Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironic
    Hi. Newbie here. I've been lurking for some time now, but Emotionallydisturbed threatened talked me into joining GW. I'm a multi-shipper, as in, I ship both S/W and S/T, but I'm hoping I'll still manage to enjoy myself and partake of various squeeing. Anyway, I just wanted to pop my head in and say hi.

So, um, hi.

I envy you that. And welcome!

AL

Comment

Just popping in to chime in with the "MORE SPARKY IN S3" sentiments!

NML:
      Spoiler:

I thought it was great how they wrote Elizabeth so upset but bottling it up to do the right thing. It was kind of like after losing some people who were close to her (read: John ), she threw her job in the IOA's faces because there was little else for her to lose.

And ShepsGirl1987... I like your line of reasoning...
      Originally posted by ShepsGirl1987
      Spoiler:

Hmmm... Lets see...
      (Hive) She thinks he's dead for 2 seconds... Liz looks like she's about to cry then we get a look-of-love between the two.
      (Siege 3) She thinks he's dead for one or two minutes... We get the shippy hug of goodness
      (Misbegotten) She thinks he's dead for days... We deserve things that aren't PG... Or a real kiss at the very least
      xoxo
      Geeky Dollie

http://www.lizziewear.ca ~*~ UPDATED: July 1, 2006

Comment

Welcome all newbies!! Here's hopeing that we get more Sparky! in upcoming eps.

To whom ever stated that Spygate was going to take over the world in about five years....you are soooo right! *giggle* I find that I forget that it is all a AU community. I start getting confused on what really happened, and what was in Spygate.

+ = Love
        Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

Originally posted by Bladefanatic
          To whom ever stated that Spygate was going to take over the world in about five years....you are soooo right! *giggle* I find that I forget that it is all a AU community. I start getting confused on what really happened, and what was in Spygate.
          Heheh, I think I said fifty. It's an addictive 'verse, though, and I wish more people would contribute to it. I understand why they don't, however – unlike Langford or several of the other AUs out there, it's really, really hard to write, in my experience. Too much action for my blood.

Of course, one of my favorite AU fics out there is Miera's A Change of Scenery. Funny and sexy, with a fantastic plot that weaves bits of canon in with a world of corporate espionage. Just a great, entertaining read.

EDIT: Hey, Mel, helps to get the title right.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
            Heheh, I think I said fifty. It's an addictive 'verse, though, and I wish more people would contribute to it. I understand why they don't, however – unlike Langford or several of the other AUs out there, it's really, really hard to write, in my experience. Too much action for my blood.
            You're a tough act to follow mostly...
            It's my favourite of the AUs actually. I adore espionage.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
              I adore espionage.
              Is there something you need to tell us?

I love the Spygate 'verse, but can't write fic for anything. Its my fav AU though.

Lovebar made by natz099
              My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                It's a long running joke that involves Astro, Melyanna, Athena and FP IIRC. There was a discussion of the jar that John gave ELizabeth in BIS and what she used it for. There was a comment about her storing mints in that jar and a joke about whether she washed it out first (hence the mints being dusty from the ashes residue). Someone posted a pic of Halling sat in Elizabeth's office, in which the jar could be seen on her desk, which was captioned basically saying that Elizabeth was offering Halling some of the dusty mints.

Erm, that's the basic gist anyway, and it's just snowballed from there

hehe Moral of the story.. be warey when offered mints from a jar.. and there dusty
                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34
                  hehe Moral of the story.. be warey when offered mints from a jar.. and there dusty
                  Yup after that joke. I've never seen an Altoid the same way again.

Anyways I keep forgetting to say that I've added Sheppard/Weir screencaps to the John/Elizabeth site.

Season 1 caps

Season 2 caps
                  ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                    Yup after that joke. I've never seen an Altoid the same way again.

Anyways I keep forgetting to say that I've added Sheppard/Weir screencaps to the John/Elizabeth site.

Season 1 caps

Season 2 caps
                    Yeah, I haven't touched a mint for a looooong time.
                    Thanks for the links Athenaktt but what happened to your VSAJ reviews?

Since this is a shipper thread do you think Jor would like a playmate? She's in red (hint, hint). She hasn't got a name though. Elor? Ideas?

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
                      Is there something you need to tell us?
                      If I did, I'd have to kill you...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins

Since this is a shipper thread do you think Jor would like a playmate? She's in red (hint, hint). She hasn't got a name though. Elor? Ideas?
                        Aww, she's cute! I'll adopt her if Jor doesn't want her. I have a soft spot for dragons.

I can't believe I just wrote that...

Comment

Welcome Ironic!

I have a question, and it has to do with some of the spoilers I've read for 'No Mans Land'.

I'm currently writing a fic where Elizabeth is tired of John and his "kirking", and starts to withdraw from him. When John figures out what is going on, he if left to try and prove to her how he feels.

Now for the question. From what I read, in NML John
                          Spoiler:
                          was flirting with a young lass, and as such, missed important information which nearly cost his life.

As if haven't seen that yet, and have no idea when I will get to see it, should I include that incident in the story. Would Elizabeth even know about it to worry?

My story has no specific time, btw. It is set after Let It Snow and Gather Ye Rosebuds, so it has season 2 spoilers, but there is no set time period.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins

Oh my gosh she's so adorable!!! *giggles*
                            Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                              Well, I certainly don't believe Elizabeth was right for telling Simon she was leaving through a video tape. But what sorta irked me about Simon was that in "Intruder"
                              Spoiler:
                              Elizabeth was on Earth for at almost a month, if you calculate the time it takes Daedalus to get to earth, before he finally told her he was seeing someone. It seemed to me he was doing what Elizabeth did in "Rising" they both wanted to take the easier path out. I think he was hoping that Elizabeth would accept that he wasn't going and he could get away with not telling her that he's moved on. And yes, it was a bit naive of Elizabeth to not realize that Simon would have moved on after she disappeared on a one-way trip after a year. So Simon and Elizabeth are kind of similar, so I can see why they were in a relationship before the expedition. But obviously, in the last 2 years Elizabeth has changed. So has Simon because you know that hair no words can describe that change...

LOL...

Spoiler:
                              Why whould you go to another "galaxy" and not knowing when your coming back and expect your boyfriend/girlfriends to still be there waiting for you.. i mean if they loved you yeah of course but no person can wait that long for someone to return not knowing if they are ever going to come back or not and wait for them. it would have been better if Lizzy had justt broken up with him at the start.. save her the pain of haveing to go throught it, instead of knowing that it would happen if she didnt do anthing about it.

and that proberly made no sense wat so ever!
                              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

yeah but remember she did the video tape cos simon didnt have clearence and that if he was watching it, the president gave him permission to see it. but i agree that it was a bit unfair to expect him to be waiting for her. tst tst lizzie lol. its good for us though, long live sparky!
                                three's a crowd...
                                ahh thats better

aww cute.

I think people who don't watch Atlantis are crazy.
                                And I think people who don't watch Stargate SG-1 are equally as whacked.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X