Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lizabeth
    I had another random thought on TRW, don't kill me for this, but hear me out:

Spoiler:
    Do you think John gave up on Elizabeth? Earlier today I was thinking on how awesome it was that he wouldn't give up on her. I believe it was talked about on here too. I still think it was awesome, when Carson says they are losing her and he just totally refuses to accept that. But...she doesn't wake up when he's in there with her. I was just watching it again and thinking about how he winces when they pry him off of her and how once they do manage to get him off he backs out atleast semi-willingly and I was wondering what he was thinking. At first I just thought of it as "I don't want to leave, but I realize I might be infected." But what if he had a flicker of doubt? Maybe his wince was really a "This didn't work, I don't know what else to do." Maybe he left willingly then because for a brief moment, all hope left him. I don't know, just speculating....at the very least that could be a fanfic idea. If anybody wants to use it go ahead, just give me credit for the idea.
    we would never want to kill you!! We are a friendly thread...

i do have to say that i like your idea and i wonder as well!
    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Spoiler:
      Do you think John gave up on Elizabeth? Earlier today I was thinking on how awesome it was that he wouldn't give up on her. I believe it was talked about on here too. I still think it was awesome, when Carson says they are losing her and he just totally refuses to accept that. But...she doesn't wake up when he's in there with her. I was just watching it again and thinking about how he winces when they pry him off of her and how once they do manage to get him off he backs out atleast semi-willingly and I was wondering what he was thinking. At first I just thought of it as "I don't want to leave, but I realize I might be infected." But what if he had a flicker of doubt? Maybe his wince was really a "This didn't work, I don't know what else to do." Maybe he left willingly then because for a brief moment, all hope left him. I don't know, just speculating....at the very least that could be a fanfic idea. If anybody wants to use it go ahead, just give me credit for the idea.
      I really don't think that would happen.
      Spoiler:
      He has too much confidence in her to believe that she would ever stop fighting. He may have been at a loss for what to do next, but I bet, had he been given more time in with her, we would have seen more physical contact and much more vocal encouragement. I don't think he would give up hope until ......well, most likely never.
      sigpic

Comment

Blower's, that is VERY amusing! And, I appologize about the song mix up. THAT is what I get for reading the thread at 3 am and responding the moment I get up the following day. *L* In which case, the lyrics are very nice.

Welcome Roo!

And, so I'm a lil more on topic this time, I do a lil shout to some of my friends sparky! fan-art! ^.^

"I Will Always Return" by Alimoey http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36919138/

"Shoulda Been" by SpideeGrrl77
        http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps
        "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Spoiler:
          Just random thoughts on your random thoughts... hee
          Spoiler:

He never gave up on her at all. It is my belief that it hurts him that Elizabeth couldn't reply back to his ***cough*** pleads to fight the nanites from taking over. It also worries and concerns him that the "aggressive little bas*****" just won't die even with a zap of the EMP and the thought of what they are doing to Elizabeth stirs up all his protective instincts.

What really suprises me is the amount of emotion John has shown at the thought of losing Elizabeth and knowing Elizabeth has to fight off the nanites alone in her mind. Never mind the whole Atlantis team watching him go crazy when he went to Liz's bedside and grabbed her arm to establish a link with her, because IMO, all that glass separating him is just killing the poor guy and it's so annoying, especially if the one you wuv is out of your reach.

I like the way Carl Binder wrote the scene of John and Elizabeth going through things together. The last scene is almost like a "shared thought" between them, an sensory-auditory link ( I would like to call it that way, since comatose Liz can only hear John, and John can only establish contact with Liz through touch and voice ). Now, I must admit, if I weren't Sparky converted yet, I would start leaning toward it if I've watched this episode. And since I am now, well, I am just hawt/damn enjoying myself.

And since you requested pics of Liz smiling.... PICSPAM!
          Spoiler:

And it's all because of the smile of a certain flyboy:
          Spoiler:

And, in which, I think:
          Spoiler:

MOM-in-Law would also fall for
          Leader. Diplomat. Beauty. Brains.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
            Vengeance

Spoiler:
            When i read that about how it's something a lot of fans are looking forward too, i immediately thought "YAY! they're going to get rid of Kavanaugh!" .
            I don't think it'll be anything shippy, sure there will be S/W in the episode (following the pattern they've set of a steady development of the ship), but i wouldn't expect this surprise to have anything to do with ship.
            LOL!
            Spoiler:
            Getting rid of Kavanaugh would definitely top fan lists! But would it fit with the 'Vengeance' theme?

Comment

Originally posted by k1037
              heh, thanks.

There were surprisingly few comments/ratings on that picture spam. Probably because I posted it in the middle of the night, eh?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=34802
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=34803
              Well I did say I loved the captions and picture essays. That's what I call it, a picture essay, not spam.

But no fair! My server won't find sendspace!

Comment

Originally posted by Bama

Well...all I can say is it's about time they finally fufilled all that yummy sexual tension first revealed in 'Rising'!

I agree Bama! And then I wondered if
                Spoiler:
                we would see a slow, sweet kiss or a hot, passionate one. I know we really want the make out session in the closet, but it's all about baby steps. LOL

Has anyone been reading the other threads since the blurb about Vengeance came out? Just wondered how everyone is spinning this one.
                sigpic
                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                  Well I did say I loved the captions and picture essays. That's what I call it, a picture essay, not spam.

But no fair! My server won't find sendspace!
                  me neither!!
                  three's a crowd...
                  ahh thats better

aww cute.

I think people who don't watch Atlantis are crazy.
                  And I think people who don't watch Stargate SG-1 are equally as whacked.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Lethe
                    Okay, so this tantalizing bit of information is up on the main page:

Spoiler:
                    A source has revealed to GateWorld the title for the penultimate Season Three Atlantis episode. "Vengeance," episode 19, is being written by Carl Binder, and is promised to feature a surprise that many Stargate fans might have on their wish lists.

It is not clear if the episode will directly tie in to the season finale, dealing in some form with the Asurans (story). Keep it with GateWorld for more as this episode develops!

Note the sections I put in bold!

Now I'm not usually one for jumping to hopeful conclusions (who am I kidding!), but could it be?!! Is it possible?!!
                    Oh I hope! I hope, I hope, I hope! I hope! I hope! Oh! I'm reading this fantastic fan fic about the vengence of Micheal -http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3097574/1/ - it would be amazing if it were along these lines.....or something like it....could be a sparky episode with Micheal in it at the same time!

k1037- you slay me too!

Originally posted by hopalong
                    Man the captions and the photo essays are great! Me, I don't have so much to offer, just my TRW wallpaper

Spoiler:

I am a good girl, I put the thumbmnail in spoiler tags...
                    I love that wallpaper!

Spoiler:
                    Awww! I never thought about that! Poor John! Poor Poor John! Not to mention that it does bring up ideas for fanfiction....

.....ugh! I want more SPARKY this season! Something more cannon- something like Sam and Jack when they go through the lie detector....but better, more suiting to Atlantis....a trip to an alternet universe would be great!
                    sigpic
                    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Bama

Well...all I can say is it's about time they finally fufilled all that yummy sexual tension first revealed in 'Rising'!

*splorfs*

Yes, it's about time John and Teyla finally realize their true love for each other!

+ = lurve
                      (I can't even type that with a straight face )

“Le monde a tellement de regrets
                      Tellement de choses qu'on promet.
                      Une seule pour laquelle je suis fait
                      Je t'aimais, je t'aime et je t'aimerai...”

~ Francis Cabrel

Comment

I don't know about you guys but I'm really excited about tonight. And just to fuel your enthusiasm, I'm debuting my first Sparky video. I think it fits really well with tonight's episode...it's all about how John and Elizabeth are always looking after each other (with a fair share of romantic pining of course). I knew when I heard it that it would be perfect for them. I'd be glad to hear what you guys think, this being my first video effort for Atlantis.

I've made two versions, one containing clips from all three seasons (up until "The Real World") and the other with scenes from seasons 1 & 2 only. The song is "Look After You" by The Fray.

Look After You v1 (S1-3)

Look After You v2 (S1-2)

Again, I'd love to hear what you guys think. I had some difficulties with this one (mostly related to my crappy computer) but I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I have said it time and time again, you are a bunch of really talented people. I'm absolutely spoilt rotten with Sparky goodness this week.

My own little contribution:
                          Spoiler:

Elizabeth:John, we have to dial back the UST till next year now that TPTB have renewed SGA for a fourth season.

John: Don't I even get a little kiss for all the major angsting I did in TRW?

Elizabeth: No.

John: *wibbles*

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by pong
                            Just random thoughts on your random thoughts... hee
                            Spoiler:

He never gave up on her at all. It is my belief that it hurts him that Elizabeth couldn't reply back to his ***cough*** pleads to fight the nanites from taking over. It also worries and concerns him that the "aggressive little bas*****" just won't die even with a zap of the EMP and the thought of what they are doing to Elizabeth stirs up all his protective instincts.

What really suprises me is the amount of emotion John has shown at the thought of losing Elizabeth and knowing Elizabeth has to fight off the nanites alone in her mind. Never mind the whole Atlantis team watching him go crazy when he went to Liz's bedside and grabbed her arm to establish a link with her, because IMO, all that glass separating him is just killing the poor guy and it's so annoying, especially if the one you wuv is out of your reach.

I like the way Carl Binder wrote the scene of John and Elizabeth going through things together. The last scene is almost like a "shared thought" between them, an sensory-auditory link ( I would like to call it that way, since comatose Liz can only hear John, and John can only establish contact with Liz through touch and voice ). Now, I must admit, if I weren't Sparky converted yet, I would start leaning toward it if I've watched this episode. And since I am now, well, I am just hawt/damn enjoying myself.

I have a few random thoughts on your random thoughts on...okay here goes.
                            Spoiler:
                            I watched certain scenes about a thousand times doing my last vid which made me think. She was seeing John in her imaginary world long before he started talking to her. Psychic connection anyone? The looks on his face just kill me. I've never seen him look that way...ever. No matter what anyone says. If someone disagrees, I demand picture proof. First he was hesitant to talk to her even looking around to make sure they were alone. How cute was that? Then at the end when things got desperate he lost all inhibitions. It was like he forgot the others were there. I wonder what he would have done if they hadn't pulled him away. And along the lines of what someone said *sorry I forget who* about him giving up. I kind of agree with that in a small way. If he had decided to stay with her, they wouldn't have been able to move him. I would love to have seen what he would do next. *flails* Now since the week of the Sparky high is over, and no telling what we'll get tonight, I'd like to present an idea. After TRW, there's no way they can go with Sheyla. 1. This ep more than any other has firmly fixed a deeper S/W connection even in the minds of non-shippers. 2. Pulling Sheyla out of a hat at this point would confuse the casual viewer and make TPTB look indecisive and ridiculous. 3. The crowd who snickered at the kirking will say he's doing it now with his 2 co-workers. 4. Others will say at the least that he's wishy washy. 5. Would it be possible for the intense close personal relationship with Elizabeth to continue while he romances Teyla? Of course not. So this takes us back to #2-4. Now this doesn't mean that the writers won't do just that because we already know that they don't see things like we do always. *holds out hope for Carl Binder*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                              I have a few random thoughts on your random thoughts on...okay here goes.
                              Spoiler:
                              I watched certain scenes about a thousand times doing my last vid which made me think. She was seeing John in her imaginary world long before he started talking to her. Psychic connection anyone? The looks on his face just kill me. I've never seen him look that way...ever. No matter what anyone says. If someone disagrees, I demand picture proof. First he was hesitant to talk to her even looking around to make sure they were alone. How cute was that? Then at the end when things got desperate he lost all inhibitions. It was like he forgot the others were there. I wonder what he would have done if they hadn't pulled him away. And along the lines of what someone said *sorry I forget who* about him giving up. I kind of agree with that in a small way. If he had decided to stay with her, they wouldn't have been able to move him. I would love to have seen what he would do next. *flails* Now since the week of the Sparky high is over, and no telling what we'll get tonight, I'd like to present an idea. After TRW, there's no way they can go with Sheyla. 1. This ep more than any other has firmly fixed a deeper S/W connection even in the minds of non-shippers. 2. Pulling Sheyla out of a hat at this point would confuse the casual viewer and make TPTB look indecisive and ridiculous. 3. The crowd who snickered at the kirking will say he's doing it now with his 2 co-workers. 4. Others will say at the least that he's wishy washy. 5. Would it be possible for the intense close personal relationship with Elizabeth to continue while he romances Teyla? Of course not. So this takes us back to #2-4. Now this doesn't mean that the writers won't do just that because we already know that they don't see things like we do always. *holds out hope for Carl Binder*
                              Random thoughts on your random thoughts about others' random thoughts:
                              You want picture proof? Well, here's your picture proof...
                              Spoiler:

Er.....what was I supposed to be proving again?

I'm normally hesitant in making sweeping statements but it does seem like S/W moments are deliberately being written in. Hopefully TPTB have learnt their lesson with S/J and really make a commitment in handling this ship properly. I'm just wondering, now that SGA has been renewed for a fourth season, whether they will tone Sparky down a bit to make it last the distance and keep the viewers in general happy. I really hope they don't do that now that they have set the whole thing rolling.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                                Random thoughts on your random thoughts about others' random thoughts:
                                You want picture proof? Well, here's your picture proof...
                                Spoiler:

Er.....what was I supposed to be proving again?

I'm normally hesitant in making sweeping statements but it does seem like S/W moments are deliberately being written in. Hopefully TPTB have learnt their lesson with S/J and really make a commitment in handling this ship properly. I'm just wondering, now that SGA has been renewed for a fourth season, whether they will tone Sparky down a bit to make it last the distance and keep the viewers in general happy. I really hope they don't do that now that they have set the whole thing rolling.
                                We could keep this going all day, but my treadmill is calling. On toning it down.
                                Spoiler:
                                I hope not because then the less observant will think it has gone away. I see it as being subtle, but I know others disagree. And what about the group that sees nothing? Middle ground is best but personally I'm ready for an in-your-face-can't-be-mistaken romantic moment initiated by John. Dang it.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X