• Show
Clear All

Cap courtesy of spacemonkey! XD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin
      Cap courtesy of spacemonkey! XD

Comment

LOL *crawling back on my chair and picking up my fallen notebook* That's great^^. But I don't think Liz cared at that moment, did she?

Comment

Originally posted by Addie
          LOL *crawling back on my chair and picking up my fallen notebook* That's great^^. But I don't think Liz cared at that moment, did she?
          Love doesn't only take your sight, it also lowers your ability to smell! XD Except that they both angsted enough to be all sweaty... hehe. Okay. *pulls mind out of the gutter*
          sigpic

Comment

Jupp^^, that's oh so true

Comment

Better late than never. I was trying to post this but the site was down.

Lumping all my random thoughts on McKay & Mrs Miller, Phantoms and The Return Pt 1 together. Haven't read the episode threads and just skimmed over what you guys wrote so apologies if I'm repeating myself.
              Spoiler:
              I enjoyed all three in different ways. The general feeling apart from good storylines was more of this building up of team, family and friendship. In terms of ship, it felt like TPTB are avoiding it all together and concentrating on telling a good story. This doesn't bother me at all. Hmmm, maybe I've gotten a little too Zen with my break from GW. Honestly, I'm so Zen right now that if Sheyla becomes canon I would only give a disappointed shrug and ship another pair. (Please don't throw bricks at me!)

Some highlights:
              -liked Jeannie and the way the Mckays played off each other.
              -got a bit more of Shep backstory but nothing we didn't know already.
              -thought "Phantoms" was supposedly the episode where Shep "revealed" how he felt for Teyla but, as usual, the odd spoiler got twisted out of recognition. Moral of story? Don't leap to conclusions for any ship till the actual episode. *nods*

-"The Return" was more interesting for a couple of scenes.

Firstly, the bedroom scene between John and Liz (how I wish I can use this line in another context....) was incredibly awkward. I wish I can get into the writer's heads when they blocked this scene. They went from "John", "Elizabeth" in the beginning of the episode to "Colonel", "Doctor" in here. Reason? Was it to show the start of Liz's emotional distancing from her team? Not putting Sparky glasses on here but am just pointing out that up till now Elizabeth and John have been very comfortable around each other even at the end of TRW, which was a very emotional time. I really can't work out why they didn't try to connect with each other more here as friends (not necessarily Sparky). Sure, Liz down in the dumps but why didn't John do more about it?
              I've come to conclude that while it's canon that John is not very good at showing his emotions, that maybe Elizabeth is the same. She has always presented a stoic front as a leader and showing personal emotions openly was not feasible for her. When they've talked it was always about the current events or playful bantering. Having her dream shattered was a bit too personal and she retreated into her shell. Which leads on to the next scene.

Carson talking to Liz in her apartment was the perfect choice. As a medico he would recognise her blues and being an empathetic type he would know how to deal with her. John would have made a hash of things and there would have been an even more awkward scene.
              Two things to point out. John definitely said "I know what you mean" when he was talking to Rodney on the phone, suggesting he tried calling Elizabeth as well. Secondly, Carson did say "We're all a bit worried about you", and "the few times they hung around you, you were distant." (Madly paraphrasing the last bit). Again, suggesting John tried connecting with her. Of course, it could have been Rodney but he was stationed at Area 51. Not saying it's Sparky but just pointing out, you know?

Rambling a lot I know, but one last thing, loved "Flirtatious Liz". She was adorable with Dr. Lee. Would like her to do it again but this time in front of John. Hee!

Just re-read my post. Doesn't make sense but when does it ever.?

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                Better late than never. I was trying to post this but the site was down.

Lumping all my random thoughts on McKay & Mrs Miller, Phantoms and The Return Pt 1 together. Haven't read the episode threads and just skimmed over what you guys wrote so apologies if I'm repeating myself.
                Spoiler:
                I enjoyed all three in different ways. The general feeling apart from good storylines was more of this building up of team, family and friendship. In terms of ship, it felt like TPTB are avoiding it all together and concentrating on telling a good story. This doesn't bother me at all. Hmmm, maybe I've gotten a little too Zen with my break from GW. Honestly, I'm so Zen right now that if Sheyla becomes canon I would only give a disappointed shrug and ship another pair. (Please don't throw bricks at me!)

Some highlights:
                -liked Jeannie and the way the Mckays played off each other.
                -got a bit more of Shep backstory but nothing we didn't know already.
                -thought "Phantoms" was supposedly the episode where Shep "revealed" how he felt for Teyla but, as usual, the odd spoiler got twisted out of recognition. Moral of story? Don't leap to conclusions for any ship till the actual episode. *nods*

-"The Return" was more interesting for a couple of scenes.

Firstly, the bedroom scene between John and Liz (how I wish I can use this line in another context....) was incredibly awkward. I wish I can get into the writer's heads when they blocked this scene. They went from "John", "Elizabeth" in the beginning of the episode to "Colonel", "Doctor" in here. Reason? Was it to show the start of Liz's emotional distancing from her team? Not putting Sparky glasses on here but am just pointing out that up till now Elizabeth and John have been very comfortable around each other even at the end of TRW, which was a very emotional time. I really can't work out why they didn't try to connect with each other more here as friends (not necessarily Sparky). Sure, Liz down in the dumps but why didn't John do more about it?
                I've come to conclude that while it's canon that John is not very good at showing his emotions, that maybe Elizabeth is the same. She has always presented a stoic front as a leader and showing personal emotions openly was not feasible for her. When they've talked it was always about the current events or playful bantering. Having her dream shattered was a bit too personal and she retreated into her shell. Which leads on to the next scene.

Carson talking to Liz in her apartment was the perfect choice. As a medico he would recognise her blues and being an empathetic type he would know how to deal with her. John would have made a hash of things and there would have been an even more awkward scene.
                Two things to point out. John definitely said "I know what you mean" when he was talking to Rodney on the phone, suggesting he tried calling Elizabeth as well. Secondly, Carson did say "We're all a bit worried about you", and "the few times they hung around you, you were distant." (Madly paraphrasing the last bit). Again, suggesting John tried connecting with her. Of course, it could have been Rodney but he was stationed at Area 51. Not saying it's Sparky but just pointing out, you know?

Rambling a lot I know, but one last thing, loved "Flirtatious Liz". She was adorable with Dr. Lee. Would like her to do it again but this time in front of John. Hee!

Just re-read my post. Doesn't make sense but when does it ever.?
                Awww don't say that, it does make sense! XD
                Spoiler:
                Especially that Elizabeth wouldn't open up to John in the bedroom scene just like that. I mean, flirting is a very harmless way of expressing/testing feelings and you can later always tell yourself that you weren't even flirting. It's nothing but banter. But once they have an honest talk about their feelings (not even for each other, but in general), they become vulnerable towards that person and they probably don't want that. Or at least not yet. =) Let's see what the second half of season 3 holds for us and them! XD
                sigpic

Comment

Awww don't say that, it does make sense! XD
                  Spoiler:
                  Especially that Elizabeth wouldn't open up to John in the bedroom scene just like that. I mean, flirting is a very harmless way of expressing/testing feelings and you can later always tell yourself that you weren't even flirting. It's nothing but banter. But once they have an honest talk about their feelings (not even for each other, but in general), they become vulnerable towards that person and they probably don't want that. Or at least not yet. =) Let's see what the second half of season 3 holds for us and them! XD
                  Thanks leelakin. I think you expressed it better than me when
                  Spoiler:
                  you mention "they become vulnerable towards that person".

One more thing, did anyone else notice how Elizabeth's dinner civvies were a lot like her Atlantis uniform? Like she was still having trouble letting go? Likewise, John wore black.......subtext? Overanalysing? Can't remember what Rodney and Carson wore. *lahlahlah*

Also didn't mind Carson and Cadman not working out. Thought Cadman/McKay has a certain brittle chemistry going on which would be worth exploring.
                  Last edited by Ronnikins; 07 October 2006, 02:40 PM.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                    Thanks leelakin. I think you expressed it better than me when
                    Spoiler:
                    you mention "they become vulnerable towards that person".

One more thing, did anyone else notice how Elizabeth's dinner civvies were a lot like her Atlantis uniform? Like she was still having trouble letting go? Likewise, John wore black.......subtext? Overanalysing? Can't remember what Rodney and Carson wore. *lahlahlah*

Also didn't mind Carson and Cadman not working out. Thought Cadman/McKay has a certain brittle chemistry going on which would be worth exploring.
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm in good hope that maybe, just maybe some event in Return 2 will cause them to open up towards each other a little more. =)

Yeah! =) Someone mentioned it a few pages ago,
                    they all actually wore their Atlantis colors at the dinner table! I think that was intentional, it would've been too much of a coincidence. *lol*

I was quite glad, too, though not exactly for the same reasons.
                    sigpic

Comment

A quick pic to say goodnight =)

Adorable! I tried to green you but I wasn't allowed to. *pout*

Anyway, it was depressing not to have any new Sparky on the television yesterday. The BSG premiere was awesome, but it just wasn't...Sparky.

“Le monde a tellement de regrets
                      Tellement de choses qu'on promet.
                      Une seule pour laquelle je suis fait
                      Je t'aimais, je t'aime et je t'aimerai...”

~ Francis Cabrel

Comment

Leela, congrats on hitting 200 posts!

Comment

A quick pic to say goodnight =)

*hums*
                          *beams* Very beautiful, but where are John's hands. *tztztz* I like the way you think, Jule.

Congrats on 200 posts, you overran me in no time and I'm here for nearly 1 1/2 years.

Welcome all newbies!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the congrats! =D I didn't even notice XDD *lol*

Originally posted by Ankareeda
                            *beams* Very beautiful, but where are John's hands. *tztztz* I like the way you think, Jule.

Congrats on 200 posts, you overran me in no time and I'm here for nearly 1 1/2 years.

Welcome all newbies!
                            Andy! TALK TO US! *cling*

Also, his arms are resting on her lower back. What did YOU think? It cost him all his nerves to even put them there, I bet! XD
                            sigpic

Comment

since theres no more atlantis for awhile i made a sparky vid. but its also daniel and vala. Enjoy
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b5bKPJR9mw
                              three's a crowd...
                              ahh thats better

aww cute.

I think people who don't watch Atlantis are crazy.
                              And I think people who don't watch Stargate SG-1 are equally as whacked.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_Black
                                since theres no more atlantis for awhile i made a sparky vid. but its also daniel and vala. Enjoy
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b5bKPJR9mw
                                I like it! =) Say, in about minute 2:20... are those Daniel and Vala on an ATLANTIS balcony? o_o Heee. I haven't watched SG-1 in some time, or maybe my eyes betray me. XD
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X