Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Well, there's already been some mention of Weir's bra showing through her shirt over at the LJ community, so I suppose it's only fair. (Seriously, though? Boxers. They show at times. )
    Which, by the way, it so did when she was wearing that puce shirt in Thirty-Eight Minutes.

Really, I don't like the concept for Irresistible one bit.
    Spoiler:
    That picture of Teyla alone is good, and I do like to see Lizzie smiling, but... she doesn't look like herself in that first group shot. If that makes any sense. Still pretty, but Torri's not quite Elizabeth there, which is probably deliberate. I just don't like the concept of the episode. We've had plenty of silly, can't we have TPTB fixing the mistakes they've made with the silly before they bring in some more?

Comment

Hi guys!

Just wanted to say that there are some beautiful and wonderful sig pics in this thread! I don't go into the spoiler tags(trying to stay away) so I noticed the sigs more today while I was reading......Lovely Folks!.....Simply Lovely....

Happy Posting
      It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

You should see some of these people on AIM when they're trying to talk me into writing something. Definitely using those powers for evil.
        Who are they? So I can thanks them?

I have to agree. I've been around quite a few fandoms, and this particular subgroup of the fandom has some of the most talented writers I've ever come across. I don't know what it is, but this ship has attracted quite a lot of talent in several areas.
        You're so right! But it's not only Atlantis and the Shep/Weir pairing, it's really the whole Stargate fandom. There are such talented authors around there. Maybe because contrary to other fandoms we don't have a ot of background for the character so it's a bit more complicated to write them.
        So to the fantastic authors we have here:

Comment

Did I hear something about boxers? You mean these? *Hmm, my husband has a pair just like this. Though something is strangely different.*

This is just a big old welcome to all the newbies.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
            Which, by the way, it so did when she was wearing that puce shirt in Thirty-Eight Minutes.

Really, I don't like the concept for Irresistible one bit.
            Spoiler:
            That picture of Teyla alone is good, and I do like to see Lizzie smiling, but... she doesn't look like herself in that first group shot. If that makes any sense. Still pretty, but Torri's not quite Elizabeth there, which is probably deliberate. I just don't like the concept of the episode. We've had plenty of silly, can't we have TPTB fixing the mistakes they've made with the silly before they bring in some more?
            Now, while I don't know the details of Irresistible admittedly, I do think sometimes, 'silly' or 'light' is good for a series and it's characters. Such playful eps give us a chance to see things in characters we don't normally get a chance to see. Now admittedly, there is 'fun' and there is 'over the top'. Imo, 'Duet' was well-done fun while 'Tower' was not as well-done.
            Spoiler:

Let's face it-how often are we actually going to get to see Elizabeth Weir act sexy and fun in this series? How often is John going to get to witness Elizabeth's bedroom laugh? How often are we going to get to see Ronon giggle? Or Teyla act the pussycat?
            These kind of episodes help us see the totality of these characters. They're different-yes but they stretch the characters.

I look back at my beloved Xfiles and honestly, there was about as much shippy progression and characterization learned from funny eps as there was from the more serious ones. I learned about what made my beloved laugh; what turned them on; what did not. The funny eps offered a window and gave the audience and the other characters a chance to see what the character might be like without the constant negative pressures they faced. I think that's a nice tool to help characters understand each other and appeal to each other as well as the audience. Serious and humorous eps both offer a different side of the same coin. So long as they don't go crazy and overdo with too many, I enjoy them interspersed properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
              Now, while I don't know the details of Irresistible admittedly, I do think sometimes, 'silly' or 'light' is good for a series and it's characters. Such playful eps give us a chance to see things in characters we don't normally get a chance to see. Now admittedly, there is 'fun' and there is 'over the top'. Imo, 'Duet' was well-done fun while 'Tower' was not as well-done.
              Spoiler:

Let's face it-how often are we actually going to get to see Elizabeth Weir act sexy and fun in this series? How often is John going to get to witness Elizabeth's bedroom laugh? How often are we going to get to see Ronon giggle? Or Teyla act the pussycat?
              These kind of episodes help us see the totality of these characters. They're different-yes but they stretch the characters.

I look back at my beloved Xfiles and honestly, there was about as much shippy progression and characterization learned from funny eps as there was from the more serious ones. I learned about what made my beloved laugh; what turned them on; what did not. The funny eps offered a window and gave the audience and the other characters a chance to see what the character might be like without the constant negative pressures they faced. I think that's a nice tool to help characters understand each other and appeal to each other as well as the audience. Serious and humorous eps both offer a different side of the same coin. So long as they don't go crazy and overdo with too many, I enjoy them interspersed properly.
              Don't get me wrong, I loved Duet... it's stuff like The Tower and the interaction in Inferno
              Spoiler:
              between Shep and McKay over the blonde scientist that I don't like, and all the little procedural/technical slips through the last few episodes of season 2 have started to get to me partly because of this episode, not sure why.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie checking in to the thread. Love the discussions so far.

Comment

Originally posted by HelenT
                  Hi everyone, I'm a newbie checking in to the thread. Love the discussions so far.
                  Yay, you're here! FP, please bring out the mints!

Comment

Hi HelenT!!!..........*passes along an umbrella*.........I learned my lesson the hard way,LOL!
                    It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Aww, too many Newbies. I've totally run out of mints again.

Will have to get megapack at Costco. *LOL*

*Waves "HI" to all the new folks!*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Hey HelenT!! Great to see you there!

@Southern Red: Rawr! Which ep is it? 'Cos I have never noticed that!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                          Aww, too many Newbies. I've totally run out of mints again.
                          They'll have to have wedding cake then.

*slices it up for newbies and regulars* Beware, it's 95% alcohol!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

The first episode I ever saw was "Critical Mass", so I'm afraid I was quite doomed to like the John/Elizabeth pairing from the beginning. It seemed so natural and such a part of the show that I was quite surprised to go back and watch early Season One episodes and the days of "forced ship".

I've managed to convince my family and a few other friends to start watching SGA, and I've found it interesting that, with the exception of my dad, every single one of them saw John/Elizabeth before Season One was halfway through--and that includes a fourteen year-old guy who sees more shippy moments than I do! So, I guess all that was to say, no, we're not all delusional.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

ETA:
                            They'll have to have wedding cake then.

*slices it up for newbies and regulars* Beware, it's 95% alcohol!
                            Thanks! Maybe that will get me through my finals...
                            Thanks to Leelakin for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                              Hey HelenT!! Great to see you there!

@Southern Red: Rawr! Which ep is it? 'Cos I have never noticed that!
                              Um..ah..don't know. Season 1 though.

And as an additional welcome to the slew of newbies here's a present. We were talking a while back about John and Liz in old movies. Here's a vid I did with some special effects. Some of us remember when everything on TV looked like this. *Ok, just me. Sigh* Hope you like it a little.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/80yzvx
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Squee! Trialia! I had no idea---pfft shoulda known

It's lovely to be here, too. What can I say my very new obsession with sparky grows more every day.

To everyone else, I only started watching SGA in the middle of May and was instantly hooked. Shipping took a little longer, but even from the episode I could see the sparks in sparky. (i.e. not the 'your attractive, I can dig you' vibe they were trying for with another regular, but an honest to goodness, 'we mustn't but GOD we'd have beautiful babies' chemistry between John and Liz!)

Favourite episodes so far; The Storm and The Eye.

Wee! New ship!

Comment

Working...
                                X