No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Looks around* Wow it's been a while since I've strayed in here. Lots of new faces. *waves*

I don't think this has been mentioned (did a quick thread search). I found this a bit giggleworthy when I read the review for the Return Part I over at www.tvsquad.com

I half wondered if Shep was going to make a move on Weir before they headed back.
    That was the only mention of ship in the review, but here's the link if anybody's interested.

Full Review

Also managed to make two Shep/Weir icons from some caps in the last few eps.

Comment

Irish Eyes, I don't think the Atlantis DVDs have a street date yet, but it'll probably be the first Tuesday in November, if they follow the pattern from last year.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
        The sooner the better, IMO. Would you believe, the networks in Aus stuffed around with SG1 and BSG so much that they only just started showing the latest seasons. Funny thing is, within a week of them starting on TV, they were released on DVD here. I was recently at JB Hifi, which is a DVD/CD/etc store. Number one DVD? SG1 box set. Number 2? BSG.

The networks wonder why these shows don't rate here! It's because they don't start showing them until they're available on DVD!
        Plus they dont advertise when they are on, and then show them at late night, on a different day each week, and drop them in favor of what ever sport they have or some crap movie or special event they want to show instead

EDIT: They also have a nasty habit of skipping episodes or showing seasons out of order

and to keep this mildley on topic Sparky is great, i just love these two's interaction its so cute.
        Last edited by Ice Wolf; 24 September 2006, 05:22 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
          Spoiler:

[drool session] Let me just say also: 'Whoa momma!' Didn't John and Elizabeth look ultra hot sitting side by side in the resturant and later as they stood beside each other on the base plotting. I was digging that red sweater ensemble beside John's black shirt. Yum-MY! I know it's completely shallow but honey, the two of them just look so doggone fantastic together and so dadgum RIGHT together. [/end drool session]

Yes, yes and yes!
          Spoiler:
          I liked them even more in civilian clothes. The nice little dinner moment that SR suggested long ago is something I would love to see even more after this episode......should tptb choose to be so brave

I liked the bedroom scene, I liked that it was he who came to see her before they left Atlantis, and then them having a conversation with a nice mix of the personal and professional bits in it I also liked that there was no music there and went at that silence which lasted about one second between them after she looked up at him. And, I gotta agree with how BIG Elizabeth's room was!
          Yay! We have scenes of John in her room now Loving this season with all the wonderful scenes it keeps giving!

The goodbye between John and Teyla....errr, where were the hands? Didn't they put their hands on the shoulders before?

Heh, what made me giggle was also the cute turtle scene. Mom and dad sitting in the front of the car with the kids in the back. Carson starts complaining about his pets and Elizabeth (mom) tries to assure him they'll be okay, while John (dad, with less patience) saying the opposite.

Oh and the WOW moment. Heh, lovely.

Good episode with a good cliffhanger (much better than the cliffhangers from the previous two seasons).

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
            Another Victorian... I feel your pain. I think we have it worse than the other states. I know NSW and QLD were showing SG1 for years when it wasn't on in Vic.

As for SGA, it's pathetic that the Americans are halfway through season three and season two hasn't even started on TV here yet!
            It's the same here, Alyssa-- for terrestrial, at least. AFAIA there are no plans to show season 2 on terrestrial here yet at all.

Can I squee that when I came onto this thread this morning it and I had exactly the same number of pages v posts? ^_^

1800!! *does happy dance* Hey wait... wasn't it, like, only last week I was dancing about 1700? I spend too much time online...

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
              It's the same here, Alyssa-- for terrestrial, at least. AFAIA there are no plans to show season 2 on terrestrial here yet at all.

Can I squee that when I came onto this thread this morning it and I had exactly the same number of pages v posts? ^_^

1800!! *does happy dance* Hey wait... wasn't it, like, only last week I was dancing about 1700? I spend too much time online...
              Congrats on 1800 Posts

Spoiler:

Time for a little snack while you start working on the next milestone!
              Last edited by Pocus; 25 September 2006, 05:17 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Heeee. Thanks Pocus. I love that outfit she's wearing, though the image should probably be spoiler-cut. And you know what, I just did have lunch between posting and replying. *giggles* Funny coincidence.

I love
                Spoiler:
                the teasing in that scene, though. The affection in the look she gives him when she calls him cheeky.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                  Heeee. Thanks Pocus. I love that outfit she's wearing, though the image should probably be spoiler-cut. And you know what, I just did have lunch between posting and replying. *giggles* Funny coincidence.

I love
                  Spoiler:
                  the teasing in that scene, though. The affection in the look she gives him when she calls him cheeky.
                  Done!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I love
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Totally agree with you there! surprised? That was such a cute scene! Adoration was totally shining out of Elizabeth's eyes for John. Totally! Can I say totally any more?

IMHO I think they play off each other so well these days now, so in sync with each other. I love it! I guess it's just a natural progression of their relationship. I'm looking forward to when they get to the kissing part of their relationship!
                    A OUT AND PROUD TORRI/ELIZABETH FAN
                    sig made by samjack_girl, icons by me!

Comment

Yeah,
                      Spoiler:
                      The cheeky comment was full of adoration and love on Elizabeth's part...and the fact that John knows that she hardly slept on Atlantis- well it just shows how much he really does know her.

You know, I think after The Real World, Progeny and Common Ground which where three totally shippy episodes these episodes after have made me go through shippy withdrawl.
                      sigpic
                      Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                      |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                        Spoiler:
                        I liked the bedroom scene, I liked that it was he who came to see her before they left Atlantis, and then them having a conversation with a nice mix of the personal and professional bits in it I also liked that there was no music there and went at that silence which lasted about one second between them after she looked up at him. And, I gotta agree with how BIG Elizabeth's room was!
                        Yay! We have scenes of John in her room now Loving this season with all the wonderful scenes it keeps giving!
                        Ooh, you're right about the music. I'd forgotten to mention that.
                        Spoiler:
                        That scene just spoke volumes. Elizabeth was so agitated, and it was pretty obvious that John wanted to say something to her. I think he just didn't know what to do about it. And let's face it, he's admitted himself that he's not too good at that sort of thing.

Originally posted by Vixen
                        Spoiler:
                        The goodbye between John and Teyla....errr, where were the hands? Didn't they put their hands on the shoulders before?
                        Heh, yeah, I don't know where the hands were, but I think Joe said in the commentary of Rising that he really hated doing the headbutt thing, so maybe he was just trying to get it over with and move on.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by wannatee_1984

IMHO I think they play off each other so well these days now, so in sync with each other. I love it! I guess it's just a natural progression of their relationship. I'm looking forward to when they get to the kissing part of their relationship!
                          I'm just happy that their relationship is not "in your face". It was more like watching season 1, if you know what I mean . I think I've noticed in season 3 that there is no excessive angst or feelings that are just thrown at you.. (correct me if I'm wrong, I will rewatch all the episodes ) It's just little things that make shippers happy and leaves us wanting more...

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            Heh, yeah, I don't know where the hands were, but I think Joe said in the commentary of Rising that he really hated doing the headbutt thing, so maybe he was just trying to get it over with and move on.
                            Spoiler:
                            It looked to me a bit like a military salute, don't know why, maybe because it looked like they counted before bringing their heads down, one, two, three, go.
                            Last edited by Luz; 24 September 2006, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Okay, question! XD

I read some weeks ago (I can't remember where), that Joe Flanigan repeatedly stated in interviews that there was "nothing" between Sheppard and Weir? o_O One of them from this year, even? There were no links, so I'm not sure if it's true (I'd rather it wasn't XD; ).
                              sigpic

Comment

Guys, not sure you found the transcript for The Return yet, well, I have.

http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/atlant...lantis-310.htm

Forgive me if the link has been posted before.
                                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Working...
                                X