Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    It was kirking. He was there six months without doing anything, but the minute he finds that backpack and knows his friends ARE out there, he falls into her arms.

Talk about bad writing.
    *Bites lip* I didn't think about it from that angle. Okay, so the timing's not that great. But the rest of my reasoning stands (at least, I think it does.) It's what I think, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mirafemina
      Okay, so my mind went straight to the gutter with that one. Anyone else?
      Mine didn't... until I read your comment!

And in relation to Elizabeth tearing strips of John (to put 'dressing down' in another way); didn't we already see that at the end of 'Hot Zone'?

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
        *Bites lip* I didn't think about it from that angle. Okay, so the timing's not that great. But the rest of my reasoning stands (at least, I think it does.) It's what I think, anyway.
        Sorry hon, but IMHO he
        Spoiler:
        dropped Teer and the rest of the hippies like a hot rock as soon as his friends showed up. What about that darling little girl? He should have at least said goodbye to her. Teer was just creepy to me and almost a stalker. I don't really see most of what happened as kirking, but John never seemed emotionally invested to me. *saving the rest for the Epiphany discussion*

Originally posted by hopalong
        Mine didn't... until I read your comment!

And in relation to Elizabeth tearing strips of John (to put 'dressing down' in another way); didn't we already see that at the end of 'Hot Zone'?
        And just in case you think it's pick- on- hopalong day, I do agree with you here. I just wish it had been a bigger strip. *bad Rodney and Carson* We need a do-over on this one.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm so not touching the current issue . This is just for a little reminder, guys, if you want to add a thought and you've just posted, please use the edit feature, posting several messages in a row is considered spam. And please, when you quote pictures could you change the [ img ][/ img ] to [ url ][ /url ]? (no spaces).

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
            Sorry hon, but IMHO he
            Spoiler:
            dropped Teer and the rest of the hippies like a hot rock as soon as his friends showed up. What about that darling little girl? He should have at least said goodbye to her. Teer was just creepy to me and almost a stalker. I don't really see most of what happened as kirking, but John never seemed emotionally invested to me. *saving the rest for the Epiphany discussion*
            Speaking of Teer (I know we're not there yet but I don't want to forget this) does anyone realize
            Spoiler:
            that because of the time dilation field she was probably a little girl or something when Sheppard and the others first arrived on the planet, given that their walk from the jumper to the cave took awhile. That's one more reason it's all creepy to me that they might have hooked up.

AL

EDIT: I'M A JAFFA WARRIOR! *whips out staff weapon and swings it about in a crazy type manner before accidentally knocking self out with it*

Look at the pretty birdies. *falls down unconcious*

Comment

Originally posted by A.L.
              Speaking of Teer (I know we're not there yet but I don't want to forget this) does anyone realize
              Spoiler:
              that because of the time dilation field she was probably a little girl or something when Sheppard and the others first arrived on the planet, given that their walk from the jumper to the cave took awhile. That's one more reason it's all creepy to me that they might have hooked up.
              Spoiler:
              I wonder sometimes if John ever realized that Teer was probably born about the time that he woke up the morning he got there.

And speaking of Epiphany, is anyone here really, really looking forward to discussing it and The Tower? We've had such unpleasant arguments in this thread regarding those two episodes especially that I wonder if we shouldn't just skip them when we get to them.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                Spoiler:
                I wonder sometimes if John ever realized that Teer was probably born about the time that he woke up the morning he got there.
                EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Never thought of it that way. *LOL*

And speaking of Epiphany, is anyone here really, really looking forward to discussing it and The Tower?
                I'll skip any convo on those eppys. Hated them both and will never watch reruns of 'em. Icky, icky!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

And speaking of Epiphany, is anyone here really, really looking forward to discussing it and The Tower? We've had such unpleasant arguments in this thread regarding those two episodes especially that I wonder if we shouldn't just skip them when we get to them.
                  No, no, no, your discussion of 'The Tower' brought me to this thread when I was just a lurker. I wanna be part of it this time, by the time we get there I'd have seen it already. It's on this week.

About Conversion
                  This is as I said before my favorite episode of the season mainly because both parts of Sparky, especially Weir were portraid, IMHO of course, in a believable way according to their bios. Sometimes for me it is difficult to connect with Weir even wanting it as hard as I do because I have the sensation that caring for her is like riding a rollercoaster. This week I love her and think she is an awesome character, next week if she is in it more than 2 seconds, she sucks. I blame TPTB for not giving her character stability, not to mention the development both need. Although she is more likeable now at the end of the season. I loved Critical Mass. GUP was cute, I liked it too. But Conversion still tops them all for now.

It told me a lot about both of them and their willingness to put the team (expedition)'s safety beyond all else, but still care about what happens in a human way. The trekkie vulcan thing: The needs of the many outweights the needs of the one. They both showed this mentality even Shep in his condition when he told her to
                  Spoiler:
                  kill
                  him. Awesome episode. And yeah, unfortunately I like among non-gater trekkies. Sometimes it sucks !!!!!

Sorry for the wording if you think I need to put something else under spoiler tags or rewrite let me now. I'm in lunch break and I'll be leaving for actual eating in ten minutes.
                  Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

We discuss the Tower and Epiphany in the kirking thread all the time . And if we do it here then it will be bad, because I know many hate this discussion. It gets bad and really off topic. I vote for skipping those two

Comment

I'mnot looking forward to discuss on The Tower, but I think we could still discuss on Epiphany.

Spoiler:
                      I wonder if McKay teased him about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                        We discuss the Tower and Epiphany in the kirking thread all the time . And if we do it here then it will be bad, because I know many hate this discussion. It gets bad and really off topic. I vote for skipping those two
                        I think Epiphany had the potential to be a really interesting episode (don't quote me on that!) but TPTB totally ruined it in their re-write. JF said himself that he didn't like the finished product and it was nothing like what he penned originally. Makes me wonder what the h*** the writers were thinking when they changed it. *headdesk*

I didn't really watch much of the tower...I was too busy playing with my baby nephew. And the funny thing is, I taped it...and I still haven't gone back and re-watched it.
                        hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

I think it would be a safe bet to say that we are all tired of the fights, not just on this thread (although the last month or so, it's not been so bad), but on GW. So we should proof to ourselves that we can have civilized discussions, and act like grown ups.
                          I don't want people to feel like certain episodes can't be named here for fear of starting WWIII, so if people want to discuss those episodes here, and want to talk about what they believe was inapropiate behaviour on Sheppard's part here, or discuss whatever aspects of the episodes they wanna talk about here. It's their right, and i promise i'll behave .

Comment

I guess the real reason I don't want to talk about The Tower is because then I might be forced to go back and watch all of it... after having read the transcript before watching the episode there was a lot I skipped because I just couldn't bear to watch it

Epiphany, I'd love to discuss, kirking aside, because Elizabeth was absolutely beautiful that episode and I loved
                            Spoiler:
                            all the off-world team's stuff. Plus for the Sparky there was that really cute scene at the end. But I still wanna drown Teer in the nearest bucket for her soppy irritating two-dimensional personality.

Comment

I see where Mel is coming from; all previous talk of Epiphany and The Tower has always disintergrated into slandering how bad Shep is for Kirking, and how suckt the episodes are (tho I actually liked Epiphany. *waits for the sporking to comense* )

I also see where Luz is coming from. If people really want to discuss said episodes then I think, aslong as we agree not to go off on a tangent, that would be okay. Remember folks, this is the Sparky thread. If you feel you must berate Shep for Kirking or TPTB for screwing up potentially great episodes, then how about telling us how you think it affects John and Elizabeth's relationship?

And, umm....

Comment

I'm sure The Tower wasn't full of pure kirking...I'm probably going to have to back and watch the episode again...when my nephew isn't around. I think the episose was more of a set up for end of the season.
                                Spoiler:
                                The way I see it was that they needed more jumpers and weapons so they came up with The Tower. It was a way of bringing them into it. I mean, they discovered a second version of Atlantis! It should have been a huge episode but I think the bloodline story overshadowed it to much and this great discovery was overlooked.
                                hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Working...
                                X