Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lady Lethe
    Uhhhhh....I'm sorry, there's a rumor about that?

Did I miss something?
    Not from a source I'd consider reputable. It showed up on the IMDB forums on April Fool's Day. This is one of those things that rarely gets leaked, and besides, TPTB would be stupid to commit to a "side" in all this at this point anyway.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
      I know what you mean! Have to slap my itchy little fingers away from the keyboard sometimes before I type something I may regret later on. Luckily, I'm a mature lady who exercises a lot of restraint.
      *Did I hear somebody choke with disbelief just then? Looks around suspiciously*
      Wow, I completely agree with you, I must stay away from that thread now, some of the logic-does-not-compute! (Where do they come up with that stuff? )
      Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

I know what you mean! Have to slap my itchy little fingers away from the keyboard sometimes before I type something I may regret later on. Luckily, I'm a mature lady who exercises a lot of restraint.
        *Did I hear somebody choke with disbelief just then? Looks around suspiciously*
        Uh, no?

Since John met Elizabeth under unique circumstances, he really has no previous experience on how to treat a woman like her. Somehow or rather I like to think she has gotten under his skin when he wasn't looking. His defence mechanisms weren't brought up and so now he's taking baby steps in his personal relationship with her, hence the caution.
        *nods* Agreed. She took a chance on him when most people in her position wouldn't have done it, and I think that disarmed him a little because he wasn't expecting it. There's so much potential in this 'ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          But he treats Elizabeth differently. There's a very personal connection between them, with an intimacy tinged with a tiny bit of caution. Their working relationship is almost flawlessly smooth these days, but their personal realtionship has just a tiny bit of tension. It's a beautiful thing to watch, and on this show, it's unique. To John, Elizabeth is in her own category.
          Oooh...nicely said.

By the way, thanks for the Japanese subtitles link Melyanna. That was hilarious!!

Comment

Demons, in Season 3. It's an unusual episode, as it actually deals with Christianity on some level. SG-1 really went out of its way to avoid Christianity for a long time, at least until Season 9, where they've actually talked about the main characters being people of faith and such (though not a whole lot). I think the episode's worth it for the conversation Teal'c and Jack have about Teal'c having read the Bible.
            I remember that ep. It was one of the first I ever saw (after 'There But For the Grace of God' and 'Forever in a Day')

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
              I'm hooked to such a great story

Don't think i'm brave enough to write fanfic
              In my case, it's not whether I'm brave enough to write it, it's if I'm brave enough to post it! Writing is like breathing to me, I can't help it.

Sometimes I wonder if i should post my stories...

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                In my case, it's not whether I'm brave enough to write it, it's if I'm brave enough to post it! Writing is like breathing to me, I can't help it.

Sometimes I wonder if i should post my stories...
                Post, post!!!!! How else will we stay sane till July? We need all the fanfics we can get, especially if they're Sparky.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Post, post!!!!! How else will we stay sane till July? We need all the fanfics we can get, especially if they're Sparky.
                  How's this then?

Oh, and I hope you like purple. *PMs*

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                    How's this then?

Oh, and I hope you like purple. *PMs*
                    It's beautiful, Trialia!!!! But how do I transfer it as my sig? I've tried copy and paste but to no avail. (Am truly computer illiterate). May have to post it here so I can copy and paste. Oh, and the link is not working for me.

btw, to make this on topic. Decided to channel SallyLizzie but recommending videos instead. Try http://www.marimba26.com/Main.html (hope it works).
                    One of my favourite Sparky ones is the one made for Melyanna: "Dell'amore Non Si Sa". It's so beautifully epic.

Comment

I'm honestly not sure what the deal is. I've seen horrible translations from other languages as well, like Microsoft's slogan ("Where do you want to go today?") turning into "Wherever you want to go, we'll make sure you get taken" when sent through a dialect of Chinese. And there was a game running around LJ around Christmas where you take the lyrics of Christmas carols and send them through three or four languages with online translators (English to French to German to Spanish to English) and then post the results to see who can guess what the original song was, so it does happen with other languages. But the most memorable ones I've come across involved Japanese, like the famous "All your base are belong to us." Not a terrible translation, but still amusing.
                      "All you base are belong to us"...

Augggh! I know that! Where do I know that from? It's bugging me now!

Comment

It's beautiful, Trialia!!!! But how do I transfer it as my sig? I've tried copy and paste but to no avail. (Am truly computer illiterate). May have to post it here so I can copy and paste. Oh, and the link is not working for me.
                        That's weird. I just tried it again and it works fine for me.

I still want someone to make a Sparky vid to Shakira's "Para Amarte"...

Comment

That's weird. I just tried it again and it works fine for me.

I still want someone to make a Sparky vid to Shakira's "Para Amarte"...
                          OK, it's working now. Very nice indeedy! I want more Sparky videos. Period.
                          Trialia, check your PM.

Comment

OK, it's working now. Very nice indeedy! I want more Sparky videos. Period.
                            Trialia, check your PM.
                            I did, honey, and we can deal with that.

I can't make videos, I suck at it.

Comment

I did, honey, and we can deal with that.

I can't make videos, I suck at it.
                              Or not......

Just finished viewing all of sache8's videos. She's really talented. Thank her for me Mel, she has truly captured the essence of Sparky with her choice of music and editing.

Comment

Or not......

Just finished viewing all of sache8's videos. She's really talented. Thank her for me Mel, she has truly captured the essence of Sparky with her choice of music and editing.
                                sache's videos are something truly special, You and Me is my favorite (i prefer the original sparky one, but the sparky/spanky one is great too). That song will forever be ingrained on my mind in relation to Sheppard and Weir, i can't help feeling all warm on the inside when i hear it. I squealed when i heard it on the 4400, and last week it was played at the end of Boston legal (James Spader, i love that man, so beautiful ) *sigh*.

PS: And on a slightly related note (actually quite, but not so much ), last night i was watching BL, and turns out Alan Shore (James' character) is afraid of clowns, and i couldn't help gliggling stupidly. I know there is a really thin BL/SGA connection around there somewhere .
                                For the people that don't know, James played Daniel Jackson in the Stargate movie, and he was so cute .

Comment

Working...
                                X