Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mentalmichael
    Gotta say, you seem to have been quicker on the uptake than I was, when I saw Rising I thought that TPTB were clearly going for shep/teyla (I just said I saw it, not that I liked it, don't kill me!)
    *nods* I know what you mean. I remember watching Rising for the first time (I hadn't read very many spoilers or anything for it, so I was new to it all), I remember thinking, "Okay, so it's gonna be Shep the Flyboy and Teyla the Trader Lady... Let's see what happens." I was open to the idea, I admit it. Teyla seemed interesting to me and I was starting to like her.

But then came the later episodes, like The Storm/The Eye, Hot Zone, etc. Though there were a few attempts to put Shep and Teyla together for various scenes, it was all, "Meh." Shep was starting to have some really cool scenes with Elizabeth and those two looked really cool together. Especially when they had their first "lovers quarrel" in Hot Zone. If they'd been So. Doing. It. back then, he'd have been on the couch big time. *grins*

So, by the end of the first season, I was all for Sparky. Teyla, in my mind, could go play with Aiden and the others. Leave Shep to the whims of his Lizzie.

That's one reason it felt so strange watching Rising again this weekend. I hadn't seen it in so long, it was weird to watch the cave scene with Shep and Teyla. It felt like I was being hit over the head repeatedly with a blunt object, someone yelling, "DO YOU GET IT YET?!" Oy... But we also had several balcony scenes in Rising, even if Shep and Lizzie spent one of them yelling at each other. Dang, but they look good when they roar at each other.

AQ

*revels in Teh Sparkiness*
    In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
      Hi welcome to all the newbies!

GAH I must have gona mad or something.. I'm rewatching the Brotherhood and OMG I can't believe I fotgot about this. In the beginning, when Sheppard, Liz, and McKay are discussing the ZPM, Sheppard totally keeps looking at Liz in and it wasn't the look you'd give to a leader. His eyes were literally sparkling and so were hers.. omg this rocks! *dies*
      i have to record Stargate and Atlantis for my sisters who are at uni, so when they watch the episodes for the first time i watch it with them. i remember that scene becasue we were talking about how jack would look round the room during a briefing, and stare at people, then john did the exact same thing but was holding his gaze on elizabeth. it was so funny

Sig made by Leelakin. Thankyou
      Sybil: I Personally think that John and Liz Make a fantastic couple, they're just so full of sparkyness!

Basil: Can't we get you on Mastermind, Sybil? Next contestant - Sybil Fawlty from Torquay, special subject the bleedin' obvious!

Comment

Yesterday, in France, there was Siege part 3... and wahouuuuuuu looks between John and Elizabeth... Few moments, the french's translation is different to orignial... but the ship is always be here.
        JOHN/LIZ POWA !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
          But the ending is still the same right?, with them talking in the balcony, and him warning her with his "i'm a little trouble maker " remark.
          Sorry to take so long to get back. Okay, you won't like this, but in the book after the toast Teyla *gag me* takes John's hand and starts to lead him away saying something about her people want to thank him. It's then that Liz calls him back and they do the "trouble maker" lines. Then she watches him leave with Teyla thinking about how she trusts him and sees trust in his eyes for her. A little ambiguous here but again the feel throughout was Sparky. In the cave scene Shep puts the necklace on Teyla from behind. She lifts her hair and he *aackkk aackkk* notices her neck. That's it for Sheyla.

Originally posted by AngelQueen
          *nods* I know what you mean. I remember watching Rising for the first time (I hadn't read very many spoilers or anything for it, so I was new to it all), I remember thinking, "Okay, so it's gonna be Shep the Flyboy and Teyla the Trader Lady... Let's see what happens." I was open to the idea, I admit it. Teyla seemed interesting to me and I was starting to like her.

But then came the later episodes, like The Storm/The Eye, Hot Zone, etc. Though there were a few attempts to put Shep and Teyla together for various scenes, it was all, "Meh." Shep was starting to have some really cool scenes with Elizabeth and those two looked really cool together. Especially when they had their first "lovers quarrel" in Hot Zone. If they'd been So. Doing. It. back then, he'd have been on the couch big time. *grins*

So, by the end of the first season, I was all for Sparky. Teyla, in my mind, could go play with Aiden and the others. Leave Shep to the whims of his Lizzie.

That's one reason it felt so strange watching Rising again this weekend. I hadn't seen it in so long, it was weird to watch the cave scene with Shep and Teyla. It felt like I was being hit over the head repeatedly with a blunt object, someone yelling, "DO YOU GET IT YET?!" Oy... But we also had several balcony scenes in Rising, even if Shep and Lizzie spent one of them yelling at each other. Dang, but they look good when they roar at each other.

AQ
          See that's it Angel. We all feel that way. Is it possible we are all just a bunch of strong-minded free thinkers who like to make up our own minds? Don't bother answering that.

I have lots of thoughts about Michael also. I have mixed feelings about posting the ep threads. They aren't always welcoming to shippers, but it's important that we get our views out. I don't like the way Weir is being talked about as
          Spoiler:
          being to blame for the whole Mike debacle. I ventured into the Sheppard discussion thread and discovered someone saying Weir manipulated him into the whole thing.
          I think I'm going to take some time later when there's no more RL fun to be had and post over there to defend both Weir and Shep. This person also says very unkind things about Ronon. I'm not entirely sure what constitutes character bashing, but this seems to come awfully close. You guys have fun today.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Just popping in to say welcome to all the newbies!...Have any of you been offered a mint yet?

If not: Look to Foolish...she'll give you some...make sure they're not dusty though...

*mwahaha*
            hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
              I have lots of thoughts about Michael also. I have mixed feelings about posting the ep threads. They aren't always welcoming to shippers, but it's important that we get our views out. I don't like the way Weir is being talked about as
              Spoiler:
              being to blame for the whole Mike debacle. I ventured into the Sheppard discussion thread and discovered someone saying Weir manipulated him into the whole thing.
              I think I'm going to take some time later when there's no more RL fun to be had and post over there to defend both Weir and Shep. This person also says very unkind things about Ronon. I'm not entirely sure what constitutes character bashing, but this seems to come awfully close. You guys have fun today.
              *blinks* They're actually
              Spoiler:
              blaming Elizabeth for the whole thing? Good lord. Personally, I go for the whole 'we're at war' mentality. Granted, there are some moral issues, but they have to find some way of defending themselves against the Wraith. How can she be blamed for that? If they're going to blame her, shouldn't they also blame Carson for making the drug in the first place? Oy... *starts to get a headache just thinking about it*

AQ

*revels in Teh Sparkiness*
              In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                Thanks guys. And as far as my shipping preferences go, little sis and I are dedicated multi-shippers...I've got S/T leanings, she's prone to the Sparky-ness. Makes for some interesting discussions. But I do squee with the best of 'em over the hug. But yeah, Bama...don't think I could keep up with the craziness in this thread if I tried!
                I know it's late to respond to this but hey...

I think it's great that your here SP. I love the fact that your open minded and see potential in each 'ship'. And hey...at least if TPTB decide to go with a particular one...you could never be dissapointed *lol*

We're glad to have you here!

-Rolo
                hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

*Note to self: Buy more mints when going to the store*

I went to the "Michael" episode thread and saw all that negativity about
                  Spoiler:
                  the whole thing being Weir's fault, even though Beckett plainly said HE had pushed a long time for this experiment! Of course the same few bash Ronon every chance they get as well.

Same "anti-types" - just going to different threads to drum up support for their own agenda. *shakes head*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                    Sorry to take so long to get back. Okay, you won't like this, but in the book after the toast Teyla *gag me* takes John's hand and starts to lead him away saying something about her people want to thank him. It's then that Liz calls him back and they do the "trouble maker" lines. Then she watches him leave with Teyla thinking about how she trusts him and sees trust in his eyes for her. A little ambiguous here but again the feel throughout was Sparky. In the cave scene Shep puts the necklace on Teyla from behind. She lifts her hair and he *aackkk aackkk* notices her neck. That's it for Sheyla.
                    Blah!, so the writer was a sheyla or what?, the only way they can have moments is by stealing ours, lol. I wasn't going to buy the book anyway, i've never liked novelizations, i tried reading one of the XF novelizations and it was crap (although some have told me that some novelizations are good, it was just that the XF's ones were crappy).

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure

I went to the "Michael" episode thread and saw all that negativity about
                    Spoiler:
                    the whole thing being Weir's fault, even though Beckett plainly said HE had pushed a long time for this experiment! Of course the same few bash Ronon every chance they get as well.

Same "anti-types" - just going to different threads to drum up support for their own agenda. *shakes head*
                    If you see the names, yes it's the same two ones going from thread to thread blaming Weir for every single thing that goes wrong in Atlantis. Oh, and it doesn't have anything to do with ship, it's just their honest opinion .
                    Last edited by Luz; 26 February 2006, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                      Blah!, so the writer was a sheyla or what?
                      I don't know who Sally Reeves ships for Atlantis wise, and I've never read any of the SG1 novels, but I think she's trying to stay close to canon, which is what Sheyla was meant to be at the end of S1. As the novels go along I would suspect the romo-aspect to shift to Sparky. But that's just speculation. I'll wait and see what the other books are like before buying them.

Sally Malcomn (Reeve) is a abulous writer. I read all her SJ fics

Welcome to all the noobs I've missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        Oh No! I think FP is going to start throwing mints!

Incoming!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                          I don't know who Sally Reeves ships for Atlantis wise, and I've never read any of the SG1 novels, but I think she's trying to stay close to canon, which is what Sheyla was meant to be at the end of S1. As the novels go along I would suspect the romo-aspect to shift to Sparky. But that's just speculation. I'll wait and see what the other books are like before buying them.

Sally Malcomn (Reeve) is a abulous writer. I read all her SJ fics

Welcome to all the noobs I've missed!!
                          She writes fanfiction?, don't her novels take on a fanfic-ish flavor?, i don't read SG1's fanfiction, i don't like the show that much, and least of all S/J fanfic, not a fan of the couple. I know the show was supposed to be Sheyla (in the *very* beginning), but you can't expect me to be happy that she changed one of our scenes (a balcony scene nonetheless) for a sheyla scene . Definitely not buying it, the show is one thing, i would continue to watch it even if they went sheyla (which is so not going to happen, but just for the sake of discussion) but the books nah!, i have my fix of Atlantis with the show.
                          Are they going to do novelizations of all the important episodes?, 'cause one of the Storm and the Eye, now, that would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                            She writes fanfiction?, don't her novels take on a fanfic-ish flavor?, i don't read SG1's fanfiction, i don't like the show that much, and least of all S/J fanfic, not a fan of the couple. I know the show was supposed to be Sheyla (in the *very* beginning), but you can't expect me to be happy that she changed one of our scenes (a balcony scene nonetheless) for a sheyla scene . Definitely not buying it, the show is one thing, i would continue to watch it even if they went sheyla (which is so not going to happen, but just for the sake of discussion) but the books nah!, i have my fix of Atlantis with the show.
                            Are they going to do novelizations of all the important episodes?, 'cause one of the Storm and the Eye, now, that would be interesting.
                            I imagine they won't be doing novelizations of any other episodes. Just the pilot.

And, um, in case you didn't notice, they tried Shep/Teyla again at the end of Rising. It just got completely overshadowed by the way Sheppard and Weir immediately clicked. I think the author was trying to balance the two sides in the novelization.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              I imagine they won't be doing novelizations of any other episodes. Just the pilot.

And, um, in case you didn't notice, they tried Shep/Teyla again at the end of Rising. It just got completely overshadowed by the way Sheppard and Weir immediately clicked. I think the author was trying to balance the two sides in the novelization.
                              LOL, actually i had completely fogotten until you reminded me of it. Must be because i usually duck when i see the anvils coming, don't wanna get a headache . Seriously i didn't remember that blatant attempt to push ship, selective memory loss i guess, only the significant moments stayed on mi mind .
                              How does this novelization business work, i barely remember what it was like with TXF (only that those things were so boring), i don't think they did episodes, more like individual stories. Is the same with the SG world?, and more important, are these novelizations good?, 'cause with TXF i'm kind of prediposed against the stuff, my they were so bad .

Comment

Wow, ok so finally caught up on this thread.

*note to self, if spending more than a couple days away from internet, give up on trying to catch up. *

My parents chose this weekend to cancel their dial-up (ugh, never try to load this thread on dial-up, snail speed or what), and switch internet companies, but their new internet won't be set up until next week. So, I couldn't even get on to catch up, never mind try to post (did it once on Weds, not a pleasant experience).

Originally posted by Erised
                                Hi welcome to all the newbies!

GAH I must have gona mad or something.. I'm rewatching the Brotherhood and OMG I can't believe I fotgot about this. In the beginning, when Sheppard, Liz, and McKay are discussing the ZPM, Sheppard totally keeps looking at Liz in and it wasn't the look you'd give to a leader. His eyes were literally sparkling and so were hers.. omg this rocks! *dies*
                                Watched Brotherhood this past weekend with my sis, and I didn't even notice that! Where was my Sparky radar then? Now I'm gonna have to watch it again (not that I mind ).

Sad, reading days are over, back to classes and midterms (will they ever end?). I did get a chance to work on the next chapter of my fic. Didn't quite get it finished though, so I'm going to hopefully get back to working on it Tuesday night, and put it up by sometime Wednesday. It's got a good helping of sparky in it, so I reeeaaally want to finish it soon. *pouts*

Comment

Working...
                                X