Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronnikins
    Heehee! I thought this myself but wasn't too sure how it would go down here. *once a TXF fan, always a TXF fan*
    btw, the female FBI agent in the last season (forgotten her name) doesn't she remind you a little bit of Lizzie?

Thanks for all fanfic recs SallyLizzie
    Reyes?, yes, she had the whole smoldering brunette thing going on. Scully was absolutely gorgeous, and sexy, yes. But Reyes had this 'i like it wild' aura around her, like Lizzie does .

Comment

Guys, I just wanted to stop by and say this: I just posted in the anti-S/W thread, and got uber green points from people here. You guys are wierd!

. . . Oh! But thanks!
      Sig by Whistler84, RIP.
      You believed in me when it seemed only I could. You stood by me when no one else would.
      Even though we are two friends who did tragically part, I know your loving memory will forever survive in my heart

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by emotionallydisturbed
        Guys, I just wanted to stop by and say this: I just posted in the anti-S/W thread, and got uber green points from people here. You guys are wierd!

. . . Oh! But thanks!
        You go girl! Liked what you said. Was tempted to post in there but learnt my lesson after the AntiSheyla thread debacle.

That Prophecy fic was fantastic, erised, now we have to wait for the next chapter.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Was tempted to post in there but learnt my lesson after the AntiSheyla thread debacle.
          Made me laugh, Ronnikins. We both got slapped that time, didn't we? That's why I like this thread so much - it's friendly!

And it has great fic recs too.
          SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
            Chapter 2 of Look A Little Further is up (Chapter 1 is linked at that page if you haven't read it).

The collection of drabbles I've been recing is up in it's entirety (5 chapters) ~ Together
            Love it! Love it! Love it all! Great Fan Fics! Both of them is really good. Thanks for the link Sally.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Originally posted by eyecandylovr
              Made me laugh, Ronnikins. We both got slapped that time, didn't we? That's why I like this thread so much - it's friendly!

And it has great fic recs too.
              So true. It's normally an irreverent bunch here intermingled with good serious postings. If anybody makes a slip, then the poster just gets gently reminded with good naturedness. We noobs tend to forget other threads are not so forgiving.
              What we need is an unofficial manual for Newbies on how to navigate your way around various threads avoiding the pitfalls. I know a lot of it is common sense but there must be some unwritten rules we don't know about.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

So true. It's normally an irreverent bunch here intermingled with good serious postings. If anybody makes a slip, then the poster just gets gently reminded with good naturedness. We noobs tend to forget other threads are not so forgiving.
                What we need is an unofficial manual for Newbies on how to navigate your way around various threads avoiding the pitfalls. I know a lot of it is common sense but there must be some unwritten rules we don't know about.
                Yeah there are don't stray far from the sparky thread because out there is a scary place. Especially if your a shipper.

*pulls cover over head*

sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Mel - Thanks for the info. I'm working on my own version of the Tardis right now.

Gwen - Read your Fic...loved it!

Bama - You need help woman! *cough*footfetish*cough*

Everyone -
                  hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by emotionallydisturbed

. . . Oh! But thanks!
                    Hon, they won't let me green you. Hope you come back here soon. Thanks for the heads up. Everything you said over there is absolutely true. But I think it takes someone who is not so pro-sparky to get the point across. 'Ship is short for relationship, and there are all kinds of those. Friendship between Shep and Liz is unmistakable. We'll take that for now because it looks like that's all we may get. We've never denied that he probably has the hots for Teyla. He has the hots for a lot of people. But as you found out, logic doesn't apply to some people.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                      Hon, they won't let me green you. Hope you come back here soon. Thanks for the heads up. Everything you said over there is absolutely true. But I think it takes someone who is not so pro-sparky to get the point across. 'Ship is short for relationship, and there are all kinds of those. Friendship between Shep and Liz is unmistakable. We'll take that for now because it looks like that's all we may get. We've never denied that he probably has the hots for Teyla. He has the hots for a lot of people. But as you found out, logic doesn't apply to some people.
                      greened her too I agree that it takes a "so-so sparky shipper" to get the point across.. I may be one of them but that thread scared me to death.
                      I like the friendship comment. I just love it between John and Liz. We don't even need anything romantic written IN the episode.. But friendship is just wonderful, and if we want to, we can see something romantic in their friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                        Why don't you ask in their 'ship thread? Maybe they can justify Sheyla better than we could. But apparently it was originally the intended 'ship, and TPTB do keep trying to force chemistry that isn't there.

ETA: And you're welcome, but I wish people could spell my name right. So many people don't. *sighs*
                        Ooops, sorry. In my defence, I did have a 24 hr bug yesterday.

But how can you justify something that isn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                          greened her too I agree that it takes a "so-so sparky shipper" to get the point across.. I may be one of them but that thread scared me to death.
                          I like the friendship comment. I just love it between John and Liz. We don't even need anything romantic written IN the episode.. But friendship is just wonderful, and if we want to, we can see something romantic in their friendship.
                          Don't think I'll post in there. I'm liable to say something I'd regret.

In regards to friendship between John and Liz. Yes, that's all we'd get for the moment. It's as it should be. If we got John all hot and wanting to shag her at this point in the series, I don't think we'd be here.

Yes, they're friends. I think that probably their feelings *may* run deeper at this point but I also think that both are oblivious to this. The thought of anything else occuring to them would be a "who whatting how with huh?" type of moment. If they are aware of deeper feelings, I doubt that their questioning it.

That's why I'm not too concerned about the so called "kirking" in Epiphany (not that I've seen the ep yet. I've only seen as far as the Hive, and that's a miracle given that they haven't shown s2 in Australia yet).

I was going to type more, like my reasoning, but I just realised that the spoiler tags function won't work on my dad's computer. Neither will the smilies unless i actually type them in Don't know what's going on there. But I will post more when I get to TAFE. It works from there.

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                            Don't think I'll post in there. I'm liable to say something I'd regret.

In regards to friendship between John and Liz. Yes, that's all we'd get for the moment. It's as it should be. If we got John all hot and wanting to shag her at this point in the series, I don't think we'd be here.

Yes, they're friends. I think that probably their feelings *may* run deeper at this point but I also think that both are oblivious to this. The thought of anything else occuring to them would be a "who whatting how with huh?" type of moment. If they are aware of deeper feelings, I doubt that their questioning it.

That's why I'm not too concerned about the so called "kirking" in Epiphany (not that I've seen the ep yet. I've only seen as far as the Hive, and that's a miracle given that they haven't shown s2 in Australia yet).

I was going to type more, like my reasoning, but I just realised that the spoiler tags function won't work on my dad's computer. Neither will the smilies unless i actually type them in Don't know what's going on there. But I will post more when I get to TAFE. It works from there.

Please do post more. What you've said so far makes great sense. And, oh dear Epiphany
                            Spoiler:
                            was just the beginning of the kirking. Brace yourself.

Now, I'll see you peeps later also. I have to go get my hair dyed done.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hey guys, just received my Atlantis season 1 DVD set yesterday!

I started watching disc one though and for some reason I could not get 38 minutes to play with out being all jumpy which was really upsetting to me. Oh well, I will try again tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh
                                Hey guys, just received my Atlantis season 1 DVD set yesterday!

I started watching disc one though and for some reason I could not get 38 minutes to play with out being all jumpy which was really upsetting to me. Oh well, I will try again tonight.
                                Maybe you should check the back of the disc for any scratch marks or something, because when I bougut my season 1 DVDs the first disc had smudge that was causing some episodes to jump. Maybe you can try to clean it, or if worse come to worse, maybe exchange it for a better copy. I ended up having to do that.
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X