?

So I suppose it's all a bit of a stretch to see it as shippy, but like I said, it's undertones. And I think those little day to day things are more telling in the long run. Without those, the big moments would just seem out of place, because we wouldn't have the buildup of relationships to bring us there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizabeth View Post
          Just for you, firedust22:

The Game
          Spoiler:
          Shippy undertones, as noted by me:

First of all, the whole episode seemed like something right out of fanfiction, what with angry Elizabeth and John being in trouble for his boyishness, and honestly I think he had a guilty and/or pouting look on his face half the time.

Then there's the part when John and Rodney are talking with the leaders of their countries. Rodney is uninterrupted during his talk but Elizabeth calls John on the radio during his to see how it is going. And when he says he's being a little uh..... Elizabeth jumps right in with "stubborn" in that tone of voice that says "just like you."

Then during the scene in Elizabeth's office, this might be a stretch for shippiness but at first when Rodney is speaking, John isn't even looking at him, he just stares at Elizabeth. And when Elizabeth says "Gentleman" John looks at her, ready to listen to her, though Rodney continues arguing, and pulls John back into the argument.

Then when they're on the Daedulus (which Elizabeth diverted to check up on them...ok not shippy but still, John was the one who mentioned it) Ronan and Teyla, who had been split up, joined up and asked each other how it was going.

Then at the end when Elizabeth takes a break from negotiations and says Hi to Rodney and John, the first thing John asks is how's it goin? He obviously cares about her and her work. And Elizabeth first pauses between them, then walks around so she is standing next to John. And you even get Rodney claiming to be destracted because "She was...uh...she was..." Continuity on a certain crush, perhaps?

So I suppose it's all a bit of a stretch to see it as shippy, but like I said, it's undertones. And I think those little day to day things are more telling in the long run. Without those, the big moments would just seem out of place, because we wouldn't have the buildup of relationships to bring us there.

THANK YOU so much, hon!

We're good at stretching around here.

It seems as though
          Spoiler:
          Elizabeth will have to stretch in this episode in order to deal with strangers in the same way that she deals with some of her closest friends. Having a person walk in that looks nothing like John, but acts like him... it is wonderful to hear how well she has handled that situation. This kind of reminds me of some of the early Season 1 episodes, where she is making the decisions more readily (e.g. Hide and Seek)

Interesting... *ponders some more*
          My Myspace (doesn't that seem redundant?)

Sig courtesy of Whistler84, R.I.P.

Comment

Okay... I've watched this scene several times, and I'm now completely convinced.
            The Game
            Spoiler:
            John is so lying when he says he just kept the name that his country already had. Given this, I choose to believe that he's secretly been calling it "Lizzieland" in his head. Hey, Rodney named his after a girl...

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by mcat View Post
              Okay... I've watched this scene several times, and I'm now completely convinced.
              The Game
              Spoiler:
              John is so lying when he says he just kept the name that his country already had. Given this, I choose to believe that he's secretly been calling it "Lizzieland" in his head. Hey, Rodney named his after a girl...
              Spoiler:
              I kept thinking of the movie, 'Elizabethtown'.

Comment

The Game
                Spoiler:
                *giggles* The exact same thing went through my head too the first time I heard John say that.

The Game
                Spoiler:
                And the part where John calls Geldar "Gelding" really cracked me up.
                ~Athena

Comment

The Game
                  Spoiler:
                  *giggle* Oh My God! I was totally thinking the same thing...^_^

As for the episode,
                  Spoiler:
                  well not overtly shipper, I did see undertones, especially the bits when Liz was confronting John and Rodney- it looked like she wanted to slap them upside the head and I thought that that was super cute. ^_^

Oh and with this season in general- all the sparky moments watch like fanfiction to me I mean from Progeny to TRW to CG through Echoes, TTOR, M&MM and almost all the episodes thus far..... there have been sparky undertones (or overt ones) through out...^_^ I love this season!

Oh and when I saw that Sparky christmas pic this jumped into my mind.

"Have a holly Sparky Christmas,
                  It's a Sparky time of year...."

^_^
                  sigpic
                  Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                  |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
                    "Have a holly Sparky Christmas,
                    It's a Sparky time of year...."
                    *Indeed*

From The Game, a merry christmas pic ^^

Spoiler:

John... Rodney... I said : IT IS TIME WE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS IN ATLANTIS ! and then she whispers: Oh and John, my place, sunday night after the party, don't forget your costume

!!xxxxx
                    Last edited by Blower'sGate; 20 December 2006, 02:14 PM.

Comment

i found The Game very enjoyable, the sheppard and mckay banter was great heh heh i though Elizabeth had a heck of a time sorting out their mess this time around a good eipsode in my opinion ^_^
                      sigpic

***Support Your Stargate***

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
                        The Game
                        Spoiler:
                        And the part where John calls Geldar "Gelding" really cracked me up.
                        Was I the only one that immediately thought
                        Spoiler:
                        of "Guilder" from The Princess Bride? (Yes, I've been watching that one far too much lately)
                        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                          Was I the only one that immediately thought
                          Spoiler:
                          of "Guilder" from The Princess Bride? (Yes, I've been watching that one far too much lately)
                          Such a great movie * sigh *, i'm gonna watch it tomorow, again ^^

Comment

New wallpaper... this is me and too much Snakes on a Plane... (TLG spoilers)

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                              New wallpaper... this is me and too much Snakes on a Plane... (TLG spoilers)

Spoiler:

WOwowowowowow love it, love it !!!!! " C'mon boys, who wants a bullet in his chest !! "

Ok, heading to bed ^^Gn all

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                                WOwowowowowow love it, love it !!!!! " C'mon boys, who wants a bullet in his chest !! "

Ok, heading to bed ^^Gn all
                                Heeee! Thank you! Goodnight.

Comment

Working...
                                X