Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatcheter
    As opposed to being bound and blindfolded? Maybe Weir shouldn't go off-world, she doesn't have a very good track record.
    LOL...lets hope the next time Elizabeth goes off-world she she isn't either passed out, bound or gaged, or even being kidnapped.

You'd think as Leader of Atlantis she would be able to off-world and enjoy the view of other planets once and a while.
    ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
      LOL...lets hope the next time Elizabeth goes off-world she she isn't either passed out, bound or gaged, or even being kidnapped.

You'd think as Leader of Atlantis she would be able to off-world and enjoy the view of other planets once and a while.
      For a vacation at least, maybe to Planet Waterfalls.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
        For a vacation at least, maybe to Planet Waterfalls.
        Planet Waterfalls sounds nice...maybe that's where Sheppard will have to take her when he gets back from his suicide mission from "Siege 2." Because we know Elizabeth was about to pass out after that 39:30 moment.
        ~Athena

Comment

Jeez you guys were really chatty last night!! And I missed it all!

Welcome to the newbies, that joined! Don't take any mints!

Would love to see Elizabeth go off-world more. And gaze fests, lots and lots of gazefests!

Comment

Originally posted by seetheship
            Being thinking what 5 things would I would like to see in S2 between Shep/Weir..beside the big welcome back *hug*for our intrepid hero (yeah..like that`s gonna happen ...hopeful ) .mmm let`s see...

1. More balcony scenes
            2. Liz & John in a PJ
            3. Liz & John in an off world adventure/situation
            4. Tons of gazefests
            5. basically more of everything that`s Sheppard/Weir
            Gotta be #3 for me as well. I'd luv to see Liz save John for a change! You go girl

Comment

Ok. Let's say Shep and Elizabeth do go off world. What would you like to see happen? I'd like for it to be some kind of a diplomatic mission--nothing too dangerous--but there be an element of suspense. How about it?

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                Ok. Let's say Shep and Elizabeth do go off world. What would you like to see happen? I'd like for it to be some kind of a diplomatic mission--nothing too dangerous--but there be an element of suspense. How about it?

Yes I'd like to see something like that happen. A diplomatic mission where Weir could show her diplomatic skills and learn at the same time what it's like to travel off-world, how people can have so different lifestyles and points of view.
                Plus, we'd get to see how Sheppard would react to this different side of Elizabeth, something he's not yet seen.
                And if they're going offworld with Puddle Jumper, Sheppard could show off a little bit
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

I am currently working a fanfic where Weir goes to the mainland and leave Shep to run the office, I will post some of it soon in the fanfic section, anyway I had an idea what Teyla hooking up with say Mckay ? any takers?

Ash

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman
                    I am currently working a fanfic where Weir goes to the mainland and leave Shep to run the office, I will post some of it soon in the fanfic section, anyway I had an idea what Teyla hooking up with say Mckay ? any takers?

Ash
                    I've actually seen Teyla and Ford becoming chummy recently. . however, we know that is doomed, but some do see a "McTey" thing as possible.

It would be funny to see Shep doing day-to-day administrative duty at Atlantis while Weir was "out of town".

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Yeah, I can't see McKay/Teyla at all. He barely recognizes her existence most of the time. Ford/Teyla I can sort of see, but to be honest, I've never been one to think that everyone in a story has to be hooked up with someone else. Just seems a bit silly and unrealistic.
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        I've actually seen Teyla and Ford becoming chummy recently. . however, we know that is doomed, but some do see a "McTey" thing as possible.

It would be funny to see Shep doing day-to-day administrative duty at Atlantis while Weir was "out of town".

I definitely think it would be cool for Shep and Weir to switch roles for an episode. I'd like to see them walking in the other's shoes.

As to McTey? No, can't see it. Ford/Teyla does seem possible, they get on pretty well. I can't imagine Teyla and McKay being remotely interested in each other. Rodney likes cerebral chicks and Teyla would probably prefer an action man. I read a Rachel Luttrell interview recently where when asked about how Teyla views the other characters she said that she thought that although Teyla respected McKay's intelligence and the contribution he made because of it, she didn't really think they were friends on a personal level. I would agree with that interpretation from what I have observed. I don't think Teyla 'gets' McKay like Sheppard, Weir, Beckett, Zelenka and to a lesser extent Ford do. They understand that the way he behaves isn't all there is to the guy and for the most part they are able to have a sense of humour about his antics. I don't think she 'gets' Sheppard either but what she observed of him on the outside when she first met him she liked, with McKay I imagine her first impression wasn't very positive and she doesn't strike me as interested in trying to get to know him better. I don't think McKay is interested in getting to know Teyla either. There is no banter between them like there is with McKay and nearly everyone else. McKay has good chemistry with Weir, Sheppard,Beckett, Zelenka and Grodin and although he can be very dismissive of Ford at times, Ford is the kind of guy who rolls with the punches and if he does get annoyed with McKay, it doesn't last long. I can see Teyla/Bates as far more of a possibility than Teyla/McKay. Right now Teyla has very negative chemistry with Bates, they pretty much hate each other but at least they have some kind of reaction to each other. Though to be honest I am not really interested in seeing a Teyla/Bates or a Teyla/Ford ship. With Teyla/McKay I get no vibe between them at all. Teyla has nothing to offer McKay. He wouldn't be remotely interested in her 'fighting prowess' or getting to know more about her cultural background. In 'The Gift' his non interest in Teyla was noticeable by his absence. Half of Atlantis seemed to be in the infirmary with her when she was trying to connect with the Wraith for one reason or another but McKay was no where to be seen. There was of course no reason for him to be present but then there was no reason for Ford to be there either, but he was sat by her beside, showing support for a team mate and friend.
                        ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                        FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
                          I definitely think it would be cool for Shep and Weir to switch roles for an episode. I'd like to see them walking in the other's shoes.

As to McTey? No, can't see it. Ford/Teyla does seem possible, they get on pretty well. I can't imagine Teyla and McKay being remotely interested in each other. Rodney likes cerebral chicks and Teyla would probably prefer an action man. I read a Rachel Luttrell interview recently where when asked about how Teyla views the other characters she said that she thought that although Teyla respected McKay's intelligence and the contribution he made because of it, she didn't really think they were friends on a personal level. I would agree with that interpretation from what I have observed. I don't think Teyla 'gets' McKay like Sheppard, Weir, Beckett, Zelenka and to a lesser extent Ford do. They understand that the way he behaves isn't all there is to the guy and for the most part they are able to have a sense of humour about his antics. I don't think she 'gets' Sheppard either but what she observed of him on the outside when she first met him she liked, with McKay I imagine her first impression wasn't very positive and she doesn't strike me as interested in trying to get to know him better. I don't think McKay is interested in getting to know Teyla either. There is no banter between them like there is with McKay and nearly everyone else. McKay has good chemistry with Weir, Sheppard,Beckett, Zelenka and Grodin and although he can be very dismissive of Ford at times, Ford is the kind of guy who rolls with the punches and if he does get annoyed with McKay, it doesn't last long. I can see Teyla/Bates as far more of a possibility than Teyla/McKay. Right now Teyla has very negative chemistry with Bates, they pretty much hate each other but at least they have some kind of reaction to each other. Though to be honest I am not really interested in seeing a Teyla/Bates or a Teyla/Ford ship. With Teyla/McKay I get no vibe between them at all. Teyla has nothing to offer McKay. He wouldn't be remotely interested in her 'fighting prowess' or getting to know more about her cultural background. In 'The Gift' his non interest in Teyla was noticeable by his absence. Half of Atlantis seemed to be in the infirmary with her when she was trying to connect with the Wraith for one reason or another but McKay was no where to be seen. There was of course no reason for him to be present but then there was no reason for Ford to be there either, but he was sat by her beside, showing support for a team mate and friend.
                          Come to think about it.
                          Teyla may end up alone and thats ok. She has her gift from the wraith and that will spell no dating from any Earthers. I mean give me break...Your girlfriend has the possiblity of selling you out LOL. As far as her own pepes go She is there leader so there goes that Idea. On a different note we all like romances to some degree. I am a huge fan of the Odo/Kira thing from DS9. But we also need to keep in mind the Expediation maybe able to go home, with new ZPM on the way etc. So maybe there are ideas of Weir running into someone she served with or Shep. That would be a nice mix. Tell me what you think.

Ash

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

I was just watching 38 Minutes and I don't know why but it seems a lot more shippier this time around.

Her concern when he is screaming in pain, when he decides to defribilate himself, and her relief after Beckett revives him, and in the infirmary. Made my inner shipper squee.

Comment

It does seem shippier the second time around. It also makes one wonder what happened between that episode and Rising.

Just out of curiosity, did they air 38 Minutes before Hide and Seek in Australia?
                              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                              Last update: 14 April 2006
                              Melyanna's Multimedia
                              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                                Yeah, I can't see McKay/Teyla at all. He barely recognizes her existence most of the time. Ford/Teyla I can sort of see, but to be honest, I've never been one to think that everyone in a story has to be hooked up with someone else. Just seems a bit silly and unrealistic.
                                I'm in the same boat as Mel here...I can't see Mckay/Teyla at all. Rodney would just get frustrated with Teyla's blank looks and rather stare at himself in a mirror.

Ford/Teyla I can see as a possibilty, but I could careless if they get chummy or not. I only tend to ship if I see the chemistry there. Like Mel I don't expect everyone to be hooked up with someone in the story...that would just lead to some sort of drama.
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X