Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    In all honesty, I don't find her hot at all, she's overrated, but then all things Joss Whedon are.
    Jewel is an adorable young girl, emphasis on the young. If they try to ship her with Sheppard, I will spork somebody in a painful way. We went through this last season with the alien bimbo cheerleader, and I can't handle it again. I think Ronon may be the target. Which will also be trouble for Spanky, and thus for Sparky. You see how they think? *is not amused*

And dittoes on the warning about going into other shipper threads. I did that in the past and found my blood pressure can't handle it. Let's face it. A lot of people think completely differently, politics and religion for example. Shipping is supposed to be fun, and in the long run it's all up to the writers. If they decide to hook up Shep and Teyla, there's little we can do. Considering the other changes, it wouldn't surprise me at this point. Let's face it. In the end somebody is going to be disappointed, and it may be us. Meanwhile there are vids and fanfic. Just look at the episodes as another possible scenario. *runs off to take own advice*

And John does have a softer look and sound when he's talking to Elizabeth. I noticed in Return 2
    Spoiler:
    that they seemed attuned to each other. Hard to explain, but I noticed that when John said something it was usually Liz who answered and vice versa. We all remember being in the presence of someone we care about when others are around. Doesn't it sometimes seem like you're the only ones there? Subtext, I know, but that's what shipping is all about.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzyana View Post
      Yes, but if Sheppard, the found has its taste .
      I look in the place of Sheppard, because it is accustomed to jumping on all the femmes.lol.
      Thus if, he wants to dredge she, I think that he will not obstruct himself.
      If Sheppard is immature and childish (putting it mildly) and falls for every new pretty girl that walks by than I don't think I would want him with Elizabeth. She should deserve better.

Hopefully, Sheppard only uses his fliriting tactics to "breakdown barriars" for information like he has done in some previous episodes. If he turns into a horny teenager again like in "The Tower", than I don't think I would like his character much. But it seems that after "The Tower", Sheppard's character has return to character that I fell in love with and the same Sheppard that I would want with my other favorite character, Elizabeth.

If in season 4 having a new girl around turns him into a teenager again, I have a feeling I won't be the only person unhappy about that immaturity in his character.
      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I think Ronon may be the target. Which will also be trouble for Spanky, and thus for Sparky. You see how they think? *is not amused*
        Hmmm, d'you think so? I actually thought that they were going for Rodney with Jewel's character. You know, since he and Cadman weren't meant to be
        Spoiler:
        and he has no Carson to argue with anymore... what's left for him? As for John, I really don't think so. Almost everyone knows how young Jewel is and a lot of people wouldn't approve of such a ship.
        I think I'll never get used to Jewel, I'm sure she's nice and everything, but I wanna keep Carson. ):
        Do you think the producers were all "Hey, we need more women on Atlantis"? Kinda looks like they bring in Sam and the new doc because of that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
          If Sheppard is immature and childish (putting it mildly) and falls for every new pretty girl that walks by than I don't think I would want him with Elizabeth. She should deserve better.
          I think there's a big difference between admiring someone for their looks and falling for someone for their looks, and I really don't think Sheppard falls into the latter catorgary.

I'd be more worried if he didn't drop jaw when crossed paths with a hot chick. I'd think they were paving the way for McShep.

I know a loto f people didn't like that scene in Misbegotten
          Spoiler:
          but it didn't bother me. An attractive girl smiles his way and the single man smirks back. I'm down with that.
          What I wouldn't be down with is if when every time a hottie walked past he stopped and said something like "Hello there!" Tho I probably would laugh as I've done it more than once myself

Comment

Athenakt If Sheppard is immature and childish (putting it mildly) and falls for every new pretty girl that walks by than I don't think I would want him with Elizabeth. She should deserve better.

Hopefully, Sheppard only uses his fliriting tactics to "breakdown barriars" for information like he has done in some previous episodes. If he turns into a horny teenager again like in "The Tower", than I don't think I would like his character much. But it seems that after "The Tower", Sheppard's character has return to character that I fell in love with and the same Sheppard that I would want with my other favorite character, Elizabeth.

If in season 4 having a new girl around turns him into a teenager again, I have a feeling I won't be the only person unhappy about that immaturity in his character.

I think similar that you, in certain episodes, he is immature, and when it is with Elisabeth, it behaves as a man, proud, smiling, and invincible.
            It is a loophole for Sheppard, of love the women.
            It takes place, only in the season 3, which it is stable with the emotions.
            Because, in the episode inferno, the blonde the dredge, he also.
            PS: Excuse me if my english is bad. I'm french.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
              I think there's a big difference between admiring someone for their looks and falling for someone for their looks, and I really don't think Sheppard falls into the latter catorgary.

I'd be more worried if he didn't drop jaw when crossed paths with a hot chick. I'd think they were paving the way for McShep.

I know a loto f people didn't like that scene in Misbegotten
              Spoiler:
              but it didn't bother me. An attractive girl smiles his way and the single man smirks back. I'm down with that.
              What I wouldn't be down with is if when every time a hottie walked past he stopped and said something like "Hello there!" Tho I probably would laugh as I've done it more than once myself
              That's why I said "Falls" and not "Checks her out" heck. We ladies admire and check out hot guys all the time. Why a lot of us here are we swooning over gorgeous men or women on TV. It's natural. Humans are drawn to pretty things.

I'm not worried at all. Because is just that special bond between John and Elizabeth and it's obvious to everyone. At least the little reactions of everyone in "The Long Goodbye" indicated as much IMO.
              ~Athena

Comment

I'm not worried at all. Because is just that special bond between John and Elizabeth and it's obvious to everyone. At least the little reactions of everyone in "The Long Goodbye" indicated as much IMO.
                It's a lot like having a firm marriage, with Sheppard and Weir, the level of closeness and trust is so deep, their bond is so cemented by now, that tptb can try to shake it up, but the characters will always be pulled towards eachother.
                It's a matter of chemistry and how good they look on screen together, they have no competition, pairing them with other people will look like a lousy substitute. Except maybe McShep, and Ronon/Weir 'cause *zomg* *so* hot *giggles* but it's not like it's ever gonna happen.

Ehem... but yeah, Sheppard and Weir are just the cutest, prettiest, hottest ship EVARRRR!!!.

Comment

That's why I said "Falls" and not "Checks her out" heck.
                  I know that. I just think that sometimes people confuse the two.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                    I know that. I just think that sometimes people confuse the two.
                    Well, you know because you stalk my brain. Brain stalker.
                    ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                      Hmmm, d'you think so? I actually thought that they were going for Rodney with
                      Jewel's character. You know, since he and Cadman weren't meant to be
                      Spoiler:
                      and he has no Carson to argue with anymore... what's left for
                      him? As for John, I really don't think so. Almost everyone knows how
                      young Jewel is and a lot of people wouldn't approve of such a ship.
                      I think I'll never get used to Jewel, I'm sure she's nice and
                      everything, but I wanna keep Carson. ):
                      Do you think the producers were all "Hey, we need more women on
                      Atlantis"? Kinda looks like they bring in Sam and the new doc because
                      of that.
                      I think Jewel, at least if the new Doc has a similar personality to Kaylee, and Rodney will be great together, but I don't see it being romantic. Ronon is close to her age. Maybe she'll like Marines. Hee.

They don't need more women. They don't know what to do with the ones they've got. I understand TPTB less by the day. Maybe the whole idea with all the recent news was to generate hype. It appears to be working.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_Black View Post
                        OMG! i love you! i had no idea that store existed! lol, il probs run into u at the bank! oh also, does season 2 come out on dvd next week for Aussie?
                        I'll see ya there! Yeah s2 comes out on the 30th! SQUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! OMG! Yay! *goes off to party*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                        I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                        Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Jewel is one of the sweetest actors I have met. I think if the writing is handled well, she will fit in no problem.

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                            Random Sparky:
                            Elizabeth: Where could you have POSSIBLY hidden *ALL* the chocolate in this entire city?!?!?!? My boyfriend here is in the doghouse!

John: Pretty please? *puppy dog eyes*
                            My Myspace (doesn't that seem redundant?)

Sig courtesy of Whistler84, R.I.P.

Comment

J: Here 'Lizabeth, I got you some more chocolate!

sigpic

Comment

To the aussies out there,

Just flipping through TV Week and it says that in 2 weeks its the SGA final! How can it be, it's only been 4 eps! And we saw all of SG-1 without a break, what the?

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                                I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                                Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X