Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Shep Code and sarievenea!

Spoiler:
    I am also convinced by Luz's evidence that the woman is definitely Weir! I think Teyla could possibly be sitting on the other side of Ronan, or maybe Mckay because it looks like there is some space there, and that might explain why the cup in front of Ronan is seen in Teyla's picture. But I'll definitely have to check to see the angle of the shots again.

Edit: The cups in Teyla's picture definitely match the cups in the spot that we are guessing Weir is in? Although I still think there is room on the other side of Ronan. So I'm still confused! Do you think Weir would go off world though?
    Last edited by atlantisrocks; 06 June 2006, 12:18 AM.
    Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by Shep Code
      Um, actually, I'm that friend that sarievenea was talking about. I've been lurking on this thread for quite a while, and just never got the courage to contribute anything. You guys have some of the best discussions, and there are a lot of really talented writers on this thread!

Just to make this more than just an intro post, I have to say that I agree that it's Elizabeth in the pictures. There's really not anyone else it could be, unless it's a random villager.

Looking forward to more interesting discussions about our favorite leaders!
      eh, join in. They don't bite here (well, Bama maybe . . .). Seriously, though, I'm not even a S/W fan, and I feel comfortable posting here. You lurkers out there should jump in headfirst. Random squeeing, I presume, is an acceptable contribution.

Oh, and because I simply must mention this every 2.5 seconds, one of my bestest online buddies (one of those awesome S/W fanfic writers I was talking about earlier) is apparently afraid to join GW. Next time you review for Salvations, just give Irony_Rocks a little nudge to drop by here.Okay?
      Sig by Whistler84, RIP.
      You believed in me when it seemed only I could. You stood by me when no one else would.
      Even though we are two friends who did tragically part, I know your loving memory will forever survive in my heart

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by emotionally disturbed
        But really, for a non-slasher in this fandom, what *is* a girl to do when faced with so much awesome fanfiction out there centered on Sheppard and Weir? You guys are basically bribing me! Bad, bad, but totally talented shippers!
        You make it sound like we use our powers for evil, not good.

a time to mourn

Comment

Luz That is so Elizabeth! unless Rachel purposely left her wig off for that scene.. Welcome to all the new people!
          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
            It is evil. The best things in life are.
            Sig by Whistler84, RIP.
            You believed in me when it seemed only I could. You stood by me when no one else would.
            Even though we are two friends who did tragically part, I know your loving memory will forever survive in my heart

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

My little pop in there.. havent been in here a while guys but im back now that more pics are coming out!... very excited promo's really need to come soon or im gonna crack!.. wanna give me an update??
              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                Well, there's already been some mention of Weir's bra showing through her shirt over at the LJ community, so I suppose it's only fair. (Seriously, though? Boxers. They show at times. )
                Really? *runs off to watch the pics once more*

Originally posted by hopalong
                Who is the guest star in that pic? I know him from somewhere...
                He was in Stargate the movie. It's Richard Kind, he was Gary Meyers, one of the scientific who worked in the Gate before Daniel came.

And welcome Newbies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                  Don't worry Mel, I'm also anal retentive. I'm always mentally correcting the spelling. My pet one is "definitely" and "definately", but not everybody has English as their native tongue. I hate to think what my French is like, lol!
                  Anal retentive? I'll give you anal retentive. Let's take a look at lose-loose,your-you're,its-it's,were-where-wear. The list goes on. Don't they teach grammar anymore? *mumbles incoherently* Did I spell incoherently right?

Now, the picture from Irrestible Irresistible I find interesting is this one:
                  Spoiler:

Look at the hair here on Liz. I think it's definitely her in that other pic. Teyla could be beside Ronon or Rodney. The pic of her at the table looks like it was taken earlier as the set up looks neater. The other one looks like the end of the meal or maybe another meal entirely. Anyway, can't wait for John to see this look on Liz's face, and it's good to see Ronon's big grin. This is going to be a hoot. And maybe we'll get to see the babes ignoring John.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I looked at "that" pic and it is definitely Weir sitting next to Ronon, which is why Sheppard has that stare thing going on.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      I looked at "that" pic and it is definitely Weir sitting next to Ronon, which is why Sheppard has that stare thing going on.
                      You know in Irresistible
                      Spoiler:
                      Rodney's reaction may be interesting also. It's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like he may not be as affected as the others. I can hear it now:
                      Rodney: Wow, did you see how Elizabeth was acting? I never thought I'd see her so...smitten.
                      John: Shut up about Elizabeth, Mckay!
                      Rodney: It's just. I've never seen her like this. She's just glowing.
                      John:
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                        You should see some of these people on AIM when they're trying to talk me into writing something. Definitely using those powers for evil.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by emotionallydisturbed
                          You know, I'm FAR closer to being a S/W fan than I am to anything else, if only because I read more S/W fanfic out there than anything else. (If I was into Slash, this would be an entirely different thing - dear god is there a lot of McKay/Sheppard out there!) But really, for a non-slasher in this fandom, what *is* a girl to do when faced with so much awesome fanfiction out there centered on Sheppard and Weir? You guys are basically bribing me! Bad, bad, but totally talented shippers!

Although I will admit I'm waiting for Weir/Lorne to catch on and work up a storm.

edit: Oh, and I like you guys, so when I laugh, it's mostly with you guys.
                          I have to agree. I've been around quite a few fandoms, and this particular subgroup of the fandom has some of the most talented writers I've ever come across. I don't know what it is, but this ship has attracted quite a lot of talent in several areas.

(Though I must confess a secret attachment to Weir/Lorne, too, though I'd have to detach myself from the completely impossible ship I've written for him in my West Wing/Stargate crossover. I kind of fell in love with my own creation. But I'm writing Weir/Lorne friendship stuff in the next installment of WW/SG. They're a lot of fun.)
                          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Not that I've seen 'Allies' yet, but...

Spoiler:
                            Is there some reason why you think Caldwell wouldn't have told her? He [John] is the head of the military at Atlantis, she has a right to know. And from what I've seen, no matter what his personal feelings are Caldwell seems to be a straightforward military guy (even when he was a Goa'uld).

Or am I mistaken about that?
                            I'm not sure it's a matter of him telling her as much as a matter of us seeing that scene at some point. Yeah, he'll have to report it to her and/or Earth. Whether or not we see it is another matter.

Who is the guest star in that pic? I know him from somewhere...

Should that have been in spoiler tags?
                            That's Richard Kind. He's been in a lot of stuff, but what you're probably recognizing him from is the Stargate movie.

And lastly, welcome to sarievenea and Shep Code! Always glad to have new members of the insanity community.
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              You should see some of these people on AIM when they're trying to talk me into writing something. Definitely using those powers for evil.
                              Powers of evil?? *whistles innocently* lol

Richard Kind is one of those actors that you see and "I've seen that guy somewhere before!" I totally forgot he weas in the Stargate Movie until I watched it again the other day.

Anyways a quick welcome to sarievenea and Shep Code!
                              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by sarievenea
                                Hi everyone. I'm new.
                                *waves shyly*
                                I've got a friend, I converted her to Stargate and now she's nuts about it. She loves this thread, so I thought I'd pop on over and show off my pretty sig, courtesy of her, actually.
                                I like Shep-Weir, who doesn't? Gotta love 'em. See sig for full ship list.
                                Thanks ya, bye!
                                Hey wee newbie! Don't know whether to go with 'Sar' or 'Ven' yet but I know you better not expect me to type that whole thing out every time!

That SIG is awesome! I liked that Sam/Jack moment you've got there with his hand over her mouth. It was one of those visuals that made you blush a little without knowing exactly why.

I'm seeing something similar with Shep/Weir in my head...

Jump in here! We don't bite - too hard.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                Exactly. If Elizabeth is in the room, John is going to be looking at her. The 'Barbies' don't stand a chance when she's in his line of vision. It's almost like he's possessed with some sort of affliction that forces him to look at her when she's around. Probably just more Evil!Lizzie spreading her power over him!
                                Last edited by Bama; 06 June 2006, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X